• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You're making all these assumptions about the game after a less than 2 minute trailer, they could have left things about the mech out for us to learn about later and there could be all kinds of things that they didn't mention because it was too much for the amount of time they gave the trailer.

Also, I wasn't into speculation discussions during the Wii's lifespan, so I don't know for sure, but I bet people said the same kinds of things about Galaxy 2 when it was announced. "Oh, it adds Yoshi? Big deal, it's still probably just a glorified expansion pack, Yoshi probably won't even change the gameplay that much." And to be fair, Yoshi really didn't change the game all that much and he wasn't even used very often, so I would say the games are absolutely comparable.
I didn't make an assumption, I gave my first impression. I can only base my first impression off of what was shown. I'm fully aware there might be more, and if there is, my impression could change, but this is all I can garner from it right now. I'm allowed to do that.

And Yoshi was used very frequently in Galaxy 2. He was essentially another playable character with all of his abilities. And he's far from the only new thing about that game. Galaxy 2 continued the design philosophy of Galaxy 1 by always throwing new ideas at you, which ironically makes it a very different game as the levels have a ton of new ideas.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I was hoping it would open sooner. I have no idea if I'll be in Japan then ;_;

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Already get 1 star on my latest level.
9ad.jpg

Parfait.:cool:
Really, i wasn't expecting that soon.:drifloon:
But i'm not going to complain on it.:dr^_^:

D

Deleted member

Thing is....

Kirby hasn't done that since 64.

They found their perfect niche.
And apparently, I'm forced to like that and play the game?
"Literally TD with mechas tacked on it."

Jeez, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were a time traveller. We've only seen a short announcement trailer with minimal detail given, but you're obviously from the future so you know everything there is to know about the game.

Stop making assumptions. I'm sure you know the old phrase about the word "assume".
They haven't shown anything that implies otherwise
First impressions are important and they failed at it

All I did was state my opinion, but now you guys are arguing why it's wrong

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hey PushDustIn PushDustIn

What does Japan think of Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Paper Mario: Color Splash?
Haven't read that much (so don't consider this "All of Japan"), but on the couple sites I've visited on Paper Mario, a lot of people were wondering if the game's mechanic was just ripped from Splatoon [since it's popular], and complaining about the lack of partners/ traditional Paper Mario mechanics.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It's not fair to make assumptions about a game you haven't fully explored yet. Who knows, maybe it'll feel like you're playing TTYD all over again. It's all a mystery, just like Swampasaur had said. I just hope a favorite character of mine, Rosalina, will debut in the game.

Universal's Nintendo Land confirmed for 2020 in Japan! Wahooooo!

Now if only we can get a U.S. park and I'll be happier from these news.
I could imagine myself riding on a Launch Star roller coaster, U.S park is a must! Especially in the eastern place, near Pennslyvania, so it wouldn't be a long travel for me!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, this is what I love about fanbases:
"We want change! It's all the same boring thing!"
"No! We don't want change! It's not the same!"

And good luck catering to both.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Jirard the Completionist's interview with Miyamoto on Star Fox Zero actually had a segment where Miyamoto elaborated on the story a bit.

He mentioned that while the themes of the story and overall set up is the same as SF64, there will be some big new plot points, like the portals. But he also said he is exploring a big new theme in the game - the question of whether or not Andross is truly evil, and whether or not General Pepper is truly good. He also said they will explore James McCloud's relationship with General Pepper more.

That actually sounds like really interesting stuff and makes me less bothered with the story overall being the same as SF64. I hope it's well developed.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
So Jirard the Completionist's interview with Miyamoto on Star Fox Zero actually had a segment where Miyamoto elaborated on the story a bit.

He mentioned that while the themes of the story and overall set up is the same as SF64, there will be some big new plot points, like the portals. But he also said he is exploring a big new theme in the game - the question of whether or not Andross is truly evil, and whether or not General Pepper is truly good. He also said they will explore James McCloud's relationship with General Pepper more.

That actually sounds like really interesting stuff and makes me less bothered with the story overall being the same as SF64. I hope it's well developed.
So Slippy is a sith lord?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Basically, an expansion on the lore of SF64. More developed characters, more world building and so on.

Sounds good in my book. A grey and gray morality always makes for a better war-like storyline.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He also did this. Just listen to it. And marvel at his musical genius.

I am in heaven.

Touhou + Gangnam Style, for those curious

:231:

Last edited:
I still don't understand why Namco didn't put this song in Pac-man stage, it's one of the best Pac-man songs out there.
But we got some lame 8-bit songs instead...
Probably because Pac Man's representation is primarily from the arcade era.

Pac Maze, Pac Land, most of the Pac Man taunt, Pooka etc

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
"Nintendo's better off making less fun stuff"
kthxbai you aren't listening so neither will I
Nintendo's better off making more good stuff and less bad stuff so people won't complain when the bad stuff is bad/"incomplete". We don't need a bunch of extra features that will either play like garbage or take so much time to balance and develop.

See Mighty No. 9 and it's countless delays over multiplayer features nobody cares about anymore.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So I just got caught up with the thread and missed all the E3 talk (congratulations to PushDustIn PushDustIn , @Spazzy_D and the rest of the Source Gaming staff for securing a spot at E3). The anticipation for E3 is probably killing a lot of people (myself included) as there are a lot of unanswered questions that Nintendo has which will most likely be revealed there. The big question I have though (and I'm asking you guys):

Is Nintendo going to have a really good E3 this year?

Now, it does seem like E3 2015 was a stopgap E3 for them so they could just hold off for this year's E3 to reveal their huge under the hood information (which is fine.) So it might seem weird to think they won't have a good E3 this year, but you really never know.

So I'm curious on your guys mindset for Nintendo's E3 this year. Do you guys think it'll be E3 2015 all over again, or will it be successful?

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I just got caught up with the thread and missed all the E3 talk (congratulations to PushDustIn PushDustIn , @Spazzy_D and the rest of the Source Gaming staff for securing a spot at E3). The anticipation for E3 is probably killing a lot of people (myself included) as there are a lot of unanswered questions that Nintendo has which will most likely be revealed there. The big question I have though (and I'm asking you guys):

Now, it does seem like E3 2015 was a stopgap E3 for them so they could just hold off for this year's E3 to reveal their huge under the hood information (which is fine.) So it might seem weird to think they won't have a good E3 this year, but you really never know.

So I'm curious on your guys mindset for Nintendo's E3 this year. Do you guys think it'll be E3 2015 all over again, or will it be successful?
With Zelda and NX I have no doubts it will be a great E3.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I can't say either way.

All we know is that they will focus on Zelda Wii U/NX, the NX itself, and maybe mobile stuff.

That's far too vague to really have concrete impression going in. It all depends on if the NX looks appealing as a system, and if the games it will have look any good.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo's better off making more good stuff and less bad stuff so people won't complain when the bad stuff is bad/"incomplete". We don't need a bunch of extra features that will either play like garbage or take so much time to balance and develop.

See Mighty No. 9 and it's countless delays over multiplayer features nobody cares about anymore.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure Mighty No. 9's issues run far deeper than that.

It's a game that blatantly tries to ride off the paranoia of a series potentially being dead that was never actually declared dead by making what is essentially in concept the exact same series with the serial numbers filed off, made by the guy who left Capcom declaring he would make better games than they would ever let him make

and made this.

I'm sorry if that's a little harsh to Inafune, but you don't just go off on your own saying your going to make better projects now that you're on your own and then proceed to make a game with a very bland plot concept who's primary marketing point is tackily slapping your name and past projects all over every attempt to describe it.

Also I just noticed Bugs Vs. Tanks was a Level 5 project. Mighty No. 9 was a Kickstarter. This means he at least had industry established backup on the former, while on the latter, he was largely left to himself. . .

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I still don't understand why Namco didn't put this song in Pac-man stage, it's one of the best Pac-man songs out there.
But we got some lame 8-bit songs instead...
Pac-Man is from the 8-bit arcade 80s era and it's lame to have 8-bit songs representing the era?? ( ¬ . ¬)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently I'm being infracted for using the word "babe".

Seriously, **** this site sometimes.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Pac-Man is from the 8-bit arcade 80s era and it's lame to have 8-bit songs representing the era?? ( ¬ . ¬)
I am not trying to say it's a bad Idea but I am just trying to say that there are other songs that people will enjoy way more than the one that we got.
I would accept few 8-bit song but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have any songs from the newer games.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I am not trying to say it's a bad Idea but I am just trying to say that there are other songs that people will enjoy way more than the one that we got.
I would accept few 8-bit song but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have any songs from the newer games.
Fair enough, I do agree with that. Would be nice to have Pac-Man World stuff.

On the bright side they did at least gave us spinoff music from games like Pac-Mania. Would love more, but I guess they want to focus solely on the classic Namco era where people are more familiar with.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So in mario maker, there is currently a glitch in which you can make fire flower's solid.
You need clouds, the clown car, and a fire flower.

Put the FF above the clown car by one space and put that one space above two row of cloud' that are 4 total.

When the FF falls onto the clouds you can use conveyor belts to move the FF onto a block and then it will be able to hit that block.

Cool glitch that could make for some fun puzzle levels but it will probably be patched out sadly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
does the mod team just pretend this site is infested with 11 year olds who haven't hit puberty yet
What's funny was that originally, the mod infracted me for even posting official images of Rosalina from the new Mario & Sonic games at all, as well as other users.

Because practical sports leotards are too lewd.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Apparently I'm being infracted for using the word "babe".

Seriously, **** this site sometimes.
From what I understand from looking into something last night, that entire thread got locked because you used the word
upload_2016-3-5_12-41-25.png

I can't properly register what even happened there in my brain.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What's funny was that originally, the mod infracted me for even posting official images of Rosalina from the new Mario & Sonic games at all, as well as other users.

Because practical sports leotards are too lewd.

You can always go here:
http://smashboards.com/forums/forum-support.108/

and make a report, rather then start a conservation against them( not saying you don't have a right to be upset, but it's also not right to complain here), you can report them and try and get your issue resolved.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can always go here:
http://smashboards.com/forums/forum-support.108/

and make a report, rather then start a conservation against them( not saying you don't have a right to be upset, but it's also not right to complain here), you can report them and try and get your issue resolved.
>ever suggesting forum support

But it's run by the people that are causing these problems in the first place.

And for the record, I did make PMs about it and did post in the actual thread. This also isn't the first time something like this has happened.

The moderation on this site is just not good and is very inconsistent so trying to post on forum support about something like this isn't going to help. I know because I tried once, and after killing the arguments the admin provided me with, they ultimately just told me "we can't change things because of the company that owns the site".

I wasn't bringing it up here to make an argument though, I was bringing it up for bants. It's such a hilariously stupid situation, one of those things you can bring up and get a laugh out of.

>tfw I can't talk about Babe the Pig

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
At least the whole situation gave me an amazing sig-quote.

But to change the subject, who do you hope to be the new Mystery Costumes gained by clearing Super Expert?
I'm rooting for Nabbit, I can't spice up my Nabbit level with coins and keys without Rosalina's husband himself.

Other nice costumes include Balloon Fighter and Azura.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
>ever suggesting forum support

But it's run by the people that are causing these problems in the first place.

And for the record, I did make PMs about it and did post in the actual thread. This also isn't the first time something like this has happened.

The moderation on this site is just not good and is very inconsistent so trying to post on forum support about something like this isn't going to help. I know because I tried once, and after killing the arguments the admin provided me with, they ultimately just told me "we can't change things because of the company that owns the site".

I wasn't bringing it up here to make an argument though, I was bringing it up for bants. It's such a hilariously stupid situation, one of those things you can bring up and get a laugh out of.

>tfw I can't talk about Babe the Pig

It's run by the admins. So unless you have the problem with one, I suggest that you try anyway. Things could be different this time. And it may be dumb, but that should give you the incentive to try and get it resolved. I don't know of your past problem, but this seems a lot more different.

Either way, it;s my suggestion to try and bring it up, but it's your decision to try and change it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just remembered that it being Mother's Day tomorrow is a good excuse for some Rosalina fan art.

But I have to go to my cousin's 21st soon.

Ugh, and I'm busy tomorrow too.

I might make something quickly by editing my original picture of her and adding Lumas and stuff.

D

Deleted member

Back in E3 2014, we got Robot Chicken skits.
Last year, we got puppets from Jim Henson Studios.

That makes me wonder if we are going to get something similar this year's Digital Event.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Back in E3 2014, we got Robot Chicken skits.
Last year, we got puppets from Jim Henson Studios.

That makes me wonder if we are going to get something similar this year's Digital Event.
South Park style Nintendo skits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom