• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I doubt third party limitations are a problem for Sonic characters...since y'know that franchise is already quite prevalent in the game...I'd also doubt Shadow would take priority over Tails, Eggman or Knuckles to be the next playable character anyway since they are more iconic characters...
Also I forgot, why would Elec-Man be playable, I mean he is my favorite Robot Master, but over other options?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I doubt third party limitations are a problem for Sonic characters...since y'know that franchise is already quite prevalent in the game...I'd also doubt Shadow would take priority over Tails, Eggman or Knuckles to be the next playable character anyway since they are more iconic characters...
I'd like Tails if he uses Gadgets
I'd like Knuckles if his moveset was inspired by Sonic Battle
And Eggman would be an immediate "YES" as long as they don't pull anything from Sonic Riders
If you've ever played as Eggman in Sonic Riders 1, you know what I'm talking about. :4wario2:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shadow could get in by virtue of the fact he is the second most popular Sonic character.

Even the Season Finale of Sonic Boom made a joke about this.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
>Enemy with 2hp
Kaze: "Your pain shall pass!"
....2 percent crit.
For 9 damage.
Was that really needed, kid?
Fire Emblem in a nutshell.
- Normal hit on enemy leaves therm nearly dead
- Next hit is a critical hit.

There's no kill like Overkill though

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nice question. This is also something I would like to know from him since he should be aware of Nintendo's half license over the series.

With characters like Duck Hunt and Bayonetta in the roster, I don't see why a Fatal Frame character would be seen as impossible.
Smash 3DS/Wii U's batch of newcomers convinced me more than anything that Sakurai can make any character in Smash, no matter how outlandish they may be.

This is the game that added Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta in one go.

Doesn't fight? No problem.
Too sexual? We can tone down.
Not Nintendo enough? They aren't direct competitors anyway.
Guns? So what?

Not to mention the very unorthodox movesets added this time around. SF inputs, Limit Breaks, weapon durability, KO meters, almost every move being projectiles, holding button to fire guns, Monado Arts and so on.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
With characters like Duck Hunt and Bayonetta in the roster, I don't see why a Fatal Frame character would be seen as impossible.
You're damn right. The only reason why I would see him saying it's impossible is for rights issues.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I doubt anybody would truly mind if sonic got another rep.I mean of all of the 3rd parties i say sonic and megaman have the closest ties to nintendo,most of the sonic cast is iconic, and smash 5 would be what sonic 3rd appearance in the series(thats if he comes back).And all honestly if the fanbase can just focus on one character and boost enough support for that one character i see us getting another one

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually if Sonic got another character I'd want it to be dis gurl,

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai's mindset in regards to designing characters in Smash is essentially "if I can envision it, if I can do it, then I will; if I can't, I won't".

Of course, this is disregarding other issues like scheduling, time and resource constraints.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo NYC officially opens today (re-branded Nintendo World Store).

Miyamoto sent a little commemorative drawing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I doubt anybody would truly mind if sonic got another rep.I mean of all of the 3rd parties i say sonic and megaman have the closest ties to nintendo,most of the sonic cast is iconic, and smash 5 would be what sonic 3rd appearance in the series(thats if he comes back).And all honestly if the fanbase can just focus on one character and boost enough support for that one character i see us getting another one
1. You underestimate how venomous both the haters and his actual "fanbase" are.

2. The broken base wouldn't dare to settle between the three we have now, with Tails having the credentials, Eggman having the villain appeal that runs support bases these days, and Knuckles having the logic process of his already being a punching character and thus ready made for a fighting game (despite Sakurai specifically saying that he picks characters for being MORE unusual rather than less. . .)

Anyway, you guys know which Bane in FE:F is for HP? And they didn't tweak it so it permanently keeps your HP below the 80HP level, did they?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also I forgot, why would Elec-Man be playable, I mean he is my favorite Robot Master, but over other options?
I'm not too big on the megaman series myself...
But I would think Zero or Protoman would be the next best options...

D

Deleted member

"This one isn't afraid to die"
Gunther is already giving off Frederick vibes and I love it
Also, Hans is so stupid
DON'T ATTACK SAMURAIS IN PAIR UP IF ALL YOU HAVE IS AN AXE

D

Deleted member

This is after Corrin said she's not hurt
WVW69i6VAsYf78iroR.jpg

She then proceeded to kill the enemy units
Sometimes I don't understand why people don't like Camilla

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well...
Azura's backstory is... an interesting clash.
Also, why am I going back to Nohr?
#BlameTakumi

Edit: Also Fire Emblem's 9/11.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Next Sonic character in Smash should be Eggman.
Mike Pollock
One of the most frequent characters
Mike Pollock
Main antagonist more often than not.
MIKE POLLOCK.

Did I mention Mike Pollock?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Next Sonic character in Smash should be Eggman.
Mike Pollock
One of the most frequent characters
Mike Pollock
Main antagonist more often than not.
MIKE POLLOCK.

Did I mention Mike Pollock?
Make him a stage boss. He'll get just as many voice clips anyway. :troll:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bass > Zero > Protoman > All
megaman_x4__zero_sprite_animation_by_darkelfaqua-d4rorvk.gif

Zero is better than Bass in my opinion.
Also, everyone know that Roll is the best Robot in the MM Universe. She can use a ****ing broom to attack. Who need sword or a Mega Buster with this!:yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

Some Fates stuff
Of course Gunter "dies" right after I start liking him
I say "die" because I don't believe you, game!
Lillith is cool
She pulls off a Deus ex Machina
A nice one tho

Burruni

Smash Hero
I wish they didn't hamfist Garon being so evil. Like... really..

Why the HELL would Sumeragi bring their INFANT/TODDLER CHILD TO A DIPLOMATIC MISSION IN A KINGDOM WITH WHICH YOU ARE AT WITH WAR?!

Edit: #BlameTakumi counter: 2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know who said you can't unequip weapons
But you actually can
Though it only starts showing up on Chapter 4

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I wish they did hamfist Garon being so evil.

Why the HELL would Sumeragi bring their INFANT/TODDLER CHILD TO A DIPLOMATIC MISSION IN A KINGDOM WITH WHICH YOU ARE AT WITH WAR?!
He wanted to make Garon chuckle but he forgot that Garon doesn't chuckle.
VA jokes boy

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A Palutena's Guidance for Corrin in English could be rife with VA jokes given Pit's voice actor is in Fates.

Like, Pit and Dark Pit suddenly acting like Percy and Silas with Palutena and Viridi going WTF.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
FINALLY just went ahead and started.

I'm treated to a Prologue full of both sides whining over who gets me and suddenly after I actually start I wake up surrounded by maids.

O-KAY THEN. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom