• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly I'm moreso worried about the animation style of the PPG reboot if anything.

Because there is a lot wrong with this one frame.
For clarification, the bearded guy is bigger than that and is supposed to be further away from the screen.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like my prediction of Magearna getting Western info release not longer after Japan like pre-Generation VI days was spot on!

Let's see if it stays that way.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As a whole I'm not a fan of the decisions that they made, honestly I think PPG was fine the way it was and really didn't need a reboot.
I really don't count Cartoon Network as having fallen. It's got enough good shows to still be upright.
*COUGH*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Cartoon Network has Sonic Boom.

That has to count for something since it's the only cartoon I watch these days that isn't South Park.

Can't wait for the second season. :4sonic:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The PPG reboot pisses me off for one reason and one reason only.

Tara Strong was refused when wanting to come back as Bubbles.

That poor girl IDENTIFIES as Bubbles. Like I'm serious, Bubbles means more to her than any other character she's voiced in her life time because she was so much like Tara when she was young. This is nothing against the new voice cast, far from it, I don't think they're terrible. But Tara nearly cried when they just wouldn't let her do Bubbles again. She would have done it for dirt cheap even. It's irritating to me that a studio would do that.

It just makes me worry about the show when someone who loves and cherishes the character like herself is denied any involvement.
....what
Honestly I'm moreso worried about the animation style of the PPG reboot if anything.

For clarification, the bearded guy is bigger than that and is supposed to be further away from the screen.
...WHAT

OK I officially have no faith in this cartoon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

That...That artstyle looks lazy...Again, I was never a PPG fan, but the old artstyle was kinda charming

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I really don't count Cartoon Network as having fallen. It's got enough good shows to still be upright.
The problem is that those good shows have to scrape tooth and nail for CN to keep them around most of the time.

Because the network is dumb and good shows cost money.

I am so tempted to pre-order this...

VIVIIIIIIIIII <3

Last edited:
**** TTG. Dont have much else to say.

Are you serious? I just assumed he was really small. . .
I could only imagine the backlash that would happen if we were ever to get a show in the same vein as this one but with Last Airbender characters...

I can just see the hate...
A:TLA is my favorite show of all time.

If they were to revive it at all and make it terrible I would explode. :100:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Remember that pilot for that show I had just posted?

They're actually considering greenlighting it...

R.I.P. Cartoon Network...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

REALLY? I thought he was a dwarf

that's friggin' horrible

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I mostly wonder when every cartoon started looking the same. Even this PPG reboot, while keeping the character designs, just looks like it may as well be a cameo in any number of other shows airing right now. It's weird and uncanny, but most of all it makes everything feel samey and unoriginal. Maybe I'm just getting old and this is just what HD does to everything.
You may have a point.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

:231:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well at least they're not as bad as Nickelodeon...

Riiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhtttttttttt???

D

Deleted member

Anyway, on a different topic, I don't remember this being discussed
Or maybe I just didn't read all the pages who cares who knows

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyway, on a different topic, I don't remember this being discussed
Or maybe I just didn't read all the pages who cares who knows
Wait, the game has status conditions?

Why don't they have a pokemon that specializes in status conditions playable

Imagine venusaur with leach seed, toxic, and giga drain or something

Or, some specifically poison type that specializes in low damaging attacks but poisons the enemy or something?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
They have a show which is 100% fart jokes iirc. How the might have fallen...Speaking of Tara Strong, she's bored with Fairly Odd Parents these days iirc
They're actually desperately trying to be relevant by introducing new characters every season, to the point where Timmy shares his fairies with another girl...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
One could say the same about anime...

But then you have JoJo's.
The point is cartoons weren't this similar in artsyles, if you just go back just 10 years.

Anime on the other hand have had similar artstyles since the 2000s.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The idea that "kids are stupid and you can feed them anything because they don't know better" is horrible.

You have the plastic toy you buy at a dollar store that's going to be broken before the day is over with, and you have the quality toy you always carried around and even still fondly remember to this day. Same concept with cartoons, really.
You may have a point.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Amen.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The idea that "kids are stupid and you can feed them anything because they don't know better" is horrible.

You have the plastic toy you buy at a dollar store that's going to be broken before the day is over with, and you have the quality toy you always carried around and even still fondly remember to this day. Same concept with cartoons, really.

Amen.
Wow, they really did go wrong didn't they, look at how little they have compared to back in the day!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The point is cartoons weren't this similar in artsyles, if you just go back just 10 years.

Anime on the other hand have had similar artstyles since the 2000s.

Hmm... I do suppose you have a point there.

Of course, if you look past the similarities, you realize that art in manga and anime is more diverse.

And then you have JoJo's.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
They're actually desperately trying to be relevant by introducing new characters every season, to the point where Timmy shares his fairies with another girl...
Considering the constant backlash, that show needs to be put out of it's misery. Not even it's Kamen Rider reference will redeem it

Amen.
Don't forget ****ty games based on said ****ty shows

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, they really did go wrong didn't they, look at how little they have compared to back in the day!
While those are the cartoons that were playing at the time, some of those cartoons are from different decades

It's not a completely fair comparison

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
While those are the cartoons that were playing at the time, some of those cartoons are from different decades

It's not a completely fair comparison
Fair enough, but still, they have a much smaller selection.
Considering the constant backlash, that show needs to be put out of it's misery. Not even it's Kamen Rider reference will redeem it

Don't forget ****ty games based on said ****ty shows
Yeah, at this point it's honestpy just somethibg that exists to take space in between shows. It's in some sort of limbo.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ahem
Speaking of Jojo, time to start the second part of Stardust Crusaders...Manga readers, is Diamond is Unbreakable better? Because SC bores me
I stand by mine being better.
However.
DiU is... mixed. A significant amount of people will swear to it being one of the best and worst Part. Namely due to the core cast being one of the most polarizing. And Josuke just being a punk brat for a protagonist.

Chrono.

Reminds me of that one part of the old Street Fighter cartoon.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Anyone got tips to stop/slow down political robocalls?

Being bombarded all day is only making me want to support the candidates even less.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I hate to say this but:

Adventure Time was a mistake. It started a bad trend in animation where that stick figure style/simplistic look has really turned into a bland trend.

I want my realistic feel or go full blown westaboo feel
image.jpeg

Or screw it, just watch Sonic Boom.

Yep, it's that good

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, I'd be lying if I said it was never like this. After all, no idea is 100% original. Everything comes from something else; even animations.

And that's not always a bad thing. Even if you never see it, we are all inspired by the works we read/watch/listen/play and do incorporate them into our own works.

Animation especially has gone a long way. With a varied arrangement of techniques that many pick up in their own way. You'll see a lot of tricks and styles used over generations. Some prefer more modern methods, and others prefer the classical options from their childhood. There's really no wrong way to creat

It's the best thing about art: You can express it your own way.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I stand by mine being better.
However.
DiU is... mixed. A significant amount of people will swear to it being one of the best and worst Part. Namely due to the core cast being one of the most polarizing. And Josuke just being a punk brat for a protagonist.
But is it always the same formula like Stardust? I hate how it's always this. Enemy Stand appears! Polnareff and sidekicks are helpless! Enemy Stand causes more mayhem! Polnareff and friends suddenly think of a clever ass pull! Enemy Stand is defeated!

Burruni

Smash Hero
But is it always the same formula like Stardust? I hate how it's always this. Enemy Stand appears! Polnareff and sidekicks are helpless! Enemy Stand causes more mayhem! Polnareff and friends suddenly think of a clever *** pull! Enemy Stand is defeated!
Nah.
It isn't AS formulaic.
And it does diversify combat better.

Though this won't stop being an apt comparison.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of my stories had a kingdom of candy people

But I changed it because of adventure time

and it's never felt quite right

Edit: I'm not sure if changing it was necessary...?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom