• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That only proves my point more though.

Nintendo probably looked at those sales for SPM and SS and thought that Paper Mario fans would buy anything so long as it had the 'Paper Mario' logo on it, even if they deviated from the fan favourite RPG formula and despite the backlash from SS.

It worked for two games, so I'm not surprised they are going for something different for a third time.

This is just specula tho.
however, there is a problem.

Spm sold the most because of the Wii. However, the install base was usually 4-5% except TTYD which was 7%.

And SS has a bit of a weird thing. The hate started AFTER the fact because you have to remember that SS was hyped because it felt like a Paper Mario rpg. Even when they announced the stickers, you couldn’t even conclude that they removed a lto of stuff because well, shots showed otherwise. so the hate likely didn;t affected the sales.

What is different is people are aware of SS. If CS delivers very similar mechanics to SS, I have a feeling there's a chance that this time, it could suffer from it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

The FFVIIR has Barret playable in the gameplay trailer.

Other characters are in.

Soul.

Paper Mario: ???
The Thousand-Year Door: 2.25m
Super Paper Mario: 4.23m
Sticker Star: 2.21m

I don't think it's a matter of "if it sold well."

Likely more so about the direction they went with Sticker Star.

Everyone else already said a whole lot! (laughs) After release, you will either find it to be fun or you won't. After you buy and play it, I'd like to know people's impressions about this game. If you say it's fun, then I want to make another one. I hope you enjoy it!
The developers were already aware of it not being for everyone. But I guess there was enough feedback for them to develop CS.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nice, but. . .

There's no such thing as a "Boss Battle" in the mainline games.

What is it supposed to refer to? Gym Leader? Team Admin/Commander? Team Leader? Box Legendary? Assorted Legendary?

It sounds like either a Team Leader or Box Legendary theme due to the tone, but, well-

WAIT A MINUTE, THAT WAS YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAMES FOR A MOMENT IN THE CHAMPION THEME!! . . .Yup, description confirms.
Boss Battles in Pokemon are generally the Rivals, Gym Leaders and Villainous Team admins/Leader, Elite 4, Champion, Legendaries and Battle Facility (Frontier, Maison etc.) heads.

Honestly got a mix of Transformers Devastation final boss theme and YWKON with the Champion theme.
This is most likely what boss battle referred to. With nothing confirmed they probably left it as that. And the xenoblade mix is great!

Now a side note:

what weapons can loadestars use in Fates?

Arthur can only use a bronze sword as one right now, and I don't understand why.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This is most likely what boss battle referred to. With nothing confirmed they probably left it as that. And the xenoblade mix is great!

Now a side note:

what weapons can loadestars use in Fates?

Arthur can only use a bronze sword as one right now, and I don't understand why.
Lodestars can only use Swords because they're based on Marth.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That's what it told me, but I can only use a bronze sword, not a silver, or armoslayer, etc..
Is there a reason why?
Weapon ranks.
If someone reclasses to a class where they use another weapon that'll be at the lowest weapon rank for that so you use Bronze weapons and build up from there.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Weapon ranks.
If someone reclasses to a class where they use another weapon that'll be at the lowest weapon rank for that so you use Bronze weapons and build up from there.
Damn, didn't know that! Thanks!

So I need to build up their level?

Huh. Just remembered that FF7 had enemies that were specifically designed to only be hurt by ranged attacks.

I wonder how they are going to implement that this time or if they are at all.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Damn, didn't know that! Thanks!

So I need to build up their level?
Yup.
Each weapon has it's own ranking and it's retained so say if Arthur had a B rank in Axes before reclassing. He'd still be at that rank if you make him back into an Axe Wielder.
So yeah just keep attacking with the weapons to build them ranks up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yup.
Each weapon has it's own ranking and it's retained so say if Arthur had a B rank in Axes before reclassing. He'd still be at that rank if you make him back into an Axe Wielder.
So yeah just keep attacking with the weapons to build them ranks up.
Got it! thanks for the help!

D

Deleted member

The Smash Bros. page posted this pic with the caption:
"This is delicious"
FB_IMG_1457219477963.jpg

I don't know what to think...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Paper Mario: ???
The Thousand-Year Door: 2.25m
Super Paper Mario: 4.23m
Sticker Star: 2.21m

I don't think it's a matter of "if it sold well."

Likely more so about the direction they went with Sticker Star.

The developers were already aware of it not being for everyone. But I guess there was enough feedback for them to develop CS.
pm64 is 1.37 this is my source which seems to validate yours:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700

Also, you could also take this as IS knew it wouldn't please people who wanted a first 2 games like rpg. After all, they wanted to do that in the first place.

To be honest, I do think there might be a chance the game sells less than a million. If I assume the install base will be 5%, that means the game would sell around 500k (the WiiU sold around 9.5 million according to that link). However, this assumptions might be affected by the fact that it has a lot of stickery feel to it which is known by people to not be received well.

to sell more than a million, it would have to have around 10% install base and the most the series achieved was 7% with TTYD.

So, I just don;t believe that the sales wont; be affected by that. At the end of the day, there will still be people buying it, but I feel this time, a lot will wait for reviews to conclude if it is SS feeling. Which if it is.....well you bet that people will be very cautious to buy it because they would have gotten disappointed once before.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Looks like Puni Puni is coming over very very early for mobile.
This will look like a good way to occupy my time when it releases in March.
Constantly exciting things to do as YW fan! ^^

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
UFO was there so I am happy. Such a fun copy ability.

I would much rather spear than stupid umbrella.
But UFO is Kirby amiibo exclusive. Ill have to grab one. I want all of the new Kirby amiibo but thats too much money. T-T Planet Robobot and Waddle Dee are priority.
Spear and Water are probably not in Planet Robobot.
I havent used Water, which Im assuming is RtD. Im going to miss Spear though.

Slurpuff icon.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've got an idea. How about we make custom Final Smashes for each character in Smash? You only need to do 1 per character, but more ideas are allowed. Just no using Brawl final Smashes
:4bayonetta: Umbran Climax, makes Bayonetta get Super Armour and a damage boost
:4bowser: Airship, the iconic airship flies by and shoots cannonballs at enemies
:4bowserjr: The Koopa Kar suddenly shows it has a giant laser cannon and fires!
:4falcon: Captain Falcon lunges at the enemy before giving a devastating Galactic Falcon Punch Flurry
:4charizard: Mega Charizard Y. Fires Solarbeams and Fire Blasts
:4cloud: Meteorain, Cloud jumps up high and fires powerful meteors at an angle
:4corrinf: Nohrian Trust, Corrin dashes into an enemy and pummels them which although isn't damaging, lowers the enemies' stats
:4dedede: Masked Dedede transformation
:4darkpit: Drop kick, Dark Pit lunges at a foe, slamming them into the air, mercilesly slashing away before sending them off with a drop kick
:4diddy: Espresso, Diddy rides on his old buddy who can be controlled to kick and peck enemies
:4dk: Rambi, DK rides his friend to ram into enemies
:4drmario: Virus, Viruses appear and infect anything they can, Dr Mario then cures the enemy, but the only cure is an explosive pill
:4duckhunt: Zapper, you control the zapper and can target your foes, the shots are very powerful, but you only get 3
:4falco: Arwing, rides an Arwing to ram into enemies before shooting the hell out of them
:4fox: Gatling Gun, fires a long stream of weak bullets, but they fire rapidly and can be angled
:4ganondorf: Beast Ganon, only as a transformation final smash. Attacks enemies with dual swords
:4greninja: Mega Greninja thingy, speaks for itself
:4myfriends: Radiant Flame, Ragnell gets a surge of power, and Ike then unleashes a powerful shockwave
:4jigglypuff: Moonblast, Imagine a full range Smart Bomb explosion that slowly moves to the edge of the stage
:4kirby: Robobot Armour, Kirby can attack his enemies in his new toy, special moves also get revamped as abilities
:4littlemac: Lunges at the enemy before doing a powerful flurry of punches that send the enemy flying
:4link: Skyward Strike, unleashes a powerful sword beam
:4lucario: Lucario's aura explodes around him, trapping foes, Lucario then uses Beat Up to mercilessly pummel the poor sods
:4lucas: PK Love, Lucas shoots a powerful energyball that stays still for a second, and then explodes
:4lucina: Pair Up, Lucina summons her beloved father and Chrom then fights against the enemies alongside Lucina
:4luigi: Luigi summons countless other versions of himself and flings them like a bowling ball across the stage
:4mario: Grabs a Mega Mushroom and then Ground Pounds
:4marth: Medeus, Medeus appears far away from Marth, unleashing firey breath before putting the flaming enemies in his mouth, Marth then proceeds to slice Medeus in half
:4megaman:: Hyper Mega Man from MvC
:4metaknight: Mega Mach Tornado, Meta Knight unleashes a tornado that goes across half the screen, sucking enemies in
:4mewtwo: Mega Mewtwo X, gains a powerful boost of energy
:4gaw: Unleashes an army of G&Ws that knock foes offstage
:4ness: Ness' buddies appear and attack alongide Ness
:4olimar: Emperor Bulbax appears and eats enemies before spitting them out in disgust
:4pacman: The Ghosts appear and posses anyone they come in contact with, Paccy then chomps the possessed enemies
:4palutena: Centurion assault, 2 Centurions are summoned before beating up anything they can see
:4peach: Peach is set on fire by her anger, giving her entire body a damaging aura while Peach gets a power boost
:4pikachu: Pikachu traps the enemy before dealing his Volt Shock Fist
:4pit: Great Sacred Treasure, Pit grabs the remains of his mech and fires a huge laser beam
:4rob: ROB summons an army of ROBs which set off Subspace bombs, dealing major damage
:4robinf: Rally Spectrum, Robin suddenly gains a huge boost in all stats
:rosalina: Rosalina summons a black hole that deals major damage and acts as a danger zone
:4feroy: Flare Blade, only as a powerful projectile
:4ryu:Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, less range than Shinku Hadouken, but ends it off with a weaker Shin Shoryuken
:4samus: Hyper Mode, Samus unleashes a large amount of lasers
:4sheik: Sheik's Song, unleashes energy waves from her harp
:4shulk: Monado II, Shulk gains all boosts all at once and super armour
:4tlink: Wind Waker, Tink plays with the instument, before a tornado sweeps every enemy away
:4villagerf: Bee Storm, a controllable swarm of bees appear, stinging anything mercilessly they come in contact with
:4wario: Farts to send the foe flying, then beats them up with Wario Land moves
:4wiifit: proceeds to bumrush the enemy, finishing it off with a Tree pose
:4yoshi: Throws 8 eggs which explode on contact
:4zelda: Zelda buffs herself with powerful support magic, making her Brawl MK tier for a limited amount of time
:4zss: Space Pirates appear to attack Samus, though only target her enemies as she hid herself
I'd like some feedback on these ideas too

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I've got an idea. How about we make custom Final Smashes for each character in Smash? You only need to do 1 per character, but more ideas are allowed. Just no using Brawl final Smashes
:4bowser: Airship, the iconic airship flies by and shoots cannonballs at enemies
:4falcon: Captain Falcon lunges at the enemy before giving a devastating Galactic Falcon Punch Flurry
:4corrinf: Nohrian Trust, Corrin dashes into an enemy and pummels them which although isn't damaging, lowers the enemies' stats
:4darkpit: Drop kick, Dark Pit lunges at a foe, slamming them into the air, mercilesly slashing away before sending them off with a drop kick
:4diddy: Espresso, Diddy rides on his old buddy who can be controlled to kick and peck enemies
:4drmario: Virus, Viruses appear and infect anything they can, Dr Mario then cures the enemy, but the only cure is an explosive pill
:4duckhunt: Zapper, you control the zapper and can target your foes, the shots are very powerful, but you only get 3
:4falco: Arwing, rides an Arwing to ram into enemies before shooting the hell out of them
:4fox: Gatling Gun, fires a long stream of weak bullets, but they fire rapidly and can be angled
:4ganondorf: Beast Ganon, only as a transformation final smash. Attacks enemies with dual swords
:4myfriends: Radiant Flame, Ragnell gets a surge of power, and Ike then unleashes a powerful shockwave
:4jigglypuff: Moonblast, Imagine a full range Smart Bomb explosion that slowly moves to the edge of the stage
:4kirby: Robobot Armour, Kirby can attack his enemies in his new toy, special moves also get revamped as abilities
:4littlemac: Lunges at the enemy before doing a powerful flurry of punches that send the enemy flying
:4lucario: Lucario's aura explodes around him, trapping foes, Lucario then uses Beat Up to mercilessly pummel the poor sods
:4lucas: PK Love, Lucas shoots a powerful energyball that stays still for a second, and then explodes
:4lucina: Pair Up, Lucina summons her beloved father and Chrom then fights against the enemies alongside Lucina
:4luigi: Luigi summons countless other versions of himself and flings them like a bowling ball across the stage
:4marth: Medeus, Medeus appears far away from Marth, unleashing firey breath before putting the flaming enemies in his mouth, Marth then proceeds to slice Medeus in half
:4metaknight: Mega Mach Tornado, Meta Knight unleashes a tornado that goes across half the screen, sucking enemies in
:4olimar: Emperor Bulbax appears and eats enemies before spitting them out in disgust
:4pacman: The Ghosts appear and posses anyone they come in contact with, Paccy then chomps the possessed enemies
:4palutena: Centurion assault, 2 Centurions are summoned before beating up anything they can see
:4peach: Peach is set on fire by her anger, giving her entire body a damaging aura while Peach gets a power boost
:4pit: Great Sacred Treasure, Pit grabs the remains of his mech and fires a huge laser beam
:4rob: ROB summons an army of ROBs which set off Subspace bombs, dealing major damage
:rosalina: Rosalina summons a black hole that deals major damage and acts as a danger zone
:4ryu:Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, less range than Shinku Hadouken, but ends it off with a weaker Shin Shoryuken
:4tlink: Wind Waker, Tink plays with the instument, before a tornado sweeps every enemy away
:4villagerf: Bee Storm, a controllable swarm of bees appear, stinging anything mercilessly they come in contact with
:4zelda: Zelda buffs herself with powerful support magic, making her Brawl MK tier for a limited amount of time
:4zss: Space Pirates appear to attack Samus, though only target her enemies as she hid herself
:4lucina: - Awakening. Lucina holds her Falchion high as she is blessed by Naga. Higher damage and knockback with slight healing.

:4sonic: - Werehog. Sonic transforms and becomes stronger with greater reach to make up for the speed loss.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
:4falcon::

Literally just this:

No, not recreated, it just plays that video as a cutscene. :troll:

Done in smashboards' emote order
:4bayonetta:?
:4bowser:-Dry Bowser
:4bowserjr:-Jr.s airship armada. TLDR flying ships and cannoballs
:4falcon:-YOU'VE GOT BOOST POWER- speed and damage up tremendously.
:4charizard:-The real Blast Burn (bull**** is Flare blitz custom that)
:4cloud:-using anything that isn't omnislash is a crime.
meteorain-jumps into the air and summons meteors to assault the stage.
:4corrin:?
:4dedede:-masked dedededededede
:4darkpit:-the bows special move (the blue orbs in flying parts of a stage. He does this in his first boss fight)
:4diddy:-Rambi
:4dk:-Punche the ever loving **** out of pepole at close range like in Jungle Beat. Mash for more damage!
:4drmario:-Diagnoses his opponent with the blorbs.
:4duckhunt:-*retro reference i'm too young to know goes here*
:4falco:-arwing. . . duh
:4fox:-As much as I want this to be Slippy's final smash. Demon Launcher (from assualt)
:4ganondorf:-I forget the transformation but there was an awesome one from Windwaker.
:4greninja:-Hydro cannon
:4myfriends:?
:4jigglypuff:-Sings everyone to sleep. THen draws on everyone's faces making them take increased damage and deal less for a set amount of time or until a stock is lost.
:4kirby:-CRASH
:4littlemac:- 3-star punch
:4link:-?
:4lucario:-Close Combat+Bone Rush
:4lucas:-PK LOVE. NO EXCEPTIONS
:4lucina:?
:4luigi:-Anything but the poltergust is blasphemy.
ghost party. Boos and other ghosts from luigi's mansion show up doing all kinds of carzy things. (leaving banana peels). Luigi spends the whole time invulnerable because he is cowering in fear.
:4mario:-Mega Mushroom
:4marth:?
:4megaman:-Rush armor maybe?
:4metaknight:-the real mach tornado from meta knightmare
:4mewtwo:-mega Mewtwo x
:4mii:-lol
:4gaw:?
:4ness:-PK ROCKIN. NO EXCEPTIONS
:4olimar:-Spray. Uses the blue spray to turn any enemy in front to stone. Then uses ultra spicy spray regardless of if anyone was hit. All pikmin do incresed damage. Stone enemies cannot move but have higher defense (like in the game)
:4pacman:-Super pa man (idk lol)
:4palutena:-Glamblaster
:4peach:-bakes a cake.
in reality something form Super Princess Peach
:4pikachu:-evolves into raichu. This effect is permanent and removes pikachu from the CSS and replaces them with Raichu
:4pit:-Great Sacred Treasure
:4rob:-lol
:4robinm:?
:rosalina:?
:4feroy:?
:4ryu:-raging demon
:4samus:-actually becomes good Power Bomb
:4sheik:?
:4shulk:Monado cyclone/the real monado buster
:4sonic:?
:4tlink:-skull hammer/runs people over with a train
:4villagerf:-lol
:4wario2:-Shoulder bash that knocks any fighter over. He can then pick up enemies by walking near them
:4wiifit:-lol
:4yoshi:?
:4zelda:?
:4zss:-The baby metroid shows up and helps out like in Metroid 2 and leaves happily and nothing bad happens.
:substitute:-already perfect
the end

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you could create a Copy Ability, what would you create?

I'd do either Dragon or Mace Kirby.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I LOVE THIS GAME
Gravity Kirby, can solve puzzles and does nifty stuff, can flip the trajectory of enemies, reflect projectiles or unleash a powerful blast of energy that crushes foes with increased gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom