• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Back in E3 2014, we got Robot Chicken skits.
Last year, we got puppets from Jim Henson Studios.

That makes me wonder if we are going to get something similar this year's Digital Event.
Epic Rap Battles Team Up please!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What's funny was that originally, the mod infracted me for even posting official images of Rosalina from the new Mario & Sonic games at all, as well as other users.

Because practical sports leotards are too lewd.
Gee, if that's their reaction to an E rated game then we had better not let them know about Bayonetta being in Smash.
:troll:

Back in E3 2014, we got Robot Chicken skits.
Last year, we got puppets from Jim Henson Studios.

That makes me wonder if we are going to get something similar this year's Digital Event.
Jeez even Nintendo's E3s have gimmicks.

Still say their gimmick should be having a good NX launch library

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gee, if that's their reaction to an E rated game then we had better not let them know about Bayonetta being in Smash.
:troll:
I mean you say that jokingly, but I legitimately think Bayonetta should have been the signal for people to realise Smash's main demographic isn't innocent 5 year olds, especially when one of her win quotes is "Don't make me beg".

I mean there were plenty of signals beforehand but this is the most blatant one.

Trying to neuter discussion to be suitable for 5 year olds on a Smash forum just because kids might pick it up for Mario and Kirby, is like trying to do the same on a Deadpool forum just because Deadpool sometimes has X-Men and what not in it.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I hope the 3DS player finally becomes a thing on the NX, I wanna see how Kid Icarus, Majora's Mask 3d etc would look.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Honestly, that's the most important thing for new consoles imo
I can't even remember the last time a console had a solid launch line-up. Xbone was decent but nothing great.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Honestly, that's the most important thing for new consoles imo
The bigger problem is that they're thinking up good ideas but are unable to implement them in games in a way that feels natural.

The net result is shoehorning of gimmicks where people don't want them.

:231:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The bigger problem is that they're thinking up good ideas but are unable to implement them in games in a way that feels natural.

The net result is shoehorning of gimmicks where people don't want them.

:231:
With gimmicks, here's the best solution: don't shove it down throats. Why does, say, Sonic and the Black Knight get flak? The motion controls are shoved down your throat, which leaves a sour spot to many

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I think the NX is gonna have a good/great launch since there hasn't been as many 3ds/wii u games lately meaning that they've probably been working on the NX launch for a while now.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Honestly if NX launches with Zelda and FFXV then that's a great launch already.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
With gimmicks, here's the best solution: don't shove it down throats. Why does, say, Sonic and the Black Knight get flak? The motion controls are shoved down your throat, which leaves a sour spot to many
Don't forget Secret Rings. Awfully annoying game to control

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly if NX launches with Zelda and FFXV then that's a great launch already.
I could these, some new mario, another new entry in a popular Nintendo series, and another 3rd party title. With several more coming to the system each month.

My unrealistic wish is a pokemon game that's either mainline or a spinoff like the XD games on it. But those probably won't happen.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think my main (if not only) concern with the NX launch is this:

When has ANY video game console from ANY company EVER had a satisfactory launch (in terms of lineup, at least)?

Or first year, for that matter?

Last edited:

Soul.

Launch lineups are cool and all but please have a good third-party library again. Wii U's third-party library is almost nonexistent. 3DS at least has that.

Just don't make the console another failure. The handheld's obviously going to sell more and all with the bigger install base out of the two platforms, but yeah.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also, backwards compatibility is a MUST for any console. Otherwise people have less reason to buy it
This! I also hope and could see this happen with the NX. The wii u has a good lineup but it's very spaced out which made it suffer. However it would be good for the NX to have this, as the really successful ones can benefit greatly by being available on the NX.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hey guys. It's been incredibly enjoyable here but I got to go now. Thanks for all the discussions and comments and talks and I even got to play some of ya.
View attachment 99117
I know it's just before the Direct and I don't want to seem like I deflated some of the hype by saying this. I'll still watch it and hope you have fun! But I've occasionally spent too much time on the website, even a few hours in a row or constantly get distracted or something. I have to focus on my studies especially since Im struggling in half of my a levels and in 3 weeks there's a second mock and soon after that the real deal. During my time at speculation I got many things right and many things wrong, got things I didn't want and got things I did want including my top 3 choices (pictured) so I feel very fortunate.
View attachment 99118
So here's a quick shoutout off the top of my head to @Frostwraith, @N30N, @PushDustIn, @Nintenzilla, @Azure Warrior, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , @Burruni, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , @Ark of Silence101 @Ixbran @Scoliosis Jones @Only Human Z25 Z25 CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592 @Diddy Kong @Kalimdori @memoryman3 @smashkirby all the people from my Bayonetta support thread, other support threads and anyone else I could have missed - it was great and thank you but it's time for me to move on.

It won't be permanent, probbably, and you could see me lurk every once in a while but it's gonna last at least until my summer holidays.
View attachment 99116
See ya. :)
Incredibly honored to be quoted. Hope your school work for the rest of the year goes well!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So was I

Final Fantasy and Zelda are the only things I can find he said
on the leak?
He had two of them. He revealed the full lineups for both systems.

He brought up PM to, but that's the only wii u titles revealed from his un revealed this. But those are the only two NX title he mentioned I believe.

We also have reason from Square, to believe they are porting the new Dragon quest to it as well.

EDIT: I wonder when we will see the other wii u titles.

I also imagine N stars will be an E3 reveal.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm 100% sure that the NX is gonna be backwards compatible. Nintendo is all about that, and they wouldn't want people to miss out on some of the amazing Wii U titles.

D

Deleted member

This would be my regular theme when you fight me in a Pokémon battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

When we talk about backward compability, I thought PowerPC was literally dead for the consoles. The handheld has like, what, ARM???

I dunno, maybe it will have that. Honestly at this point I just want both platforms to have the same architecture, as said in previous presentations.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's the reason why I generally wait a year or two on consoles before buying them.
For one the price can be marked down, and there's more games to both play and look forward to.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
It's the reason why I generally wait a year or two on consoles before buying them.
For one the price can be marked down, and there's more games to both play and look forward to.
This is the mentality that I adopted after the Wii U's Launch. I mean, it was a present, but I'd rather just take the money and wait if there isn't any real reason to buy the console yet. Not only would I get the console at a cheaper price (and probably bundled with a really good game or two), but I'd also be able to use the rest of that money on discounted launch titles.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
These are two great fanmade tracks for sun and moon!

Nice, but. . .

There's no such thing as a "Boss Battle" in the mainline games.

What is it supposed to refer to? Gym Leader? Team Admin/Commander? Team Leader? Box Legendary? Assorted Legendary?

It sounds like either a Team Leader or Box Legendary theme due to the tone, but, well-

WAIT A MINUTE, THAT WAS YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAMES FOR A MOMENT IN THE CHAMPION THEME!! . . .Yup, description confirms.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've been thinking.

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that a proper Mario and Sonic crossover will not happen. But I wonder why they don't try to expand the Mario and Sonic series beyond the Olympics.

Mario and Sonic Party
Mario and Sonic RPG
Mario and Sonic Sports games (aside from the Olympics)

It bothers me that they still stick with the Olympics even though they can do more with a crossover with these characters. Heck, I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to accept an RPG if we won't get a platformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom