• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There's literally nothing to back this up though. Why start with Gen VI, for one?

As well, a very big hole here is that in order to be revived, your popularity had to have died. Lucario's popularity and marketing never faltered. Hell, he was still being pushed in Generation V. Getting a wild Riolu to evolve into Lucario was a huge selling point in Black 2 and White 2. Not to mention things like Luciario Man/Riolu Kid from PokeStar Studios.

Zoroark's likely not getting a marketing "revival" beyond a possible Mega...which other Pokemon would also get.
Actually it was just an opinion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about Mega Blastoise's ability doubles the attack of the pulse moves

and he gets lightning pulse, ice pulse, and fire pulse

Also let him have heal pulse

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well you're still supposed to back an opinion up...

Otherwise, it's just kinda nonsensical rambling.
Um... Okay...

I think Zoroark could potentially get a revival in gen. 7 just like how Lucario did in gen. 6, as Zoroark was the face of gen. 5, again though, that's just my opinion.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are there any good third gen ghost Pokemon for Smash?
Why are you specifically looking for a Gen III Ghost type for Smash?

Literally none of them are marketable or special.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I can think of a few reasons why not.
Um, okay.

I mean I was asking because I've never really heard any good ideas for one in that gen, and wanted to see if others had some good ideas for one, which is why I asked.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I've been thinking about the possibility of Generation 6.5 happening with Pokemon Z in light of Pokemon Z, and just yesterday, I thought about one possible hint for Generation 6.5 that hasn't been discussed yet: Ash's current Kalos team.

What do I mean? Well, for those that aren't up to date with he Pokemon anime, Ash's team currently consists of Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Noibat (which will soon be a Noivern), and a Hawlucha.

"OK, thanks for sharing me his current team. What's the deal behind it?" I'm getting there. As of this post, he is getting close to receiving his 8th gym badge, but he still doesn't have a full team; it's still just those five Pokemon. With the Kalos Pokemon League matches hinted to take place this year, it seems odd that Ash doesn't have a full team yet (no way is he going into the league without a full team), but why could it be?

I think that they are saving the final slot on Ash's team for a Generation 6.5 Pokemon. This generation 6.5 Pokemon could make an appearance in the anime similar to Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, etc. did in the past where they will be revealed by the time they make their first appearance but they will have an appearance in the anime prior to the new game's (the one that Pokemon will debut in) is released, except this time, Ash will catch this Pokemon. It seems like they don't want Ash's team to be complete to hype us up for the exciting new concept of a generation 6.5, and to highlight this new idea, one of Ash's Pokemon on his Kalos team will be a part of the newly added Pokemon in Pokemon Z. It's happened before too. Munchlax, Bonsly, and Mime Jr. joined May, Brock, and James's teams respectively before generation 4 was released.

Of course, it's entirely possible that Ash's 6th Pokemon will be a Kalos 'mon we already know, but considering where he and the gang are currently are in Kalos, I don't think there's too many options. Then again, this is all just speculation, but I can't help but think of the possibility that the writers might know about what Pokemon Z has in store and are purposely not completing Ash's team right away so that he could obtain a Generation 6.5 Pokemon as another way to advertise Pokemon Z.
Oh, they already announced Z? *looks it up*

Well, back to my original theory that they're holding back on Gen 7 until the next handheld so they don't end up releasing an entire generation while a new handheld needs to be supported again.

It still begs the question even further of what's taking Game Freak so long this time around. I guess they're restructuring in order to be ready for the new one year development cycles?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Saw the title, thought I'd just say that I really enjoyed Gravity Falls' series finale.

Personally I thought it was the most respectful send-off to any show I've ever followed. Animated or otherwise.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Um... Okay...

I think Zoroark could potentially get a revival in gen. 7 just like how Lucario did in gen. 6, as Zoroark was the face of gen. 5, again though, that's just my opinion.
Again, Lucario didn't get a "revival." His popularity and marketing never went away.

Dusclops, sableye, and Claydol

No
Claydol's not Ghost though. :p And you forgot Banette.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Um, okay.

I mean I was asking because I've never really heard any good ideas for one in that gen, and wanted to see if others had some good ideas for one, which is why I asked.
If you specifically want generation 3

There is Blaziken and sceptile

Again, Lucario didn't get a "revival." His popularity and marketing never went away.

Claydol's not Ghost though. :p And you forgot Banette.
Oh...Oops

And I knew I forgot one pokemon.

Claydol looks like a ghost...

Last edited:
Um, okay.

Sceptile has been the bandwagon pokemon choice for a long ass time now.

Plus Blaziken exists

EDIT no :4greninja: is not a gen 3 pokemon

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So guys who's ready for pokemon Z Rumors?

Here's a supposed list of pokemon that will be in the game. From 4cahn, but I found it on Pokejungle. Trying to find the thread now.

Thoughts? The names are interesting, and have some awesome type combinations.
>Grass Fire
>Water Fire
>Electric Psychic
This has too many pokemon types I want to be real.

Well to be fair he could gain back relevance and popularity if he gets a Mega Evolution in gen. 7.

(Also dat gameplay potential)
Yes, Zoroark was a promoted Pokemon for Gen 5 that got its own film like Lucario.
But Lucario was one of THE Pokemon to push the mechanic of Mega Evos, like Mewtwo, at the forefront.
Even if Zoroark got a MegaEvo in Gen 7... we are at 46 Pokemon, 48 Mega Evos. The uniqueness of being one to have this is already starting to get dilluted.
To me, claiming that Zoroark would have a strong case from a Mega Evo would be like saying Micaiah was going to be our next Fire Emblem character (for Smash 4, before the reveals) because of her being promoted through one of Awakening's DLC campaigns with a new design.

There's one major thing in the comparison: Lucario got in when he was more relevant. Mega Evo's "resparked" him being one of THE poster Pokemon for the series as a whole, not just Gen IV. Zoroark has really only been something for Gen 5.

Man the artwork for SF5 is well....it feels rushed is what I would say

Especially when this was the artist at his best
View attachment 97266
As someone thin enough to be accused of having an eating disorder by my family.
Jesus someone needs to get Lara some food. Her arms put together are as thick as her torso.

But yeah... I've jokingly wanted to compare some of the earlier posted art to that in Skullgirls's story mode. But THAT was stylized, indie, and... actually looks better than these most recent posts.

Hell, the DLC scenes for Skullgirls put this to shame.
regular
dlc

I meant specifically a ghost type.
Gen 3 literally introduced only 5 ghost pokemon. 2 of the 5 are Prevos. Sabelye, Banette, and Dusclops is all you got.

None of them really having the popularity of tings like Gengar, Mismagius, Rotom, Aegislash, or Chandellure.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Aegislash could be a unique character in Pokken but I don't see him working in smash the same way

A pokemon pokemon would probably be best for him in smash

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Woah.

Apparently there are going to be MORE free things on Steam tomorrow.

Free things?! AHA how does one go about getting these free things from steam lol
Just install it on steam

Jet Set Radio is free and you just need to click "install" on its store page.
Woah.

Apparently there are going to be MORE free things on Steam tomorrow.
"We've heard complaints about Street Fighter V's Free to won DLC being an issue. So we decided to make the entire game free"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just noticed today that my Key of Time necklace I got with Rodea has gone missing...

Damn, I'm never going to find another one if I can't find it again...I think my mother might have rooted through my room and done something with it, I've lost things before with her doing that.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Good point. Also IMO that Pokemon is kinda lame.
Also I have another marketable Ghost type:

I think he'd be cool in Smash.
I mean.
I honestly did forget Volcanion because it "doesn't exist yet" so to speak.
But also I largely disregard legendaries when I think about type combinations because I never use em.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently Condemned: Criminal Origins, Streets of Rage II and Binary Domain will be free tomorrow.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
First of all, why are Legendaries legal and two Competitive Pokemon is hot garbage.

Game Freak and TPC want to care so much but don't do the right things to help it.
This is why I hate the VGC. Everyone has the same team and strategy each time. It's so boring and un creative. I like competitive battling, but my team is made up of mons you don't see often, and they usually do well, so I like it that way. I also find it really dumb that they lifted the legendary ban this year. That makes things even worse.

And I could totally see Ash's 6 mon in the show being from gen 6.5

I thought it would be reserved for a mega, but then Ash greninja happened.

Any of the viable mons left( assuming they pull something from Kalos) wouldn't make sense.

His main options would be phantump, honedge, maybe the floette line, and bergmite.

At this point it makes no sense for him to get them as they'd feel out of place and have almost no time to evolve. And he probably wouldn't catch one of their evolutions, but who knows

I do think it be cool for Ash to enter the league with a pokemon no one in Kalos has really seen though.

It also makes sense, since we know how the next 10-15 episodes will play out, but none of them have a sign of a 6th capture. They seem to be secretive about it, so I hope it pays off.

Oh and Gen 3's ghost types are cool, but would not fit smash bros. Maybe pokken though.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Glad to see Gravity Falls get a proper sendoff.

That's something most shows will never have. (R.I.P Teen Titans)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Good point. Also IMO that Pokemon is kinda lame.
Also I have another marketable Ghost type:

I think he'd be cool in Smash.
And you guys thought witch time was broken?

Whoo Boy!

Just wait until you see Hoopa's rings used to teleport you to your doom!

(Hoopa for Pokken!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom