• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Leaving out 1P VS CPU seems still seems really silly. I mean, how long would that actually take to make? The rest I can get but... 1P VS CPU??
Either way it looks like the term "Crapcom" is officially dead now. :p

:094:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
More than the bits and pieces I'm being told secondhand.
I'm sorry, could you rephrase? I think you mean the exact content being released for free.

Well, if I remember, everything that's coming at this point is...

• Various minor modes
  • Story mode
  • Various Characters
There could be more, but I think that's it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So. . .Smash Brothers did a bad thing. Again.

So what do we do? Boycott the next one that comes out? Picket the release of the next game?

What would we even be boycotting it for? The lack of competitive gameplay? The lack of a story mode? The on-disc DLC? Samus' heels?

Not that the complaints aren't valid, but I've heard so many at this point that I'm at a loss. What do we even do with all this? The only thing I can come up with is to make a coherent list of the most common complaints and post it every time the conversation shifts to what Smash did wrong just in case Nintendo sees it somehow.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So. . .Smash Brothers did a bad thing. Again.

So what do we do? Boycott the next one that comes out? Picket the release of the next game?

What would we even be boycotting it for? The lack of competitive gameplay? The lack of a story mode? The on-disc DLC? Samus' heels?

Not that the complaints aren't valid, but I've heard so many at this point that I'm at a loss. What do we even do with all this? The only thing I can come up with is to make a coherent list to the most common complaints and post it every time the conversation shifts to what Smash did wrong just in case Nintendo sees it somehow.
Well Smash never had on-disc DLC.

If they did, it would have been placeholders then.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That gravity falls Finale had so many feels!

IT was ended perfectly!

I'm so sad, yet it's so great to see the show end in such a great way!

I have no idea when I will be able to watch the GF finale. If you don't mind keeping away spoilers that would be swell.
-the fun police

I don't mind the fact she has heels. What I DO mind is how ****ing tacky they are. The colour and shape is really unappealing
Heels have no place in a battlefield

Looking at you Elma and Wonder Pink
Bayonetta gets a pass for actually utilizing them

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I missed the Gravity Falls finale but thankfully I recorded it.

And I see we're still on the Street Fighter V conversation...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of fighting games & downloadable content, it might be worth saying that there are no plans for DLC in Pokkén Tournament

Honestly, unlike Smash, my expectations for DLC actually happening is reasonably low.

Last edited:
Speaking of fighting games & downloadable content, it might be worth saying that there are currently no plans for DLC in Pokkén Tournament

Honestly, unlike Smash, my expectations for DLC actually happening is reasonably low.
Wait what?

I kind of assumed there would be updates and keeping up with the game after its release. If that is true this is a little dissapointing :/

I thought namco was known for big rosters and good continuous support

Last edited:

Chrono.

Speaking of fighting games & downloadable content, it might be worth saying that there are currently no plans for DLC in Pokkén Tournament

>Namco Bandai
>No DLC

I'll believe it when I see it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of fighting games & downloadable content, it might be worth saying that there are no plans for DLC in Pokkén Tournament

>Namco Bandai
>No DLC

I'll believe it when I see it.
This!

Sakurai also said there were no plans for DLC, let's look at the 8 extra characters that magically appeared then.

Basically, they see pokken is getting hype, and it's namco, if the game sells well fast, there will probably be DLC.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I'd like to see the full quote of that as it could be another case like Smash where they're not planning on making DLC during production and instead focus on the main game itself, but leave it open to the possibility once they're in post-production.

Whatever the case though, we'll see soon enough as I'm sure someone will look into the game and see if there's any indication of DLC once it comes out.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
That gravity falls Finale had so many feels!

IT was ended perfectly!

I'm so sad, yet it's so great to see the show end in such a great way!
like it ended so good and perfectly.Like i can't describe it.I dont even know if im sad about the episode or the fact that i'll never see these characters again

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, this monitor seems to travel is very interesting ways

Screenshot from 2016-02-15 20:22:39.png

:)

This is the purolator tracking of my monitor and this is not a joke. Can someone explain me if it just got jammed in the machine or they are drunk?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Pokkén Tournament, has Namco/Nintendo/Pokémon Company announced there will more any more fighters or have they revealed all?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Speaking of Pokkén Tournament, has Namco/Nintendo/Pokémon Company announced there will more any more fighters or have they revealed all?
According to the CSS there are at least 4(? can't remember the exact number) spots remaining for more characters...of course they could very well expand on the CSS if they wanted to, but we don't know by how much if at all...

D

Deleted member

I said I was going to keep my ****ing mouth shut, but this needs to be addressed.
Last thing I'm going to say on this matter since I'm legitimately pissed off at this point to the point I want to verbally chew out everyone.

No it really didn't.

There's no way they could have a mode and stage in a presentable state without working on it for some time. And still...

There was data found for Tournament mode in the inital game, before any updates.

We had the music tracks for more than a year before they were used.

Production started before, or else those tracks wouldn't have been there.

The upload date is December which is when DeoxsysPrime uploaded the Smash original music including peices in the 3DS version like Trophy Shop.

This was also before any major updates.
Yes it did.

Even going by the whole "Tournament Mode and Miiverse are DLC" idea that I refuse to follow, you're forgetting one extremely important detail.
These features were SUPPOSED to be part of the initial release. These features needed more time to iron out in regards to their online nature.

Of ****ing COURSE there's going to be traces of data within the game for them and they are able to be showed in a "presentable state". THEY WEREN'T ORIGINALLY DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
GF may be over, but I ain't changing my avatar any time soon.

Seven.
My mistake, I auto evned it because it felt so natural!
WOLF IS COMING HOME AFTER ALL!
Oh **** I wasn't suppose to leak this! You didn't see anything:
machamp.jpg

Must Delete Everything!

like it ended so good and perfectly.Like i can't describe it.I dont even know if im sad about the episode or the fact that i'll never see these characters again
I know, it's such a strange feeling!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

GameXplain's new Topic for their podcast or AKA how Source Gaming needs to step their game up. You hear that PushDustIn PushDustIn

But as for disappointment in games. Try Megaman Battle Network 4, Resident Evil 6, Brutal Legends, Epic Mickey (I love to hear Opossum Opossum opinion on it) and Halo 4 which killed my love for Halo
We are constantly working to improve our videos and podcast! GameXplain has a couple hundred videos on us, but we will catch up~ if you want to help us out donate to our patreon. As of right now, we can't afford better equipment.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So we talking Street Fighter V? Seeing as how there are a lack of modes in the initial launch, it is somewhat disappointing and unusual. However, I think I'll probably be able to enjoy the game and just have some fun trying out the new characters, especially Rashid and F.A.N.G. I'm not going to start playing just yet - I've got a small embargo so I can finish my University's Online Enrolment form first before I actually begin playing.

Hopefully we will be seeing the traditional fighting game modes come soon, rather than waiting a full year for the arcade mode.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We are constantly working to improve our videos and podcast! GameXplain has a couple hundred videos on us, but we will catch up~ if you want to help us out donate to our patreon. As of right now, we can't afford better equipment.
Well you are here just in time! I just saw this:

Supposedly this confirms Masuda Will NOT be going to E3. Is this correct?

And SG is doing great as is! Don't sweat it! I wish I could donate to the patreon, but I cannot sadly. I hope you guys can get the money for you equipment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom