• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

>Playing Fates
>Build Accessory Shop in My Castle
>Enters it
>Gets a "Pink Beret"
>"Uh, I wonder what this is?"
>Equips on Corrin

THEY KNOW
H
E
Y

K
N
O
W
I'm super hard at work and my sister got into a car accident. She was 3-4 months in her pregnancy and she got hit in the stomach.

I probably won't be on here as much since I'm gonna mostly work and try to calm myself a bit.

Sorry
Sorry to hear that, but don't apologize for having to take some time from the thread
Hope everything ends up okay, buddy

MainJPW

M.T.A
I'm super hard at work and my sister got into a car accident. She was 3-4 months in her pregnancy and she got hit in the stomach.

I probably won't be on here as much since I'm gonna mostly work and try to calm myself a bit.

Sorry
Hope everything things alright man and like Zoroarking said, don't apologize. Family always comes first.

Burruni

Smash Hero
You can't practice at home and git gud unless you own he game

All non F2P games confirmed pay to win.
Pink Fresh doesn't own Smash 4.
You might want to reflect on this.

Also I'm now at the point that I have more pairs that I want to support up than I can have on the field.
Damn you, conquest.
Chapter 12... I'll get to you in a moment.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Sorry

thats really awful :( i hope everything goes well man

and as everyone said, family is the most important thing, so take care and worry about them than us!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Again. Thank you guys for the support.

My sister and the baby is fine. They just need to hang in the hospital for a while and won't be out until I finish work. Thanks again.

I don't know how to thank you guys but here's a picture of a cat to lighten the mood

D

Deleted member

Me, 20 minutes ago: "Oh, Chapter 10 is the one from the previews, it can't be so bad
Me, now:

#BlameTakumi

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys what's...

Explanations please.
Duon: A bunch of Game & Watch's combined VIA Shadow Bugs
Giant Purple Diddy: Made of Shadow Bugs
Subspace Bomb: Exactly what you think it is
Game & Watch: Source/Made up of Shadow Bugs

James wanted a Pikmin game where you had a bunch of G&Ws with his Subspace Powers
thisiswhattheyget :4pacman:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Duon: A bunch of Game & Watch's combined VIA Shadow Bugs
Giant Purple Diddy: Made of Shadow Bugs
Subspace Bomb: Exactly what you think it is
Game & Watch: Source/Made up of Shadow Bugs

James wanted a Pikmin game where you had a bunch of G&Ws with his Subspace Powers
thisiswhattheyget :4pacman:
Am I going to get an explanation on the moon?

D

Deleted member

>One turn left
>Hinata kills Corrin
For ****'s sake, I thought people were exaggerating with how hard this chapter is

D

Deleted member

Oh my good :4palutena:, the Zelda's 30th already started to flood the Internet.

I'm gonna come back here tomorrow for the 21st update of my 30 Days Nintendo Challenge, but for now...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I found this top ten list really intriguing. It epitomises what mostly sways me towards Sonic games over other platformers.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Am I going to get an explanation on the moon?
They could tell you but they won't because they don't have time to explain why they don't have time to explain.
They'll instead send you to Venus and then to Mars to do the exact same thing but with Discount Terminators and Obese Jackals instead of Space Zombies.
Then they'll make you buy more :dkmelee:expansions:dkmelee: where you go to Space Ships near Saturn to deal with the Space Zombies' predecessors.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I said screw it and bought Birthright. What a great choice for a game. Ive been playing through it and am at Chapter 13 (Scrub here, Im on Causal and Normal difficulty.) I cant wait to get Conquest.

Slurpuff icon.png

D

Deleted member

I think I realized what I'm doing wrong in Chapter 10
I've been trying too much to get to Takumi and end up thining out my forces
I should probably stop trying to get that Elixir

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
They could tell you but they won't because they don't have time to explain why they don't have time to explain.
They'll instead send you to Venus and then to Mars to do the exact same thing but with Discount Terminators and Obese Jackals instead of Space Zombies.
Then they'll make you buy more :dkmelee:expansions:dkmelee: where you go to Space Ships near Saturn to deal with the Space Zombies' predecessors.
I legitimately don't know how to properly respond to this...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I legitimately don't know how to properly respond to this...
You respond by giving Bungie more money so they can actually explain things to you.
If you don't mind things being overly repetitive.
****Destiny

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1-Forge a high crit Tome
2-Give it a long name so Odin's skill a activate
3-Get Odin to S-Support Selena
4-Have the best Awakening ship again
5-Get them on Attack Stance and always have Odin attack
6-Enjoy a rain of double critical hits

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Since @PushDustIn isn't here, I'll be doing the honors of telling you all about the new Sakurai interview with Nintendo Dream about Smash Bros. DLC, translated by Source Gaming!

The interview is long and will come in 3 parts, so you can expect Sakurai to go into detail about things!

Here's the first part: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/20/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-1/

Translation credit goes to the Source Gaming translation team, who are still at work in the other two parts coming up later.

Champ Gold Champ Gold : Glad to see your sister and the child are okay. Best of luck to you and your family.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Adding onto what Frostwraith said, 2nd and 3rd parts are pretty juicy. It'll spark a good amount of discussion I think!

Since @PushDustIn isn't here, I'll be doing the honors of telling you all about the new Sakurai interview with Nintendo Dream about Smash Bros. DLC, translated by Source Gaming!

The interview is long and will come in 3 parts, so you can expect Sakurai to go into detail about things!

Here's the first part: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/20/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-1/

Translation credit goes to the Source Gaming translation team, who are still at work in the other two parts coming up later.

Champ Gold Champ Gold : Glad to see your sister and the child are okay. Best of luck to you and your family.
This seems fairly important.

Sakurai: Actually, the amount of work spent making one fighter is more than it was during development on the main game because we developed new characters on the premise that they would possess unique abilities no other character has. Rather than try to emulate pre-existing characters, we tried to introduce brand-new styles of gameplay. And that’s how we ended up with these DLC characters.

I wonder who did and didn't make the cut simply because of this.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
This seems fairly important.

Sakurai: Actually, the amount of work spent making one fighter is more than it was during development on the main game because we developed new characters on the premise that they would possess unique abilities no other character has. Rather than try to emulate pre-existing characters, we tried to introduce brand-new styles of gameplay. And that’s how we ended up with these DLC characters.

I wonder who did and didn't make the cut simply because of this.
You'll see more in later parts. But we already know what he means here. It's the entire reason Ryu, Bayo, and Cloud were added. They all do something new (Corrin as well, but one could argue they're there primarily for Fates' release)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

...until the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda officially begins (glad I'm done with this gig now).

Does anyone think Nintendo will have something special for us tomorrow because of this?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
TW101XFE, because you can't convince me it wouldn't be perfect

Don't they need an A+ Rank though?
Because if they don't, I can pass my Corrin's secondary Samurai class to my entire Nohr army
So I'd have a bunch of Samurais attacking Hoshido :p
Dont think Corrin can pass it unless he's married to a character and you use the martiage seal

It works on everyone else

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This is my favorite quote thus far:

At the same time, if we were to keep adding popular characters to Smash as DLC, we’d eat up IPs in no time flat. Moreover, people’s “shock and awe” would gradually start to fade. If at some point in the future we had 100 characters in Smash, adding the 101st character wouldn’t have the same impact as new fighters have had up until now. In that sense, I feel now is the perfect time to close the curtains on development.
I had a feeling he'd say something like this if it came to that situation.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You'll see more in later parts. But we already know what he means here. It's the entire reason Ryu, Bayo, and Cloud were added. They all do something new (Corrin as well, but one could argue they're there primarily for Fates' release)
Corrin does fit the unique criteria to an extent.

They were picking characters from then-upcoming games and decided on Corrin as the team deemed them as the most unique of the possibilites, in spite of Sakurai being concerned about the number of Fire Emblem characters.

I may assume the Nintendo Dream interview will go further in detail about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom