• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
NEVERMIND. JUST FORGET ABOUT MY LAST POST BECAUSE IT'S ****ING HAPPENING.
Did people not know about this? Man, there is SO much work being done on the modding scene right now.

Balrog Mac!

Shadow over Sonic!

Shadow is important since he's actually the first major vertex mod on Wii U.

There are about 5-7 modders you should be aware of on Youtube and Twitter to follow right now.

Fun fact, the CSS and SSS automatically rescale when you add new characters or stages.

It's quite amazing how much has been achieved so far and in such a short time span too.

A bit of a shame though none of this is even out yet for the general public. Although I suppose people can already mess around with the 3DS version in the meantime.....

Well, it's time guys.
The last of Smash 4's content is finished, my premium is out, and it's still close to the beginning of the new year.
It is time for me to take a long hiatus from Smashboards, possibly forever.

In the time since I joined in December 2013 I have made over 23,000 posts.

Shoutouts to @GoldenYuiitusin and BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 for being here since I joined and sticking around since the original Roster Prediction Discussion Thread. Shoutout to everyone in said thread.
Extra shoutout to Golden for doing all this while asleep.
Shoutout to @Scoliosis Jones for managing said thread as it was basically my home for 2 months and being pretty on-point.

Shoutouts to A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , Wolfie557 Wolfie557 and @Only Human for taking care of Midna support after I leave.

Shoutouts to everyone in this thread who migrated from the Leaks Discussion group. You all are cool in some way even your opinions are sometimes wrong :p

Now for mods.
Shoutout to Opossum Opossum , @Firus,@PushDustIn, FalKoopa FalKoopa and [I'M SURE I'M FORGETTING SOMEONE] for keeping the peace :shades:

Shoutout to @IsmaR for being scary and @N3ON for being formerly scary and for pointing out all the inconvenient truths. :p

Shoutout to @Hong, @Moydow, @Weeman, and @Jae for making me stick around the Robin social far longer than I wanted to, and the latter for the free signature work!

Shoutout to @Swampasaur for being the NintenZone social mascot and being in some funny titles. :p

Shoutouts to @Naoshi, @Kokonoe, @Spinosaurus, @Awesomedude4444, @IntelliHeath1, and @CyberHyperPhoenix for joining me in the Discord made by Naoshi.

Shoutouts to everyone in the Disco Room and the Smash 4 social for being entertaining. There's so many of you guys, I couldn't possibly name you all!

And lastly, shoutout to you for reading this! If you've read this all the way through, you're probably the target audience as well! :)

Good bye for now!

Take care Kenith. It's been a fun ride all around. Hope to see you again someday. ^^

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, it's time guys.
The last of Smash 4's content is finished, my premium is out, and it's still close to the beginning of the new year.

Shoutouts to @GoldenYuiitusin and BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 for being here since I joined and sticking around since the original Roster Prediction Discussion Thread. Shoutout to everyone in said thread.
Shoutout to @Scoliosis Jones for managing said thread as it was basically my home for 2 months and being pretty on-point.

Shoutouts to A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , Wolfie557 Wolfie557 and @Only Human for taking care of Midna support after I leave.

Shoutouts to everyone in this thread who migrated from the Leaks Discussion group. You all are cool in some way even your opinions are sometimes wrong :p

Now for mods.
Shoutout to Opossum Opossum , @Firus,@PushDustIn, FalKoopa FalKoopa and [I'M SURE I'M FORGETTING SOMEONE] for keeping the peace :shades:

Shoutout to @IsmaR for being scary and @N3ON for being formerly scary and for pointing out all the inconvenient truths. :p

Shoutout to @Hong, @Moydow, @Weeman, and @Jae for making me stick around the Robin social far longer than I wanted to, and the latter for the free signature work!

Shoutout to @Swampasaur for being the NintenZone social mascot and being in some funny titles. :p

Shoutouts to @Naoshi, @Kokonoe, @Spinosaurus, @Awesomedude4444, @IntelliHeath1, and @CyberHyperPhoenix for joining me in the Discord made by Naoshi.

Shoutouts to everyone in the Disco Room and the Smash 4 social for being entertaining. There's so many of you guys, I couldn't possibly name you all!

And lastly, shoutout to you for reading this! If you've read this all the way through, you're probably the target audience as well! :)

Good bye for now!

Well if we never see each other again, have a good one.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So what games, consoles,merchandise or accessories are you planning to buy/ have already bought this year?

Mine's not exactly impressive but:
Already:
  • Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Monsters
Later:
  • Bayonetta amiibo
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
  • The Legend of Zelda: U - probably. depends if on NX. dunno.
  • Fire Emblem Fates - Birthright
  • Perhaps other unannounced stuff but no plans atm.
  • GoT Funko Pop's.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Since I've been posting so many vids anyway, the following three YouTube videos are the absolute best reason I've seen to mod Smash Wii U.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We interrupt your heartfelt farewell to bring you a live nuclear weapon that will detonate soon.

Also cheers @Kenith hope you do well.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I started SAO2.

...I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit more than I ever did the original, so far.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even Segata Sanshiro knows you only play on Classic XD :p

Segata Sanshiro alone makes this game better than PXZ1.

Like, holy ****, just how much of the 4th wall is left remaining?

Why can't one of these interviewers ever mention wanting K. Rool to Sakurai? :urg: At least we know why Donbe isn't playable (as if the reason wasn't obvious enough).
Unpopular opinion time: K. Rool isn't that popular and isn't that much of an all-star as the vocal minorities make it seem.

Well, it's time guys.

Now for mods.

Good bye for now!

You sure are, friend, you sure are.

Am I really that unnoticeable? Hahaha. I don't mind. :p

Anyway, farewell and good luck in your life's endeavors.

However, there's one thing I need to say...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sakurai wanted to add Geno.

Well call me Glass Joe and punch me silly. All of those arguments could have meant something in the end...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We interrupt your heartfelt farewell to bring you a live nuclear weapon that will detonate soon.

So dreams really can potentially come true? Oooor at least considered....

Nothing can stop me now! *Continues to support Professor Layton for Smash 5*

Seriously, that's really cool to hear.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Do you think he's less popular than Geno?
Who knows.

I don't care about such things that much anyway.

In the end, any character is fine with me so long as the game remains fun, so I'm not petty anymore to be mindlessly arguing about fictional characters in a crossover video game.

Whatever semblance of "rules" we had in regards to Smash characters have been broken to the point of no return. lol

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
When I first heard about Geno from Push this morning I couldn't wait to talk about it. I immediately thought of @Burb

I feel bad for him. Geno support is going to come back for Smash 5. He may even get put in. Poor guy. He really hates Geno fans.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

This day in Smash speculation:

Sakurai proves for the 100th time that we don't know how he works at all.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah, just for the record, the was the "megaton" from the remainder of the interview. But there are quite a few other interesting bits that we're getting ready to release.

Now the question is whtehr or not this matters for smash 5. . .or has Geno's time already been lost from his dramatic drop in popularity?
I don't care about such things that much anyway.
TBH I can't really believe you don't care if you took the time to specifically bring up an "unpopular opinion" that is clearly anti K rool towards a k rool supporter without any provocation. :p

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
>Title

Wait. So you're saying Geno, of all characters, was actually considered for Smash 4?

EVERYBODY PANIC ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

Smash 5 speculation is looking to be very interesting...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Oh Jesus. Once Smash 5 rolls around, Geno is gonna get that top billing from fans

Segata Sanshiro alone makes this game better than PXZ1.

Like, holy ****, just how much of the 4th wall is left remaining?

Unpopular opinion time: K. Rool isn't that popular and isn't that much of an all-star as the vocal minorities make it seem[/spoiler]
K. Rool isn't popular but it's that he fits a criteria that Smash fans want

• Villain
  • Heavyweight
  • DK rep that 1) isn't a monkey and 2) Because they feel like the franchise deserves one due to have the same amount as reps as Mother and Star Fox and less reps than Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus, franchises Sakurai thinks are popular

It's sort of the same thing with Ridley, AKA why it fits.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Now the question is whtehr or not this matters for smash 5. . .or has Geno's time already been lost from his dramatic drop in popularity?

TBH I can't really believe you don't care if you took the time to specifically bring up an "unpopular opinion" that is clearly anti K rool towards a k rool supporter without any provocation. :p
Stating an opinion, no matter how unpopular, shouldn't offend anyone, now does it?

I'm not one for political correctness. I'm honest with myself.

If anything, the Geno stuff only proves that Sakurai is far more aware of the fanbase than we give him credit for.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't find this surprising, well ballot-wise anyway.

@PushDustIn I can't wait for the rest of the interview, and especially the Q+A in March.

I'm wondering how close I was in terms of how Sakurai chooses characters.
Parts 2 and 3 will be out tomorrow. The discussion of the interview, which goes over everything, will be out later today.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Stating an opinion, no matter how unpopular, shouldn't offend anyone, now does it?
Frosty, my dear snowman, this is the internet.

Where anything offends anyone, no matter how honest or indifferent it is.

Of course you'd offend our dear Zebae here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom