• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can't speak for Luvdisc, but Chatot and Dunsparce at least have niches as an annoyer (ParaFlinch Hax for Dunsparce) and a niche special attacker with BoomBurst (in Chatot's case, as one of only two Pokemon lines that get Boomburst stab).
Tailow, exploud and chatot all get stab by it

Edit: Flygon get's boomburst. THAT's surprising

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tailow, exploud and chatot all get stab by it
Taillow gets it?

Huh. Didn't know that, actually. Might be because I'm just so used to Swellow being a physical attacker with Guts abuse. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Taillow gets it?

Huh. Didn't know that, actually. Might be because I'm just so used to Swellow being a physical attacker with Guts abuse. :p
I only knew that because I have a special based shiny tailow

It has to be breed though

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, so a Social Thread was closed... What is this thread about, by the way? Is it possible I talk about anything Nintendo related?

• "Do you hear the baby stars? These newborns will grow up to become galaxies someday. When stars die, they turn to stardust and scatter across the cosmos. Eventually, that stardust reforms to create a new star... And so the cycle of life continues. But the cycle never repeats itself in quite the same way.... So...you'll see."
  • "Yes... All new life... Carries the essence of stars... Even all of you..."
  • "I will watch over you from beyond the stars."
  • "This planet... It's very dear to me. I looked forward to visiting this planet with the Lumas every one hundred years... The Luma that's been traveling with you may also grow up to become a star someday. Some Lumas become planets...some become comets...and a few become Power Stars. I'm traveling with them while they look for a place to be reborn. But I never thought all this would happen..."
  • "Mario...so you were the one who collected all of the scattered stars...I want to thank you...your deeds will live on in the memory of the cosmos..."
Oops, I dropped some quotes...
What happened for it to close?

I mean, I could go by the repeated comments about the Social that were mentioned here over the past few weeks, but it didn't paint your Social in the best or most well maintained light to say the least, so it would probably be best to request a report on the status quo from you so as to form a more objective opinion from multiple sources as to why, specifically, it was shut down.

*EDIT* Went ahead and looked myself. So it seems the official reason for the shutdown was some unsavory comments about Rosalina's poses in an official trailer, just skimming the last few moderator posts.

I guess I'll look at the previous pages and see how true or false that is.

*EDIT EDIT* Well that definitely seems a bit harsh for what was done. The possibility of preexisting issues compounding the scenario isn't out of the question, though. Certainly the idea of the thread being shut down just over this seems incredibly odd.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hasn't there ALWAYS been super heavy backlash against baby Pokémon?
-GameFAQs /QUOTE]
That's the problem! They complain about a lot of things.

Baby pokemon sort of get over looked. More people want evolutions.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey @PushDustIn

What does Japan think of Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Paper Mario: Color Splash?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's the problem! They complain about a lot of things.

Baby pokemon sort of get over looked. More people want evolutions.
Evolutions can improve a pokemon, make them more powerful/ make them actually useful

Baby pokemon don't. They are literally just fluff

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Evolutions can improve a pokemon, make them more powerful/ make them actually useful

Baby pokemon don't. They are literally just fluff
pretty much. as I said they are used to make some sense. But everywhere cares more for evos because they are better.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
In that case... ALL HAIL FROZEN! Some people didn't like that in the Rosalina thread. So, why not unveil it here? I'm very glad that it's getting a sequel!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In that case... ALL HAIL FROZEN! Some people didn't like that in the Rosalina thread. So, why not unveil it here? I'm very glad that it's getting a sequel!
I really like Frozen. I definitely think it gets unfairly overhated online, mainly due to just how prevalent it is. But it's really no worse than the Pokemon phenomenon of the 90s when it comes to being everywhere. :p
That and I still need to buy Elsa in Disney Infinity. I still kinda regret buying Anna before her due to just how lackluster she is in the game, and how powerful Elsa is.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried to like Frozen, but I just couldn't

The only thing I liked from it was the "Let it go" segment

I'm not sure if my opinion would be different if everyone else didn't think it was the best thing ever, when at most I thought it was "ok"

I liked Tangled a lot better, and Wreck it Ralph even more.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Yeah, just letting that creativity you can with ice/snow ability out! I like people with magical ability, basically, including Rosalina.

I also hear about Paper Mario Color Splash, many people weren't very happy with it. There are so many hints at showing how much of a sequel it is to Sticker Stars. I hope it would have a really good story, like Super Paper Mario!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I tried to like Frozen, but I just couldn't

The only thing I liked from it was the "Let it go" segment

I'm not sure if my opinion would be different if everyone else didn't think it was the best thing ever, when at most I thought it was "ok"

I liked Tangled a lot better, and Wreck it Ralph even more.
That sounds a lot like what happened with my mom actually.

She kept hearing it was the best thing ever and set her expectations too high, which made the film feel lackluster to her. She was a big fan of Wreck-It Ralph though.

I like all of those films (in addition to Big Hero 6) personally, with Wreck-It Ralph probably being my favorite of the four.

I really need to see Zootopia, too, since we're on a Disney topic.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, just letting that creativity you can with ice/snow ability out! I like people with magical ability, basically, including Rosalina.

I also hear about Paper Mario Color Splash, many people weren't very happy with it. There are so many hints at showing how much of a sequel it is to Sticker Stars. I hope it would have a really good story, like Super Paper Mario!
although I will agree nothing can be speculated on the story at the moment.

the fact it;s so much SS ey would mean they have all the reasons to have a story like SS lol.

and spm being the best plot of the series imo, I don't expect it AT ALL in this game lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That sounds a lot like what happened with my mom actually.

She kept hearing it was the best thing ever and set her expectations too high, which made the film feel lackluster to her. She was a big fan of Wreck-It Ralph though.

I like all of those films (in addition to Big Hero 6) personally, with Wreck-It Ralph probably being my favorite of the four.

I really need to see Zootopia, too, since we're on a Disney topic.
I'm planning on seeing it on my day off, actually.

The reviews from people I watch online are pretty good.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm planning on seeing it on my day off, actually.

The reviews from people I watch online are pretty good.
Yeah, I've been hearing really good things in general, so I'll probably see it sometime this week.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm looking forward to Zootopia. I've heard it has done really well so far.

As for Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen and Big Hero 6, I love em all. It's hard for me to pick out a favorite.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
the fact it;s so much SS ey would mean they have all the reasons to have a story like SS lol.
Thing is...

We already have a mystery.

That's miles above what Sticker Star did.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's a miracle! I don't have to work until 3:30 tomorrow!

I mean, it's bad for my wallet. But it's pretty good for my health

IDK, is my health worth $11.50 an hour?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ah, finally got all my midterm work out of the way and can enjoy Spring Break.

Once again, late to the party, but now that I finally have the time, I thought I'd share some of my highlights from yesterday's Direct (I was able to watch it live, funny enough).

Star Fox Zero is looking better than ever. Glad to see the game has been doing well with development to the point that it will come out next month. I hardly remember seeing gameplay for Star Fox Guard at the last E3 though, but it looks decent. Oh yeah, Wolf confirmed!... but only for SF: Zero. He looks pretty cool though.

Paper Mario: Color Splash looks like it'll be Sticker Star 2.0; at least, that was my first impression from the trailer, but I'm opening up to it. The graphics look great, and after reading that one comment about potential new elements in the battle system, I'm curious to see how it'll exactly turn out (not to mention Color Splash has some big mystery going on). I also wonder if Bowser will still be the main antagonist or we'll be seeing a completely new villain this time around (or maybe Bowser will be that villain's sidekick similar to Antasma).

Oh hey! Mandatory boss battles are finally a thing in Super Mario Maker! I've been waiting for that for so long.

Online updates for Splatoon still happening? Sweet.

Great to see more of Metroid Prime Federation Force. I really liked that whole "story" bit to the trailer too. Still can't wait to see Sylux in this game.

And the biggest highlight: New Kirby game! I felt my Kirby love coming back, and to see this game return to the good ol' Kirby style makes me happy. I always enjoy playing those kind of Kirby games. Also, robot invasion this time, where the invaders are trying to mechanize all of Dream Land? That sounds pretty interesting for a Kirby game. The new abilities look pretty cool. Poison Kirby looks awesome, while we finally have Dr. Kirby. I can't wait to see how ESP Kirby looks like.

A new line of amiibos for the Kirby series? Aw yeah! That Meta Knight amiibo looks fantastic, and I'm a little shocked that the Waddle Dee amiibo isn't Bandana Dee, but oh well, I'm sure it'll happen eventually. Pretty nice that Planet Robostar will support a wide variety of Amiibo too (here's hoping they bring back Water Kirby for my Greninja Amiibo to work with). Nice to see that Smash Kirby is returning as well.

Also, when I saw the boxart for Kirby: Planet Robostar, I noticed that one Robot girl in the right hand corner. You know, this gal (she's named Susie BTW).

When I first saw her, some part of me made me think "Why do I have the feeling she'll be a villain?" I don't know, but it seems like a recent trend of Kirby games to have that new shorty character be an antagonist in some form, whether it'd be a backstabbing traitor revealed to be the main villain or an initial antagonist that turns out to be the subordinate of the main villain.

Cut to today when I decide to look at some gameplay pictures of the game and then I stumble upon this...

Well whoop-te-do, seems like she really is going to be a villain in the story going off of that line. Now, will they do anything new to her for a villain? Perhaps this time, she will start out as a villain but then she'll become an ally late into the game? I feel like it could happen going off her appearance. A part of her screams "villain" but another part screams "eventual ally". I don't know, but that's just how I currently feel about her.

Here's hoping the game will have as amazing or even better of a final boss music as Triple Deluxe did. Seriously, Sullied Grace is my favorite final boss track for a Kirby game, and I only wonder how Planet Robostar could top it off.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Thing is...

We already have a mystery.

That's miles above what Sticker Star did.
Not really. SS did had a mystery being the book you read in the Enigmatum about a thing to reveal the truth and all it is really is just a flipped Bowser castle cover......

to be SS ey, you would pretty much have not much personalities that would shine in the text. Unfortunately, given the likely return of the unoriginal paper toads, that can easily happen.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not really. SS did had a mystery being the book you read in the Enigmatum about a thing to reveal the truth and all it is really is just a flipped Bowser castle cover......
I mean a mystery in the main plot.

And the first minute in.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I mainly miss the charm and unique and interesting characters that the first three Paper Mario's had, and I'm doubting Color Splash will deliver in those departments.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What if Color Splash ends up amazing?

Your reaction?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Universal's Nintendo Land confirmed for 2020 in Japan! Wahooooo!

Now if only we can get a U.S. park and I'll be happier from these news.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My :4shulk:amiibo came in. It's really detailed.

Also bought Pokemon Yellow.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Your reaction?
Negativity?

No.. wait... I know this one...

Positivity! That's it.

One has to wonder why Nintendo is basically burying it amidst the Direct and deliberately not showcasing it if they thought it was going to be a title of particular quality.

Well back to Japan for 2020 I guess~

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Your reaction?
it has to unrealistically blow my mind considering how sure I am.

So......I will probably strop speculating at all, seriously, they would have it on purpose make us believe it was SS lol.

Like just take fact and not even deducing anymore, seriously, that one I am that confident lol.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, the first thing I do upon waking up is playing Smash 3DS's Classic mode as Shulk on 9.0 and manage to clear it in one try.

I guess you could say I was feeling it. :4shulk:

One reason to go to Japan in 4 years, I guess. :chuckle:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, the first thing I do upon waking up is playing Smash 3DS's Classic mode as Shulk on 9.0 and manage to clear it in one try.

I guess you could say I was feeling it. :4shulk:

One reason to go to Japan in 4 years, I guess. :chuckle:
Just in time for the Tokyo Olympics.

Also, just in time for my wife and I to be back in the US lol.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also, since we were talking about Frozen, I enjoyed it personally. Not my favourite by any means, but better than average. I guess being cut-off from the mainstream hype helped as I didn't go in expecting anything.

Though I was pretty confused as how it became such a huge success. I could list quite a few faults in the film.

:231:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom