• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

If Shueisha really wanted to promote a new manga in Super Mario Maker, Boku no Hero Academia would have been a better choice. Just look at this guy and you can tell that he'll be popular with fans easily.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

If Shueisha really wanted to promote a new manga in Super Mario Maker, Boku no Hero Academia would have been a better choice. Just look at this guy and you can tell that he'll be popular with fans easily.
All Might as a Mario Maker costume? You are a freaking genius for think of that. This guy would easily attract Captain Falcon's fans since he's kind of like a hotblooded Superman (but without the flight and other hax) that kicks *** while smiling like there's no tomorrow.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wasn't that for like the Vita or something?
PS3 and Vita.

It's called "Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax".

Basically a fighting game with a bunch of anime characters. It's published by SEGA, and as a result, has a bunch of SEGA game locations as stages.

I think Akira from Virtua Fighter is also playable but I'm not sure.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So jumping ahead from p1370...
- Vega died on the way to his home planet.
- SFV is fine, but perhaps could have done with maybe another month or two for bug fixes and more modes for the casual audience
- Dolphins
- Somewhat disappointed that Yveltal, the cutest embodiment of destruction (2nd to Flandre) is an assist, but hey, it's there.
- Fire Emblem
- Anime school girl gets into Mario Maker.

I should get to playing Super Mario Maker soon, but there's a scratch on the disc that worries me. Sometimes it'll play, sometimes it won't.

- Vega died on the way to his home planet.
- SFV is fine, but perhaps could have done with maybe another month or two for bug fixes and more modes for the casual audience
- Dolphins
- Somewhat disappointed that Yveltal, the cutest embodiment of destruction (2nd to Flandre) is an assist, but hey, it's there.
- Fire Emblem
- Anime school girl gets into Mario Maker.
This is an amazing summarization of the day.

It's so absurd but all of it is true,

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@Spazzy_D wrote an article for one of my most wanted.
My only nitpick with this off the bat is calling Sora a "Square Enix" rep.

He isn't. Sora and ALL completely original KH characters/worlds/items/etc, are all owned by Disney. Completely. No ifs, ands, or buts. Disney commission SE to make the games, and Disney Interactive co-develops them (I believe they provide models for Disney characters and probably handle certain mini-games and stuff).

There is no mystery about it, it's been confirmed multiple times over by multiple people. Most recent example I can think of:

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/16/kingdom-hearts-comes-to-disney-infinity-at-d23-expo/

"A lot of people are confused about who exactly owns Kingdom Hearts, but it's Disney - it's developed in partnership with Square-Enix."

D

Deleted member

After seeing an anime character in Mario Maker, I now want Mickey Mouse included in there. Not that I'm expecting it to happen, though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm waiting on Batman. Who I will accept only if he also has comic onomatopoeia.
Nothing is more satisfying in the world than seeing "ZOOK!" or "BLAM!" when stomping on a Goomba.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Pit
P-
Pit.
Get out of Fire Emblem
Whatareyoudoinghere :4pacman:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The Pit fangirls will have a field-day with the quotes.
"Oh, gosh! I really am lucky! I get to marry you AND ride a dragon every day?"
I know he's referring to Ace
I know for a fact he's referring to Ace
But I can't shake that feeling that Pit wants a piggyback from Corrin in her Dragon Forme

Burruni

Smash Hero
But I can't shake that feeling that Pit wants a piggyback from Corrin in her Dragon Forme
Too perfect to not post this again.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The Pit fangirls will have a field-day with the quotes. That being said, Antony also does this character and sounds nothing like Pit.
>Sounds nothing like Pit
I'm sorry
All I hear is Pit with a deep voice
Not-exactly-Dark Pit

You can't un-hear the Pit
Everywhere Antony goes, it's just Pit

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pit
P-
Pit.
Get out of Fire Emblem
Uhm. Wow. The Pi-

The Pit fangirls will have a field-day with the quotes. That being said, Antony also does this character and sounds nothing like Pit.
THANK YOU for saying what I'm thinking while listening to this for me.

AND THAT TOO.

. . .Wait, this kid's a Wyvern Rider? I guess that explains all the randomly bringing up another name into the conversation, he's doing what Cherche did with Minerva 2.0.

I don't mind spoiling myself on this game, but I'm going in pretty blind tomorrow.

Is this kid in Revelations?

Burruni

Smash Hero

Burruni

Smash Hero
Uhm. Wow. The Pi-

THANK YOU for saying what I'm thinking while listening to this for me.

AND THAT TOO.

. . .Wait, this kid's a Wyvern Rider? I guess that explains all the randomly bringing up another name into the conversation, he's doing what Cherche did with Minerva 2.0.

I don't mind spoiling myself on this game, but I'm going in pretty blind tomorrow.

Is this kid in Revelations?
Every unit (edit: recruitable in either Birthright or Conquest) is POSSIBLE to get in Revelations, iirc.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Every unit (edit: recruitable in either Birthright or Conquest) is POSSIBLE to get in Revelations, iirc.
Goodie.

Now to desperately research how to prevent all of the deaths that this implies once I get the game. :awesome:

Any idea if members of different sides can Support each other (other than Corrin, obviously)?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Goodie.

Now to desperately research how to prevent all of the deaths that this implies once I get the game. :awesome:

Any idea if members of different sides can Support each other (other than Corrin, obviously)?
There's cross-kingdom supports in Revelations, yes.
Infact there's a special bonus scene using a specific Nohrian mother for a Hoshidan child (any fan of Awakening should be able to piece together whom).

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Reading the sora article on source gaming by @Spazzy_D

My mind says no
But my heart says yes

I recently got Kingdom Hearts 1.5. I love the crap out of it, can't wait to get my hands on 2.5. It's a fun game, and I'm an enormous disney fan. So from an emotional standpoint I'd love to see Sora.

But my rational mind is, to say the least, VERY conflicted over the idea of Disney characters in smash. I struggle to feel that that is appropriate.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Do any of you guys have any characters that you want in Smash that feel like a "guilty pleasure"?

:094:
The only character I really have a personal attachment to anymore is also a guilty pleasure.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Do any of you guys have any characters that you want in Smash that feel like a "guilty pleasure"?

:094:
Brash the Bear. He's a shoo-in god damn it!

A GIRFE# character, Lark, Medusa, Balloon Fighter, Sheriff, and a Fatal Frame character.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I mean, he's not that far from it...

That game pisses me off.

Oh hey a 2D Sega fighting game where you can fight in multiple Sega universes

WHY THE **** IS THE INCEST SISTER AND KIRITO IN THIS GAME FIGHTING AKIRA FROM VIRTUA FIGHTER AND SELVELRIA FROM VALKYRIA CHRONICLES?

No Axel Stone, no Kazuya from Yazuka series, no other VF characters, no Ulala, no Buse and even no Joe Musashi. This game upset me, especially when the gameplay is great.
Pit
P-
Pit.
Get out of Fire Emblem
Pit what are you doing
Pit stahp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom