• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So... Sakurai confirmed he's doing a livestream on March 10th to answer fan questions and I'm currently thinking WHY NO ONE IS FREAKING HYPED ABOUT THIS.

It's rare that the man interacts with his fanbase at all or even answers questions from the fans directly. This could be our chance to uncover heavy duty information we have never seen out in the wild and have many unanswered questions be finally answered.

This is extremely huge and I feel could lead to a lot of cool things being uncovered. This is why this could be extremely important. The fact that we can ask the big guy directly is a dream come true lol.
I hope there's a question relating to the future of Kid Icarus.

Maybe he will give us a hint that even if he doesn't want to, someone else will make a new game. Oh and of course, a hundred Smash Bros questions too.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Personally I would hold my breath for a lot of Smash related questions to get picked.

The examples they give in the Famitsu article to submit the questions (which btw you need a phyiscal Japanese address to do) are:
"What are your thoughts about a game you've played in the past/ recently"
and
"A simple question about the game industry"

Most people don't realize this, but Sakurai writes a lot (500 columns so far!), and a lot of it isn't about his own games/ Smash. We haven't translated a lot those columns as the Smash ones took precedent. I think we've done 33/499 so far.

Sakurai's Column on talking about God Hand/ other games are about as common, if not more so than Smash. Since this is more about a celebration of his columns, I'd expect those kinds of questions to take precedent (of course, Smash questions could still happen). I actually have a list of all the columns Soma/ I made for the translation team at SG/ for our patreons. I should calculate it...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's probably not gonna happen, but I hope someone asks Sakurai about Rosalina's inclusion in Smash.

She's the only newcomer where he hasn't elaborated on her inclusion in any way, as far as I can remember (i.e why he included her, challenges her inclusion presented, how strict Koizumi was with how she is represented, etc).

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"Sakurai, what's the deal with the lack of music tracks on Midgar? And could you also elaborate on stuff regarding Snake in SSB4? What did Kojima or Konami say?"

Hope senpai notices me o///o

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When you're browsing tumblr and it appears someone is prepping for an idea you happened to also be thinking of...

Welp, there goes that idea.

That's twice this week.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
PIT. WHAT AR- PIT!!!!! ....................................................Ahhahaha! Isn't it obvious? He quit!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I refuse to use that unit.Pit's voice in some FE's anime dudes body? **** no. Kill it with phyre.
Tsk. Implying Pit isn't an anime dude.

Or any Kid Icarus: Uprising character isn't anime styled.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So... Sakurai confirmed he's doing a livestream on March 10th to answer fan questions and I'm currently thinking WHY NO ONE IS FREAKING HYPED ABOUT THIS.

It's rare that the man interacts with his fanbase at all or even answers questions from the fans directly. This could be our chance to uncover heavy duty information we have never seen out in the wild and have many unanswered questions be finally answered.

This is extremely huge and I feel could lead to a lot of cool things being uncovered. This is why this could be extremely important. The fact that we can ask the big guy directly is a dream come true lol.
Oh that's pretty neat. *inb4 he gets a ton of "why no DK rep, Metroid, Wolf in Smash" related questions and whatnot*

I hope he gets some questions in regards to the future of Kid Icarus and maybe his next project....

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Are there any animes that take place in a fudal Japanese setting?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even if that voice was something non-anime....it would be soooo wierd to me. Pits voice for Pit and Pit alone!
It's kinda hilarious in hindsight considering Corrin is in Smash alongside Pit, though.

And what did you expect from the same voice actor doing a similar role? Both characters are young, dorky characters, so the voice kinda fits.

It is weird, but you could say the same about Laura Bailey voicing Lucina using a voice she does in Saints Row.

Or any villain voiced by Norio Wakamoto sounding the exact same.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Boku no Pico
You can trust me on that one
THIS IS A NEW AND ORIGINAL JOKE.

As for the Awakening expies (Odin, Laslow, Selena, Rhajat, Asugi and Caeldori), it's great that they brought the same voice actors back. Same for Anna and the amiibo FE characters.

Nintendo has been doing a better job in regards to VAing than they used to, the worst offender being the Star Fox series that had multiple cast replacements whereas the Japanese cast had remained consistent. Though I feel the voice direction of FE Fates isn't on par with Awakening's.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lmao, these names.
They're anagrams. lol

They're also anagrams in the Japanese version (considering the official romanizations, not the kana/romaji). Caeldori is Matoi, while Cordelia is Tiamo. Same for Rhajat (Syalla) and Tharja (Sallya).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's kinda hilarious in hindsight considering Corrin is in Smash alongside Pit, though.

And what did you expect from the same voice actor doing a similar role? Both characters are young, dorky characters, so the voice kinda fits.

It is weird, but you could say the same about Laura Bailey voicing Lucina using a voice she does in Saints Row.

Or any villain voiced by Norio Wakamoto sounding the exact same.
Yeah, speaking of Saints Row Lucina:

http://youtu.be/d7vegVkBvMI

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Laura Bailey basically uses more or less the same voice for a lot of her roles. She's like the Johnny Yong Bosch of female anime/game voice actors.

When I first heard Lucina, all I could think of was:

Lucina won't be doing any S-Supports, it seems...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Laura Bailey basically uses more or less the same voice for a lot of her roles. She's like the Johnny Yong Bosch of female anime/game voice actors.

When I first heard Lucina, all I could think of was:

Lucina won't be doing any S-Supports, it seems...
She's a Kamen Rider too, meaning she'd sooner die than marry if previous female Riders are any indication

D

Deleted member

HE'S JUST A KID. FOR THAT, I'M NOT TELLING YOU ANNA'S LINES
HE'S PROBABLY OLDER THAN ME THOUGH
JUST TELL ME LADY LUCK'S QUOTES
THIS IS A NEW AND ORIGINAL JOKE.

As for the Awakening expies (Odin, Laslow, Selena, Rhajat, Asugi and Caeldori), it's great that they brought the same voice actors back. Same for Anna and the amiibo FE characters.

Nintendo has been doing a better job in regards to VAing than they used to, the worst offender being the Star Fox series that had multiple cast replacements whereas the Japanese cast had remained consistent. Though I feel the voice direction of FE Fates isn't on par with Awakening's.
>Expies
>Odin, Laslow and Selena
I got news for you buddy
Can't wait for Selena to misteriously disappear in one of the routes and die in south Nohr

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
HE'S PROBABLY OLDER THAN ME THOUGH
JUST TELL ME LADY LUCK'S QUOTES

>Expies
>Odin, Laslow and Selena
I got news for you buddy
Can't wait for Selena to misteriously disappear in one of the routes and die in south Nohr
NUH UH I KNOW FOR A FACT YOU'RE OLDER! Though here's one line I found interesting...
'That little pleb Zoroarking thinks Est units are great completely ignoring how you need to baby them, what a maroon'

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In all seriousness, I'd want to know Sakurai's opinion on certain characters I want. Bandana Waddle Dee, Daitoryo, a Fossil Fighters rep, etc.
Essentially this, of course:

>Expies
>Odin, Laslow and Selena
I got news for you buddy
Yes, I know what you're talking about, but I wanted to keep the post simple.

I don't always like to go in details to make a point, you see...

D

Deleted member

NUH UH I KNOW FOR A FACT YOU'RE OLDER! Though here's one line I found interesting...
'That little pleb Zoroarking thinks Est units are great completely ignoring how you need to baby them, what a maroon'
How old is Nintenzilla then?

Yes, I have to baby them
But that's the point
They're my beautiful babies
My beautiful babies that can kick ass, kill all powerful dark wizards and punch denon kings in the face
I don't always like to go in details to make a point, you see...
I'm gonna pretend I believe that
EDIT:
Very funny...
See? He found it funny
Yeah I know it was bad already guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How old is Nintenzilla then?

Yes, I have to baby them
But that's the point
They're my beautiful babies
My beautiful babies that can kick ***, kill all powerful dark wizards and punch denon kings in the face

I'm gonna pretend I believe that
EDIT:

See? He found it funny
Yeah I know it was bad already guys
Click on his profile you dolt :p
THEN WHY DON'T YOU LET FORREST TAKE CAR OF YOUR BABIES! YOUR LOVING HUSBAND WANTS TO HELP!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Judging by your behaviour in the past, I anticipated you were a few years younger actually, meaning either you lied about your age to get past the age restriction, or you matured a bit later
HAHAHA! ZOROARKING WON'T GET TO KNOW WHAT HIS BELOVED'S VOICE WILL SOUND LIKE YET!
I was going through a depression actually, so I had been acting a bit differently then normal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom