• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, as the game explains, if you reclass at a level past that of the one that you learn a skill, you will learn them in order at subsequent levels.
For your case, get to say Level 15 in the samurai class for astra.
Heart Seal back to D.B.
Lv16 get the first skill.
Lv17 get the second.
Hopefully, I won't need Heart Seals that much
Though I know I'll need every Master Seal I can get

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Maybe, but I fee like they would put one mario character in because it's their mascot series.

Honestly Though Mario and Luigi would be fun to have. Have them speak like they do in the Mario And Luigi series as well as take inspiration from there. Maybe have starlow to?. Imagine the dialog(without Starlow),

Dante: Who are these guys, they barely speak any english!?

Ryu: Nah they're cool, We threw back a bit in a match of Super Smash Bros!

Dante: Really!? Damn I was ready to fight these demons!

(Let's throw Bayo in here to)

Bayonnetta: You cheeky demon, your just Jealous of a real demon! We had a smashing time with them!

Also let's make Donkey Kong the solo unit for Mario And Luigi.

DK: Whorah Whroah!

Hiehachi: What is this wild gorilla doing?

Lucina: At least it's not that inferno tiny monkey! If I had to hear HOO HA one more time!

Anyway I still think it best to focus more on more humanoid characters as you said. But cartoony ones may work.

That would be a cool choice. She'd fit well with Phoenix wright.

S.T.E.A.M. would make for a really good fit and nice advertising to. Also I would't mind inklings either. Imagine this:

The gang just comes across the city, and the two inklings( male and female) are shooting enemies with paint while Calie and Marie( supports) are singing and attacking with ink based music notes.

Everyone: " What the hell is going on here? And are those kids or are they squids?

Someone goes: You seriously made that joke?

Ulala: Yay a performance! Time to investigate! *Gets on Stage and starts dancing and singing.

It could be really funny to have Nintendo Characters.

Oh and billy hatcher when?
Fyn. Only if it's Rosalina teamed up with Zelda. Team Magic Princesses. :p

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wouldn't really mind Mario and Luigi, especially if they are based off their Mario & Luigi selves. I would like to see Pit and Palutena too.

I wonder if Pokemon could work too with the Pokemon trainers and all....
Honestly I don't see why they wouldn't work. Arguably negotiating with GameFreak would be the bigger issue. :p The trainers themselves, as well as maybe someone like Mewtwo (seeing as the rabbit guy from Sakura Wars (I think?) is in it).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Takamaru for Project x Zone 3, that is all.

Also, you done ****ed up Kamiya. Bayo would have been perfect for the game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
On another subject, Hideki Kamiya rejected the opportunity to put :4bayonetta: into Project X Zone 2

... only to regret that decision later.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/25242...pportunity-for-bayonetta-to-be-in-project-x-z
Hideki Kamiya rejected the opportunity to put :4bayonetta: into Project X Zone 2.
Hideki Kamiya rejected :4bayonetta:

Kamiya, you seriously pissed me off. You had no idea how much I would have loved to see Bayonetta in Project x Zone 2.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Holy hell.
Chapter 10 almost crushed me.
...Partially because I mixed up "turn number" and "chapter number" and went far too aggressive at turn 8.
#BlameTakumi count: 4

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Kamiya, you seriously pissed me off. You had no idea how much I would have loved to see Bayonetta in Project x Zone 2.

Expected reaction was expected. But look on the bright side, he apologized and originally wanted to make a game where she met up with Dante himself. At least there's Project X Zone 3 to look forward to.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Expected reaction was expected. But look on the bright side, he apologized and originally wanted to make a game where she met up with Dante himself. At least there's Project X Zone 3 to look forward to.
I was wandering when someone will post that gif.:laugh:

I'm annoyed & hopeful. At least we got some insider info about his thoughts on Bayo crossovers.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Alright everyone. Im going through with my plan for the #FreePikaPants movement. I am going to win that local tournament and go to New York and spread awareness.

Question for those who have been studying the game:

Should I go Pikachu or Pikachu-Libre? I want to go with a Pikachu. But I want to win. Who's more viable, especially against a bunch of ****ing scrubs new players who likely dont care about winning the local

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy hell.
Chapter 10 almost crushed me.
...Partially because I mixed up "turn number" and "chapter number" and went far too aggressive at turn 8.
#BlameTakumi count: 4
Everyone is complaining about that chapter
I wonder what's so bad about it...
I just beat Chapter 8 and still haven't done the Paralogue tho
Good to see Odin/Owain is still the same :p
And Niles is just as good as I expected
"You stole my kill"

D

Deleted member

If Project X Zone 3 adds Square Enix to the mix, then I'd like to see Xenogears represented along with the already featured Xenosaga and Xenoblade.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Project X Zone 3?
Give me Balloon Fighter.
Why?
1) Segata Sanshiro isn't wacky enough, we need to go deeper
2) Giant Fish of Death + Electrocution
Groose would be nice

Burruni

Smash Hero
Everyone is complaining about that chapter
I wonder what's so bad about it...
I just beat Chapter 8 and still haven't done the Paralogue tho
Good to see Odin/Owain is still the same :p
And Niles is just as good as I expected
"You stole my kill"
A) Do the paralogue for some quick exp. Ain't gonna be worth a lot for Mozu imo.
B) Have fun with Chapter 10. I can give you a pretty decent strategy if you end up getting frustrated.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just logged into my twitter to find this:
View attachment 97845

...And it probably has something to do with Operation Torrential Downpour.
What have I done? >_>
I thought about this once before for a moment, but I just realized something awkward about this:

The name is piggybacking off of Operation Rainfall, and named in a way that implies that the situation is far more serious, no less.

That's kind of a foul in my eyes. Stealing another movement's name and overblowing it implies your movement has nothing of it's own to offer. That's not even getting into how "Rainfall" implies people just wanting a relief from the localization drought while "Torrential Downpour" just screams SALT SALT SALT SALT SALT.

I don't even have any comment on the actual goal of the movement, the naming convention is just terrible on all levels.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If you upset about no Bayo then realize that at least Kamiya apologized for it. He didn't even have to tell anyone, it would've gone unknown. The man deserves a lot of credit for that as most developers would've kept their mouth shut.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I thought about this once before for a moment, but I just realized something awkward about this:

The name is piggybacking off of Operation Rainfall, and named in a way that implies that the situation is far more serious, no less.

That's kind of a foul in my eyes. Stealing another movement's name and overblowing it implies your movement has nothing of it's own to offer. That's not even getting into how "Rainfall" implies people just wanting a relief from the localization drought while "Torrential Downpour" just screams SALT SALT SALT SALT SALT.

I don't even have any comment on the actual goal of the movement, the naming convention is just terrible on all levels.
Wow, I didn't even think of that. That's pretty ****ty of them to do that.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Beat AA4
Hot damn
that rocked

You poked a hornet's nest.
Don't worry. Their stingers are useless. Both to you, and their goal
Why are the prosecutors so great. Like, they are consistently my favorite characters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Yeah, the name is ludicrous.

Project Rainfall was a positive movement that simply wanted change and was trying to show Nintendo that there were willing customers for those games in the west. They wanted localization.

Downpour is almost showing the opposite both in tone and goal. It's so haphazard it's funny. But I'm also scared they will have some sway in things. Hopefully sales numbers silence them. They aren't the majority and unlike Rainfall, it's not something the majority can get behind.

D

Deleted member

It's time for my obligatory "prasing Fates" post:
-The soundtrack is great, kinda hard to disappoint this part but it deserves mention, especially the challenge maps theme
-My Castle mechanics are justified ingame(unlike Awakening's map *cough cough*)
-My Castle is a nice addition and customizing it is actually fun, though there might be some limitations for map creating
-Conquest has been at a decent difficulty for now, the extra objective in Chapter 8 requires some strategy to get
-Good map design. All I have to say
-All characters have been likeable so far
-GOOD MAP DESIGN
-Corrin has actually been a good lord, the fact she doesn't want any unnecessary bloodshed makes her look like your typical anime protagonist but is justified since she REALLY doesn't know how the world is and that's even lampshaded by some characters
-GOOD ****ING MAP DESIGN

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Project Rainfall was a positive movement that simply wanted change and was trying to show Nintendo that there were willing customers for those games in the west. They wanted localization.

Downpour is almost showing the opposite both in tone and goal. It's so haphazard it's funny. But I'm also scared they will have some sway in things. Hopefully sales numbers silence them. They aren't the majority and unlike Rainfall, it's not something the majority can get behind.
If it helps, the game has been getting sold out. Been hearing that a lot from random folks.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well judging by how Xenoblade X was beloved and I'm assuming FE Fates will follow, I don't think it'll be that big of a deal.

Let's be honest, Downpour is essentially a glorified Change.org petition. I honestly doubt it's going to go anywhere.

Why are the prosecutors so great. Like, they are consistently my favorite characters.
I just said this in the AA thread. The prosecutors have been my favorite character of the game all 4 times. Hell the only on I haven't used as an avi was Godot, because Mask'O currently held that honor.

They are extremely well written. Although that's probably intentional as they are the characters you will interact with the most. Other than maybe the judge.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It's time for my obligatory "prasing Fates" post:
-The soundtrack is great, kinda hard to disappoint this part but it deserves mention, especially the challenge maps theme
-My Castle mechanics are justified ingame(unlike Awakening's map *cough cough*)
-My Castle is a nice addition and customizing it is actually fun, though there might be some limitations for map creating
-Conquest has been at a decent difficulty for now, the extra objective in Chapter 8 requires some strategy to get
-Good map design. All I have to say
-All characters have been likeable so far
-GOOD MAP DESIGN
-Corrin has actually been a good lord, the fact she doesn't want any unnecessary bloodshed makes her look like your typical anime protagonist but is justified since she REALLY doesn't know how the world is and that's even lampshaded by some characters
-GOOD ****ING MAP DESIGN
I'm not jelly that I live in Europe

I'm not jelly at all

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Project X Zone 3, for me, is ideally.

Namco x Capcom x Sega x Nintendo x Square Enix

And not just 3 Nintendo characters I'm talking at least 25.

Also maybe Atlus, and though it's impossible, Microsoft and Sony

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*sigh* You know what? I wanna try My Castle too bad. Let's do this for a couple of chapters.

But I'll have you know this feels stupid and contrived and I await the day I can just take a third option and tell everyone to shut it.

T-minus 21 days until genre savvy.

D

Deleted member

*sigh* You know what? I wanna try My Castle too bad. Let's do this for a couple of chapters.

But I'll have you know this feels stupid and contrived and I await the day I can just take a third option and tell everyone to shut it.

T-minus 21 days until genre savvy.
I don't know why you don't want to wait for Revelations so much
At least play Birthright if you already have it, everyone says it's one of the strongest in the story session and even if you don't want to do for it, play for the chapters even though Conquest is superior on gameplay
Besides, doing the first five chapters will allow you to skip to the Branch of Fates later on

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't know why you don't want to wait for Revelations so much
At least play Birthright if you already have it, everyone says it's one of the strongest in the story session and even if you don't want to do for it, play for the chapters even though Conquest is superior on gameplay
Besides, doing the first five chapters will allow you to skip to the Branch of Fates later on
Oh, I did the first five chapters before I even realized Revelations wasn't out yet just to get to the split point.

I just have a strong desire to play the Genre Savvy All Loving Hero, and I forsee a lot of. . .not savvy. . .ahead of me. :p

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Project X Zone 3, for me, is ideally.

Namco x Capcom x Sega x Nintendo x Square Enix

And not just 3 Nintendo characters I'm talking at least 25.

Also maybe Atlus, and though it's impossible, Microsoft and Sony
This could be cool.

But I'd like to see crossovers between non-video game companies too.

Like Disney X Warner Bros. Or Disney X Nickelo-
Whoops, nevermind.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I played pool for the first time in a few years.

I actually did surprisingly well, got some fancy shots in. I might do it more often, it's quite fun.

I guess that snowball level in Sonic Lost World is good for something. :V

D

Deleted member

Oh, I did the first five chapters before I even realized Revelations wasn't out yet just to get to the split point.

I just have a strong desire to play the Genre Savvy All Loving Hero, and I forsee a lot of. . .not savvy. . .ahead of me. :p
Corrin is All Loving in Conquest as well
In Birthright, she ends up looking more revengeful due to Chapter 5's events
Conquest Chapter 8 really estabilished what kind of character she is imo
I don't know much of BR besides "Nohr is evil, I gotta nake Garon pay"

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just logged into my twitter to find this:
View attachment 97845

...And it probably has something to do with Operation Torrential Downpour.
What have I done? >_>
oh, I replied to some of the things and it tagged you :)

Basically saying the amount of auduio files as argument is the worst file arguemtn I have seen and I bring up a fact about SS......

idk why it tags you when I replied though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom