• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Has anyone been posting anything relating to modding since I was here last? Such as:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On the topic of food if I'm not too late for that, does anyone else here like the occasional "breakfast for dinner"? I had pancakes and bacon tonight. :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm currently in the middle of lunch right now at one of the University's cafes. :p

Traditionally, the only mainstay for me is breakfast, usually consisting of toast and cereal, sometimes fruit or yogurt alongside it.
Lunch is often a variable for me, and today it's chips and a burger. Sometimes it's Japanese food, with me taking the teriyaki chicken box.
Dinner too, is often a variable, since dad often likes to cook various meals for us, and sometimes I even recommend certain meals to try - such as cajun style pork and barbecue sauce. On certain days like Friday, it's very likely to be pizza.

As for foods that I loathe:
Avocado. I have an aversion to everything avocado, and I will never eat it for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Persian with Agility and Slash.

Critical Hits everywhere.
I never thought about using Agility on Persian. Guess I shall try that!

...I just read Persian can't learn Agility and neither can Meowth

Tauros: Body Slam/Hyper Beam/Earthquake/Blizzard
Persian: Slash/Bubblebeam/?/?
Clefable: Psychic/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/?
Snorlax: Hyper Beam/Earthquake/Rest/?
Dodrio: Tri Attack/Fly/Toxic/Drill Peck
Chansey: Thunder Wave/Psychic/?/?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I gotta admit... I'm that guy that eats pancakes plain, but only because my mom gets sugar free syrup and i refuse everything else. I don't even like syrup that much. It disgusts me when people fill their pancakes with syrup. I also love cereal. I used to get muffins from high school but now that I'm in college I don't really eat. I'll make the occasional eggs and ham. Most of the time I starve or grab a pop tart with a drink.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want a balanced Ice Climbers.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll be honest, I stopped caring.
I didn't like them getting cut sure, but it's two years later and I can't say I'm still mad. I, like many have moved on.

At this point the best chance they have is in Smash 5. Whenever that will be.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Speaking of mod and Ice Climbers.
I hope we will get the Ike Climbers soon.:dedede:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Seriously though, Smash 4 Modding... it's coming along.
At this point I'm just waiting for Project M Wii U. It's going to happen. We all know it's going to happen. And then once we get hit with the "Smash Bros fans only care about Melee" stereotype, hell will break loose as usual.

It's only a matter of: "When?" Could be days, months, maybe never. Who knows?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I've had two idea on ways to revive dead Nintendo Characters with modern day game Genres.

Ice Climbers game that's a kid friendly Uncharted:

- You climb mountains. Not much more to it. Dual Character Gameplay and mechanics separates it from a game like Uncharted. Combat isn't shooter based, instead focused on using the hammers.

Captain Falcon 3rd Person Free-Roam Action Game:

- This is my favorite. Take the personification of Falcon that Smash has given him. "Show me your moves!" and "Falcon Punch!".
- You fight crime as Captain Falcon on the streets of Big Blue. Using the fighting style seen in Smash. Falcon Punch and more make an appearance. You can upgrade your abilities.
- No hookers or Car "stealing" like in GTA. But in almost a comedic style, when a criminal is getting away, civilians will let you use their car. And for the classic F-Zero fans... the car chases are albeit stripped down versions of the fast paced F-Zero races everyone remembers.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well... I just beat Chapter 26... of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright... *sniff*

Me for a good portion of this chapter.

WHY ELISE?! WHY?! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE!?!"

I knew this was coming, but I only saw a few stills in the past, nor did I watch the cutscene in person, but Elise's death hit me right in the feels. I couldn't bear watching the screen for the seconds that followed afterward, and I even cried. The part that really got me was when she tells Xander, cradling her in his arms, that Nohr needs a ruler with warm hands [and "someone who has feelings"], and she grabs Xander's hand behind her head and drags it closer to her face. As she is about to wipe his tears after saying Nohr needs a ruler who rules with tears, her arm goes limp and dies at that moment.

And then Xander still wants to fight you even after she dies and you are crying over her dead body. That part was painful too. In the following battle, I made sure Xander was the very last unit I took out. I couldn't bear taking him out right away after what just happened.

Following the battle, Xander has his dying moments. While I knew he would die, I never watched all the events unfold, nor did I bother to look up in advance his final conversation with Corrin when the game was still out in Japan. Long story short, this hit me even harder. The part that got me was when Xander talked about his favorite memory: having dinner with the whole family and enjoying a great time. I cried again and was proceeding through the conversation so slow out of grief.

Man, I need to take a few moments before reaching the final chapter in the game, because Chapter 26 is a very emotional chapter overall.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I still want someone to try enabling all the stage effects that were disabled for 8 player Smash with items on high to see if they were modified for processing power or something like making gameplay more 'focusable'

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still want someone to try enabling all the stage effects that were disabled for 8 player Smash with items on high to see if they were modified for processing power or something like making gameplay more 'focusable'
If you think about it, you could actually say "Ridley's too big for 8-Player Smash" now. :troll:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think 8-Player Smash would have worked at a full 60fps on Final Destination with zero issue of it wasn't for the items and final smashes.

If it was just No items then FD would have been perfect. I still believe they should have kept some stages in as one if the items were off like it unlocked 2-3 extra stages in 8-Player Smash

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a strange dream where I had some kind of amateur detective license and I was trying to solve a case. After finding one of the people, it eventually led to a bar, which I brought some friends for it to not seem suspicious. After questioning some people, eventually for some reason members of a furry convention started showing up which started to mess everything up. Somehow I dropped my wallet at some point, which flung cards out and while I collected most of them, I seem to have lost my detective ID at that point, which ...actually didn't have much negative consequences because I kind of just BS'd having it from that point. After some detective work, I solved the case with the help of the police...

The dream ended strangely with me questioning some kind of "magical" door to door salesman who tried to sell me stuff with the incentive of being able to earn prizes for the more I bought but admitted that it was all a scam.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Interesting. Anita Sarkeesian is starting a new kickstarter or whatever to raise money for a new video series.

When she never finished the videos for her old video game series, even though she made far more than she was asking for.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Interesting. Anita Sarkeesian is starting a new kickstarter or whatever to raise money for a new video series.

When she never finished the videos for her old video game series, even though she made far more than she was asking for.
Anita isn't a political person. She isn't a gamer.

She's a con. I've been saying this since the first kickstarter.

You don't need much money to do a project like hers. Lots of Youtubers do stuff like that (and do it better) with the budget of a potato and some half eaten onion rings.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well... I just beat Chapter 26... of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright... *sniff*

Me for a good portion of this chapter.

WHY ELISE?! WHY?! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE!?!"

I knew this was coming, but I only saw a few stills in the past, nor did I watch the cutscene in person, but Elise's death hit me right in the feels. I couldn't bear watching the screen for the seconds that followed afterward, and I even cried. The part that really got me was when she tells Xander, cradling her in his arms, that Nohr needs a ruler with warm hands [and "someone who has feelings"], and she grabs Xander's hand behind her head and drags it closer to her face. As she is about to wipe his tears after saying Nohr needs a ruler who rules with tears, her arm goes limp and dies at that moment.

And then Xander still wants to fight you even after she dies and you are crying over her dead body. That part was painful too. In the following battle, I made sure Xander was the very last unit I took out. I couldn't bear taking him out right away after what just happened.

Following the battle, Xander has his dying moments. While I knew he would die, I never watched all the events unfold, nor did I bother to look up in advance his final conversation with Corrin when the game was still out in Japan. Long story short, this hit me even harder. The part that got me was when Xander talked about his favorite memory: having dinner with the whole family and enjoying a great time. I cried again and was proceeding through the conversation so slow out of grief.

Man, I need to take a few moments before reaching the final chapter in the game, because Chapter 26 is a very emotional chapter overall.
I had been spoiled long ago and the E3 rrailer didn't help
But I watched the cutscene some days ago and damn...
Xander even drops his sword, something he would never do even in his "death"(he can only retreat in Conquest) animation
And then, he starts crying and at her last moments she just says
"Try to be at peace..."
She died because she couldn't see her favorite brothers(sorry Leo) fighting each other

This scene hits even harder if you know more about Xander
First, is that he has always detest killing and regrets doing so, he even started harbouring suicidal thoughts because of that
If he has these just from killing strangers, you have to wonder what he felt when he killed his sister
Then, there's Laslow and Peri who stay until the end with Xander despite his orders. You could have saved them if you killed Xander fast enough, you monster

Today, I learned about this RWBY stuff said by the staff. Spoiler warning if you haven't watched Volume 3
"Torchwick is dead. 100%"
NO, I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS
THIS IS FULL OF LIES! LIES!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Anita's new kickstarter, can't she be reported as she didn't keep up on her word? Pretty sure the higher ups on Kickstarter could force her to cancel it because of the scam?
It's on a different Kickstarter type service.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
****, she knows how that works. Hope people are smart enough to tell her to **** off before finishing her previous thing
She's counting on it. Then she can cry HARASSMENT and get loads of money is a flash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This Anita Sarkeesian (I had trouble spelling it) seems like an interesting person. That's all I'm going to say.

-----------------

What's the story behind this title though?

:231:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This Anita Sarkeesian (I had trouble spelling it) seems like an interesting person. That's I'm going to say.

-----------------

What's the story behind this title though?

:231:
She made a kickstarter for a web series to explain why video games are sexist, got major backlash, but proved all publicity is good publicity. She claimed stuff like how Amy Rose is sexist because of her design being a female Sonic, completely ignoring her redesign in the Adventure games being the only design used these days. She also had a huuuuuuuuuuge pile of games she says she enjoys, but she apparantly bought them all to mislead people, she ranted about how Bethesda's E3 conference was terrible because of the intense violence despite how she claimed she enjoys Mortal Kombat. She's also stated women can't be sexist and has tried to censor every game despite not being a gamer herself. There's more, but this is all I remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom