• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
...I could point out multiple examples of it, but I won't go there.

I'll be going out in a minute anyway so this will hopefully have passed by the time I get back.
Just saying. if a post is strongly worded, that's not being high and mighty, if that is what you're implying.

:231:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just saying, if a post is strongly worded, that's not being high and mightly, if that is what you're implying.

High and mighty is acting as if you're better than the other side and acting as if everyone else who doesn't agree with you must be misinformed in some way.

Which is exactly what I'm seeing here. People who blindly don't want any changes do the same too.

But whatever. Again, have fun with this charade, I'll be back when it passes.

LOL me being lazy

I actually read what you've said. You don't even back yourself up and go "oh i won't go there".
We weren't talking about that post, I meant my original one.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
High and mighty is acting as if you're better than the other side and acting as if everyone else who doesn't agree with you must be misinformed in some way.

Which is exactly what I'm seeing here. People who blindly don't want any changes do the same too.

But whatever. Again, have fun with this charade, I'll be back when it passes.

We weren't talking about that post, I meant my original one.
Yes, I read that post too. I even replied to it earlier. I brought it up again later as a "by the way". Picking at that one part of it.

And I've said 5 times already, no one is mocking people for not agreeing with the localization. We're mocking them for taking it way too far with a ridiculously pointless campaign and being overly aggressive at the treehouse employees. DO YOU EVEN READ MY POSTS

It's their reactions and entitlement that we find ridiculous, NOT the opinions.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Aren't you doing the same to us? Well, have a nice day.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm sorry, calling people out for acting like whiny brats about something that is pretty much inconsequential is not acting high and mighty.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm sorry, calling people out for acting like whiny brats about something that is pretty much inconsequential is not acting high and mighty.
It all depends honestly.
There is such a thing as "don't shoot the message" after all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking

Why don't bathrooms have literboxes for otherkin?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Literal translations don't work.

You'll get this otherwise.

kylexv

Smash Master
I feel the need to share this video. It's about Youtube and Fair Use, and the Nostalgia Critic sums up the situation very well and gives some possible solutions:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was thinking

Why don't bathrooms have literboxes for otherkin?
Because anthros in furry works still typically behave like humans in most regards?

Also you can teach a cat to use a toilet instead of a litterbox depending on the cat and your level of inclination to do so, so. . .

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Bad move from Kamiya. Really bad move...

At least, she's in Smash, which is a bigger crossover than PXZ. Hopefully a PXZ3 will rectify that.
I wonder.

What if Project X Zone 3 adds another company like Square Enix in the mix.

I think it could actually equal to the level of insanity Smash has

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder.

What if Project X Zone 3 adds another company like Square Enix in the mix.

I think it could actually equal to the level of insanity Smash has
-Square Enix

We would like to announce that Cloud is a solo unit because Square enix wouldn't give us anything else!

Please Look forward to this new Collaboration!

D

Deleted member

So, I decided to test out spotpass battles, things to note:
1) It works under Casual Mode rules, you don't have tp worry much about dying
2) It gives off Dragon Vein Points, not a full point, but about 2/3 with the battle+leaving a pre-made message
3) It gives support points like normal, good way to grind supports in Nohr

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm sorry but if I have to go through another damn discussion about localization changes, I'm not going to be very pleased.

At this point it's so old that I honestly find it annoying.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
On another subject, Hideki Kamiya rejected the opportunity to put :4bayonetta: into Project X Zone 2

... only to regret that decision later.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/25242...pportunity-for-bayonetta-to-be-in-project-x-z
I am REALLY disappointed in Kamiya. As in, my Avi type of sadness. It completely surprised me when Bayonetta didn't get in since she's one of the best SEGA characters out there atm. Bayonetta needs ALL the exposure she can get!

However, I am glad he regrets it. I'm certain he will allow it next time and be more open for future games Bayonetta may appear in.

I don't think I would buy PXZ3 even if it had her & Dante as it's not my type of RPG, but a Bayonetta & DMC crossover is the only way I'll ever experience a DMC game by playing it not LP's/Cutscene Movies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still want Nintendo to join Project X Zone if there is a 3rd one. Fiora and Chrom and Lucina are a start, but I would love to see it expanded to include more Nintendo Ips, maybe even obscure ones as well.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I still want Nintendo to join Project X Zone if there is a 3rd one. Fiora and Chrom and Lucina are a start, but I would love to see it expanded to include more Nintendo Ips, maybe even obscure ones as well.
I kinda want to see Ayumi Tachibana from the Famicom Detective Club series as a unit.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Just leave Mario & Kirby & DK out of it.....that be boring and wouldn't really fit well imo.

They should do humanoid characters, like Samus......or Zelda, Elma, Link , other FE and possibly even some KI team.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Isaac. . .STAY BELOW DECK.

They wouldn't have to keep replacing rowers if you just waited at the stairs for monsters instead of constantly going back to lounge.

. . .Wait, the passenger area is above there.

Then why aren't you waiting at THAT door for monsters to bust in instead of doing whatever you think you're doing?

Isaac fails at his job.

Oh, and of course the ONE time he actually watches the crew, the ship gets rekt by a boss. That's nice.

#GoldenSunProblems

D

Deleted member

Speaking of whining about localization
FB_IMG_1455921025080.jpg

"US version is bigger"
BECAUSE YOU DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE GAME AT ONCE INSTEAD OF THE FIRST 6 CHAPTERS FIRST AND THEN THE REST
The Japanese EShop only accounted for data not yet downloaded

"Names were changed for absolutely no reason"
Names are changed in localizations all the tim, you're just looking for stuff to complain about
Same applies to the skill and class name changes
Most name changes are to represent that classes are not gender-specific anymore(such as Sky Knight) or to fit the setting better(Myrmidion being changed to Samurai for example)
Oddly though, Rod Knight got changed back to Troubadour in the US version

>Complaining about Kanna's line
For ****'s sake...

"Confession lines where shortened"
The meaning is probably the same
Why do people get so angry when a sentence is abreviated?

>Complaining about personality changes
I'm not even gonna bother
And Effie is very different from Sully, the comparison doesn't even make sense

>The last one
Yeah, I'd like to see that interview if it even exists
Because the acting sounds great
Slight correction to what was said earlier with Promoting in Fates.

Reclassing doesn't reset levels. PROMOTING does.
Wait, it's still like previous games?
Geez, I've been hearing since the japanese release that it had changed
Maybe they changed it back in the US version?

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Speaking of whining about localization
View attachment 97840
"US version is bigger"
BECAUSE YOU DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE GAME AT ONCE INSTEAD OF THE FIRST 6 CHAPTERS FIRST AND THEN THE REST
The Japanese EShop only accounted for data not yet downloaded

"Names were changed for absolutely no reason"
Names are changed in localizations all the tim, you're just looking for stuff to complain about
Same applies to the skill and class name changes
Most name changes are to represent that classes are not gender-specific anymore(such as Sky Knight) or to fit the setting better(Myrmidion being changed to Samurai for example)
Oddly though, Rod Knight got changed back to Troubadour in the US version

>Complaining about Kanna's line
For ****'s sake...

"Confession lines where shortened"
The meaning is probably the same
Why do people get so angry when a sentence is abreviated?

>Complaining about personality changes
I'm not even gonna bother
And Effie is very different from Sully, the comparison doesn't even make sense

>The last one
Yeah, I'd like to see that interview if it even exists
Because the acting sounds great

Wait, it's still like previous games?
Geez, I've been hearing since the japanese release that it had changed
Maybe they changed it back the US version?
I just cleared chapter 9, which gives one of the reclass items.
And my staff shop had 2 master seals for purchase.

It's like the reclassing in FE11/12, not Awakening. Effectively a straight swap.

Any unit will have up to 40 levels of growth (Nozu may be an exception because villager). 20 before promotion 20 post.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The best part is that Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. characters would fit right in...and probably be the only characters with English VAs. :p

D

Deleted member

I just cleared chapter 9, which gives one of the reclass items.
And my staff shop had 2 master seals for purchase.

It's like the reclassing in FE11/12, not Awakening. Effectively a straight swap.

Any unit will have up to 40 levels of growth (Nozu may be an exception because villager). 20 before promotion 20 post.
Yeah, I know how it worked
But I had been hearing that using a Master Seal on, say for example, a level 11 Mercenary would promote it to a Level 11 Hero

Also, I ****ed up
I made my Avatar "Dull" which lowers Mag
I thought Dragonstones used Str instead of Mag so now her Manakete abilities are useless
Good thing I gave her Samurai as the secondary class so I'll be able to have my map-clearing Swordmaster on Conquest like I always do

But does Dragon Fang require you to be in one of Corrin's signature classes?
I better make a Staff Shop already though, still don't have one

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, I know how it worked
But I had been hearing that using a Master Seal on, say for example, a level 11 Mercenary would promote it to a Level 11 Hero

Also, I ****ed up
I made my Avatar "Dull" which lowers Mag
I thought Dragonstones used Str instead of Mag so now her Manakete abilities are useless
Good thing I gave her Samurai as the secondary class so I'll be able to have my map-clearing Swordmaster on Conquest like I always do

But does Dragon Fang require you to be in one of Corrin's signature classes?
I better make a Staff Shop already though, still don't have one
Aether and Ignis procced no matter what we reclassed Chrom/Lucina/Cynthia and Robin/AllOfTheirKids into.
Dragon fang should not check for class when proc'd.

Edit: #BlameTakumi count: 3

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just leave Mario & Kirby & DK out of it.....that be boring and wouldn't really fit well imo.

They should do humanoid characters, like Samus......or Zelda, Elma, Link , other FE and possibly even some KI team.
Maybe, but I fee like they would put one mario character in because it's their mascot series.

Honestly Though Mario and Luigi would be fun to have. Have them speak like they do in the Mario And Luigi series as well as take inspiration from there. Maybe have starlow to?. Imagine the dialog(without Starlow),

Dante: Who are these guys, they barely speak any english!?

Ryu: Nah they're cool, We threw back a bit in a match of Super Smash Bros!

Dante: Really!? Damn I was ready to fight these demons!

(Let's throw Bayo in here to)

Bayonnetta: You cheeky demon, your just Jealous of a real demon! We had a smashing time with them!

Also let's make Donkey Kong the solo unit for Mario And Luigi.

DK: Whorah Whroah!

Hiehachi: What is this wild gorilla doing?

Lucina: At least it's not that inferno tiny monkey! If I had to hear HOO HA one more time!

Anyway I still think it best to focus more on more humanoid characters as you said. But cartoony ones may work.

I kinda want to see Ayumi Tachibana from the Famicom Detective Club series as a unit.
That would be a cool choice. She'd fit well with Phoenix wright.
The best part is that Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. characters would fit right in...and probably be the only characters with English VAs. :p
S.T.E.A.M. would make for a really good fit and nice advertising to. Also I would't mind inklings either. Imagine this:

The gang just comes across the city, and the two inklings( male and female) are shooting enemies with paint while Calie and Marie( supports) are singing and attacking with ink based music notes.

Everyone: " What the hell is going on here? And are those kids or are they squids?

Someone goes: You seriously made that joke?

Ulala: Yay a performance! Time to investigate! *Gets on Stage and starts dancing and singing.

It could be really funny to have Nintendo Characters.

Oh and billy hatcher when?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aether and Ignis procced no matter what we reclassed Chrom/Lucina/Cynthia and Robin/AllOfTheirKids into.
Dragon fang should not check for class when proc'd.
Yeah, but I'm worried because the animtions has all that transformation with a special animation and stuff
Maybe each class has a stored special animation for it orbit just uses critical animations
But having access to Vantage and Astra is just too good to pass
What are Corrin's Dark Blood Skills tho?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wouldn't really mind Mario and Luigi, especially if they are based off their Mario & Luigi selves. I would like to see Pit and Palutena too.

I wonder if Pokemon could work too with the Pokemon trainers and all....

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, but I'm worried because the animtions has all that transformation with a special animation and stuff
Maybe each class has a stored special animation for it orbit just uses critical animations
But having access to Vantage and Astra is just too good to pass
What are Corrin's Dark Blood Skills tho?
After battle, enemy’s stats -4

During Attack or Guard Stance, user shares their support unit’s battle skills

D

Deleted member

After battle, enemy’s stats -4

During Attack or Guard Stance, user shares their support unit’s battle skills
Damn, that some good stuff
But that'd take too long for me to get Samurai Corrin
Not getting them isn't that big of a deal tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Damn, that some good stuff
But that'd take too long for me to get Samurai Corrin
Not getting them isn't that big of a deal tho
Well, as the game explains, if you reclass at a level past that of the one that you learn a skill, you will learn them in order at subsequent levels.
For your case, get to say Level 15 in the samurai class for astra.
Heart Seal back to D.B.
Lv16 get the first skill.
Lv17 get the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom