• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching a review of Sonichu.

Whenever I see Chris-Chan and the fruits of his labor, I see myself in him. And it scares me. I feel scared of myself, disappointed in myself, and desperate to not be what I see in front of me.

I don't want to be like that anymore. I want to be as far away from that as possible.
As far as I know you've never pepper sprayed a guy.

Plus you're posting here like and your posts are totally normal. Sounds like you're doing a hell of a lot better than them :)

Just gotta keep a positive outlook and keep working on improvement and everything will work out fine.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Unrelated to dumping on SAO again.

"So Street Fighter V will be launching tomorrow and the following content is missing until later in 2016 and so on:
Challenges
Trials
1P vs CPU
CPU vs CPU
8 player lobbies
Cinematic story mode
Individual character stories themselves are also missing 2-3 chapters each
In-game shop
Alternate costumes (you can earn them but can't unlock them until the in-game store comes out in March)
Spectator Mode
Stage transition canceled.
Targets
Extra battles
Arcade
No Gallery Mode." - Page I follow.
This... sounds absolutely stupid if so.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The current thread title sounds like one hell of an anime!

Also sword art online is ok, but the abridged is funnier and better imo.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I got caught up with all of Tokyo Ghoul even though I had basically no clue about what it was about a week ago.

My life is changed.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

"So Street Fighter V will be launching tomorrow and the following content is missing until later in 2016 and so on:
Challenges
Trials
1P vs CPU
CPU vs CPU
8 player lobbies
Cinematic story mode
In-game shop
Alternate costumes (you can earn them but can't unlock them until the in-game store comes out in March)
Spectator Mode
Targets
Extra battles
Arcade
Source please?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Senran Kagura characters are given more depth.

And it at least wears the absurdity of its fanservice on the sleeve.
I was told those games were surprisingly good. I was wanting to buy the first 3DS game, but I'm broke.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Source please?
Literally just said by a page I follow with no backing.
I was curious how much of this has been confirmed and disconfirmed.

I was told those games were surprisingly good. I was wanting to buy the first 3DS game, but I'm broke.
I mean... in a way.
It's :4bayonetta: syndrome. Where it's a game where the sexuality of it is very intentional and at the base of things but the combat is just damn enjoyable.

Just in a more "Arcade beat em up" way than actually driving a story foreward.

....And honestly being more pushing of its fanservice.

Edit: Prepare for things taken to extreme and absurdity. That's the simplest way of saying it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
how are you supposed to play if you can't fight 1 v CPU?

With people?

I never play with people

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Challenges
Trials
1P vs CPU
CPU vs CPU
8 player lobbies
Cinematic story mode
In-game shop
Spectator Mode
Targets
Extra battles
Arcade
Oh, so they're basically releasing an incomplete game and use DLC to complete it.

Sounds like Capc--oh, wait.

The current thread title sounds like one hell of an anime!
You can thank yours truly for it.

So I got caught up with all of Tokyo Ghoul even though I had basically no clue about what it was about a week ago.

My life is changed.
I hear the manga is better than the anime.

Heard a lot of good things about the manga, but not so much about the anime.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sounds like they are half-assing the entire game.whats next, 1P va CPU is a $10.00 DLC?
As Frost said.
Capcom has done... some shady acts before with releasing "incomplete" games and then using DLC to finish it.

Wasn't it found that Most of SF4's DLC fighters were ON DISC but locked behind paywalls?

Edit: That was Street Fighter x Tekken. Still.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh, so they're basically releasing an incomplete game and use DLC to complete it.

Sounds like Capc--oh, wait.

You can thank yours truly for it.

I hear the manga is better than the anime.

Heard a lot of good things about the manga, but not so much about the anime.
Anime butchers the manga. Manga is fantastic though, one of the best psychological ones I've read.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Street Fighter 5 really should have been released this summer, but they decided to release it now without all the content so players could start competing now.

The story mode and other like features are to be added latter for free.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Challenges
Trials
1P vs CPU
CPU vs CPU
8 player lobbies
Cinematic story mode
In-game shop
Spectator Mode
Targets
Extra battles
Arcade
Oh you AAA companies and your silly business practices. When will you ever learn?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Speaking of anime, I need to flip through some of the online providers and see if I can find this one OVA based off a game series I like. I want to see it.

Edit: Dang, I overlooked a post regarding Capcom's shady practices. By this point, I'm not even disappointed with what they're doing. I passed disappointment a long time ago. Monster Hunter, I feel, is their last good series.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A few minutes ago I was almost a victim of an icy road accident. Thankfully I got out without a scratch.

I just preordered Pokkén Tournament at GameStop while I was out. I was planning to preorder the ProCube controller but they said I couldn't do so (but I was able to preorder the Pokkén Controller for whatever reason).

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I honestly don't see a lot of hate for the show.

I thought the general consensus was that it's good and the best thing to come out of the Boom franchise.
Could be just me hanging with the wrong crowd. The "Colors writing and beyond was the worst thing that could have happened to the series" crowd. A friend of mine is like, particularly adamant about the show, he's said things about people who like it that I dare not repeat here.

Which is annoying considering I like the show and he just pretends I'm somehow not affected by the crap he says. But eh.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Street Fighter 5 really should have been released this summer, but they decided to release it now without all the content so players could start competing now.

The story mode and other like features are to be added latter for free.
Still, it's ridiculous to pay for a game that doesn't even have the basic essentials there.
Even before when Capcom was jutting out SF sequel after SF sequel, they at least new to give us some form of a game.

It'd be like if I gave you a book at full price but I only gave you the first three paragraphs with the promise of giving the rest later on. Why even bother paying for a glorified beta?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A few minutes ago I was almost a victim of an icy road accident. Thankfully I got out without a scratch.

I just preordered Pokkén Tournament at GameStop while I was out. I was planning to preorder the ProCube controller but they said I couldn't do so (but I was able to preorder the Pokkén Controller for whatever reason).
That's good that you got out ok!

In the states the whether is getting very icy, it's best to stay off the roads for now!

And the pro gamecube controller?

Those probably aren't for preorder as they still have stock problems it seems.

Chrono.

SFV is fine, it's getting most the modes in March (which is soon).

Not to mention Splatoon did something similar, and people sung praises for that despite having to wait longer for modes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys SFV has some of those features at launch.

And if you loved Splatoon's model but hate this you're a hypocrite.

It's all free stuff.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Still, it's ridiculous to pay for a game that doesn't even have the basic essentials there.
Even before when Capcom was jutting out SF sequel after SF sequel, they at least new to give us some form of a game.

It'd be like if I gave you a book at full price but I only gave you the first three paragraphs with the promise of giving the rest later on. Why even bother paying for a glorified beta?
That's perfectly fine. If you wait, you'll have the full experience.

But for people who play Street Fighter for the PvP and competitive scene, it's a win-win. Play now, get what you purchased latter.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even with Smash, I feel there was already some degree of shadiness with its DLC.

The pricing is on the high side, especially the costumes. €0.79 per costume is absurd, considering they're mere aesthetic stuff. They didn't even make costumes for the rest of the characters.

I can forgive the €4~6 price tag for the characters, given the complexities of making a character in a game like Smash. Many animations, many moves to program... Especially considering the 4 newcomers have a lot of unique quirks. It does make sense that the veterans are cheaper, considering they're based on previously done concepts and two of them are semi-clones and definitely re-use assets from the base game. As for the stages, they aren't that expensive and they also have some complexity to them.

This said, I think the characters and stages could have been just a little bit cheaper and I wouldn't really discard the idea that they may have inflated the prices a bit for a profit, considering how Smash Bros. is very popular and character reveals are a big deal for the series.

The competitive crowd also definitely benefits from having all the characters and Nintendo has been very much aware of them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It seems like everyone wants to do this whole "Release and incomplete game" these days

Why not just have EVERY game like Ark Survival and Minecraft where you just release it unfinished and just patch everything in as time goes on

Edit: Those games at least give a discount for releasing an unfinished product

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Could be just me hanging with the wrong crowd. The "Colors writing and beyond was the worst thing that could have happened to the series" crowd. A friend of mine is like, particularly adamant about the show, he's said things about people who like it that I dare not repeat here.

Which is annoying considering I like the show and he just pretends I'm somehow not affected by the crap he says. But eh.
To be fair, there definitely was quite a bit of hate for the show when it started out. Although that was probably just an after effect of the games' reception rather than its actual quality.

Not sure what to say about your friend. :/

Burruni

Smash Hero
SFV is fine, it's getting most the modes in March (which is soon).

Not to mention Splatoon did something similar, and people sung praises for that despite having to wait longer for modes.
Guys SFV has some of those features at launch.

And if you loved Splatoon's model but hate this you're a hypocrite.

It's all free stuff.
I didn't know WHAT was confirmed or not of this and was hoping to get that better defined.
Nor how much of this, which wasn't included, was confirmed to be free when it would be integrated.

Holding suspicions given that they have put paywalls on content found on disc before.

D

Deleted member

Watching a review of Sonichu.

Whenever I see Chris-Chan and the fruits of his labor, I see myself in him. And it scares me. I feel scared of myself, disappointed in myself, and desperate to not be what I see in front of me.

I don't want to be like that anymore. I want to be as far away from that as possible.
It's probably not the case. As I've had worried about this thing recently.

I didn't have anything in common at all with this... case... Other than having similiar prefrences, so for awhile I was ashamed for wanting to look beautiful/flamboyant,

But in a quick amount pf time, I was quick to realize how silly thanks to my boyfriend and girlfriend.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's perfectly fine. If you wait, you'll have the full experience.

But for people who play Street Fighter for the PvP and competitive scene, it's a win-win. Play now, get what you purchased latter.
But why? We shouldn't have to live in a world where getting a portion of the experience is okay. Like, this is a ****ty business practice through and though. . I shouldn't want be happy that my experience is diminished. Nor should anyone.

So wait a few months; That's okay. Games take time, and I'm sure fans would understand. There is no excuse for paying full price for something that is less than that. It's bull, it's manipulative, and a shining reason why the gaming industry is a load right now.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's probably not the case. As I've had worried about this thing recently.

I didn't have anything in common at all with this... case... Other than having similiar prefrences, so for awhile I was ashamed for wanting to look beautiful/flamboyant,

But in a quick amount pf time, I was quick to realize how silly thanks to my boyfriend and girlfriend.
You have a boyfriend and girlfriend?

D

Deleted member

I keep hearing this name being thrown around but I still have no idea who it is so I'm just gonna ask already
Who the **** is Chris-chan?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I didn't know WHAT was confirmed or not of this and was hoping to get that better defined.
Nor how much of this, which wasn't included, was confirmed to be free when it would be integrated.

Holding suspicions given that they have put paywalls on content found on disc before.
Were you suspicious of the, having a paywall for free stuff?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I keep hearing this name being thrown around but I still have no idea who it is so I'm just gonna ask already
Who the **** is Chris-chan?
Long story short Chris-chan is a webcomic creator known for making Sonichu (which is considered one of the worst webcomics in recent history).

However, he's more so known for his numerous escapades on both the Internet and in real life.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Free DLC or not, releasing a limited game, charging full price for it is kind of scammy IMO.

I didn't quite like Splatoon's approach either, to be honest.

With Smash Bros., you got a game filled to the brim with content, with around 50 characters, plenty of stages and plenty of game modes. The DLC is just extra stuff that adds more to the experience. If you don't get the DLC, you still have a game with a lot to offer and plenty of replay value.

With SFV, they're withholding basic content from its initial release. People did criticize Splatoon at the initial release for the lack of some features as well. Why did Splatoon get away with it is because everyone was immensely hyped and were like "OMG NINTENDO MADE A NEW IP".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom