• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was pretty confused by Magearna admittedly. It doesn't really roll off the tongue like Magiana does. Doesn't help that it vaguely sounds like a profanity in my native tongue.

:231:

D

Deleted member

But ya, if Magearna is Steel/Fairy, and has 600 BST, 100 in each, you think she'll be competitively viable?
It all depends on her role and movepool. etc.

I mean, you wouldn't really expect Jirachi to be OU from the surface, but it is thanks to it's niche of the insane amount of flinch.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just figured out how to change the data in FNAF World

Have a level 999 withered bonnie

Now he'll be just as useful end game!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was pretty confused by Magearna admittedly. It doesn't really roll off the tongue like Magiana does. Doesn't help that it vaguely sounds like a profanity in my native tongue.

Huh.

Just goes to show how different languages are.

As a native English speaker who lives on the west coast of the USA. Magearna is actually easier for me to say than Magiana.

Sorry about the profanity thing though.

Hey, do people still know if jiggle physics are still on Chun-Li in Street Fighter V? I watched some recent videos and it seems its still there...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess it depends how it's pronounced

Mag-urn-a

Mag-e-ar-na

Mag-e-an-a

Ma-gee-an-a

Shroob

Sup?
Huh.

As a native English speaker who lives on the west coast of the USA. Magearna is actually easier for me to say than Magiana.

Hey, do people still know if jiggle physics are still on Chun-Li in Street Fighter V? I watched some recent videos and it seems its still there...
I'll never get SF5's censorship ideals. Censor Mika's butt slap, but keep skimpy Chun-Li, Laura and Juri if the cutscene is to be believed outfits.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
After a long hard two weeks, I finally completed my Nuzlocke run! It was difficult, especially since I kept getting criticaled out of nowhere (RIP Luxray, Magemite, Togekiss, and a few others), but I managed to do it with three Pokémon left.

Now, Final Fantasy Explorers awaits!

So ya, I'm kinda glad we can put the "Gen 7 already?!" theories to bed. Magearna is pretty much confirmed for 6th gen.
If you don't mind me asking, where was that confirmed?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Huh.

Do you say Magiana with a soft g (giant) or a hard g (goat)?

Shroob

Sup?
After a long hard two weeks, I finally completed my Nuzlocke run! It was difficult, especially since I kept getting criticaled out of nowhere (RIP Luxray, Magemite, Togekiss, and a few others), but I managed to do it with three Pokémon left.

Now, Final Fantasy Explorers awaits!

If you don't mind me asking, where was that confirmed?
They call her a 'mythical' Pokemon, which is 'usually' reserved for the Mew of the generation. While it's not 100% confirmed, no, there's a about a 90% chance there is no Gen 7 yet, considering 6 never had a 'Mew'.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That doesn't work with Magearna though.

EDIT: Why are you apologising, anyway? I found the profanity thing funny. :p

Well yeah. I'm saying I'd pronounce Magiana one way but pronounce Magearna another.

And I was just being nice. :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
They call her a 'mythical' Pokemon, which is 'usually' reserved for the Mew of the generation. While it's not 100% confirmed, no, there's a about a 90% chance there is no Gen 7 yet, considering 6 never had a 'Mew'.
Unless I'm missing a part of the description for it, that doesn't imply it's Gen 6 outright. Being a Mythical Pokémon just means that it's a Mythical Pokémon, nothing more as the term doesn't imply exclusivity to a region on its own. It definitely could be the Mythical Pokémon of Gen 6, but it does nothing for the debate either way.

Also, I wouldn't use the lack of a Mew to say that Gen 6 will get one. Gen 6 also didn't have a minor trio like the Birds or other archetypes like that, so it skipping on that trend doesn't mean that it has to be filled.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Unless I'm missing a part of the description for it, that doesn't imply it's Gen 6 outright. Being a Mythical Pokémon just means that it's a Mythical Pokémon, nothing more, and nothing implies exclusivity to Kalos itself. It definitely could be the Mythical Pokémon of Gen 6, but the term on its own means nothing for the debate.

Also, I wouldn't use the lack of a Mew to say that Gen 6 will get one. Gen 6 also didn't have a minor trio like the Birds or other archetypes like that, so it skipping on that trend doesn't mean that it has to be filled.
I'd argue that the lack of Mew is strange, but here's the thing.

It's a tradition that they've had since the original game, and I don't see them breaking it now of all times. Gen 6 'had' a Trio, but it was borrowed from Gen 1, so even though it didn't have a 'new' trio, it still was a trio, and they even roamed like the beasts did in Gen 2.

Also, considering that Volcanion and Magearna are so tied together, I have a hard time seeing them NOT be in the same Dex. That'd be like if Cressilia was in Hoenn but Darkrai in Sinnoh.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well yeah. I'm saying I'd pronounce Magiana one way but pronounce Magearna another.

And I was just being nice. :p
I see. The Japanese pronunciation is with a hard g though (which is also how the profanity sounds, so I'm going with that. :troll:)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I never listen to any Guitar Vader stuff outside of their Jet Set Radio music

They're really good, gives FLCL vibes. Its sad they disbanded

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see. The Japanese pronunciation is with a hard g though (which is also how the profanity sounds, so I'm going with that. :troll:)

Oh no.

It sounds horrible with a hard G

I was pronouncing the G like the word "Magic"

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's a tradition that they've had since the original game, and I don't see them breaking it now of all times. Gen 6 'had' a Trio, but it was borrowed from Gen 1, so even though it didn't have a 'new' trio, it still was a trio, and they even roamed like the beasts did in Gen 2.
That doesn't negate my point at all, each generation since Gen 1 had always had a trio of its own (sometimes two such as with Sinnoh), that was something widely held to remain as the franchise went on, yet Gen 6 threw the tradition out and didn't make one of its own. Reusing the Birds doesn't change the fact that they didn't consider the "trio" archetype one worthwhile to keep going, and ultimately they didn't follow the previous examples of the other games and did something differently on its own. So if GF was willing to violate a tradition like that one (which is just as long held as the Mew one) and handle it differently, what says that the Mew archetype won't be (or wasn't)?

Adding to this, we also have to consider that they didn't see it as important enough to have in the initial games in the first place, so if it wasn't considered a necessity when they first started, it may very well not be considered a necessity now.

Also, considering that Volcanion and Magearna are so tied together, I have a hard time seeing them NOT be in the same Dex. That'd be like if Cressilia was in Hoenn but Darkrai in Sinnoh.
Not necessarily, the thing is the only connection that they currently have is through the movie, and the movies are allowed to make connections that aren't canon to the actual games. It could be more along the lines of Keldeo/Kyurem, Shaymin/Giratina or (to use a regular anime example) Meloetta/Forces of Nature then another Cresselia/Darkrai.

We just have to wait and see where the connection goes first before making any calls, it could be something, but nothing is saying otherwise for the time being.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That doesn't negate my point at all, each generation since Gen 1 had always had a trio of its own (sometimes two such as with Sinnoh), that was something widely held to remain as the franchise went on, yet Gen 6 threw the tradition out and didn't make one of its own. Reusing the Birds doesn't change the fact that they didn't consider the "trio" archetype one worthwhile to keep going, and ultimately they didn't follow the previous examples of the other games and did something differently on its own. So if GF was willing to violate a tradition like that one (which is just as long held as the Mew one) and handle it differently, what says that the Mew archetype won't be (or wasn't)?

Adding to this, we also have to consider that they didn't see it as important enough to have in the initial games in the first place, so if it wasn't considered a necessity when they first started, it may very well not be considered a necessity now.

Not necessarily, the thing is the only connection that they currently have is through the movie, and the movies are allowed to make connections that aren't canon to the actual games. It could be more along the lines of Keldeo/Kyurem, Shaymin/Giratina or (to use a regular anime example) Meloetta/Forces of Nature then another Cresselia/Darkrai.

We just have to wait and see where the connection goes first before making any calls, it could be something, but nothing is saying otherwise for the time being.
Eh, I'm a betting man, so I'm going all in on Magearna being the Mew but that's just me. The clues just seem to line up too perfectly to me, imo.

I honestly feel like the movie this time is going to have a much larger impact on the games than not. They've dropped these "AZOTH" hints in the games, and now suddenly this movie is happening in the "AZOTH kingdom", which we can assume is in Kalos, since, it's still in the XY&Z series of the anime. I don't feel like this is coincidence.

I will say that they kept one tradition this game which started in Gen 4, that being 3, unrelated DLC Legendaries. Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus. Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect. Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion.

I also still think there's too much unused data in the game files right now that needs explaining. We still need Zygarde's signature move and the AZ's Floette with its signature move.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
btw I was bored and made Anna expressions on the Live2D thing

Use them if you want

I think they could also be used for Smash dream roster stuff. I think

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
btw I was bored and made Anna expressions on the Live2D thing

Use them if you want

I think they could also be used for Smash dream roster stuff. I think

This is perfect.

I think AZOTH may be a new region.

Perhaps one so damaged by war, that's its become a wasteland. Bad for people. Good for certain species of Pokemon.

Imagine. A region with no major cities.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... basically Orre without it's 3-4 cities?
Kind of.

There'd be ruins and people trying to figure out what happened.

It could be very close to Kalos which means it could be explored in Z.

AZ would finally get some backstory.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, considering that "Project AZOTH" was based around the study of the weapon in Kalos, I think it's pretty safe to assume that "Azoth" is AZ's real name.

Which means that both the Azoth Kingdom AND Megearna are AZ's doings.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What if AZ is the weapon? He could be synthetic would could introduce a connection to Magearna.

Lysandre's weapon was a replica, right?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
What is AZ is the weapon? He could be synthetic would could introduce a connection to Magearna.

If AZ was the weapon, why would his Floette return to him? It was fairly obvious that his Floette wasn't having none of that **** when it came back from the dead and saw what he did.

Granted, it would explain why he lived for three thousand years.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If AZ was the weapon, why would his Floette return to him? It was fairly obvious that his Floette wasn't having none of that **** when it came back from the dead and saw what he did.

Granted, it would explain why he lived for three thousand years.
Floette could have just sense a change of heart.

AZ seemed like a different person after that battle.

Healed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Magearna... It works. makes more sense pun-wise than Magicana, especially if it's not fairy type.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Opossum Opossum

I just bought Code Name S.T.E.A.M. for 10 bucks, brand new, labeled "Good deal!" in one store of the biggest brand of video game retailers in France. Needless to say...

...dis gunna b gud.

I wonder if the price is so low because they actually underestimate the game (whereas they're making customers pay for Chibi-Robo at full price)

D

Deleted member

What if AZ is the weapon? He could be synthetic would could introduce a connection to Magearna.

You mean the weapon that needed his key and was shown in his flashback?
Yeah, sure he's the weapon

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I can't not post this.
As someone who is striving to be an artist the amount f talent is incredible.
Literally every animation here brings something new to the table and it's great.
Splatoon World of Nintendo figures confirmed:

I swear if they manage to get any of these I will but them on instant with the rest of their figures
:4lucas::4ness::popo::wolf::4pit::4darkpit::4dedede::4myfriends::4feroy::4shulk:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So finally, here are my thoughts on Animal Kingdom in a nutshell:

I like how it resembles Africa, as I've always wanted to go there.

Also I went back to the Magic Kingdom, and I got to meet one of my favorite Disney characters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom