• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Nice, but. . .

There's no such thing as a "Boss Battle" in the mainline games.

What is it supposed to refer to? Gym Leader? Team Admin/Commander? Team Leader? Box Legendary? Assorted Legendary?

It sounds like either a Team Leader or Box Legendary theme due to the tone, but, well-

WAIT A MINUTE, THAT WAS YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAMES FOR A MOMENT IN THE CHAMPION THEME!! . . .Yup, description confirms.
Boss Battles in Pokemon are generally the Rivals, Gym Leaders and Villainous Team admins/Leader, Elite 4, Champion, Legendaries and Battle Facility (Frontier, Maison etc.) heads.

Honestly got a mix of Transformers Devastation final boss theme and YWKON with the Champion theme.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been thinking.

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that a proper Mario and Sonic crossover will not happen. But I wonder why they don't try to expand the Mario and Sonic series beyond the Olympics.

Mario and Sonic Party
Mario and Sonic RPG
Mario and Sonic Sports games (aside from the Olympics)

It bothers me that they still stick with the Olympics even though they can do more with a crossover with these characters. Heck, I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to accept an RPG if we won't get a platformer.
Aren't the Mario & Sonic games party / sports games anyway?
What should really happen is a Mario & Sonic platformer.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Boss Battles in Pokemon are generally the Rivals, Gym Leaders and Villainous Team admins/Leader, Elite 4, Champion, Legendaries and Battle Facility (Frontier, Maison etc.) heads.

Honestly got a mix of Transformers Devastation final boss theme and YWKON with the Champion theme.
Well looking into it he probably meant the Legendary, as the Evil Team themes are already up.

Posting the other one as a link because Smashboards physically will not let me post the Grunt theme directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_NC4VPOZg

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Aren't the Mario & Sonic games party / sports games anyway?
What should really happen is a Mario & Sonic platformer.
I'm talking about more like a Mario Party / Sports game with Sonic.

I definitely agree, but at this point, I don't see it happening.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well looking into it he probably meant the Legendary, as the Evil Team themes are already up.

That theme makes me think of the villainous team as stylised gangsters from Prohibition Era America and the Leader as Scarface.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't like how some people make up their own boss themes and such for games. It just wastes creativity by obligitory sticking it to an existing thing
So are you saying that fanfiction and fanart are inherently bad things, too?

Or is this more in the capacity of OCs, where it has so little connection in the first place that you wonder why they bothered?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Savage.
Thanks for giving me RT material, I appreciate it :)

Realtalk, the game is confirmed to be an action adventure (it;s said in the PR).

So, yeah, of course this goes with my deduction because if I had to give the genre SS was, I would have said that, but because it was so rushed, I had some slight problems lol :)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So are you saying that fanfiction and fanart are inherently bad things, too?

Or is this more in the capacity of OCs, where it has so little connection in the first place that you wonder why they bothered?
The latter. It has ZERO connection to what the theme would be in Sunmoon, so why even bother labeling it? Fan art at least contributes to it because it's FAN art. This just comes across as a musical prediction

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Taking courses that makes you feel like a PhD student instead of an undergrad sucks. What's the point of taking sociology if your professors on campus sucks?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm getting really damn tired of the "It's only a minute of gameplay" excuse for Color Splash.

Yes, to an extent, you're right. But in that single, solitary minute of game (and bits from the other two directs), we have had the following all but confirmed:

• NPCs consisted entirely of Toads
  • "Action Adventure", not RPG
  • Battles once again rely on stickers... Oh excuse me, "Cards". Though we don't entirely know how these work, we do know that they once again replace the actual ability to equip and choose attacks you WANT.
  • Battles once again do not give experience, only coins
  • The gameplay showed multiple locations with no signs of a partner who fights along side you, meaning it's safe to assume that partners are not making a return
  • On that note, Kertsi 2.0
  • As shown when Mario revealed the staircase around the beginning, environment stickers are back
  • Thing Stickers 2.0, while I will give credit that they didn't show it being required on a boss like Sticker Star made them, the fact that they are back is not comforting when factored in with what we do know.
  • Levels are linear and disconnected, as shown by the Red Star atop the first town and a NSMB style World Map
There's bad first impressions... and then there's Color Splash. So you'll have to excuse me if I'm not extatic to see what else the game has in store.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm getting really damn tired of the "It's only a minute of gameplay" excuse for Color Splash.
tbh a minute is the minimum amount of gameplay to get your first impressions from it, so I say that if the trailer fails to win you over, that's your first impression. You're opinion on the game can change based on future information, but if the trailer doesn't try winning you over, why should it?
Final thoughts: Don't be a **** and complain to people who aren't won over by the first trailer unless it has almost zero gameplay

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Relating to the NX launch line-up conversation from earlier, most people don't realize that their are a lot of key first-party titles that will most likely be at the launch of Nintendo's next console. The reason I say this is due to the fact that Nintendo has said in the past they are developing certain games which don't seem to fit in a scheduling slot for the Wii U and/or 3DS.

Paper Mario has already been announced (which was the last unannounced Wii U title) and the entire 3DS line-up has already been revealed.

By using process of elimination, we can determine which titles will be on the NX at some point.

-3D Mario
-Pikmin 4
-The Legend of Zelda NX

These titles above will most likely be at the launch for the NX. The reason is due to them being nearly outright confirmed (Zelda U due to SuperMetalDave64's rumor, then 3D Mario/Pikmin 4 which were actually confirmed to be in development and don't fit into the Wii U/3DS schedule. Platform was also not specified for them.)

Now, there are other rumors possibly hinting at other NX launch titles (Smash NX), but this list is just the titles that are pretty much close to being confirmed for becoming NX launch titles.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Don't be a **** and complain to people who aren't won over by the first trailer unless it has almost zero gameplay
This is funny because people should just get over it if they don't like it instead of whining for weeks on end about the same thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This is funny because people should just get over it if they don't like it instead of whining for weeks on end about the same thing.
The direct was 2 days ago. If people were still complaining after about a week, then they should indeed stop whining on forums. However, I've also seen genuine criticism for PMCS, such as how coins seem to be the only reward for battles like Sticker Star or the lazily rehashed plot. However, if it's just 'WAHWAH IT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED' it's whining. Something people here seem to forget is that it isn't whining if they can explain why they don't like it

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Funny, I only remember this direct being 2 or 3 days ago. Clearly my memory is fuzzy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, i have a question:
¿Do you think i should upgrade to a New 3DS?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've been contemplating the New 3DS also...Want to play Xenoblade, and the SNES titles are only available also...

Just don't like the idea of basically casting my other 3DS aside in favour of it...I actually have enough money saved up for it (probably) so we'll see, probably gonna get the Hyrule edition if I do...

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Guys, i have a question:
¿Do you think i should upgrade to a New 3DS?
Like Anna said, it's really dependent on how much you want the exclusive/improved games that are out so far. As well, if you have any past games that use the Circle Pad Pro that you want a second stick for, it works for that.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
tbh a minute is the minimum amount of gameplay to get your first impressions from it, so I say that if the trailer fails to win you over, that's your first impression. You're opinion on the game can change based on future information, but if the trailer doesn't try winning you over, why should it?
Final thoughts: Don't be a **** and complain to people who aren't won over by the first trailer unless it has almost zero gameplay
So. . .it's OK to complain about people complaining if it's about the current status of Pokémon Sun and Moon? :troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think that people need to realise that if SS didn't sell (as well I hear it did), they would have probably gone back to the RPG formula from 64 and TTYD for CS.

Unless they don't have faith in it for whatever reason.
Not really. Super Paper Mario is the best selling game and didn't suffer from backlash after people played it. From what I recall, Sticker Star was mostly bought out of curiousity if the internet is any indication

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Actually, yeah. These games were clearly worked on for a while, and all we get so see is concept art?
I guess they wanted to set aside all the Z nonsense and start up the celebration/hype train of their 20th Anniversary year without starting the point where they would be obligated to start blowing their whole load nearly ten months before release. Pokémon tends to burn through their reveals post-Starter Trailer a lot faster than Smash post-Reveal Trailer, considering the Gen 5 and 6 speculation periods.

INB4 the starters are in CoroCoro and the whole thing really was pointless.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I guess they wanted to set aside all the Z nonsense and start up the celebration/hype train of their 20th Anniversary year without starting the point where they would be obligated to start blowing their whole load nearly ten months before release. Pokémon tends to burn through their reveals post-Starter Trailer a lot faster than Smash post-Reveal Trailer, considering the Gen 5 and 6 speculation periods.

INB4 the starters are in CoroCoro and the whole thing really was pointless.
CoroCoro DID say they had big news, so most likely yeah

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
More Sticker Star talk?

That sounds like great idea.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That moment when you're on google maps and looking directly at the camera.
I'M FAMOUS.png

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Not really. Super Paper Mario is the best selling game and didn't suffer from backlash after people played it. From what I recall, Sticker Star was mostly bought out of curiousity if the internet is any indication
That only proves my point more though.

Nintendo probably looked at those sales for SPM and SS and thought that Paper Mario fans would buy anything so long as it had the 'Paper Mario' logo on it, even if they deviated from the fan favourite RPG formula and despite the backlash from SS.

It worked for two games, so I'm not surprised they are going for something different for a third time.

This is just specula tho.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First Chinese restaurant I'e gone to in a long time, and my fortune was "Don't forget to say "I Love you""

Cute Chinese restaurant...real cute...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The direct was 2 days ago. If people were still complaining after about a week, then they should indeed stop whining on forums. However, I've also seen genuine criticism for PMCS, such as how coins seem to be the only reward for battles like Sticker Star or the lazily rehashed plot. However, if it's just 'WAHWAH IT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED' it's whining. Something people here seem to forget is that it isn't whining if they can explain why they don't like it
The problem is I can clearly explain why I don;t like it.

And noticing online people having similar reasons, but less detailed, to me, it adds a bit of legitimacy to them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom