• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That game pisses me off.

Oh hey a 2D Sega fighting game where you can fight in multiple Sega universes

WHY THE **** IS THE INCEST SISTER AND KIRITO IN THIS GAME FIGHTING AKIRA FROM VIRTUA FIGHTER AND SELVELRIA FROM VALKYRIA CHRONICLES?

No Axel Stone, no Kazuya from Yazuka series, no other VF characters, no Ulala, no Buse and even no Joe Musashi. This game upset me, especially when the gameplay is great.

Pit what are you doing
Pit stahp
Same reason why Wreck it Ralph and Danica Patrick are driving alongside the same Ulala and Joe Musashi you're missing, I guess.

What is this game, though? I don't remember seeing anything like this before now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That game pisses me off.

Oh hey a 2D Sega fighting game where you can fight in multiple Sega universes

WHY THE **** IS THE INCEST SISTER AND KIRITO IN THIS GAME FIGHTING AKIRA FROM VIRTUA FIGHTER AND SELVELRIA FROM VALKYRIA CHRONICLES?

No Axel Stone, no Kazuya from Yazuka series, no other VF characters, no Ulala, no Buse and even no Joe Musashi. This game upset me, especially when the gameplay is great.

Pit what are you doing
Pit stahp
But Leafa (forgot her real name) isn't Kirito's sister.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Same reason why Wreck it Ralph and Danica Patrick are driving alongside the same Ulala and Joe Musashi you're missing, I guess.

What is this game, though? I don't remember seeing anything like this before now.
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, I assume.
Only fighting game I know that has the Nuclear Valkyrie.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Do any of you guys have any characters that you want in Smash that feel like a "guilty pleasure"?

:094:
Midna kinda is but kinda isn't...Dark Samus I feel actually deserves a spot in Smash, even though she's not Ridley (which honestly shouldn't matter really)

In terms of actual Guilty Pleasures...
-Tifa <3
-Weavile

-Crash Bandicoot (sorta, he's a gaming icon...or was...it's complicated)
-Tai'Fu (From an old PS1 title; an Anthropomorphic Tiger Warrior that can utilizes abilities from other animal clans doing all sorts of neat Kung Fu tricks, think of a world that's like a slightly more serious Kung Fu Panda, that's pretty much what this game is)
-Commander Sheperd (I think he'd be cool, could use both biotic and tech abilities as well as use Medi-gel for some personal power ups and close range melee)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
But Leafa (forgot her real name) isn't Kirito's sister.
I was talking about Oreimo.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is the name of the game.

It's a fighting game with a bunch of anime characters fighting in Sega universes
Or AKA, the only reason to care about this game is this track

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was talking about Oreimo.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is the name of the game.

It's a fighting game with a bunch of anime characters fighting in Sega universes
Or AKA, the only reason to care about this game is this track

*looks up roster*

. . .What on earth IS this thing?. . .

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let's be honest, Sanic would have been playable in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. Because of now, the only things that makes me care for the game is Durarara! and Valkyria Chronicles.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Miss Rosalina doesn't seem to realise that floating around on the streets in a leotard is a little weird in our Earthly society.

Also she still floats in this game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let's be honest, Sanic would have been playable in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. Because of now, the only things that makes me care for the game is Durarara! and Valkyria Chronicles.

Gotta go fast, and solo the Dengeki Bunko universe.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Except this pattern of not releasing the full content with the base games but then adding such content to the third version is something GameFreak has been doing for a while; one of these added contents includes adding more locations to visit in the region compared to the base game. I mean, look at Emerald and Platinum and compare them to their base games. Their third versions brought a number of changes that many argued, "Gee, I guess buying Ruby/Sapphire/Diamond/Pearl was for nothing when I could've just bought the third version only, as it ended up having much more content for the complete experience."

With Pokemon Black and White's case, however, not only did they add more new content compared to the base games, but they also decided to go the sequel route, and with this game, they brought in quite the number of new areas to explore, adding much more to the region. It's thanks to such changes that now you had to both Black/White and Black2/White for the complete experience.

With a generation 6.5, it'd be best to once again use a sequel route to tie in with the expanded map changes and added Pokemon. With the southern Kalos example, the southern region is what you would explore during the main story, while the northern region would be the postgame, similar to how you explored Johto during the main story in G/S and Kanto in the postgame. In fact, being able to explore two regions this way is something fans have been wanted to see return for years.

And let's not forget that there are still plenty of mysteries left to be solved from both X/Y and OR/AS's stories. Simply making addition's to X/Y's plot wouldn't be as interesting as a sequel route where you could explore more to a region, where such answers could be found in a yet-to-be-explored area of a region, and perhaps some of the new Pokemon in this unexplored area of a region could even tie in with answering the mysteries that the 6th generation games raise.
i see your point. but not releasing all the pokemon in a single generation seems a bit odd, but i have nothing against it. i'm just thinking some people won't like that. either way gen 7 or 6.5 i want more news about it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Gotta go fast, and solo the Dengeki Bunko universe.
I almost forgot that Sanic is a galaxy buster who moves 500 times the speed of light, so that match-up would be extremely one-sided. All he would have to do is 360 noscope those anime punks to death or use his Sanic Ball form.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well.
I'm off to sleep.
Spending tomorrow morning getting Fates and then playing it while waiting for my car to get its oil changed and a light replaced.
I leave you with one thought.

Yoshi's Island happens because Kamek used the forces of the Toadies to kidnap children to be playmates for Baby Bowser and from there the young prince is raised in revenge against yoshi and Mario which starts off the rest of the series.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
i see your point. but not releasing all the pokemon in a single generation seems a bit odd, but i have nothing against it. i'm just thinking some people won't like that. either way gen 7 or 6.5 i want more news about it.
On the other hand, one of the biggest complaints of Gen 6 was the lack of new pokemon, the least thus far...bascially doubling the amount of Pokemon in a new game despite it not being a new generation will enhance the experience even further, making it feel like a new game entirely...
Most follow-up titles only had a little bit of additional content, most of the time it was mainly story related...B2/W2 was an exception but in terms of pokemon for the most part was B/W with some previous Gen pokes thrown in...nothing new from the first game...

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I actually own Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, ordered it when it first came out in Japan. It's a decent anime fighting game but the character roster is really small. I haven't played it in months but I remember Shana being like the best character in the game along with Asuna. Kuroyukihime was more technical to learn. I do have to agree that Sonic stage and the music is probably the best part of the game. Selvaria and Akira being in the game is pretty cool too despite not being Dengeki Bunko characters and rather just Sega, so Sonic being playable could've easily been possible. They released another version of the game called Igniton with balance patches and some additional characters but I'm passing up on that. It's one of those games where you'll play for a bit and never really touch it again.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Anyone wanna tell me how to readjust myself to learning moves in Street Fighter after skipping pretty much the entire Street Fighter IV series?

Because right now I'm just a button mashing mess in 5.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
so do you guys still think were getting four more characters?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Do any of you guys have any characters that you want in Smash that feel like a "guilty pleasure"?

Zero. His hypothetical inclusion would not only make him a third Capcom character, but also one from an already represented third party franchise. I'm sure plenty (or at least a vocal minority) of people here on Smashboards are against him for that reason alone.

Now take the words "Zero" and "Capcom" and replace them with "Tails"/"Knuckles"/"Eggman" and "Sega", respectively.

Speaking of Capcom, Strider Hiryu is one of my mains in the Marvel vs. Capcom series as well as one of my favorite Capcom characters in general and I'd love to have him in Smash. However, his creation was a joint project with Capcom and a manga company named Moto Kikaku, and the manga was released prior to its arcade and NES video game counterparts, so he might be technically ineligible for Smash despite his presence in other crossover games involving Capcom.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I went a few pages back and almost flipped out when I saw Chitoge is in Super Mario Maker. Chitoge from Nisekoi, of all things?! Honestly thought that was a joke but it's actually real, wow. That's pretty darn funny though. It just makes Super Mario Maker more exciting with these guest characters being costumes, even if it's the more obscure choices. Keep the surprises coming, Nintendo. Although, I'd love to see Gintama characters somehow make it in, I mean this scene would be like perfect foreshadowing/teasing ever.
At this point? No. I think there'll be DLC if the game sells well enough though.
I really hope Pokkén Tournament does sell well. There's a lot more Pokémon that people would want to see in Pokkén but I guess as the first game in the series it's a pretty good line-up. Selling well could always mean a sequel in the future too, perhaps on the NX.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
On the other hand, one of the biggest complaints of Gen 6 was the lack of new pokemon, the least thus far...bascially doubling the amount of Pokemon in a new game despite it not being a new generation will enhance the experience even further, making it feel like a new game entirely...
Most follow-up titles only had a little bit of additional content, most of the time it was mainly story related...B2/W2 was an exception but in terms of pokemon for the most part was B/W with some previous Gen pokes thrown in...nothing new from the first game...
true. the initial pokemon roster was disappointing in terms of numbers, but if this 6.5 game comes out i wonder what will happen to those who only wish to own x or y or can't obtain the next version in generation 6. will there be an update patch for them or will they be forced to buy the new game? unlikely scenario i know but still.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I'm stealing a joke from Reddit.

How many Fire Emblem fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Three.

One to change it, and two more to argue about whether changing it was censorship or localization.

:p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I'm stealing a joke from Reddit.

How many Fire Emblem fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Three.

One to change it, and two more to argue about whether changing it was censorship or localization.

:p
How old is the lightbulb

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
At this point? No. I think there'll be DLC if the game sells well enough though.
i hope so. the only pokemon i want in there is infernape, but at this point i think we have too many fire types and i feel like blaziken stole infernape's chances. :(

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
true. the initial pokemon roster was disappointing in terms of numbers, but if this 6.5 game comes out i wonder what will happen to those who only wish to own x or y or can't obtain the next version in generation 6. will there be an update patch for them or will they be forced to buy the new game? unlikely scenario i know but still.
I heard X and Y isn't capable of getting any patches...otherwise they would've done that already with ORAS megas...

regardless a lot of poke fans are 'forced' to get both versions of the game to get more pokemon anyways because of version exclusives, which is usually only about a dozen pokemon or so...at least with 70+ 'brand new' pokemon there's more incentive to actually buy the new game...especially if it features a new region and more post-game/story...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I heard X and Y isn't capable of getting any patches...otherwise they would've done that already with ORAS megas...

regardless a lot of poke fans are 'forced' to get both versions of the game to get more pokemon anyways because of version exclusives, which is usually only about a dozen pokemon or so...at least with 70+ 'brand new' pokemon there's more incentive to actually buy the new game...especially if it features a new region and more post-game/story...
X and Y both got patches because they had a game breaking bug

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

like i said i'm all for it. hope it can bring something fresh for this generation again.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I thought they were capable, but they chose not to? I know about the game-breaking bugs they had to fix. It's possible they didn't program it to accept new Mons? Basically, it doesn't have placeholders for anything but specific planned content. But that's a theory of mine based upon what you said.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
X and Y both got patches because they had a game breaking bug
did they? haven't heard of this (haven't played the game in a while either, so)...it's likely they won't add additional content though because like I said they would've done so already with the newer Megas...could also be because it's too much work to do so...

Perhaps it's DLC that's not compatible that I heard...I dunno I can't remember...

like i said i'm all for it. hope it can bring something fresh for this generation again.
who wouldn't be? is my point...One of the reasons why we keep buying new pokemon games is because of new pokemon...If Pokemon Z will add a whole new set of Pokemon I highly doubt there will be too many complaints...Well at least outside of Genwunner complaints...

Shroob

Sup?
The reason they won't patch older Pokemon games is simple.

What happens if say, you trade a Slowbro with Slowbroite to X, but then delete the patch? Does that erase the Slowbroite from existence?

What's worse is, what if you trade say, Magearna to X and then delete the patch. Because how these games work, I'm 99% confident that the game would turn her into a BAD EGG.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The reason they won't patch older Pokemon games is simple.

What happens if say, you trade a Slowbro with Slowbroite to X, but then delete the patch? Does that erase the Slowbroite from existence?

What's worse is, what if you trade say, Magearna to X and then delete the patch. Because how these games work, I'm 99% confident that the game would turn her into a BAD EGG.
That's a good point

Yeah, it very well could be a BAD EGG

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Oh, I have plenty.

Gallade - Being my favorite Pokemon around, of course I want him in Smash! He'd make for a really fun fighter with his dual-wielding skills combined with psychic powers of mind-reading and teleportation here and there. I even envision Gallade as a great representative of the third generation. That is, he would represent the fresh take on Ruby/Sapphire that OR/AS provides. Despite being introduced in Sinnoh, he comes from an evolution line introduced in generation 3; in OR/AS, he is added to the Hoenn dex, receives a Mega, and becomes the signature Pokemon of one of the game's major characters, Wally.

Of course, the issues Gallade has is that adding him would be like adding Pokemon like Gengar, Absol, Weavile, Scizor, etc. He would come out as a random pick for many, not to mention a good number of people believe Smash currently has too many Pokemon on the roster.

Descole - This person sounds like a "Who-in-the-what-now," but anyone who has played the Professor Layton prequel trilogy games (Last Specter, Miracle Mask, and Azran Legacy) or watched the Layton movie know who this is. He is Layton's original arch nemesis, and a highly memorable villain as well. Anyone who has played the games or watched the movie will attest to that (and yes, you probably figured out I'm a huge Layton fan). For those that want a picture of him, here you go.

Anyways, I think Descole would make for a pretty cool addition. In the Layton games, he is shown to be a very capable in sword-fighting, brawling, parkour tactics, and inventing gadgets/weapons. I can see Descole's moveset being a mixture of all four fighting styles to stand out from the rest of the roster. We also don't have any mysterious-looking fighters in Smash, and Descole could fill that role perfectly. He'd also represent a type of villain we don't have in Smash outside of Mewtwo: a tragic villain. I won't spoil what makes him that kind of villain, don't worry.

Sadly, Descole's main issue is that we still don't have Layton in the game. Even then, his fame as a third-party villain doesn't even compare to the likes of Dr. Eggman, Wily, or M. Bison, so he would obviously look like a really odd addition for the rest of the Smash community. Thus, I've accepted the fact that Descole will probably never have a chance.

Jin Kazama - Most people want Heihachi for the Tekken rep; heck, he was even considered for Smash 4 originally. Personally, I've never been a Heihachi fan, but I'm a huge fan of his grandson. In fact, Jin and Lars are my two favorite characters in the entire Tekken series. I like Jin because he's a pretty cool dude overall; heck, I even wanted Jin as the Namco rep in the days prior to Pac-Man's reveal. He's got tons of alternate costume potential thanks to all the outfits he's worn throughout the series, and even the Devil Jin transformation could make for an interesting Final Smash. Of course, the issue here is that Ryu pretty much already fills the niche of the fighter genre rep, so many would prefer we only have Ryu do his thing and leave other 3rd-party fighting game characters out of it.

Ragna the Bloodedge - As a huge BlazBlue fan and Ragna fan myself, I'd love to see Ragna, the main protagonist of the BlazBlue series, in Smash. In addition to fighting with his large sword, Blood Scythe, I can also envision him using his Azure Grimoire powers to turn his arm into a large beast claw or even use the powers of Soul Eater, his drive, to drain the opponent's health while healing his own similar to Robin's Nosferatu. Yet again, however, Ryu already represents the fighting game genre on the Smash roster (despite Ragna fighting very differently from Ryu). The fact Ragna looks like an "anime swordsman", coupled along with the notion that he is rather obscure and his series isn't as famous as the likes of Street Fighter, Tekken, or Mortal Combat, is also what makes many displeased at the idea of having him in Smash, sad to say.

Noel Vermillion - The main heroine of the BlazBlue series who basically appears in as much promotional material for the BlazBlue games as Ragna does, Noel Vermillion is another BlazBlue character I'd love to see in Smash. Her dual-pistol fighting style would make for a very unique and interesting play style as we don't have that many gun users in Smash and only one dual-pistol fighter on the roster currently. Mu-12, her true form, could even make for an interesting Final Smash where she would transform into that and proceed to fly through the battlefield while firing energy beams from portals and launching the metallic blades surrounding her onto her opponents. Unfortunately, she has much of the same issues as Ragna has minus the "anime swordsman" look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom