• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
A Palutena's Guidance for Corrin in English could be rife with VA jokes given Pit's voice actor is in Fates.

Like, Pit and Dark Pit suddenly acting like Percy and Silas with Palutena and Viridi going WTF.
I imagine the one for Bayonetta will be a continuation of the Trailer and Palutena being jealous and angry about an angle assassin.

I just want to see Pit remember Lucas, get confused about Roy and Mewtwo and him and Viridi fanboy or Ryu like Captain Falcon.

Cloud will be similar towards Link's but with another KI character fawning over Cloud.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'll be honest, I think the toning down of the fanservice in FE Fates' localization may end up changing my mind about it.

I'm very on the fence about the game, but most of my complaints about it don't apply to the Western version in the first place.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I am a vicious Princess.
>Every unit besides Kamui now just trying to kite Ryouma around the map until I can TRY to get a good assault to finish him off.
>Just hit Level 10
"Yknow what.... Sakura looks like freebie EXP."
>Dragon fang triggers
H-HOLY CRAP
RIP FLOWER PRINCESS

D

Deleted member

The voice acting is actually quite well done
I just finished Chapter 5 now, the only part I didn't like it for now is when
Corrin screams after Mikoto dies
I get that it depends on your voice but that was quite Narm for the one I had
Also
The fact that the boss of the chapter is a Swordmaster is a small foreshadowing to its identity

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I played some AC4 today. Gosh I'm terrible after not playing for almost a year. Gonna go back to that either after I'm done with WW or MM + Fates.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm not even sure how I should react to some of the Fates VAs. I mean, most of them are really good, but some of them, even if they aren't bad in general, are rather questionable. Soliel's in particular sounds overall too childish for me.

Next Sonic character in Smash should be Eggman.
Mike Pollock
One of the most frequent characters
Mike Pollock
Main antagonist more often than not.
MIKE POLLOCK.

Did I mention Mike Pollock?
Don't forget the biggest reason why he should be in before the others.
Seriously though, Eggman really should be in before the others.

:094:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I fully believe we're getting another Sonic rep next game. It deserves it. Hopefully the push for one grows (Now that we have a good amount of 3rd Parties, there's no reason not to include some more.)

D

Deleted member

This is why I believe in LOYALTY
(I'm considering anything from Chapter 6 onwards a spoiler btw)

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah . . .let's not

Not before Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, Shadow etc etc
Oh come on why not, she's just as important as them and could really be unique with her Pico Pico Hammer, not to mention she's also a very popular character so I don't see what's wrong.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh come on why not, she's just as important as them and could really be unique with her Pico Pico Hammer, not to mention she's also a very popular character so I don't see what's wrong.
One problem with that. She's a scrappy. People hate her fangirling about SONIKUUUUUU~ all the time. Unique? So? Other, more popular characters can be even more unique. Shadow has his ****ton of Chaos powers, Tails and Eggman have their machinery and Knuckles was unique enough in PM

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Everybody's playing Fates....and I'm just stuck at work....

Anyway the special editions are in...but only for those who pre-ordered it...I'll give it a few days actually to see if they get anymore in for the rest of us...not gonna lie I actually want the artbook that comes with it...

Burruni

Smash Hero
A) Piko Piko
B) No. She flat-out isn't. Introduced in Sonic CD as a damsel in distress only seen at the book ends of the game, Sonic Adventure... as a damsel in distress who has a bird, SA2 she unlocks Sonic's cell in spite of TAILS being the one to invade the prison and gets held at gunpoint, in Heroes Team Rose has the weakest story, in 06 she confuses Silver for Sonic and stops the former from killing the latter, in Unleashed she is little more than a cheerleader, not even seen in Colors (Wii) and is about two lines of dialogue in Generations.

If anything, Amy's a "Blue Toad" for Sonic. That seat filler 4th spot without massive popularity.

And nobody's going to take the argument of getting Toad in before Luigi, Bowser, or Wario... to keep with the metaphor.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Eggman - Main Antagonist
Tails - Sonic's Main Sidekick
Knuckles - Third wheel and guardian of the Master Emerald
Shadow - Sonic's main rival.
Amy - ...Sonic's fangirl...

Amy really doesn't stack up to the rest.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Xenoblade
Street Fighter V
Fates

If I buy the physical version of Conquest, can I get the digital version of Birthright for the reduced price?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A) Piko Piko
B) No. She flat-out isn't. Introduced in Sonic CD as a damsel in distress only seen at the book ends of the game, Sonic Adventure... as a damsel in distress who has a bird, SA2 she unlocks Sonic's cell in spite of TAILS being the one to invade the prison and gets held at gunpoint, in Heroes Team Rose has the weakest story, in 06 she confuses Silver for Sonic and stops the former from killing the latter, in Unleashed she is little more than a cheerleader, not even seen in Colors (Wii) and is about two lines of dialogue in Generations.

If anything, Amy's a "Blue Toad" for Sonic. That seat filler 4th spot without massive popularity.

And nobody's going to take the argument of getting Toad in before Luigi, Bowser, or Wario... to keep with the metaphor.
None of this is objective and is just flat out wrong. Not even going to go into it since most sensible people will see the problems with this.

Literally all you did here is angrily spread misinformation because you don't like the character.

Amy is part of the core Sonic cast, she is in literally everything almost, like the other core cast.

D

Deleted member

So, uhm

Holy ****, Corrin, that's cold
That's low even for Garon
So...

Xenoblade
Street Fighter V
Fates

If I buy the physical version of Conquest, can I get the digital version of Birthright for the reduced price?
Yes
But you need to buy it through the game

D

Deleted member

THAT HAPPENED
AND THEN I TRIGGERED DRAGON FANG.
I COMBO'D HER LIKE IF CORRIN WAS IN MELEE AND DID 30 DAMAGE
I still don't have Dragon Fang
Considering how promoting works in this game, I don't want Corrin to get overleveled and get worse stat growths
But I feel nothing for attacking her :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I still don't have Dragon Fang
Considering how promoting works in this game, I don't want Corrin to get overleveled and get worse stat growths
But I feel nothing for attacking her :p
I thought promotional growths just added up to your current growths. Example: 70% strength. Promotion is 5%. After promotion, 75%

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Next Sonic character in Smash should be Eggman.
Mike Pollock
One of the most frequent characters
Mike Pollock
Main antagonist more often than not.
MIKE POLLOCK.

Did I mention Mike Pollock?
I was disappointed we didn't get Eggman in the Palutena's Guidance for Sonic.
We need Mike Pollock in Smash in some way, shape, or form.

D

Deleted member

I thought promotional growths just added up to your current growths. Example: 70% strength. Promotion is 5%. After promotion, 75%
I believe so
But that's not the point, having better growths means I'll have a better chance to get good level ups
And in Fates, you don't go back to level 1 after promoting so you wanna get as many promoted level ups as possible for better results
Which is the exact opposite players have been doing during the entire franchise lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I believe so
But that's not the point, having better growths means I'll have a better chance to get good level ups
And in Fates, you don't go back to level 1 after promoting so you wanna get as many promoted level ups as possible for better results
Which is the exact opposite players have been doing during the entire franchise lol
OH ****! Thanks for telling me! I would have screwed myself otherwise XD I guess it's supposed to be more newcomer friendly like that, so beginners don't get screwed over

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Guys. I want to play Revelations, but when I try to go into it, it says it isn't released yet.

I don't want to play a Hoshido run. I want to play Revelations. The game already gives an option to start saves from the Branch of Fate now.

What do I do?

D

Deleted member

Guys. I want to play Revelations, but when I try to go into it, it says it isn't released yet.

I don't want to play a Hoshido run. I want to play Revelations. The game already gives an option to start saves from the Branch of Fate now.

What do I do?
Revelations won't be avaible until March
You can only play it if you have the Special Edition for now

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

What do I do?
Revelations isn't available till March, it's incomplete, so you have to try the other routes anyway

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just beat Plague of Shadows in Shovel Knight.

My god, Plague Knight turned out to be so adorable.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
What path should I take in Fates?
I'm completely new to Fire Emblem, but I don't like the Japanese aesthetic of Hoshido

Should I get more information to get a better view, like classes?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm completely new to Fire Emblem, but I don't like the Japanese aesthetic of Hoshido

Newcomers - Hoshido
Veterans - Conquest
Revelation - Do it last no matter what because story reasons.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did Europe get the most recent patch? Because in that, they nerfed Propeller Knight in PoS because seriously, **** that noise. Hardest part in the whole game for me
Well I didn't have any trouble with him, and I don't even know how he was patched.

What did you have trouble with?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Well I'm new too so the easier one might be better tho you could choose Nohr and play on the easiest difficulty setting.
It's easy to decide for me, because I prefer the Hoshido anyway. The Nohr live in a desert. I want a nice castle thank you very much.

I say choose which one you like more. So I'm guessing that's Nohr - Conquest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Am i the only one that goes back and reads the old character Smash 4 speculation threads?

The RTC threads are so surreal and sometimes even funny to read for me, just because of how the game turned out.

D

Deleted member

Why would you even buy Fates jyst for Revelations?
Conquest is where the good stuff's at
Unless your a casual japanese pleb

EDIT: The Dragon's Gate(DLC stuff) plays Anna's theme from Awakening
I dunno if it's her theme but I at least relate it to her anywyas

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom