• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

These Anna pics are way too cute
anna_exp4wzu8g.png

I'm still pissed I'll have to buy a DLC map to get her but it's actually kinda funny when you think about it

Also, 4 days until release
But now that my classes are back it's gonna be only pain and suffering feel like an eternity

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
btw I was bored and made Anna expressions on the Live2D thing

Use them if you want

I think they could also be used for Smash dream roster stuff. I think

"Oh we're gonna have fun with these things." :wolf:

Seriously, these are really cool (and cute) and I will certainly put them to use. Thanks.

Holy ****...George R.R. Martin is involved with RWBY... This explains the emotion
Wait... what? Seriously?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So one time when I was young, I believed in a Pokemon video on YouTube that you could get a Mew (It might've been Celebi) once you restarted with a new game and did certain steps in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

It didn't work, and I got pissed all my hard work disappeared.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Burruni Burruni you said something about how the Zelda remakes fixed your problems with the originals and how TPHD seems underwhelming, can you list those reasons again?
Okay.
Being a little brief (edit: this ended up not being too brief), it's the view of my reflections of the original OoT, MM, WW, and TP and what changes existed in the remakes.

With OoT, as cliche as it may sound, it.. was largely a game without any large faults for me to be put off by other than the menu navigation for boots, aiming on an n64 controller and by extension the Big Poes being very obnoxious to hunt. OoT 3D of course had less of a griddy situation with its control stick aiming and had gyro to get just that extra bit of adjustment if you needed and the ability to set the iron boots to item buttons.

With MM... I'm far more against it than most. While having some of the best characterization and deep side quests in the series.... that's almost all that the game can be held up on. The dungeons always came off as the weakest of the 3D games with EVERY DUNGEON ITEM BEING A VARIANT OF BOW AND ARROWS and Odolwa being oddly the only boss of the "race dungeons" in which that transformation is entirely pointless. The raw abundance of masks that had one use at best and the map basically being a circle with four completely unassociated branches which just took away any sense of it being a "world" really didn't help the game just feel slapped together at points. The MM3D changes... made Gyorg and Twinmold worse bosses, screwed over the controls for Deku and Zora Link but gave the four temple bosses a better unified theme with Majora using the massive eye weakspot, had the bomber's notebook give far better details of the plots, and of course similarly fixed matters of item management and aiming as OoT's remake by nature of the engine updating.

With WW, the two big faults of the game are the obvious ones. Sailing and the massive rupee dump from the Triforce quest... which in general was a mess. The fast sail and tweaks to that third of the game really made the experience more enjoyable with the one thing I can't help but yearn for in excess is if the cut dungeons that would've made the arc around restoring the Master Sword less minimal.

With TP.... it's more of an MM situation of many core things of the game being wrong. The art style alone was pretty off-putting for me. Hyrule Field being utterly massive and having so pitifully little in it just makes it seem hallow and lifeless. The fact that they crammed in enough to justify having to push one extra heart piece to make any container and a lot of it still feels empty makes a weird statement on this. The Ball & Chain and Spinner have damn-near no purpose outside of the dungeons you get them in which makes them very vestigial as items put in for gimmicks of dungeons but not thought out enough to integrate into anything else. Wolf Link mechanically I found was very faulty to very often be pitted against aerial enemies when it is the form that has no real range to it. THAT TUTORIAL. The Poe Quest... being obnoxious when you have NO control over time and having to follow blindly around in wolf sense to TRY to find a scent in comparison to Gold Skullutua's often not being THAT off the beaten path and always HEARD in OoT. And lastly... Malo... ech.

The TP changes I've heard so far are slight updates for the graphics which range to good changes to Illia's horse face. Some Poe Lantern. And... that's all I can really think of hearing.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Opossum Opossum

I just bought Code Name S.T.E.A.M. for 10 bucks, brand new, labeled "Good deal!" in one store of the biggest brand of video game retailers in France. Needless to say...

...dis gunna b gud.

I wonder if the price is so low because they actually underestimate the game (whereas they're making customers pay for Chibi-Robo at full price)
Because it's much older. Chibi will soon be roughly the same as Steam.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Happy 9th anniversary Professor Layton, I can't believe only one more year left until the series turns 10 years old. Feels like it was just yesterday when it first came out. ^^;

Anyway, how's things?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
- Bayonetta
- Ghosts
- Banjo
- Sceptile
- Red
- Crash
- Spyro
- Sephiroth
- No second Zelda character
- No Toad
- No Eggman when you have four Sonic characters
- Akuma over someone like Ken or M. Bison

At the very least replace Knuckles with Eggman (or just add Eggman, because you know what they say, the more the merrier) and replace Sceptile with someone else. Oh, and Ken/ M. Bison over Akuma.
... Actually replace Sceptile with Eggman. Kill two Pidgey with one Geodude.

:094:

It's snowing here so classes are cancelled (**** mondays) so i'm going to enjoy my day.. . .by doing absolutely nothing. :p

I keep getting alerts but when I go to check the alerts tab there is nothing there.

I can't tell if smashboards is glitching out every few hours or someone keeps deleting the post that tags me :ohwell:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I went to the preschool I do my practicum at.

All the lights are off and no one is there.... Doors are locked too.

I was supposed to be working right now.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I went to the preschool I do my practicum at.

All the lights are off and no one is there.... Doors are locked too.

I was supposed to be working right now.
It's President's day today. Or were you suppose to go in anyway?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Ball & Chain [has] damn-near no purpose outside of the dungeons you get them in which makes them very vestigial as items put in for gimmicks of dungeons but not thought out enough to integrate into anything else.
The Ball and Chain completely replaces the Bombs though. It can do all the same things.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait....

Ball and chain has no use?

Dude it's like the best weapon. It does the most damage.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh that sucks. A show that might have been pretty decent was canned because in the pilot episode which was submitted to Nickelodeon in 2001, it has them flying between the twin towers...

Extremely bad timing

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Y'all just make me more curious about TP HD but I won't be able to start it by at least September.;.;

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay.
Being a little brief (edit: this ended up not being too brief), it's the view of my reflections of the original OoT, MM, WW, and TP and what changes existed in the remakes.

With OoT, as cliche as it may sound, it.. was largely a game without any large faults for me to be put off by other than the menu navigation for boots, aiming on an n64 controller and by extension the Big Poes being very obnoxious to hunt. OoT 3D of course had less of a griddy situation with its control stick aiming and had gyro to get just that extra bit of adjustment if you needed and the ability to set the iron boots to item buttons.

With MM... I'm far more against it than most. While having some of the best characterization and deep side quests in the series.... that's almost all that the game can be held up on. The dungeons always came off as the weakest of the 3D games with EVERY DUNGEON ITEM BEING A VARIANT OF BOW AND ARROWS and Odolwa being oddly the only boss of the "race dungeons" in which that transformation is entirely pointless. The raw abundance of masks that had one use at best and the map basically being a circle with four completely unassociated branches which just took away any sense of it being a "world" really didn't help the game just feel slapped together at points. The MM3D changes... made Gyorg and Twinmold worse bosses, screwed over the controls for Deku and Zora Link but gave the four temple bosses a better unified theme with Majora using the massive eye weakspot, had the bomber's notebook give far better details of the plots, and of course similarly fixed matters of item management and aiming as OoT's remake by nature of the engine updating.

With WW, the two big faults of the game are the obvious ones. Sailing and the massive rupee dump from the Triforce quest... which in general was a mess. The fast sail and tweaks to that third of the game really made the experience more enjoyable with the one thing I can't help but yearn for in excess is if the cut dungeons that would've made the arc around restoring the Master Sword less minimal.

With TP.... it's more of an MM situation of many core things of the game being wrong. The art style alone was pretty off-putting for me. Hyrule Field being utterly massive and having so pitifully little in it just makes it seem hallow and lifeless. The fact that they crammed in enough to justify having to push one extra heart piece to make any container and a lot of it still feels empty makes a weird statement on this. The Ball & Chain and Spinner have damn-near no purpose outside of the dungeons you get them in which makes them very vestigial as items put in for gimmicks of dungeons but not thought out enough to integrate into anything else. Wolf Link mechanically I found was very faulty to very often be pitted against aerial enemies when it is the form that has no real range to it. THAT TUTORIAL. The Poe Quest... being obnoxious when you have NO control over time and having to follow blindly around in wolf sense to TRY to find a scent in comparison to Gold Skullutua's often not being THAT off the beaten path and always HEARD in OoT. And lastly... Malo... ech.

The TP changes I've heard so far are slight updates for the graphics which range to good changes to Illia's horse face. Some Poe Lantern. And... that's all I can really think of hearing.
Ball and Chain was my favorite item in the game

I used it all the time

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly I've never had an issue with Wolf Link's gameplay. I always thought he was pretty fun.
I watched a video that suggested he should have a finishing move like human Link, but the thing is that's not how you're supposed to play him.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ball & Chain is one of my favourite weapons in TP...It literally one shots almost anything...and just standing there swinging it around like a boss smacking enemies as they get close is satisfying as it is...

Honestly I've never had an issue with Wolf Link's gameplay. I always thought he was pretty fun.
I watched a video that suggested he should have a finishing move like human Link, but the thing is that's not how you're supposed to play him.
He actually does...though he only uses it on the Poes...but the Dark Energy Attack doesn't really warrant having a finishing move anyways since it destroys a horde of enemies around you...

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
The Ball and Chain completely replaces the Bombs though. It can do all the same things.
....This is something I never learned.
Which is kinda odd because that's something I actually tested with the Megaton and Skull Hammers.

Wait....

Ball and chain has no use?

Dude it's like the best weapon. It does the most damage.
It just always felt really... impractical to use.

Ball and Chain was my favorite item in the game

I used it all the time
I had a different experience.

A little interesting that THIS is the one thing that people call out on. Thanks for letting me know if I ever replay.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also, couldn't it destroy those really annoying ice guys

They were like invulnerable to a lot of stuff

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, I'm just going to skip the train of thought that led up to this and point out my revelation just now.

B2W2 was the way it was because someone at Nintendo thought third versions were getting too predictable and was aiming to stop that, so they mandated a change from the formula. However, it had no result whatsoever, and people are more adamant about predicting third versions than ever, just with a couple of incredibly cheap tweaks thrown into their predictions from time to time.

Whoever made that mandate likely was not pleased. And they would still have the power to mandate.

Someone, somewhere out there, has a desire to throw us off on par with Sakurai, except with control over everyone's paychecks rather than direct influence over development. And if we didn't break their spirit by undermining them the first time, we could be in for a wild ride. . .

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He actually does...though he only uses it on the Poes...but the Dark Energy Attack doesn't really warrant having a finishing move anyways since it destroys a horde of enemies around you...
I know...but I obviously mean on regular enemies.
And that's the point anyways. You're supposed to kill multiple enemies with the AoE...thing.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also, couldn't it destroy those really annoying ice guys

They were like invulnerable to a lot of stuff
The Freezards? Yeah that's pretty much what it was for in the Snowpeak Ruins...Smack 'em a couple times and they shatter (into a bunch of Mini Freezards, but they're not as much of a problem)...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Ball and Chain didn't have much use, but it surely was heaps of fun.

It is a ball and chain, after all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So here's the theme song for the PPG reboot, if anyone cares.
It's seriously weirding me out, the classic characters are in the same style as old but the background characters look like they're from a completely different toon. I know the girl themselves were supposed to look out of place but at least the Professor was consistent with the rest of the townsfolk. It's like the uncomfortable compromise of keeping old show's fans happy and that one guy on the team who's new style was rejected and he needed to use all the designs he created for it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So here's the theme song for the PPG reboot, if anyone cares.
Can't wait for the Ed, Edd, n' Eddy reboot that replaces the iconic intro whistle with random punk rock music.

Or Courage the Dubstep Dog.

It's bad enough that Cartoon Network went downhill, but why did they have to dig up the past and drag it down with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom