• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Here's a question.If you can make a crossover of two Nintendo franchises which would it be and in what gameplay style?
I have 2.

Paper Mario & Kirby because the world would fit perfectly with it. A Kirby RPG would do wonders

Custom Robo & Fire Emblem. Making a SRPG with robotic customization and over the top insanity like Codename STEAM.

Although I rather combine other franchises with non-Nintendo franchises like Metroid with Unreal Tournament gameplay, Fire Emblem fighter from Arc Sys, Captain Falcon 2D Beat Em Up from the guys who made Scott Pilgrim and actual Zelda RPG.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's a question.If you can make a crossover of two Nintendo franchises which would it be and in what gameplay style?
Need I say more?...

----

And if we're going to include non-Ninty franchises then MetroidxEvolve would be epic...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Xenoblade and EarthBound.:4shulk::4ness:

Even if both Shulk and Ness' stories are over, just do it.

Basically just the first Xenoblade with EB style rolling health system and wacky enemies.

Bonus cameo from the Mechon menace R.O.B. :4rob:

:4olimar::4gaw:
Pikmin but with an army of multi-coloured Game & Watches that can do crazy Subspace stuff.

D

Deleted member

Either a platforming game where you can play as characters from the Mario and Kirby universes (including Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, etc. as part of the former), or a Zelda x Fire Emblem tactical RPG. A Metroid x Star Fox game that plays like a hybrid of the two could potentially be neat as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now the opposite end of the spectrum

Have you watched a video, that even though you agreed with the person, it was over a subject that you found so offensive/ just plain bad the fact he's going over why it's wrong/ disagreeing with it doesn't stop you from just wanting to leave the video

That wording isn't as broad as I meant it to be. Since one time I watched a movie critic criticizing a movie but I found it (The movie, not what he said) so bad I just had to leave.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The fact that GIR #FE was once a Fire Emblem/Pokemon crossover makes me long for what could have been.

And no Pokemon Conquest doesn't count it's not even the right series.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The fact that GIR #FE was once a Fire Emblem/Pokemon crossover makes me long for what could have been.

And no Pokemon Conquest doesn't count it's not even the right series.
That would actually be cool.

Kind of like Pokemon Conquest but using more the Fire Emblem formula.

The didn't use Blastoise in Pokemon Conquest, they could correct that.

...Although just like conquest they'd be limited in pokemon.

Imagine if it wasn't

Last edited:

I'm not sure if i really really don't want to see animu humanoid pokemon singing dancing or if I REALLY REALLY want to see animu humanoid pokemon singing and dancing.

What I DO know is I really really want to see the reactions

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just for fun...

:4link:
-Gallade
-Sceptile
-Rapidash
-Samurott
-Aegislash
-Mightyena

:4zelda:
-Gardevoir
-Altaria
-Serperior
-Milotic
-Ampharos
-Zoroark

:4ganondorf:
-Emboar
-Grumpig
-Mamoswine
-Primape
-Golurk
-Tyranitar

I'm not sure if i really really don't want to see animu humanoid pokemon singing dancing or if I REALLY REALLY want to see animu humanoid pokemon singing and dancing.

What I DO know is I really really want to see the reactions
FYI...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
FE x Kid Icarus could be interesting. If Pit was your 'Lord' who couldn't die and you recruit Magnus, Palutena and the like. That way the dialogue could be included with gameplay where you're not too stressed out to actually hear it.

Otherwise Zelda x Golden Sun would be a nice way to bring Golden Sun back into the limelight. Would have Zelda gameplay and you'd play as Link in parts and Isaac in parts. Team up to beat some ultraboss that ends up being Ganondorf's Uncles Wives Pet Dog.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's almost saint patrick's day

The week I make corned beef and cabbage.

I make enough to last a whole week. And it's like the best week ever

Also, my birthday is a week from Saint Patrick's day

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Moar fun...
:4samus:
-Magmortar
-Electrode
-Clawitzer
-Aerodactyl
-Tentacruel
-Jellicent

:4olimar:
-Oddish
-Bellsprout
-Sunkern
-Flabebe
-Hoppip
-Roggenrola

:4bowser:
-Torterra
-Torkoal
-Carracosta
-Blastoise
-Parasect
-Amoongus

:4falcon:
-Talonflame

:4ryu:
-Blaziken
-Breloom
-Hitmonchan
-Gliscor
-Pangoro
-Lopunny

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'm not sure the Pokemon Blue sprite was better than the pokemon red and green sprite of Blastoise

The pokemon red and green looks much more like the pose in a lot of Blastoise artwork, while the Blue makes him look fat

Although the yellow is clearly the best

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so playing fire emblem fates birthright. just finished chapter 6. anyone else enjoying the game?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I'm not sure the Pokemon Blue sprite was better than the pokemon red and green sprite of Blastoise

The pokemon red and green looks much more like the pose in a lot of Blastoise artwork, while the Blue makes him look fat

Although the yellow is clearly the best
His RG pose kind of looks like SMB2's Wart.

:231:

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Jumping ahead once again to summarise what was a likely very standard day here on the Nintenzones because of strange internet connection for me today:

-FE: Fates
-Movement for people not supporting the official, localised version because of dubbing, censorship or whatevers (ugh...)
-Bayonetta preferring Smash instead of Project X Zone 2 (Is it worth getting? I really didn't enjoy the opening to PXZ one, so should I give these games another chance?)
-Getting ready to sing the doom song.
- Now we're assigning Pokemon teams to Smashers.

I don't think I missed too much.

D

Deleted member

Day 19 : Favorite Nintendo RPG

Because 2 is always better than 1.

Day 20 : Favorite Nintendo shooter

Given the number of shooter games I've played...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Day 20 : Favorite Nintendo shooter

Given the number of shooter games I've played...
Don't you basically have to choose between Metroid Prime or Splatoon though?
Not really enough examples to give this a whole category.

INB4 SOMEONE SAYS YOSHI'S SAFARI YES I KNOW IT EXISTS

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll try splatoon out I guess to see if it's good

But I'm not a metroid prime fan

Nintendo really doesn't have a lot of shooters

D

Deleted member

Don't you basically have to choose between Metroid Prime or Splatoon though?
Not really enough examples to give this a whole category.

INB4 SOMEONE SAYS YOSHI'S SAFARI YES I KNOW IT EXISTS
I consider Metroid Prime more of an action-adventure game.

I also considered Star Fox 64, but ultimately made my choice on the game I've got the most enjoyment with.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I consider Metroid Prime more of an action-adventure game.

I also considered Star Fox 64, but ultimately made my choice on the game I've got the most enjoyment with.
I'm sure Splatoon is actually better

But what about DK 64

64 actually did have quite a few nintendo shooters now that I think about it

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Its strange how :4sheik::4falcon: Doesn't use their knife and gun when they already have it in thier model in smash at least Ganondorf use his sword in one of his costume moves but why not them too?
:4falcon: using his gun would reduce his awesomeness.

:231:

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If Captain Falcon was a newcomer in Smash 4 he would be an enormously different character. He would defintely be in his Blue Falcon like Bowser Jr.

Or would 'summon' it for his Smash attacks.

D

Deleted member

TW101XFE, because you can't convince me it wouldn't be perfect

I just found out you can get any class from a same-gender character by A-ranking them together in Fates

bruh
Don't they need an A+ Rank though?
Because if they don't, I can pass my Corrin's secondary Samurai class to my entire Nohr army
So I'd have a bunch of Samurais attacking Hoshido :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Seraph of the End Season 2's OST is finally uploaded on YouTube. :grin:

Possibly my favorite song of the entire OST -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KV_KhR0_lk

If it reminds you of XCX music, check who the composer for both is. :p

If Captain Falcon was a newcomer in Smash 4 he would be an enormously different character. He would defintely be in his Blue Falcon like Bowser Jr.

Or would 'summon' it for his Smash attacks.
You could say that about a lot of veterans in the roster.

Characters like Samus, Link, Zelda and Ganondorf likely would've been quite different if they had only been added this time around.

Also, I don't think the Blue Falcon would exactly work in the same way as the Clown Car... Does the Blue Falcon even has a similar amount of gadgets like the Clown Car?

Sheik actually doing something and not getting tossed around like a rag doll?

Well hot damn, that's nice.
Ironic that a scene like that never actually happens in the game.

Given the game had a lot of changes during its long development, the artwork may depict something that was intended but scrapped.

D

Deleted member

Lol well I sure don't see this being abused at all.
Lol, I forged a Thunder tome yesterday and named it "Aschathoronius"
It has 2 extra letters but I couldn't think of anything shorter
At least I think the name fits him perfectly :p

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why not Super Smash Bros. X Pokémon? As in, all the characters become a Pokémon and you try to catch them? :4bowser::4dedede::4mewtwo::4ganondorf: could be the legendaries.
Nah, I'd rather it be that the human characters at least are gym leaders and what not.

I want my Gym Leader/Champion/Elite Four Rosalina (whatever the terms are these days in Pokemon) to be a reality.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i like how people are all like "lol pokedex entries are over exaggerated"
meanwhile god is a proven scientific fact in the pokemon universe and it dont look like us
nevermind the fact that you could trip over a rock and fall into one of hoopas portals getting your ass lost across multiple realities

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm super hard at work and my sister got into a car accident. She was 3-4 months in her pregnancy and she got hit in the stomach.

I probably won't be on here as much since I'm gonna mostly work and try to calm myself a bit.

Sorry

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow, the Rosalina social has really gone to **** since I was banned from it.

I'm being unbanned soon but I don't think I want to interact with most of the people there anymore, lol. Might just pop in with my own Rosalina content (mods, art, etc) and news every so often, haha.

I'll just gush here on occasion or state opinions when it's relevant...oooor do it inwardly.

I'm super hard at work and my sister got into a car accident. She was 3-4 months in her pregnancy and she got hit in the stomach.

I probably won't be on here as much since I'm gonna mostly work and try to calm myself a bit.

Sorry
Oh my, that's terrible.

I hope your sister and her child are OK. And you too.

Don't work yourself too hard. Maybe visit your sister if you can. If she is relatively OK, then maybe it will help you to see that for yourself in person?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Sorry
Hope everything goes well man, sorry.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Sorry
Ouch. That's awful.

Hopefully, nothing horrible happens to your sister and her child and things turn out well.

Regardless of the outcome, you should do your best to help her in any way you can, though free of pressure.

Anyway, take your time off the forums if you find it necessary. That is a more important matter, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom