• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
^this

Especially because people have different criteria for iconic

I just don't understand how Sceptile can be put there, let alone over Blaziken which is way more popular.
It's less of iconic and more of bias

Shroob

Sup?
I heard there were LOTS of small children in the theater to see Deadpool, and they all saw Ryan Reynolds' wang.

I'm really curious about this movie now.
Movie was rated R for a reason. I blame bad parenting.

Inb4 this becomes the South Park movie.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I heard there were LOTS of small children in the theater to see Deadpool, and they all saw Ryan Reynolds' wang.

Inb4 ignorant parents clamouring about it not being for kids despite the adverts explicitly saying it isn't.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Why are they watching Deadpool in the first place, isn't that movie rated R? Great parenting.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Deadpool is pretty much the only Marvel hero who would be in an R rated movie. So they are going to push the rating and milked as much as they can, both for the attention, and to be faithful to the character as best they can.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I heard there were LOTS of small children in the theater to see Deadpool, and they all saw Ryan Reynolds' wang..
So how much do people wanna bet the ****ty parents will blame everyone but themselves for letting their child see an adult film at the cinema?
Granted the people at the cinema shouldn't have let the kids in but still, that is terrible parenting.

Deadpool is pretty much the only Marvel hero who would be in an R rated movie. So they are going to push the rating and milked as much as they can, both for the attention, and to be faithful to the character as best they can.
*coughBladecough*

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I can see the mentality with people seeing Deadpool seeing as to how people went to see Guardians of the Galaxy and got pleased.

Marvel should have been more cautious with their advertising.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
JonTron might be the real Steven Universe. That was a lot of fun to watch and hear him sing. He does have a remarkable singing talent!
(Anyone notice the Banjo Easter Egg?)

As for Valentines Day? For me it was yesterday. (Australian timezones) It was really hot, so I didn't really do much save going for a walk around the city in the morning. So I guess Happy Valentines!

Shroob

Sup?
So how much do people wanna bet the ****ty parents will blame everyone but themselves for letting their child see an adult film at the cinema?
Granted the people at the cinema shouldn't have let the kids in but still, that is terrible parenting.

*coughBladecough*
Gee, why does this sound oddly familiar.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I can see the mentality with people seeing Deadpool seeing as to how people went to see Guardians of the Galaxy and got pleased.

Marvel should have been more cautious with their advertising.
1. *FOX
2. They had Red Band trailers and numerous warnings. Deadpool being rated R was a very big deal. The parents have only themselves to blame.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Parents will take kids to R-Rated movies and complain about it. Why? Because it can't be their fault.

I'm planning on seeing Deadpool next week, I still need to see the other Marvel movies though. The only ones I've watched were Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm going by the Codename: KND argument and say "Parents are ****ing stupid"

Which is pretty true. Especially considering they'll blame everyone and everything but themselves. Why? Because the worst insult you can give a person is that you will be/are a bad parent. That hurts a person dearly but the truth hurts

MainJPW

M.T.A
"This guy kind of looks like Spider man. Those spider man movies were great family fun so this one must be too!"

-the (foolish) parents probably
Well...you can't really fault them for thinking he looks like Spidey at least, he gets mistaken for Spiderman in universe frequently.
I'm going by the Codename: KND argument and say "Parents are ****ing stupid"

Which is pretty true. Especially considering they'll blame everyone and everything but themselves. Why? Because the worst insult you can give a person is that you will be/are a bad parent. That hurts a person dearly but the truth hurts
And then you get the same people who foolishly think that super heroes are only for kids.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know, the DMX song in the commercials should have been a big enough hint.

As if literally everything else about it wasn't enough.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder. . .I normally brush this exact idea off, but what if we're getting Gen 7 this year and Game Freak is pulling a Johto?

1. We skipped an entire year, something which hasn't happened since I first started following Pokémon just before the releases of HGSS

2. We already know a Gen 7 Pokémon, which probably means nothing but who knows

3. All the 20th Anniversary marketing going on already has to amount to SOMETHING

4. Due to a train of logic I have since forgotten (when I'm not making conspiracy theories, I'm letting everything in one ear and out the other. . .), I made I guess a long time ago that the next region would be based off of Italy, even making a mock-up of Kalos next to an Italian region. If you're going to make a Johto for Kalos. . .

I wonder. . .I normally brush this exact idea off, but what if we're getting Gen 7 this year and Game Freak is pulling a Johto?

1. We skipped an entire year, something which hasn't happened since I first started following Pokémon just before the releases of HGSS

3. All the 20th Anniversary marketing going on already has to amount to SOMETHING

4. Due to a train of logic I have since forgotten (when I'm not making conspiracy theories, I'm letting everything in one ear and out the other. . .), I made I guess a long time ago that the next region would be based off of Italy, even making a mock-up of Kalos next to an Italian region. If you're going to make a Johto for Kalos. . .
Just making sure by "pull a johto" you mean having a new region that is pretty much Kalos pokemon but more (maybe with a visit back to kalos like kanto?)

I'm not exactly knowledgeable about Pokemon and its history

also a ****ty RWBY joke I just made that most of you won't get. Even if you HAVE watched RWBY

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just making sure by "pull a johto" you mean having a new region that is pretty much Kalos pokemon but more (maybe with a visit back to kalos like kanto?)

I'm not exactly knowledgeable about Pokemon and its history
Yeah, I mean having two regions in one game.

I would also expect a much shorter Generation like Generation 2 if this was the case.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
also a ****ty RWBY joke I just made that most of you won't get. Even if you HAVE watched RWBY
I've seen that joke a few dozen times already.
Favourite one in regards to that thing is the
Monty Python Black Knight reference

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
"Unable to read or write to amiibo. Wireless communication must be enabled."
...The hell you talkin' about, Smash 3DS?
1) I have Wireless Communication ON
2) I don't have a New3DS so I don't think I'll be able to scan any Amiibo anytime soon since iirc the button to do that is ZR with 2DS' don't have
3) I don't got a NFC Reader for my 3DS anyway
Go home, yer drunk :drshrug:

Shroob

Sup?

I'm not sold on Gen 7 yet. There's still several things from Gen 6 that need to be added from the game files.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm not sold on Gen 7 yet. There's still several things from Gen 6 that need to be added from the game files.
Hm? I wasn't aware some new things were dug from the game files of Gen 6. Could you share?

. . .Wait. Is this about the Pokémon Translator? That has to be one of them. . .still, you said several. What else were you referring to?

That said, if Gen 7 was largely a port of Gen 6 with new Pokémon and a new region added, I could see the new features being applied despite the game being labelled a Generation 7 title.

Shroob

Sup?
Hm? I wasn't aware some new things were dug from the game files of Gen 6. Could you share?

. . .Wait. Is this about the Pokémon Translator? That has to be one of them. . .still, you said several. What else were you referring to?

That said, if Gen 7 was largely a port of Gen 6 with new Pokémon and a new region added, I could see the new features being applied despite the game being labelled a Generation 7 title.
Zygarde's unique move, which I assume is Zygarde 100%'s move, and AZ's Floette with its unique move.

Considering XY had the Mega Latis in them before ORAS came out, I still feel like we're not done with 6th Gen.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Strange Souvenir alone tells me that Gen 6 has at least one main game left.
Well. . .the Strange Souvenir explicitly states that it's from an undocumented region, though. If it actually has to do with Gen 6, then that would mean we're getting the Gen 6.5 that a lot of people theorized about. I personally feel that if they go that route, they may as well rebrand it as Gen 7.

Zygarde's unique move, which I assume is Zygarde 100%'s move, and AZ's Floette with its unique move.

Considering XY had the Mega Latis in them before ORAS came out, I still feel like we're not done with 6th Gen.
This seems more understandable.

I was thinking more that they would do something new while still working on the old storyline, though.

. . .I guess that would still make it 6.5. I still think they may as well call it Gen 7 at that point, though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
At this point anything is possible...we've been getting a whole lot of teases lately regarding, 'new' stuff in Pokemon but nothing has really given us anything conclusive to whether or not the next game is the X and Y follow-up or the first games of Gen 7...

At this point I still feel like it will be the X and Y follow-up as there's still a whole bunch of stuff that we haven't covered in Kalos regarding Zygarde and Volcanion, who's data was found in X and Y very early on, which means whatever's being planned was planned for quite some time...

However it is possible that they may expand the Pokemon roster in these follow-up games as well...and it is entirely possible that they may pull a Johto and add a second whole region to the game...which would be nice given the limited amount of stuff to do in X and Y's post game...

D

Deleted member

Eh, not surprising to me. Even when I was a kid, all the kids around me watched R rated comedies all the time, like The Hangover.

A lot of kids nowadays watch R rated movies all the time, so eh. No news to me.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I hope there's a Gen 6.5. Kalos, in all its vastness, is kinda dull. Give me South or East Kalos. Shift the map and cut out some of the boring routes.

Chrono.

Well. . .the Strange Souvenir explicitly states that it's from an undocumented region, though. If it actually has to do with Gen 6, then that would mean we're getting the Gen 6.5 that a lot of people theorized about. I personally feel that if they go that route, they may as well rebrand it as Gen 7.
Gamefreak doesn't "brand" the generations, that's fanon.

That being said, there's more to the generations than just adding a new region + new Pokemon. Introducing brand new mechanics have been a major part of each "generation".

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Gamefreak doesn't "brand" the generations, that's fanon.

That being said, there's more to the generations than just adding a new region + new Pokemon. Introducing brand new mechanics have been a major part of each "generation".
. . .In that case, I suppose whether it counts as a new Generation proper or not depends on whether or not Game Freak hit writer's block in terms of new mechanics. IMO the last two generations have had more superficial mechanics changes than the ones before them, so it could go either way in my mind whether they would bother introducing new ones alongside the next region. If they do, I suppose they could go the route of how that one fan Tweet-rumor brought up the concept of Pokémon Fusion that has been tossed around forever.

Unless mechanics changes are referring to the new Battle Types, in which case we've gotten three in the past two Generations and I guess I could see us getting another. I just remembered how much I want Triple, Rotation, and Inverse battles to stop being neglected and shoved off onto out-of-the-way NPCs instead of peppering them in like Double Battles, though. We don't need them to get entire Gym Leaders like Lisa and Tate, but I kinda wish they felt less. . .tacked on.

Chrono.

. . .In that case, I suppose whether it counts as a new Generation proper or not depends on whether or not Game Freak hit writer's block in terms of new mechanics. IMO the last two generations have had more superficial mechanics changes than the ones before them, so it could go either way in my mind whether they would bother introducing new ones alongside the next region. If they do, I suppose they could go the route of how that one fan Tweet-rumor brought up the concept of Pokémon Fusion that has been tossed around forever.

Unless mechanics changes are referring to the new Battle Types, in which case we've gotten three in the past two Generations and I guess I could see us getting another. I just remembered how much I want Triple, Rotation, and Inverse battles to stop being neglected and shoved off onto out-of-the-way NPCs instead of peppering them in like Double Battles, though. We don't need them to get entire Gym Leaders like Lisa and Tate, but I kinda wish they felt less. . .tacked on.
Gen 5 probably brought the least new mechanics (aka nothing), but Gen 6 added a type and Megas which are huge.

Gen 4 had the special/physical for individual moves, Gen 3 added abilities and natures, Gen 2 split the special stat and added two new types.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Gen 5 probably brought the least new mechanics (aka nothing), but Gen 6 added a type and Megas which are huge.

Gen 4 had the special/physical for individual moves, Gen 3 added abilities and natures, Gen 2 split the special stat and added two new types.
Gen 5 introduced hidden abilities, horde battles, then rotation/triple battles.

The least drastic of them, still.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Where not getting gen 7. Like there's always a 3rd game.... Always.Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and in a sense B2 and W2 like gamefreak has never broke the formula... Ever.Like really a 3rd game is happening just stop being impatient its obvious were getting a game this year especially Z

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Magiana's name in the West is Magearna. Official artwork is neat. Also, more assists have been revealed for Pokkén (including Espeon and Umbreon) as well as various new features. Please head to serebii for all details.

kylexv

Smash Master
Pokken News Time!

:104:, :050:, :082:, :195:, :196:, and :197: are all confirmed assists. Cubone is with Diglett, Magneton is with Quagsire, and Espeon is with Umbreon.

Guys, about half of the Eeveelutions (including Eevee itself) are assists. For Playable character, it is now narrowed down to Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, or Glaceon.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:
Pokken News Time!

:104:, :050:, :082:, :195:, :196:, and :197: are all confirmed assists. Cubone is with Diglett, Magneton is with Quagsire, and Espeon is with Umbreon.

Guys, about half of the Eeveelutions (including Eevee itself) are assists. For Playable character, it is now narrowed down to Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, or Glaceon.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d
Quagsire and cubone hype!
We're still missing the best eeveelutions, Flareon and Vaporeaon though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom