• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chaoticness also doesn't equate to an antanogists homestage.
Rainbow Road features chaos and Shy Guys as well, but it's clearly Rosalina and Luma's homestage.
It's different though, all of these antagonistic characters are directly trying to be meddlesome to the fighters, true to their personalities. The Shy Guys are just having a race and the fighters happen to be in the way.

---------------

I found :4villagerf: in SAO.

Looks exactly like Akairiot's FemVillager too.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well I recently updated my roster but never posted it in any of the roster threads. Might as well post it now since Nintenzilla posted his.
+++ Midna, Ashley, Ridley, Snake, No cuts
++ Elma, Inkling, Lara Croft, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur
+ Dixie Kong, Non-specific Pokemon newcomer because I CAN PRETEND IT'S WEAVILE
-- Impa, Bandana Dee
+/- Everyone else

Overall, it's great but also incredibly excessive. I have a feeling we won't be a seeing a roster this large any time soon.
-Eww Midna

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
It's different though, all of these antagonistic characters are directly trying to be meddlesome to the fighters, true to their personalities. The Shy Guys are just having a race and the fighters happen to be in the way.

---------------

I found :4villagerf: in SAO.

Looks exactly like Akairiot's FemVillager too.

I love Lizbeth probably my second favorite female character in the show.And i never seen the parallels between the two but now that you image akairiot villager and Lizbeth Do look a hell a like

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sweet Jesus that proportion! The hell kind of alien species is that?!
Calling that a "human" is giving it too much credit. Who the hell drew these?!
It's likes he doesn't have any muscle.

What I hate is the facial structure and how Laura's skin tone is straight pale.

That body is something unreal. It's like a stick figure with balloons for breast

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, TBH I think the regular Street Fighter artwork has too much muscle

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's likes he doesn't have any muscle.

What I hate is the facial structure and how Laura's skin tone is straight pale.

That body is something unreal. It's like a stick figure with balloons for breast
Yeah that's something I've noticed a lot. Quite a few characters are drawn with really pointy chins.

Though then again, it's not like her official art is any better:

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but that looks honest to god painful (if not impossible). It's like her upper and lower halves are trying to go two separate ways.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So I decided to give a points system to my fanart folders. If an art includes for example Mario and Peach, Mario and Peach both get +1 point. If one is just Mario, then he gets +1. ect.

So since Kid Icarus & Bayonetta are the only ones I consider "complete" (even tho they will keep on growing, probbably) , here's the results:
Bayonetta - 38
Jeanne - 11
Rosa - 6
Balder - 6
Rodin - 4
Cereza - 4
Luka - 3
Loki - 2
Enzo- 2
Alraune - 1
Pit - 62
Dark Pit - 51
Palutena - 37
Viridi - 33
Medusa - 20
Pandora (both) - 18
Phosphora - 14
Hades - 6
Magnus - 6
Arlon - 4
Cragalanche - 3
Thanatos - 2
Chaos Kin - 2
Twinbellows - 2
Chariot Master - 2
Pyrrhon - 1
Little Girl - 1
Dark Lord Gaol - 1
Great Reaper - 1
Sprites - 11
Concept Art - 9
Quotes- 9
'Mine' - 2
Retro - 1

What FanArts should I focus on searching next? There's only these options atm because reasons. Feel free to suggest others you feel have some great fanarts as well, however.
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • The Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit / That World
  • Super Smash Brothers
  • Splatoon
Yes, I'm strange. :3

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
View attachment 97274
Somebody actually thought that looked okay.
Correction:
Someone had to draw this and thought it looked good.
An editor had to look at this and thought it looked good.
People had to program this into the game and thought it was good.
People playtesting looked at this and thought it was okay.
Producers, markets, and the higher ups all looked at this, and thought: "Yeah this is all right."

Welp.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I decided to give a points system to my fanart folders. If an art includes for example Mario and Peach, Mario and Peach both get +1 point. If one is just Mario, then he gets +1. ect.

So since Kid Icarus & Bayonetta are the only ones I consider "complete" (even tho they will keep on growing, probbably) , here's the results:
Bayonetta - 38
Jeanne - 11
Rosa - 6
Balder - 6
Rodin - 4
Cereza - 4
Luka - 3
Loki - 2
Enzo- 2
Alraune - 1
Pit - 62
Dark Pit - 51
Palutena - 37
Viridi - 33
Medusa - 20
Pandora (both) - 18
Phosphora - 14
Hades - 6
Magnus - 6
Arlon - 4
Cragalanche - 3
Thanatos - 2
Chaos Kin - 2
Twinbellows - 2
Chariot Master - 2
Pyrrhon - 1
Little Girl - 1
Dark Lord Gaol - 1
Great Reaper - 1
Sprites - 11
Concept Art - 9
Quotes- 9
'Mine' - 2
Retro - 1

What FanArts should I focus on searching next? There's only these options atm because reasons. Feel free to suggest others you feel have some great fanarts as well, however.
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • The Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit / That World
  • Super Smash Brothers
  • Splatoon
Yes, I'm strange. :3
This reminds me that I should create a Rosalina folder since I have so many images of her at this point. Need to organise them.

For some reason I feel like doing so might be a bit over the top, though. I dunno why.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just finished paying off my preorders for Twilight Princess HD, Pokkén Tournament, and the Pokkén Controller (I originally said I wasn't going to get that controller, I decided hell with it and go ahead).

But I am a little disappointed that Wii Remote/Nunchuk control options doesn't appear to be in the HD version of Twilight Princess.

As for that Pokémon "leak" from a couple pages ago, I would've believed it more if they bothered to included Mega evolutions as well but apparently not.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Laura just obviously has taken rigorous amounts of whatever Dhalsim does for yoga.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Thank you Soos, this was really all we needed to see when visiting this thread.

So long Gravity Falls indeed. :crying:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Correction:
Someone had to draw this and thought it looked good.
An editor had to look at this and thought it looked good.
People had to program this into the game and thought it was good.
People playtesting looked at this and thought it was okay.
Producers, markets, and the higher ups all looked at this, and thought: "Yeah this is all right."

Welp.
I feel like people just didn't care about the base game considering they put no detail into this game.

It seems super rushed which is likely considering that this game would have taken longer if Sony didn't fund the game.

I swear, this would have benefited from a delay until the holiday season. I understand that you'll miss EVO, CEO and Capcom Cup would get screwed up in preparation but damn I think it could have taken its time.

Killer Instinct went through this problem with how Microsoft had to rush this as a launch title. However it did benefit from it though

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I've been thinking about the possibility of Generation 6.5 happening with Pokemon Z in light of Pokemon Z, and just yesterday, I thought about one possible hint for Generation 6.5 that hasn't been discussed yet: Ash's current Kalos team.

What do I mean? Well, for those that aren't up to date with he Pokemon anime, Ash's team currently consists of Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Noibat (which will soon be a Noivern), and a Hawlucha.

"OK, thanks for sharing me his current team. What's the deal behind it?" I'm getting there. As of this post, he is getting close to receiving his 8th gym badge, but he still doesn't have a full team; it's still just those five Pokemon. With the Kalos Pokemon League matches hinted to take place this year, it seems odd that Ash doesn't have a full team yet (no way is he going into the league without a full team), but why could it be?

I think that they are saving the final slot on Ash's team for a Generation 6.5 Pokemon. This generation 6.5 Pokemon could make an appearance in the anime similar to Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, etc. did in the past where they will be revealed by the time they make their first appearance but they will have an appearance in the anime prior to the new game's (the one that Pokemon will debut in) is released, except this time, Ash will catch this Pokemon. It seems like they don't want Ash's team to be complete to hype us up for the exciting new concept of a generation 6.5, and to highlight this new idea, one of Ash's Pokemon on his Kalos team will be a part of the newly added Pokemon in Pokemon Z. It's happened before too. Munchlax, Bonsly, and Mime Jr. joined May, Brock, and James's teams respectively before generation 4 was released.

Of course, it's entirely possible that Ash's 6th Pokemon will be a Kalos 'mon we already know, but considering where he and the gang are currently are in Kalos, I don't think there's too many options. Then again, this is all just speculation, but I can't help but think of the possibility that the writers might know about what Pokemon Z has in store and are purposely not completing Ash's team right away so that he could obtain a Generation 6.5 Pokemon as another way to advertise Pokemon Z.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yes, I think that every generation will revive a Pokemon from the previous generation,

Gen. 6: Lucario
Gen. 7: Zoroark
Gen. 8: Greninja?
Gen. 9: No idea

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This reminds me that I should create a Rosalina folder since I have so many images of her at this point. Need to organise them.

For some reason I feel like doing so might be a bit over the top, though. I dunno why.
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. :p
I think I should make one as well, since it's all I care about from the Mario series in terms of fanart (except scenery/locations). It's low priority for now.
Yes, I think that every generation will revive a Pokemon from the previous generation,

That's an interesting theory. I like it. But right now I do believe Zoroark missed his chance...

Shame, because I really want to play as Grass / Dark / Ghost / Better Water type Pokemon.
That's more boring than competitive Brawl...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If we do in fact get a "Gen 6.5", I wouldn't be surprised if the mythical Z game had new Pokémon untradable to X/Y/OR/AS.

Ever since Gen IV, the newer games within a generation always had Pokémon forms exclusive to that new game but I have a feeling it could eventually go to the next level and do exclusive Pokémon rather than forms.

Will this happen? I'm not sure nor am I holding my breath for this generation.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That one rebel that doesn't have a Mega Kangaskhan
How can you have a mega kangaskhan and a mega salamance?

They give BOTH mega ...balls, or whatever they are called and just evolve the one they need more?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Listening video game music strangely enough makes me feel me better when I'm feeling down. Hmm... maybe music means much more to me than I previously thought.

:094:
from my experience, it really helps.

and as weird as it sounds, listening to sad music actually helped me because for some reasons, hearing my sadness translated into a music helps me to grasp it better.

It's weird, and I truly try this,, but it just helps me.

The opposite is also true, if I feel very happy, I might just play happy vgm or if it's huge, we believe in you mario :)

Like I jsut love listening to vgm......they are so diverse :)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pokémon "balancing" is an absolute trainwreck, especially in the competitive scene.

Always has, always will.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gamefreak doesn't even try to balance pokemon

Just look what they gave mega blastoise, and what they gave mega charizard X as abilities

Heck, even mega venusaur's ability is better than mega blastoise and he's the "Least popular" of the trio

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

There's literally nothing to back this up though. Why start with Gen VI, for one?

As well, a very big hole here is that in order to be revived, your popularity had to have died. Lucario's popularity and marketing never faltered. Hell, he was still being pushed in Generation V. Getting a wild Riolu to evolve into Lucario was a huge selling point in Black 2 and White 2. Not to mention things like Lucario Man/Riolu Kid from PokeStar Studios.

Zoroark's likely not getting a marketing "revival" beyond a possible Mega...which other Pokemon would also get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom