• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I am now disappointed.

What Arthur said: "Listen, Lady Kamui, I wouldn't lie! I'll make you believe a man can prevail!"
What I read: "Listen, Lady Kamui, I wouldn't lie! I'll make you a man, prevail!"

And I was so pumped for GoodGaston to break out into Mulan.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You spent the money, why don't you just play the damn game? Are you really that disinterested in it?
I actually asked for it as a present and was going to pay into the Revelations run from there.

I might play through Birthright, but my whole point was that I didn't want to kill anyone who didn't need to die and the first five chapters only kicked you in the gut harder with that.

If it hadn't been for the exact timing of release I would have been borderline on getting Fates, so as long as I'm feeling ill right now I'm strongly considering just waiting out the 21 days until I can. . .

. . .I feel guilty for not playing it and guilty for the idea of killing either of my families. And I'm cramping. And I feel inadequate as a human being.

Happy Birthday.

D

Deleted member

Pro tip: the water castle is the best looking one
You can change at will but it's much more pleasent looking
I am now disappointed.

What Arthur said: "Listen, Lady Kamui, I wouldn't lie! I'll make you believe a man can prevail!"
What I read: "Listen, Lady Kamui, I wouldn't lie! I'll make you a man, prevail!"

And I was so pumped for GoodGaston to break out into Mulan.
"Big Sister is now big Brother"? :p
I actually asked for it as a present and was going to pay into the Revelations run from there.

I might play through Birthright, but my whole point was that I didn't want to kill anyone who didn't need to die and the first five chapters only kicked you in the gut harder with that.

If it hadn't been for the exact timing of release I would have been borderline on getting Fates, so as long as I'm feeling ill right now I'm strongly considering just waiting out the 21 days until I can. . .

. . .I feel guilty for not playing it and guilty for the idea of killing either of my families. And I'm cramping. And I feel inadequate as a human being.

Happy Birthday.
It's still a full campaign
You should play it if you have it
I'll probably play Birthright after my friend finishes it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The patch WAS done then. He was much more aggressive, and kept lunging at the player, instantly knocking them off the edges
He was still aggressive for me, but I've more or less figured out the bosses through Shovel Knight's campaign.

For Propeller Knight using Plague Knight, I used the Staff of Slashing whenever he tried to lunge through me, since you get invincibility frames if it hits (like with Shovel Knight's slash).

The black and red armour helps too since you don't suffer much knockback with it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Happy Birthday.
The guilt about killing family is the point of Fates. You're a fine human being dear. You're awkward, but so are we. Trust me, you shouldn't push yourself down like that *hug* Remember, women don't get older than 21, so you're still young, and most likely beautiful

Burruni

Smash Hero
Pro tip: the water castle is the best looking one
You can change at will but it's much more pleasent looking

"Big Sister is now big Brother"? :p

It's still a full campaign
You should play it if you have it
I'll probably play Birthright after my friend finishes it
Effie and Hinoka still would be more masculine.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So it seems as though you guys don't really like Amy... And although she's one of my favorite Sonic characters... I can't blame you... She can be pretty annoying sometimes and isn't the most used character, so really, I can completely understand.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So it seems as though you guys don't really like Amy... And although she's one of my favorite Sonic characters... I can't blame you... She can be pretty annoying sometimes and isn't the most used character, so really, I can completely understand.
Amy is fine, she just isn't always handled very well. But you can say this for literally any Sonic character that isn't Eggman.

You should only feel guilty if the judge says so. And I don't see ol' graybeard around anywhere.

While I suppose reminding you that those "families" are simply lines of code is an option, the fact you feel any emotion probably means it's deeper than that. I don't want to pry unless you want me to.

If you are feeling cramps I suggest you rest. No use getting all fired up about something like this.

And you shouldn't feel inadequate. Life is a rollercoaster and not a very well made one. Those bumps and turns can be a bit harsh. I feel inadequate pretty much daily. But I don't think you should let it get you down. Such is the way the world works.

Just keep on moving along and you will feel better. You just have to not worry too much about the little things sometimes and work to make life better. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno about you guys, but I actually don't really mind about the changes made to Effie's personality in the localised version of the game.
What changes?
Effie and Hinoka still would be more masculine.
Don't be so cruel to Hinoka just because she's flat! :troll:
Do it because she's Hoshido trash
Also because Pegasus Riders are my most hated class together with the Berseker and Warriors

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I dunno about you guys, but I actually don't really mind about the changes made to Effie's personality in the localised version of the game.
She's changed? I thought she was just a bit brutish and didn't let people push her around. All I know about localization changes for personality is some guy wanting to **** pickles all the time in the US version

D

Deleted member

Extremely late reply but I just found this. :p
Ash is probably never coming back unless shenanigans happen.
Or a dream match.
Or just a non canon game in general.
Or Nightmare Ash.
Or time traveling nano machines.
Or my bias.
Pls bring back fabolousness.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

...until the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda officially begins.

Is anyone else bummed that Twilight Princess HD will lack the Wiimote/Nunchuk control set? I loved it back when the game originally launched (sure, I can pop my Wii copy in my system but it's not the same).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I heard Massive Hero Soccer Guy is doing that live Famitsu 500th column stream.

Well, I have no questions to ask him but interested in what others want to ask.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
What changes?

Don't be so cruel to Hinoka just because she's flat! :troll:
Do it because she's Hoshido trash
Also because Pegasus Riders are my most hated class together with the Berseker and Warriors
She's changed? I thought she was just a bit brutish and didn't let people push her around. All I know about localization changes for personality is some guy wanting to **** pickles all the time in the US version
There was some reddit thread on /r/games where someone was ******** about how bad it was.

Didn't seem all that bad to me.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Eh, so what about my age, it doesn't matter, not at all...

I just happen to be a really insecure person is all...

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
And not once did you consider the possibility this was the kind of person who'll wet themselves because a single text of dialogue isn't the exact same as the original Japanese version?
Well, it wasn't one line, it was just the personality change between the two versions they were upset about (from having a "shy giant type" personality to a "super macho weightlifting bronchick").

Also I have finally found my source of cringe for the week: http://pastebin.com/QCCcGJZ5
It felt weird going almost all week without it :p

D

Deleted member

Chapter 7 seems to have a well designed map
This is looking promising
Arthur is literally what I expected
"JUSTICE RAINS!"
He might be the first Fighter I acyively use :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, it wasn't one line, it was just the personality change between the two versions they were upset about (from having a "shy giant type" personality to a "super macho weightlifting bronchick").

Also I have finally found my source of cringe for the week: http://pastebin.com/QCCcGJZ5
Those people need to go to an asylum. Gamergate is the worst thing to come from the gaming community, and that **** needs to die out. They are worse than the SJWs they hate

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

"I'm a gamer, and I just want to enjoy my games. I'm having a hard time enjoying Nintendo's games due to their localization team's disregard for the source material by cutting content, shoehorning memes, and infantilizes it's audience."

This is gold.

D

Deleted member

Eh, so what about my age, it doesn't matter, not at all...

I just happen to be a really insecure person is all...
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about it regardless. I was younger than you currently are regardless.

Though I don't show my age either, but mostly because I made my age up just in case. :p

Those people need to go to an asylum. Gamergate is the worst thing to come from the gaming community, and that **** needs to die out. They are worse than the SJWs they hate
... What does this have to do with gamergate? Unless it's no longer what it started has, which had nothing to do with localization, but journal ethics. :p

But I haven't kept on with it for awhile, so the meaning may of changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've said it once, I'll say it again:

People seem to forget that localization changes has been around even before the NES days.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So... Sakurai confirmed he's doing a livestream on March 10th to answer fan questions and I'm currently thinking WHY NO ONE IS FREAKING HYPED ABOUT THIS.

It's rare that the man interacts with his fanbase at all or even answers questions from the fans directly. This could be our chance to uncover heavy duty information we have never seen out in the wild and have many unanswered questions be finally answered.

This is extremely huge and I feel could lead to a lot of cool things being uncovered. This is why this could be extremely important. The fact that we can ask the big guy directly is a dream come true lol.
I can imagine it now:

" Who are the biggest characters in Smash, and why is it Ridley? And why is he to big?"

"Why do you hate K rool?"

"What fanbases dreams are you going to crush next?

" When will you free wolf?"

But I'm seriously looking forward to what comes of this!

inb4 Sakurai keeps getting questions 'WHY NO DK REPS?!' 'Y U HATE DK?!' 'WHAT ABOUT METROID?!?'
Lol this is going to be so true.
ALL OF YOU PPL TALKING ABOUT FATES ARE MAKING ME JELLY
Same, I want it but won't be able to get it yet.
It's not that she's annoying( her personality is great in Sonic boom), it's that she has importance really.

Tails, Eggman and knuckles are more known and more important to the series then her. Which is why it would make more sense for one of them to be added before her.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about it regardless. I was younger than you currently are regardless.

Though I don't show my age either, but mostly because I made my age up just in case. :p

... What does this have to do with gamergate? Unless it's no longer what it started has, which had nothing to do with localization, but journal ethics. :p

But I haven't kept on with it for awhile, so the meaning may of changed.
Gamergate changed into 'HATE EVERYTHING THE MEANIES CHANGE IN OUR GAMES!' or 'HATE EVERYTHING SJWS LIKE!' These idiots also claimed Obama was pandering to SJWs by legalizing gay marriage

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It doesn't really matter, let's just change the topic...

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I added Dank Pit and Goosina to my roster after realizing that they'll still have Amiibo, (Are you happy now @Zoroarking?) and I've got to say that I'm not sure about this layout...

Vididi isn't with the rest of her series, and neither is Fox with his series, or Shulk for that matter...

I don't know...

But regardless what do you think of it?

D

Deleted member

I've said it once, I'll say it again:

People seem to forget that localization changes has been around even before the NES days.
Exactly.

Okay, now I know what Anna's talking about. For an example, I remember some guy I know ranting about how they made poison a guy in the localized final fight to suck up to the SJWs... Even though there weren't any back then.

Localization's just always been that, they've always made all sorts of changes.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just realized I have unfinished copies of Golden Sun and Earthbound on my Wii U that I've been neglecting.

Not sure I'm in the mood for an emotional story right now after playing the Pre-Branch of Fates, so Golden Sun it is.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People suddenly need to complain about localization changes, despite them being the norm in the industry.

Coincidentally (or not), all the games that sparked such debates all involved toning down fanservice (as in, toning down sexy outfits and similar things).

Doesn't seem too coincidental to me, looking at things from this perspective.

People would be better off being honest and say "we want to stare at anime girls and pet them because we find them sexy" than putting on a self-righteous demeanor in order to make themselves feel like they're right.

They're only lying, especially to themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom