• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Dont think Corrin can pass it unless he's married to a character and you use the martiage seal

It works on everyone else
I got to the chapter where it shows up in a tip
Characters with an A rank with Corrin can all get his/her classes as long as they aren't possible S-Rank supports
So, basically, all female units can get classes from Fem Corrin, excluding Rhajat, and the opposite is true for Male Corrin, excluding Niles

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Since @PushDustIn isn't here, I'll be doing the honors of telling you all about the new Sakurai interview with Nintendo Dream about Smash Bros. DLC, translated by Source Gaming!

The interview is long and will come in 3 parts, so you can expect Sakurai to go into detail about things!

Here's the first part: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/20/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-1/

Translation credit goes to the Source Gaming translation team, who are still at work in the other two parts coming up later.

Champ Gold Champ Gold : Glad to see your sister and the child are okay. Best of luck to you and your family.
Thanks bro

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This seems fairly important.

Sakurai: Actually, the amount of work spent making one fighter is more than it was during development on the main game because we developed new characters on the premise that they would possess unique abilities no other character has. Rather than try to emulate pre-existing characters, we tried to introduce brand-new styles of gameplay. And that’s how we ended up with these DLC characters.

I wonder who did and didn't make the cut simply because of this.
I'm guessing because of the low amount of characters that were made for DLC, it's why each character was made unique to make for a substantial purchase.

I love connecting the dots with Sakurai's philosophy.

D

Deleted member

Why do I torture myself by visiting the Fates GameFaqs boards? Why do I hate myself?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I'm super hard at work and my sister got into a car accident. She was 3-4 months in her pregnancy and she got hit in the stomach.

I probably won't be on here as much since I'm gonna mostly work and try to calm myself a bit.

Sorry

That's horrible :sadeyes:

I may be late, but I still wish you and your sister the best of luck. Stay strong!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm guessing because of the low amount of characters that were made for DLC, it's why each character was made unique to make for a substantial purchase.

I love connecting the dots with Sakurai's philosophy.
7 is not a low number for DLC. It's par for the medium.

D

Deleted member

It's the same with me and the Smash Bros. GameFAQs boards.

It's masochism.
There was a 17 page topic asking what was so bad about the localization and the replies could pretty much be summed up to
"The act of removing something just because someone might get offended offends me"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anybody buy this guy crap?
My Bull **** senses are tingling!

It's literally he throws out there everything we know on the wii u, and says:

" My source told me the wii u lineup, it's literally everything we know and then he goes, Oh there is one last wii u game but my source didn't say!"

You want to know why? Cause its bs....

The minecraft stuff is plausible, but I doubt it. IF anything it would have launched with Minecraft. So I'm skeptical on this.

Also the way this guy speaks sounds so phony, he almost sounds like he is completely spitballing stuff here.

Also the guy some how was just with flimsy reasoning on his part, that anyone could honestly come up with.

I think my favorite part is this:

" The source sent me this because Nintendo Employees are such huge Nintendo Fans! They wanted the fanbase to have this information so there is no more waiting or agonizing over what will be revealed."

This just sounds so un professional. To me, it sounds like he literally is making this stuff up.

Also launching Zelda U on the Nx at the same time as the Wii U could end up hindering the sales of both versions. I have to get a hold of the figures for both Twilight Princesses though to determine this.

And I still don't think we'll see the NX this year, unless we actually see the reveal of it, which probably won't come to June. Which leaves a small window for them to push and get it's name out there.

And I don't think we will be seeing Star Fox in 2 months. It has evidence to suggest being pushed back again, so I don't see it till the summer. But we will have to wait and see, I guess.

D

Deleted member

I'm about to rewatch the GF finale with my friends as they haven't watched it yet
They about for a wild ride

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's the same with me and the Smash Bros. GameFAQs boards.

It's masochism.
Or me with 4chan discussing Smash.

I can't help the suffering. I tend to feed on it.

Champ Gold Champ Gold
Glad to hear your sister and her baby are okay.
Thanks mate. Her back is in pain but she'll be out the hospital by the end of the day. But we probably won't have her do a lot of stuff by then

There was a 17 page topic asking what was so bad about the localization and the replies could pretty much be summed up to
"The act of removing something just because someone might get offended offends me"
It might sound really stupid but it's sort of true

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just realized something, it's February 20th!

That means we are just one week away from the Pokemon Celebration at the Nintendo World Store for Pokemon Day!

In which we could see the next game announced!

Hope it doesn't disappoint! It''s still cool to see what they do for these events.

Shroob

Sup?
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

Scott's updating FNAF World AGAIN, this time adding SOME, not all, of the Halloween characters(Rip Mangle), purple guy, and coffee pot.

I mean, I appreciate the characters, but maybe he could, ya know, fix the gameplay to be actually enjoyable?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I didn't know until just now that Harper Lee died yesterday. That's really sad, actually. RIP. :(

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Noooooo! I'm trying to get FE Conquest, but it's sold out!

Why Gamestop?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I guess its safe to say that Fates is a hit...

I wanna try to grab the special edition but I pretty much have to wait till they have taken care of the pre-orders first...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Meanwhile in Hoshido, I'm killing named units now and I feel gosh awful, but I want to see every feature of the Marth Amiibo first before stopping and the darned thing is still wiping my leveling sinkhole duo despite my summoning it as soon as conceivably possible. Fortunately I just found a third unit I like pressing on even further into conscience kicking madness, so maybe I'll have a better shot if I level him a bit.

For the record, the two non Corrin characters that have caught my eye are Hayato and now Kaden. They're not the most interesting bunch in terms of Supporting with Corrin, but I just realized they have a Support line with each other and while it's not quite Awakening tier yet as of the C Rank, hilarity did ensue.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

Scott's updating FNAF World AGAIN, this time adding SOME, not all, of the Halloween characters(Rip Mangle), purple guy, and coffee pot.

I mean, I appreciate the characters, but maybe he could, ya know, fix the gameplay to be actually enjoyable?
That's cool, I'll try them out when I get home

Although Halloween mangle is the one of those I wanted most

Burruni

Smash Hero
WOW.
GAME.
THAT WAS BULLCRAP.

So... in Conquest Chapter 12...

The mission objective is listed as: "Defeat the Boss or have Corrin Escape in 12 turns."

I read this as: "If you don't escape in 12 turns, Ryoma will close off he exit and you HAVE to beat him.

What it means is YOU INSTANTLY GET A GAME OVER IF IT GOES TO TURN 13.
POORLY WORDED.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
WOW.
GAME.
THAT WAS BULLCRAP.

So... in Conquest Chapter 12...

The mission objective is listed as: "Defeat the Boss or have Corrin Escape in 12 turns."

I read this as: "If you don't escape in 12 turns, Ryoma will close off he exit and you HAVE to beat him.

What it means is YOU INSTANTLY GET A GAME OVER IF IT GOES TO TURN 13.
POORLY WORDED.
Actually I understood it perfectly first time round. You just made up stuff..

Sorry you can't read.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
NEVERMIND. JUST FORGET ABOUT MY LAST POST BECAUSE IT'S ****ING HAPPENING.
>Not Death Egg Zone

DROPPED

Can't wait for Central Highway from Megaman X :4megaman:

It's been said a thousand times, but now, even Kamiya realises how ill-conceived that taunt is. :V

Bayonetta has never been good with Children

D

Deleted member

So, the dialogue in Chapter 10 was changed a little
In the japanese version, Takumi says the battle is an ambush from Nohr
In the US, not only is he very racist, it's also clear that Nohr is the one being attacked
I like how they made it so that Hoshido isn't completely good

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Can't read =/= Ambiguous instructions.
"In 12 turns, defeat the boss or have Corrin escape."
A minor change that makes it inarguable.
Well to me the or bit makes it simple. Two ways:
  • Defeat the Boss OR
  • Have Corrin Escape
...in 12 turns.
It's been said a thousand times, but now, even Kamiya realises how ill-conceived that taunt is. :V

Not my problem those annoying kids have childhood traumas or whatever it's about and happen to be in Smash.

Taunt is great. I use it against every character.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
NEVERMIND. JUST FORGET ABOUT MY LAST POST BECAUSE IT'S ****ING HAPPENING.
Did people not know about this? Man, there is SO much work being done on the modding scene right now.

Balrog Mac!

Shadow over Sonic!

Shadow is important since he's actually the first major vertex mod on Wii U.

There are about 5-7 modders you should be aware of on Youtube and Twitter to follow right now.

Fun fact, the CSS and SSS automatically rescale when you add new characters or stages.

HACKING INTENSFIE!!!!!!
"Dream of more music on Midgar, along with others things."

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Seeing 4chan on a big HDTV was weird.

Also I found this there.

Dunno where it's from but it's the highest quality form of the image so far and THOSE LEGS ARE KILLING ME SO THICK AND STRONK

Makes me happy since it means I was really accurate with my recent drawing of her, though I was pretty confident since we had the biker outfit to work with already.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So...

I'm still down in the dumps, but I felt like it'd be a good idea to start working out again. Sadly, going to the gym hasn't been very motivating to me.

So I decided to try something I haven't done in ages...

20160220_143313.jpg

I feel like I'm 10 again~

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Did people not know about this? Man, there is SO much work being done on the modding scene right now.

Balrog Mac!

Shadow over Sonic!

There are about 5-7 modders you should be aware of on Youtube and Twitter to follow right now.

Fun fact, the CSS and SSS automatically rescale when you add new characters or stages.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY LIKE!!!
WHY I CAN'T LIKE THIS POST MORE THAN ONCE?!?!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Shadow was the most downloaded character in terms of Brawl mods
>Now he's the first major vertex mod on Smash Wii U

He should just be put into the next game or else he'll take another modding record. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom