• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I've actually come up with some crafty ideas for "Pokefusions" of some of my favorites.

:009::028:
:189: Chimecho
Gardevoir - Mismagius
Mawile - Gourgeist
The real challenge.. is Galvantula - Aurorus.
:026::115: is such am interesting idea, and for one and one reason only....

Ill be working on this tomorrow.

Slurpuff icon.png

Shroob

Sup?
If Magearna is a Legendary(Which is basically confirmed being called Mythical), I feel like it's definitely 6.5 gen. Not to say that they have never revealed a Legendary first for a Gen, but they call it a 'mythical' Pokemon, much like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Victini... and all the AZOTH hints from XY/ORAS make me seriously believe this is still 6th Gen.

That, and 6th gen HAD NO Mythical Pokemon of "Base stat total of 600, 100 in all 6 stats".

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Why is :4greninja:'d a thing? Is there a reference I'm not getting?
When someone posts something that is basically the same thing that you were going to say, people say "Ninja'd" like they snuck it in before you, like a Ninja.

Greninja has "Ninja" in its name, so it's the Smash version of "Ninja'd"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why is :4greninja:'d a thing? Is there a reference I'm not getting?
Ninja'd is derived from someone beating you to the punch on a forum by posting the same thing as you just before you...

:4greninja:'d makes it relevant to Smash...

Edit: :4greninja:'d talking about :4greninja:'d....lol

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This is incredible.

Japanese Superman for Street Fighter V

Shroob

Sup?
So ya, I'm kinda glad we can put the "Gen 7 already?!" theories to bed. Magearna is pretty much confirmed for 6th gen.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, I think the name Magearna is herneatingly dumb.
I'm gonna ignore that horribly misspelled word to the point that I can't tell what it's supposed to be.

Magearna is a pun. Like literally every Pokemon name ever.

Mag = Magic

Gear = Gear

Na = Just a cool finisher.

Essentially, Magic Gear, which is close to the Japanese name and is relevant to the actual design, being a magical robot thing.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
After poking about, Bulbapedia suggests the name comes from a combination of machina and gear...

Ma-Gear-Na...

Interesting that it noted a possible reference to the Moon Rabbit in it's design as well...this has me thinking that it is indeed a fairy type...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Shroob

Sup?
After poking about, Bulbapedia suggests the name comes from a combination of machina and gear...

Ma-Gear-Na...

Interesting that it noted a possible reference to the Moon Rabbit in it's design as well...this has me thinking that it is indeed a fairy type...
I'm not the only one who thinks it looks like a bunny girl?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not the only one who thinks it looks like a bunny girl?
No.

I think everyone did, but Aetheri Aetheri is the first time I've heard it connected to the Moon Rabbit which makes a lot of sense.

She may very well be alien technology.

Shroob

Sup?
No.

I think everyone did, but Aetheri Aetheri is the first time I've heard it connected to the Moon Rabbit which makes a lot of sense.

She may very well be alien technology.
That's.....possible, but have we ever had confirmation of any aliens in Pokemon outside of the Clefairy family and Elgymn family?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's.....possible, but have we ever had confirmation of any aliens in Pokemon outside of the Clefairy family and Elgymn family?
Deoxsys is an alien virus.

And if we have Pokemon able to fly a meteor or UFO (Clefairy in the anime) than I feel we can have an alien equivalent to humans.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Deoxys as people have mentioned...also Solrock, Lunatone, and the Metagross line are meteorites as well...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I do think everyone has forgotten that staryu and it's line are said to be aliens

"
#120 Staryu and #121 Starmie
Starmie are said to be extraterrestrials because they are star-shaped and they emit radio signals into space at night. Staryu gather at night and flash their red cores to communicate with the stars."

Obvious they are this guy

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
But ya, if Magearna is Steel/Fairy, and has 600 BST, 100 in each, you think she'll be competitively viable?
Depends on her abilites and what moves she has access to...If Magearna is a pixie like Mew, et al...she'll be very balanced and somewhat versatile so, but once again it depends on what she has access to...

edit:
i reported them both times. S'not my fault that people keep talking to me.
edit button exists...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
i reported them both times. S'not my fault that people keep talking to me.
But it's your fault that you don't edit your posts to include replies and/or wait til someone else has posted to reply.

Don't pin the blame on others.

I was being nice. Said please and everything. Don't be snarky about something like this.

DraconicPsycho

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DraconicPsycho
Depends on her abilites and what moves she has access to...If Magearna is a pixie like Mew, et al...she'll be very balanced and somewhat versatile so, but once again it depends on what she has access to...

edit:

edit button exists...
That's true...
In response to swamp: I...apologize. I wasn't trying To be snarky...I'm just gonna leave...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean, I guess, but it's not like Earthquake and Fire Blast are that uncommon in OU. Depends on her moveset in the end I guess.
Well, yeah

But also. Jirachi is apparently OU and he's got the same weakness, plus ghost and dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom