• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Geno was considered? Would've been interested to see him but nothing for me to be super excited about.

Anywho, I saw Deadpool today. Really good.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think Gex may have more games on Nintendo consoles and higher sales than Geno lol
He does.

Top 5 best Selling Square Enix franchises:

1.) Final Fantasy
2.) Dragon's Quest
3.) Tomb Raider
4.) Kingdom Hearts
5.) Gex

Also, Gex did it in 3 games (15 millions total sales), as opposed to a series like Kingdom Hearts which has 11 games (22 million total sales).

Last edited:
Oh and about the "consolation prize" thing

Just because 1 considered character got a mii costume doesn't mean all mii costumes were consolation prizes.

Personally I believe they may be and im pretty much certain Chrom and K rool were. But I wouldn't say it is confirmed yet. Especially after the fact that Geno is very clearly a special case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think people are overreacting though
While this does confirm costumes are consolation prizes, it means nothing else
As already stated, Janes Bond was considered, a bunch of NES characters were, Chrom was considered, etc etc
It's not like he was planned like The Forbbiden 7 or something
Can't wait to play as Flying Man and non-mod Dunban.
And I for Business Man/Woman :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Just because 1 considered character got a mii costume doesn't mean all mii costumes were consolation prizes.

Personally I believe they may be and im pretty much certain Chrom and K rool were. But I wouldn't say it is confirmed yet. Especially after the fact that Geno is very clearly a special case.
I think some of them are joking for the most part....

Although weren't Assist Trophies used as consolation prizes too initially?

I suppose I wouldn't be too surprised if one Mii Fighter costume was upgraded to full playable character in the next game. But then again, they may need a Little Mac type situation of their own....

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well let's Speculah for a bit
Deze be the "Consolation" Fighters;
  • Barbara the Bat
  • Daisy
  • Shy Guy
  • Waluigi
  • Protoman
  • Dunban
  • Isabelle
  • Inkling
  • Zero
  • Heihachi
  • K. K. Slider
  • King K. Rool
  • Chrom
  • Black Knight
  • Lloyd
  • Toad
  • Viridi
  • Flying Man
  • Melee Fox
  • Monster Hunter Person?
  • Geno
  • Ashley
  • Takamaru
  • Gil
  • Tails
  • Knuckles
So that's 25 Fighters. Not counting Melee Fox. TORIYA
If everyone here was added to Smash Bros., that'd be 73 Fighters.
Add Ridley and Nabbit (Because why not, they're the only characters that function like actual Fighters (Ridley has a Stock Icon, Nabbit has the Damage % = Knockback mechanic, both of them have actual KO effects) and we'd have 75.

Well, we have a good idea on who could be considered in Smash 5, if there ever is one.

When's my Smash 4 Nabbit over Villager mod with actual Vertex's

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well, it's time guys.
The last of Smash 4's content is finished, my premium is out, and it's still close to the beginning of the new year.
It is time for me to take a long hiatus from Smashboards, possibly forever.

In the time since I joined in December 2013 I have made over 23,000 posts.

Shoutouts to @GoldenYuiitusin and BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 for being here since I joined and sticking around since the original Roster Prediction Discussion Thread. Shoutout to everyone in said thread.
Extra shoutout to Golden for doing all this while asleep.
Shoutout to @Scoliosis Jones for managing said thread as it was basically my home for 2 months and being pretty on-point.

Shoutouts to A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , @WhiteEaglePL and @Only Human for taking care of Midna support after I leave.

Shoutouts to everyone in this thread who migrated from the Leaks Discussion group. You all are cool in some way even your opinions are sometimes wrong :p

Now for mods.
Shoutout to Opossum Opossum , @Firus,@PushDustIn, FalKoopa FalKoopa and [I'M SURE I'M FORGETTING SOMEONE] for keeping the peace :shades:

Shoutout to @IsmaR for being scary and @N3ON for being formerly scary and for pointing out all the inconvenient truths. :p

Shoutout to @Hong, @Moydow, @Weeman, and @Jae for making me stick around the Robin social far longer than I wanted to, and the latter for the free signature work!

Shoutout to Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei for being the NintenZone social mascot and being in some funny titles. :p

Shoutouts to @Naoshi, @Kokonoe, @Spinosaurus, @Awesomedude4444, @IntelliHeath1, and CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix for joining me in the Discord made by Naoshi.

Shoutouts to everyone in the Disco Room and the Smash 4 social for being entertaining. There's so many of you guys, I couldn't possibly name you all!

And lastly, shoutout to you for reading this! If you've read this all the way through, you're probably the target audience as well! :)

Good bye for now!

Doubt you'll miss me, but I'll miss you. Good luck.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Weren't Assist Trophies considered consolation prizes too?

Too bad there hasn't been any Balloon Fighter costume or Assist Trophy.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Considering how many popular characters got Mii Costumes, many of them pretty much are consolation prizes.

K. Rool, Chrom, Takamaru, Ashley, Inklings...

:231:

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So we've got a good idea of who can be in Smash 5 with the Mii Costumes now. I'm like 99 percent sure Isabelle and Ashley are gonna be in Smash 5 at least. Inklings and Takamaru should just be confirmed already

So :link2:, :falcon:, :samus2:, & :fox: were costumes too.

Maybe there's a chance for them to be playable! :troll:
Oh please. Power Suit Samus would never be playable in Smash. That would mean having 2 samuses (samii?). Not to mention ZSS is already good imagine how good she would be if she ACTUALLY used her armor.

Assuming she wasn't a mega man clone of course

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I found a cool Easter Egg in SAO2.

Literally a "blink and you miss it" thing, caught it by chance.

I guess they probably make SAO video games.

D

Deleted member

Geno was actually considered for Smash?

That's....not really surprising to me in hindsight. I always thought of the possiblity that any character that was a Mii costume or AT that looks like a playable character may have been considered for a playable position, it's just that Sakurai hasn't spoken about those characters yet.

Also beign considered for playable but rejected in Smash game =/= Beign a likely choice for the next game, remember Dixie guys?

But those are just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Lil Mac, Palutena, arguably Villager, Shulk

All 4 of these can be easily seen as shoo-ins. Sakurai doesn't strictly go by a surprise code.
Villager was no shoo-in.
Especially since Sakurai specifically said that they didn't fit in Smash in the time of Brawl.

Shulk was only a "shoo-in" through Gematsu knowledge. Too much of the community never heard of him beforehand.

Little Mac? An assist trophy from a heavily-western rooted series? Certainly no shoo-in and was a surprise even to supporters.

Palutena is the closest thing of one we saw for Smash 4. So that's... 1 out of like 20 newcomers?
1:4villager:2:4megaman:3:4wiifit:4:rosalina:5:4littlemac:6:4greninja:7-9:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:10:4palutena:11:4pacman:12:4robinm:13:4lucina:14:4shulk:15:4bowserjr:16:4duckhunt:17:4darkpit:18:4ryu:19:4cloud:20:4bayonetta:21:4corrin:

So... we're looking at about a 5% "Shoo-in" rate. And only a few characters that were seen as highly likely on the whole.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
imagine if an anime character (like the Nisekoi girl or something) got in before a mii costume "consolation" character

lol

honestly at this point IDC too much about newcomers, all I want is my 3rd party DLC conglomerate, Snake, Icies, Gengar/Darkrai/Gardevoir, Chunners, and like.. K.Rool and Ashley. after Bayonetta's reveal I really doubt I could be surprised by too much anymore. Or have characters I enjoy as much.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Villager was no shoo-in.
Especially since Sakurai specifically said that they didn't fit in Smash in the time of Brawl.

Shulk was only a "shoo-in" through Gematsu knowledge. Too much of the community never heard of him beforehand.

Little Mac? An assist trophy from a heavily-western rooted series? Certainly no shoo-in and was a surprise even to supporters.

Palutena is the closest thing of one we saw for Smash 4. So that's... 1 out of like 20 newcomers?
1:4villager:2:4megaman:3:4wiifit:4:rosalina:5:4littlemac:6:4greninja:7-9:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:10:4palutena:11:4pacman:12:4robinm:13:4lucina:14:4shulk:15:4bowserjr:16:4duckhunt:17:4darkpit:18:4ryu:19:4cloud:20:4bayonetta:21:4corrin:

So... we're looking at about a 5% "Shoo-in" rate. And only a few characters that were seen as highly likely on the whole.
This literally all comes down to opinion. I mean I'm guilty of it but it's completely opinion. It's useless to debate who's "shoo-in" and who was "unexpected" because there's so few that are actually solid.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No fair using an RTC thread. That's cheating. :glare:
Capture.PNG

What better tool to prove that the community will never shake the shoo-in mentality than a thread currently undergoing shoo-in mentality and has always undergone the shoo-in mentality?

Because...you know, the shoo-in mentality has been chromfirmed to be a krool mistress to those who embrace it and then get shot down like wolves.

Is it cheating to state the facts as they are?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
View attachment 97964

What better tool to prove that the community will never shake the shoo-in mentality than a thread currently undergoing shoo-in mentality and has always undergone the shoo-in mentality?

Because...you know, the shoo-in mentality has been chromfirmed to be a krool mistress to those who embrace it and then get shot down like wolves.

Is it cheating to state the facts as they are?
...You spent most of your time making this post with that second paragraph didn't you? :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's a big difference between thinking the Inkling's a shoo in for Smash 5 than there is for thinking any other character's a shoo in. But of course, calling out others for petty reasons is easier to do...
:rolleyes:

Some people think some characters are shoo ins. Deal with it. Sarcastically putting yourself above others just makes you look bad.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So anybody think we'll get Zelda news tomorrow (since it'll be the first game's 30th anniversary)?

I'm expecting something but nothing big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom