• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I did preorder it. It's just that my mom told me she was getting paid this week, but not Thursday.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Paper Jam is completely irrelevant to Smash 4 since it came out a year later and, unlike FE Fates, isn't referenced in any way through DLC. They didn't account for it at all when making the stage.

As far as NSMBU goes, Nabbit was just another adversary of sorts for Mario.

Also the near identical neckerchief to Bowser. Jr is more than a little uncanny.
Note that New Super Luigi U featured Nabbit as the hero and was released before Smash.
Nabbit was chosen for the NSMBU stage for debuting in said game, not to amplify the connection of the stage to Bowser.

Hopefully Sm4sh haxxers can take Nabbits model from Sm4sh and use him for Brawl modding

View attachment 97245
Or they could take the model and use it on these Sm4sh characters:

Villager
Mario
Bowser Jr

Well to be fair he could gain back relevance and popularity if he gets a Mega Evolution in gen. 7.

(Also dat gameplay potential)
Those Mega Evolutions are given away in spades, so it's not like Zoroark gets to be a frontrunner for getting a Mega Evolution.
Many Pokémon got one before him, so unless he gets to be Mewtwo Y-levels of poster boy, I don't think a Mega Evolution can give him the needed boost.

I'd rather have Ditto to be the Copy Fighter than Zoroark tbh, at least he's known for it.

Lastly, I cannot think of a fitting moveset for Badge Arcade Hall Bunny.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I mean GF didn't patch XY to have ORAS megas, so I wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd version brought new mons in for only that version. They seem to want to push pokebank more, so that might be why. The names are also Japanese I believe, so in English it probably be much different. The biggest reason I find to doubt this is the strange souvenir. I'm almost positive it will be used third game, and if I were to guess, we would go to a new region to use it. So maybe in Z we go to Kalos and a new region, or Kalos and Hoenn, or if they wanted to go all out( which they probably won't) we could go to all 3!
Being screwed out of this many pokémon is not going to be well received though.

I mean, previously all games in a generation had the same list of Pokémon (in their system data, not availability). The differences were limited to event pokémon, like Shaymin. I don't think this is good idea, as it means early people need to buy again to get the new pokémon.

:231:

Last edited:
So guys who's ready for pokemon Z Rumors?

Here's a supposed list of pokemon that will be in the game. From 4cahn, but I found it on Pokejungle. Trying to find the thread now.

Thoughts? The names are interesting, and have some awesome type combinations.
>pokemon with the same type as my favorite pokemon of all time :034:
>poison lizard.

I need this

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Being screwed out of this many pokémon is not going to be well received though.

I mean, previously all games in a generation had the same list of Pokémon (in their system data, not availability). The differences were limited to event pokémon, like Shaymin. I don't think this is good idea, as it means early people need to buy again to get the new pokémon.

True, I would imagine they could patch the game, although people are saying that they had trouble squeezing the megas from ORAS into XY's files which is why it wasn't patched. They also used examples such as when Iwata had to help them get kanto into gold and silver.

I feel like Gamefreak is definitely much better now, then they were, and could find a way to make it all work, but we will just have to see I guess.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also, that Pokémon 768 is a "Kernel" pokémon that evolves into a "Chieftain" pokémon. Was it supposed to be "Colonel"?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Note that New Super Luigi U featured Nabbit as the hero and was released before Smash.
Nabbit was chosen for the NSMBU stage for debuting in said game, not to amplify the connection of the stage to Bowser.

Villager
Mario
Bowser Jr

Those Mega Evolutions are given away in spades, so it's not like Zoroark gets to be a frontrunner for getting a Mega Evolution.
Many Pokémon got one before him, so unless he gets to be Mewtwo Y-levels of poster boy, I don't think a Mega Evolution can give him the needed boost.

I'd rather have Ditto to be the Copy Fighter than Zoroark tbh, at least he's known for it.

Nabbit's gameplay in NSLU is entirely designed so that the Nabbit player could **** with the the other players really easily. The marketing for NSLU made this pretty clear.

He wasn't much of a hero if that's the case. Luigi is the hero of that game.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Villager
Mario
Bowser Jr

That's somewhat debatable actually, by the time Gen. 7 rolls around we'll have most likely gotten to Zoroark and he'll be relevant again, giving Pokemon the opportunity to push him again just like what they did with Lucario in Gen 6.

Zoroark uses ILLUSION not copy.

And I've actually made an entire moveset for the bunny on a separate thread.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well I recently updated my roster but never posted it in any of the roster threads. Might as well post it now since Nintenzilla posted his.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ditto should be the copycat fighter not Zoroark.

I mean, Ditto was meant to be a summon in Melee that would copy one of the players 1:1. You can summon him via hacking, but nothing happens. Sakurai confirmed it was removed due to technical issues.

In Tournament mode, Ditto appears when selecting the random character option.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
That's somewhat debatable actually, by the time Gen. 7 rolls around we'll have most likely gotten to Zoroark and he'll be relevant again, giving Pokemon the opportunity to push him again just like what they did with Lucario in Gen 6.

Zoroark uses ILLUSION not copy.

And I've actually made an entire moveset for the bunny on a separate thread.
I swear this is screaming bias. Why would Zoroark be relevant again? A Mega wouldnt make him as relevant as you think.

Slurpuff icon.png

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I mean, Ditto was meant to be a summon in Melee that would copy one of the players 1:1. You can summon him via hacking, but nothing happens. Sakurai confirmed it was removed due to technical issues.

Honestly I would love him to be like Mokujin in Tekken (a character that changes its moveset every round). I think it would be fun.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Funny enough, those technical issues are due to the Ice Climbers....they've always been trouble makers since Melee...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Zoroark's time is done, not even a mega could bring him back. Unless they used him for some new mechanic in future( which really wouldn't make sense) then he will never be playable in Smash.

And this is coming from someone who lives zoroark and has him as his username.

D

Deleted member

Well I recently updated my roster but never posted it in any of the roster threads. Might as well post it now since Nintenzilla posted his.
+Ashley 2qt
+Ninja/Samurai Impa
+Ridley 2big
+Spear Dee
+Anna
+Elma
+Those kidsquids from that Hentai game
+SNAAAAAAKE
-Eww Midna
-I'm salty not because KI has 5 reps but because Viridi is NOT AS IMPORTANT AS PEOPLE SAY
-Roy cut
-Furry Bait Krystal
-2manygen1
-Lara Croft literally what
I give it "my opinion is more important than yours"/10

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
+Ashley 2qt
+Ninja/Samurai Impa
+Ridley 2big
+Spear Dee
+Anna
+Elma
+Those kidsquids from that Hentai game
+SNAAAAAAKE
-Eww Midna
-I'm salty not because KI has 5 reps but because Viridi is NOT AS IMPORTANT AS PEOPLE SAY
-Roy cut
-Furry Bait Krystal
-2manygen1
-Lara Croft literally what
I give it "my opinion is more important than yours"/10
Usually I don't defend my choices (or at least all of them) but:
Viridi: Er, yh she is. There's 3 main factions: Underworld Army, Forces of Nature & Palutena's Army. Being both a Stage Hazard & one of the best Mii Costume makes her far more recognizable than even Medusa imo.

Lara Croft: A female icon in gaming on par if not more iconic than Samus. If Bayonetta is in and Snake was in, she can work as well.
Wait is Olimar going solo?
Nah he still has his Pikmin, it's just not in his name.(like in the EU version of game, at least) If you mean the placement then err I didn't know where to put him. XD
....I should make an alt roster underneath later. Olimar has alts for all Captains ever XD.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Trickster, sure, but not Bowser's henchman.
Literally being designed to be able to easily cost other player lives is a bit more than "trickster".

The entire point of his character right now is that he is an anti-hero. He's neither good nor evil, he's doing his own thing and will see anyone preventing him from getting what he wants as his opponent.

The stage in Smash is based off the base game of NSMBU though, and Nabbit was clearly an antagonist to Mario in that game. Combined with all of the other enemies and such in the level, it's pretty clear this is supposed to be the Mario villains stage. Nabbit is a part of that.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Maybe with JUST the smash community

Everyone else knows Meduas a lot more.

KI original + Uprising's advertisement having Medusa and not Viridi.
That is a good point I've missed. I completely forgot all (or most) advertisement of the game only ever included the first 9 Chapters + other modes.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
True, I would imagine they could patch the game, although people are saying that they had trouble squeezing the megas from ORAS into XY's files which is why it wasn't patched. They also used examples such as when Iwata had to help them get kanto into gold and silver.

I feel like Gamefreak is definitely much better now, then they were, and could find a way to make it all work, but we will just have to see I guess.
I doubt it, XY and ORAS don't go over 2 GB, and even if they did, patches and DLC are saved to the SD Card, so size wouldn't have been an issue. The reason why XY didn't get the Megas is that it's not built with DLC in mind, so they can't add completely new content to the game. Unfortunately, the same holds true for ORAS, and it'll likely not get any new Megas or even Pokémon once whatever new game comes out.

So it's more a case of they didn't allow their games to be future proof, so whatever new game comes out is going to leave XY and ORAS in the dust in terms of whatever new forms, Pokémon and the like it has.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Nabbit's gameplay in NSLU is entirely designed so that the Nabbit player could **** with the the other players really easily. The marketing for NSLU made this pretty clear.

He wasn't much of a hero if that's the case. Luigi is the hero of that game.
I just watched the commercials, all of them seem to view Nabbit's invincibility as an help to beginners.
Yes, Nabbit running through everything while Luigi and the Toads are actually platforming might seem like "screwing with the others", but it's just a side-effect from being god mode.

As for the power up-snagging thing, it's a side effect of him not being able to wield power-ups, with a side of him being a literal thief.
Never is it portrayed as a trick to be mean to your friends, unlike Boost Block or even the Grabbing mechanic.

Literally being designed to be able to easily cost other player lives is a bit more than "trickster".

The entire point of his character right now is that he is an anti-hero. He's neither good nor evil, he's doing his own thing and will see anyone preventing him from getting what he wants as his opponent.

The stage in Smash is based off the base game of NSMBU though, and Nabbit was clearly an antagonist to Mario in that game. Combined with all of the other enemies and such in the level, it's pretty clear this is supposed to be the Mario villains stage. Nabbit is a part of that.
Isn't Kamek the only true villain in that stage?
Sure, Urchins can hurt Mario and Nabbit purposely steals from his friends, but only Kamek is actually evil.

A Castle portion and Kamek appearing don't neccesarily equal "Villains stage"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Since there was a Fakemon list earlier, I may as well bring back up this thing that I think should be a Pokémon: the Pacific Barreleye.

Just LOOK at that face. It's a fish with a transparent head and huge green googly eyes that has a :3 face. It's even referred to as a Spookfish, IIRC.

I know the Frillish line covers Ghost/Water, but C'MOOOOOOOOON

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just watched the commercials, all of them seem to view Nabbit's invincibility as an help to beginners.
Yes, Nabbit running through everything while Luigi and the Toads are actually platforming might seem like "screwing with the others", but it's just a side-effect from being god mode.

As for the power up-snagging thing, it's a side effect of him not being able to wield power-ups, with a side of him being a literal thief.
Never is it portrayed as a trick to be mean to your friends, unlike Boost Block or even the Grabbing mechanic.

Isn't Kamek the only true villain in that stage?
Sure, Urchins can hurt Mario and Nabbit purposely steals from his friends, but only Kamek is actually evil.

A Castle portion and Kamek appearing don't neccesarily equal "Villains stage"

Yeah, and being a thief in the context of a game like Mario is usually equated to being bad more than good, especially when it's DESIGNED to mess with other players.

And technically I wouldn't call any of our regular Mario enemies "evil", not even Bowser, but the point is that every single character in that stage serves as an antagonist to Mario, and the stage is designed to be chaotic and hazardous. Thematically, it very clearly links to Bowser and the Koopalings (and Bowser Jr but he's almost an 8th Koopaling at this point).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Since there was a Fakemon list earlier, I may as well bring back up this thing that I think should be a Pokémon: the Pacific Barreleye.

Just LOOK at that face. It's a fish with a transparent head and huge green googly eyes that has a :3 face. It's even referred to as a Spookfish, IIRC.

Why does it have balls in its head?
I mean I'm not surprised it has to have something, but there's a pair of balls in its head. I don't get it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I'm still waiting for my actual Wolf pokemon...

Though that fish would be interesting indeed...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I want my dolphin and arctic wolf like the list suggests. Those would be pretty cool.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Badge Bunny Moveset

Badge Bunny
B: Badge Dump
Badge Bunny dumps a truckload of badges on top of him, damaging opponents.
Opponents cannot walk through badges.

Side B: Badge Grab
The crane on Badge Bunny's back travels in the direction given as long as you hold the button, lowering when releasing the button or after a certain distance, grabbing any opponents that come in contact with it and dropping it in a distance.

When a badge is grabbed, the player can keep pressing a button to relocate it with the crane, arcade style

Up B: Badge Voyage
The Badge Bunny uses his crane on himself, lifting him up diagonally
The Bomb lifts him straight up, damaging himself, while the hammer flings him horizontally.

Down B: Crane Switch
Badge Bunny's crane changes into either an hammer or a bomb, changing the crane's behavior just like in the original game.
For Smash, the Bomb damages in an AoE, while the Hammer KOs, with poor reach.

Yeah, and being a thief in the context of a game like Mario is usually equated to being bad more than good, especially when it's DESIGNED to mess with other players.

And technically I wouldn't call any of our regular Mario enemies "evil", not even Bowser, but the point is that every single character in that stage serves as an antagonist to Mario, and the stage is designed to be chaotic and hazardous. Thematically, it very clearly links to Bowser and the Koopalings (and Bowser Jr but he's almost an 8th Koopaling at this point).
With what?
Grasslands, Mountains and Sky?
Yes, there's a castle in there, but that's because it's a recurring thing in the game.

Chaoticness also doesn't equate to an antanogists homestage.
Rainbow Road features chaos and Shy Guys as well, but it's clearly Rosalina and Luma's homestage.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Why does it have balls in its head?
I mean I'm not surprised it has to have something, but there's a pair of balls in its head. I don't get it.
They're not just any balls.

They're eye. . .balls.

*EDIT* :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Drawing them, no. Drawing a story where the anthropomorphic design is irrelevent to the story, no (just makes people suspect that you can't draw people). A story where the design clashes with themes explored or M rated material is involved, yes.
What if I can draw humans perfectly fine

I'm not going to make them completely human shaped or anything. And relatively proportionate to how they are in real life

I just imagine this specific story with animals

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man the artwork for SF5 is well....it feels rushed is what I would say

image.png

image.jpeg

Especially when this was the artist at his best
image.png