• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Calling it now.

This will either end really badly or really really badly.
So "No Mercy" run? I don't think he will do a Genocide Run, tough, he is proably going to kill atleast one monster.
Except' if the chat is cancerous and yell at him to no kill anyone.:098:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I just found out I've been pronouncing Agnés wrong this whole time
But I don't like the canon pronunciation so **** that

ScarletShepherd24M

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.22
In Galaxy, he was a HARD WORKER I tell ya!

Minin' those Star Bits (because apparently that's a thing?).

He really lost the run of himself.
well to be fair, the star bits are considered edible(some text saying it tastes like honey). So I'm guessing it's like rock candy. And I don't think I've seen any other source of edible sustenance growing or being provided for them in the mario galaxy planetoids. If the toad wants to feel like he's doing something helpful(despite star bits being know to simply fall in the general areas) I at least commend him for trying. Unless toads aren't required to eat on a more consistent basis like regular people. Then toads like Tayce T. wouldn't really have much of a purpose other than providing treats for peach and mario.

Or he could just be mining them to sell back home
PLOT TWIST
*the star bits are secretly the mushroom kingdom equivalent of crystal meth*
that green toad is a secret drug crime-lord by night/ mechanic and miner by day

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
well to be fair, the star bits are considered edible(some text saying it tastes like honey). So I'm guessing it's like rock candy. And I don't think I've seen any other source of edible sustenance growing or being provided for them in the mario galaxy planetoids. If the toad wants to feel like he's doing something helpful(despite star bits being know to simply fall in the general areas) I at least commend him for trying. Unless toads aren't required to eat on a more consistent basis like regular people. Then toads like Tayce T. wouldn't really have much of a purpose other than providing treats for peach and mario.

Or he could just be mining them to sell back home
PLOT TWIST
*the star bits are secretly the mushroom kingdom equivalent of crystal meth*
that green toad is a secret drug crime-lord by night/ mechanic and miner by day
Well normally Star Bits just fall from the sky so I found it strange that one of them walked around with a pick-axe as if he was trying to mine them.

Then in Treasure Tracker, he becomes a cartographer or something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Don't know where these came from, but legends are neat:

And should I spoil this due to size?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Alright, I saw the GameXplain video. It didn't really change much for me, although I'm more convinced that we can expect something good from the story.

The artstyle (everything is paper) is not really my cup of tea, and the I still don't like the battle system. The fact that cards don't get used up after an attack has me confused - why would you need more than one card of a type then? And lastly, I only hope that you don't have to micro-manage paint, as it seems to be the limiting factor to battles and story progress.

:231:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So it seems that Color Splash...

-Has original characters, as evidenced by a unique, lazy-looking green Toad
-Brings back a purpose for battles, a very major one in fact
-The cards already are unloseable, a huge step from stickers

These 3 things solve some already major fears. What'd I say, y'all?
I still dislike the lack of experience and leveling up, but this is nice to see. :)

What's the purpose for battles? Spoil it if you feel the need to, of course. Also, thank you card-wise. I hated that about Sticker Star.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I still dislike the lack of experience and leveling up, but this is nice to see. :)

What's the purpose for battles? Spoil it if you feel the need to, of course. Also, thank you card-wise. I hated that about Sticker Star.
Battling refills your ESSENTIAL paint bucket.

I'd love for this to be real, but please try and find the source

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .Nope, can't get my hands out of the Anita criticism potato chip bag just yet.

Yes Anita, everything IS sexist.

No, you do not have to point it -ALL- out at once.

Trying to target every form of sexism all at once is spreading your efforts too thin, trying to cause change too fast, and pretty much impossible to do since due to EVERYTHING being sexist, YOU have a sexist-influenced perspective as well.

In order to make a REAL difference, you have to start with the REALLY horrible things. When and ONLY when you have pointed out and influenced the worst examples, the examples so bad that nearly everyone can agree that they are horrible, do you start with the slightly less bad examples. Then you slowly work your way up.

You have to ease society into being less sexist. Trying to call out some of the most inoffensive examples first is just a cry for attention, not a legitimate attempt at inciting change.

If you want to change gaming, start by, say, leaking any sexist comments that game developers and marketers make. Start by finding some games that are so sexist that even people who ordinarily wouldn't care are immediately disgusted and want every copy of said game to be tossed into a volcano. THEN, once the fact that those things are unacceptable is socially understood, SLOWLY work your way over to the slightly less offensive stuff.

She's pretending to take down a mountain by taking an ice pick to a village at the bottom and just randomly tapping it on various bricks of some of the houses. It would be more effective if she took the time to climb to the peak, chipped off the top, and let the avalanches take care of some of the rest. But since Anita is only in it for the money and the controversy, she's clearly never going to do that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
. . .Nope, can't get my hands out of the Anita criticism potato chip bag just yet.

Yes Anita, everything IS sexist.

No, you do not have to point it -ALL- out at once.

Trying to target every form of sexism all at once is spreading your efforts too thin, trying to cause change too fast, and pretty much impossible to do since due to EVERYTHING being sexist, YOU have a sexist-influenced perspective as well.

In order to make a REAL difference, you have to start with the REALLY horrible things. When and ONLY when you have pointed out and influenced the worst examples, the examples so bad that nearly everyone can agree that they are horrible, do you start with the slightly less bad examples. Then you slowly work your way up.

You have to ease society into being less sexist. Trying to call out some of the most inoffensive examples first is just a cry for attention, not a legitimate attempt at inciting change.

If you want to change gaming, start by, say, leaking any sexist comments that game developers and marketers make. Start by finding some games that are so sexist that even people who ordinarily wouldn't care are immediately disgusted and want every copy of said game to be tossed into a volcano. THEN, once the fact that those things are unacceptable is socially understood, SLOWLY work your way over to the slightly less offensive stuff.

She's pretending to take down a mountain by taking an ice pick to a village at the bottom and just randomly tapping it on various bricks of some of the houses. It would be more effective if she took the time to climb to the peak, chipped off the top, and let the avalanches take care of some of the rest. But since Anita is only in it for the money and the controversy, she's clearly never going to do that.
"We need a female Link!" Anita, Pre-Linkle
"Linkle is transphobic!" Anita, Post-Linkle
Here's how we get rid of here: Stop giving a ****

wildvine47

Smash Ace

Man why'd you have to show me this cause now when these are inevitably not real I'm gonna be so disappointed.

The moth, the nudibranch, and especially the monolith at the top look incredible and that sun legendary would singlehandedly convince me to get Sun version.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man why'd you have to show me this cause now when these are inevitably not real I'm gonna be so disappointed.

The moth, the nudibranch, and especially the monolith at the top look incredible and that sun legendary would singlehandedly convince me to get Sun version.
I know, these are really good.

It would definitely be hard for me to choose between the two versions if it happened.

ScarletShepherd24M

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.22
Alright, I saw the GameXplain video. It didn't really change much for me, although I'm more convinced that we can expect something good from the story.

The artstyle (everything is paper) is not really my cup of tea, and the I still don't like the battle system. The fact that cards don't get used up after an attack has me confused - why would you need more than one card of a type then? And lastly, I only hope that you don't have to micro-manage paint, as it seems to be the limiting factor to battles and story progress.

From my observation, might look like a card reload system like the battle cards in Paper Jam. Though whether it's a random draw as stated in the video is up in the air.

As for the story, well the fact we have something like this

I'm game for whatever will follow

D

Deleted member

Please be real, I love the uniqueness of all of these.(Except for the squirrel one, it's perfectly fine, but nothing exciting.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, I'm underwhelmed by this leak if legit, as nothing stood out ASAP, though that may simply be the poor quality. With the first 5 XY Mons. I thought "Hey, a cute frog/fox/hedgehog!" or "ZOMG A RAINBOW DEER I WANT! I WANT!!!!!" making Yveltal the only one who didn't stick out

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"We need a female Link!" Anita, Pre-Linkle
"Linkle is transphobic!" Anita, Post-Linkle
Here's how we get rid of here: Stop giving a ****
I would, but watching videos of people ripping her opinions apart is so oddly addictive.

Also, she was on the committee that had "disagreeing with my opinion" added to the list of things you could be reported for on Twitter, so. . .

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow.

The Color Splash analysis was really well done.

I'm actually interested now.

I think its like Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

D

Deleted member

I love my human/werewolf/dragon hybrid son and daughter <3

Corrin going full mom mode in Kanna's paralogue is probably one of my favorite scenes in the whole game
"YOU! You dare threaten MY child!? I'll fill these fields with your blood!"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This is fake

Doesn't look like Sugi art at all.
The Squirrel is to awful to be an actual thing
I was thinking more "why does the Moon Legendary look so deerlike considering we have Xerneas?"

. . .Come to think of it, it's always the Moon Legendaries that seem kind of neglected in these supposed leaks. . .

*EDIT* The Moon Legendary looks a little close in design to Reshiram, too. Xerneram. Reshineas.

*EDEET* Yes I later noticed it was a giraffe. I still think it looks a little oddly derivative, though.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really like the lemur pokémon though. I'll be disappointed if we don't get something like that.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I really like the lemur pokémon though. I'll be disappointed if we don't get something like that.

So many animals that the Pokémon series has yet to touch, even with its 700+ Pokémon.

Where's muh damn cuddly Koala Pokémon? Do not fail me, Gen 7.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's pretty rare for something to distract me from fulfilling my daily visit to the computer and internet.

In this case, Twilight Princess HD & Zootopia.

Wuz goin' on?

D

Deleted member

When I was a child, I'd rather eat my mother's burnt cooking than free samples in stores. Mothers make it taste better
Soooooo...Animoo, the killer in most detective stories and female Sigurd? I wouldn't trust em with kids
So have Fire Ice Mom cook it
Or whoever raised them inside the deeprealms because they probably have deeper connection with the children units
Man, the kids in Fates had a pretty ****ed up childhood when you think about it
But at least they didn't have to go through what the Nohrian siblings did

Come to think of it, I haven't seen anyone edit Flora into Sonic Boom Fore and Ice's cover
If I had photoshop skills...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was thinking more "why does the Moon Legendary look so deerlike considering we have Xerneas?"

. . .Come to think of it, it's always the Moon Legendaries that seem kind of neglected in these supposed leaks. . .

*EDIT* The Moon Legendary looks a little close in design to Reshiram, too. Xerneram. Reshineas.
The moon legendary is based on a giraffe.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Popping in to ask a question.
Can you buy Revelations NOW and get the Ebon Wing 'n' such bonuses?
I wanna know if I just beat Birthright now or if I can turn a certain someone into a Dark Flier before taking on the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom