• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Is Goku even out of the question anymore?
I would prefer Jotaro (Josuke would be my first choice, but since Jotatro is the most iconic). And maybe DIO, so I can here "Za Warudo" in Mario Maker.

After watching more Jojo, Set is the most messed up Stand yet. Jesus ****ing christ that's bad
"Yet" is the word indeed. This stand is child friendly (ba dum tss) compare to what's next.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*look up the character*

"She serves as the fake girlfriend of Raku Ichijō for the next three years of her school life to prevent a war from starting between their families."

Well I am now confused AND intrigued
I've read it actually, because the initial premise is interesting.

It starts off strong but then falls into a "why aren't these characters doing anything" situation.

It takes hundreds of chapters for one of them to realize he has feelings for the main girl.

And then nothing STILL happens.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
*fetus* NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE
How did they think "Hmm, this character would be great in a fighting game! Let's bring it overseas too!" Maybe that's why Jojo HD got pulled from XBLA and PSN
Because compared to the serial killer doll, Death 13, and High Priestess, suddenly doesn't seem that bad.

And like I've said there are far more frightening Jojo characters out there. Part 3 only scratches the surface.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because compared to the serial killer doll, Death 13, and High Priestess, suddenly doesn't seem that bad.

And like I've said there are far more frightening Jojo characters out there. Part 3 only scratches the surface.
Actually, Death 13 was a super boss in that game, meaning you kill babies as super bosses. Midler (High Priestess' Master) was also playable. It's just that a fetus is more gruesome to me

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Now I want Kamina in Super Mario Maker now that any anime character can happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So now we can expect Ika Misume, The Transformers, James Bond, Goku, Batman, The TMNT, Jotaro Kujo and the Love Live Cast in Super Mario Maker as Mystery Mushrooms Costumes?

A Wolf costume would be decent consolation prize

EDIT: I meant Mystery Mushroom costumes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yes, I'm a
but I FINALLY gotten around to watch the Super Mario Bros. Z reboot.

HOLY CRAP! It was a friggin' masterpiece. I'm amazed that he greatly outdid himself on action, animation, & special effects. I HUNGER FOR MORE!!!

Just don't cancel again this time... :sadeyes:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think we all know what anime characters are coming next:

Please? This could be cool.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes, I'm a
but I FINALLY gotten around to watch the Super Mario Bros. Z reboot.

HOLY CRAP! It was a friggin' masterpiece. I'm amazed that he greatly outdid himself on action, animation, & special effects. I HUNGER FOR MORE!!!

Just don't cancel again this time... :sadeyes:
Did you not hear how the Patreon for it was taken down due to copyright?
I'm just waiting for Danny Devito, The Trashman, to get in SMM.
Wait till he gets in Detective Pikachu

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I never thought I'd see the day were we can actually speculate what anime characters we could see in a Nintendo game.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
So I saw Star Wars Tuesday, and the Peanuts Movie today.

SW:
Holy **** I love Rey. Way better than young Luke. New Hope Luke is really annoying imo but he gets a lot better. Rey is a badass from start to finish and I was totally invested in her character.
Finn is a pure cinnamon roll and must be protected.
Kylo Ren kinda looks like a sitcom character and sort of sounds like Joey from Friends to me. It's a little uncanny.
Honestly I didn't mind the repetition that much. I just hope the writers play less safe in future films.
I don't get why the planet concept was used this early. Like, a third Death Star that's a planet this time?? You know the saying; fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times? Well I'm a ****ing idiot.
I'm really happy they made Solo a major character in this one. I kinda knew from the moment they say Kylo is Han's son he was bound to die. Also I got spoiled on this part only but w/e
The lightsaber fight could've been better. As a matter of fact the entire climax could've been better. Imo it's one of the few weak parts of the film (although it's still good). Also the scene where Rey and Finn let out the awful CGI monster things is completely pointless and I still can't figure out why it's in the film.
Sage Luke is badass.
Traitor Trooper needs his own film.

8.5 or 9/10.

Peanuts:
Cute. Don't expect a great film but it's sweet, relatable and fun.
I like how low the amount of "modernization" is.
The Snoopy parts where the writers actually have a full blown Mission Impossible spoof in 2015 is really pointless. I have no idea why they thought it was funny. It's easily the weakest part of the film.
The plot is sort of predictable. You know that Charlie Brown's going to be put into situations where he actually has to confront his feelings for the redhead girl. Thankfully cringe comedy is dead or it probably would've been in the film.
There's too much Snoopy IMO. The isolated scenes where he's in his WWI fantasy with plot allusions are totally un-necessary and aren't all that great. This is probably a result of Blue Sky needing to follow in the comedic animal slapstick path of most every CG animated film made in the last 15 years. It's also padding for the relatively simple plot. Plus it's easier to make jokes about literal puppy love as opposed to kid puppy love. Not to say they're bad they're just kind of... pointless.
There aren't any laugh out loud funny jokes IMO. A lot of snickers. The joke I found the funniest is ironically a Mission Impossible spoof scene (yes, this happens multiple times but it's the only real parody part of the film). Snoopy goes up to carolers and legit tactical takedowns a kid. I don't know why it's so funny but it is.
There's a liar revealed plot (which I personally despise that trope) but it's not the main plot at all. It's pulled off surprisingly well.
The last few scenes are really sweet.
I personally hope there isn't a sequel. They pulled it off really well here.
Peppermint Patty is objectively the best character. Linus is close.

7.5/10

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh my god you know how great it'd be of there were Kill la Kill costumes?

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
So today I went to my local home entertainment store and I looked at the amount of amiibo in the gaming section and I was like, "Man, this store doesn't have that many amiibo. Weird."

Lo and behold, it turned out there was another shelf at the bottom filled entirely with amiibo.

I snooped around the store a little more and...

And this is why I love Australia. :secretkpop:

Edit: Oh and I forgot to take a picture but there were also amiibo at the pay counter lmao

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well I mean
We all know who's next for Mario Maker Costumes
Terry from King of Fighters
Anna

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The costume doesn't really surprise me, with the Splatoon Squid Girl promotion, but it doesn't really interest me. Give me something I would personally use like Komasan, Jibanyan, Madoka, Homura, Mami, etc.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So now we can expect Ika Misume, The Transformers, James Bond, Goku, Batman, The TMNT, Jotaro Kujo and the Love Live Cast in Super Mario Maker as Mystery Mushrooms Costumes?

A Wolf costume would be decent consolation prize

EDIT: I meant Mystery Mushroom costumes.
At the very least, I wouldn't be surprised at Ika Musume A.K.A. Squid Girl in Mario Maker, considering the Splatoon/Squid Girl promotions and the fact her outfit is in Splatoon.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I love Madoka but that would literally never happen what

Madoka's long over. Also, with this ridiculous precedent I would not be surprised by a Monogatari costume lol

D

Deleted member

We are talking about Anime Characters appearing in a Mario game.

I thought that the GLA was the wierdest of the bunch, but nope.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
JOJO FOR smash MARIO MAKER

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm well aware.

I don't know what exactly Patreon is but that didn't stop him from making 8 episodes in the original run.
True but they know are aware of his work, and could still C and D at anytime because of it. The Patreon was funding his project, and without it, he loses a decent amount of resources to make it.

So today I went to my local home entertainment store and I looked at the amount of amiibo in the gaming section and I was like, "Man, this store doesn't have that many amiibo. Weird."

Lo and behold, it turned out there was another shelf at the bottom filled entirely with amiibo.

I snooped around the store a little more and...

And this is why I love Australia. :secretkpop:

Edit: Oh and I forgot to take a picture but there were also amiibo at the pay counter lmao
You Aussies are lucky!

We Americans don't even know what a King Dedede, Rosalina, Lucina, and Metal Knight amiibo even are....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom