• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh my god ARthur sounds like Captain Qwark. I will never be unable to unhear that. help.

"Sakurai will be answering questions"

The only question I care for
"How do you feel about the future of the Kid Icarus series"

Questions that will be asked

*Kirby related question*
*smash questions galore*
*something about his cat*
I always knew Ratchet and Clank and Kid Icarus had something in common. :troll:

I'm waiting for someone to fetch Birthright as we speak so I can start my journey and then give everyone what they deserve by paying $20 to tell both sides to shove it before proceeding to win everyone's love.

It gonna be fun watching everyone gawk as I dodge their stupid and Take A Third Option. :troll: :troll: :troll:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I want to ask Sakurai about the lack of a Bandana Dee trophy, as I find the absence of one to be rather strange. I'd also like to know about what happened to the Tharja trophy, why Rayman is a trophy in the first place, if Fiora was considered as a cross-promotional character, and why there were so many third-parties as DLC characters despite the fact that Nintendo characters would be easier to make and negotiate the rights to.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Decided to turn my age off, I'm pretty ambiguous in terms of it, so I didn't feel it was necessary.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I want to ask Sakurai about the lack of a Bandana Dee trophy, as I find the absence of one to be rather strange. I'd also like to know about what happened to the Tharja trophy, why Rayman is a trophy in the first place, if Fiora was considered as a cross-promotional character, and why there were so many third-parties as DLC characters despite the fact that Nintendo characters would be easier to make and negotiate the rights to.
Because he's awesome. The question you should be asking is what stopped him being playable?
Also replace Fiora with Elma. Far more recent and so likely.

Everything else is fine.

Apart from the absence of
questions. :4darkpit:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Because he's awesome. The question you should be asking is what stopped him being playable?
Also replace Fiora with Elma. Far more recent and so likely.

Everything else is fine.

Apart from the absence of
questions. :4darkpit:
Like why Dark Pit was playable?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
big RWBY spoilers but some clarifications and info

"-Miles had a big grin when one of the hosts speculated about Jaune dying"
Considering what they did to Pyrrha that gif is even more appropriate.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually let me add in one more question, why was Ashley an Assist Trophy?

I mean there's literally no reason she couldn't have been playable other then technical limitations or something like that, she's got uniqueness, relevancy, and popularity, I really don't see why they decided to opt out including her.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Like why Dark Pit was playable?
Because he was programmed as an alt and was an easier conversion into a clone than Alph because of the weapons more associated with him in Uprising that had difference to the ones Pit uses in Smash while Alph's only difference in arsenal would be rock pikmin. Ontop of this, Sakurai owns the authority to Uprising content and thus its far easier for him to use and take liberties with.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

I mean there's literally no reason she couldn't have been playable other then technical limitations or something like that, she's got uniqueness, relevancy, and popularity, I really don't see why they decided to opt out including her.
I guess they felt there were other better choices they could add. Pretty much the main reason why any character who isn't playable didn't make it.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that finds it odd that Fem Corrin in Smash is the second female build?
Then again, the first one looks much younger and the second male one looks older so I guess they wanted both to have the same age
Also, you can set the secondary class, including an exclusive one
So I'm putting Samurai if I ever want her to be one lol

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh lawd it's SF4 all over again.

Here's concept art for SFV characters

image.png

image.jpeg

That Laura design made me hate her current design now and I was neutral towards it before but now, I can't stand looking at it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I want to ask Sakurai why he never added Dixie Kong since she was relevant.

Dead serious here.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I wish they gave Robin and Corrin different hairstyles for their alts

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Damn, I've done it a while ago, but I realized once more that the Assassination Classroom manga is about to end.

This is the manga that got me into manga overall in the first place, so I can't help but feel bittersweet about it, but at least this won't be a manga that will drag forever with the quality plummeting down.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

you could ask that for almost any Assist Trophy...

well cept Takamaru, because we already know why he's not playable...and except those with less than conventional body types like Andross and Metroid, but you get my point...

(Mashpotato Samurai Y U NO MIDNA DARK SAMUS!?!?!?)

Am I the only one that finds it odd that Fem Corrin in Smash is the second female build?
Then again, the first one looks much younger and the second male one looks older so I guess they wanted both to have the same age
Also, you can set the secondary class, including an exclusive one
So I'm putting Samurai if I ever want her to be one lol
Pretty sure both male and female Robins had the medium builds as well...that's what their defaults were so I'm not surprised that Corrin's the same...

----

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna get off my ass and go get the game now...instead of talking about it...but I'm probably not going to be able to play it till later since I got to work...stupid work...

Chrono.

That Laura design made me hate her current design now and I was neutral towards it before but now, I can't stand looking at it
I don't mind Birdie's current design but wtf Laura looked so much better there.

I hope it's a costume down the line at least.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I want to ask Sakurai why he never added Dixie Kong since she was relevant.

Dead serious here.
She was certainly relevant, but not as relevant as Corrin with his game coming out to be the perfect choice for Smash DLC.

For the base game, I'm guessing they only had the time to do near-clones and was not able to do semi-clones. I'm highly sure Dixie was considered.

Burruni

Smash Hero
There's one feature removed that nobody talked about.
You can't un-equip your allies in Fates.
You can't use a prepromote paladin as an unkillable wall to block enemies without them attacking back if they're at close range.

D

Deleted member

well cept Takamaru, because we already know why he's not playable...and except those with less than conventional body types like Andross and Metroid, but you get my point...

Pretty sure both male and female Robins had the medium builds as well...that's what their defaults were so I'm not surprised that Corrin's the same...

----

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna get off my *** and go get the game now...instead of talking about it...but I'm probably not going to be able to play it till later since I got to work...stupid work...
Fates only has two builds
The first male one is Smash Corrin aka default on and the second is an older looking one
The first female one has a young looking build and the second one is the one used in Smash

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't mind Birdie's current design but wtf Laura looked so much better there.

I hope it's a costume down the line at least.
Well there's also this:
image.jpeg

Or how I like to call it, how KOF14 would look if they actually tried

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just got Fates: Conquest.

It's been nice knowing you guys...

Forrest is gonna take care of precious Kanna
Just hope Male Kanna isn't like Male Morgan compared to his Female counterpart(Fem Morgan is a beautiful cinnamon roll)
Fates has a ****ty Est so I'm gonna pretend she doesn't exist
**** Mozu, the Drug Dealer
I think you mean Midori, Mozu is Killager, Modori is Chica Verde.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

You think that Laura design looks better?

Eh. I'm not really feeling it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
All of you people getting your copies, rawr! I'm jealous since I can't my copy yet.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

----

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna get off my *** and go get the game now...instead of talking about it...but I'm probably not going to be able to play it till later since I got to work...stupid work...
And Shadow because he's third-party.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Damn, I've done it a while ago, but I realized once more that the Assassination Classroom manga is about to end.

This is the manga that got me into manga overall in the first place, so I can't help but feel bittersweet about it, but at least this won't be a manga that will drag forever with the quality plummeting down.
Well all things good must come to an end. I'm just glad that Matsui Sensei is sticking with his guns and not milking AC too long. We all know what happened with Beelzebub when it was stretched and cancellation happened because of low positions throughout.

I hope they find the best way to end it all. Either have Koro-Sensei die from the government's hands or will they give him a chance to live.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Another question: Were some of the Mii Costumes actually compensation prizes for characters picked from the ballot?

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
its a minor nitpick but i wish you could change the skin color of your MU.Like i said its a super minor nitpick but i wouldn't hate the option make an black or blue MU

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well all things good must come to an end. I'm just glad that Matsui Sensei is sticking with his guns and not milking AC too long. We all know what happened with Beelzebub when it was stretched and cancellation happened because of low positions throughout.

I hope they find the best way to end it all. Either have Koro-Sensei die from the government's hands or will they give him a chance to live.
I hope Koro-sensei is killed by the students. He begs for it, so I think it would be the best ending if the killing was done by his students, as the story has been suggesting since the beginning.

But yeah, milking it would have ruined the series' quality. At least, it's ending as the author envisioned.

Still bittersweet, though. I guess I can marathon the anime when the second season ends.

Another question: Were some of the Mii Costumes actually compensation prizes?
Very likely IMO.

Especially with costumes like Geno and K. Rool.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My big question would be Sakurai's thoughts on a Fatal Frame fighter in Smash. Some things I might want to hear is if Tecmo is strict with the IP, would he be able to work the girls as fighters, if certain elements of the series might be too dark for Smash, or is the series only worthy of a just trophy cameos.

These are my main concerns since I've been a fan of the series since the PS2 days. This could tell me if it might be too impossible for the future to have Yuuri in Smash.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I doubt people will really be interested in this right now, what with FE: Fates being the big highlight right now, but I feel like sharing anyway.

There's this really cool Sonic fan game called "Sonic Overture" that I played a demo of a while back. It's my most anticipated fan project right now, and has been for a while (in relation to anything). I've been looking forward to it as if it were the next mainline Sonic game.

Sonic Retro did a little spotlight article on it, so I thought I'd share it since it gives some good info on the project.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2016/02/15426/

The concept of the game is that it's supposed to be a prequel to Sonic 1, which is why it interests me so much (as I do really want SEGA/Sonic Team to officially make that). But it's not just that, it's how they are handling it. Instead of just making a ton of stuff up, they researched a lot of early and scrapped Sonic 1 concepts and promotional material, and found enough to use as a basis for this game. One of my favourite instances of this is that they took an early concept of Sonic where he was a rabbit, and turned it into an independent, separate character.

Besides all that though, it's just a really good Classic Sonic game. Really nice, 32-bit graphics, rock solid physics, and a FANTASTIC soundtrack.

So yeah, I just felt like sharing it. It's really cool stuff.

You can click this link to immediately start downloading the SAGE 2014 Demo if you want to try it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My big question would be Sakurai's thoughts on a Fatal Frame fighter in Smash. Some things I might want to hear is if Tecmo is strict with the IP, would he be able to work the girls as fighters, if certain elements of the series might be too dark for Smash, or is the series only worthy of a just trophy cameos.

These are my main concerns since I've been a fan of the series since the PS2 days. This could tell me if it might be too impossible for the future to have Yuuri in Smash.
Nice question. This is also something I would like to know from him since he should be aware of Nintendo's half license over the series.

With characters like Duck Hunt and Bayonetta in the roster, I don't see why a Fatal Frame character would be seen as impossible.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
And Shadow because he's third-party.
I doubt third party limitations are a problem for Sonic characters...since y'know that franchise is already quite prevalent in the game...I'd also doubt Shadow would take priority over Tails, Eggman or Knuckles to be the next playable character anyway since they are more iconic characters...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom