• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm still getting used to Mega Evolutions. They haven't even milked that concept dry yet, no fusions plz.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ironic that Corrin is in Smash everywhere for nearly a week and, while Fates is coming out soon in the US, Europe doesn't even have a release date yet.

Then again, for the US, Yoshi's Woolly World only came out nearly a year after Smash Wii U, even after Mario Maker's worldwide release. Even so, Woolly World only came out in mid-2015 for Japan and Europe, more than half a year after the release of Smash.

Thanks to DLC, this is probably the Smash game with the biggest amount of content from games released after its initial release, with two stages (Super Mario Maker, Woolly World), a character (Corrin) and the Inkling Mii outfits.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who even was the person that tweeted the fusion thing and where did he get his info from?

Made up?

I dont want to be a negative nancy, but we have mega audino. we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
We don't even have all the good pokemon that could use megas yet

Porygon, Exploud, all gen 2 starters...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
why is everyone paying so much attention to that random tweet when @Arcanir posted the full translation of the page that makes... no mention whatsoever of fusion
Speculation? Or the fact that it's something to get us really talking? Plus, it brings in all the cool Pokemon Fusion art.

That being said, Pokemon Fusion isn't exactly a new concept. I mean, we do have Kyurem + either Reshiram or Zekrom. I think some of us just like to see how GameFreak handles them and stuff. But hey, doesn't matter to me if the new Pokemon does revolve around it or not. If not, that's fine. I don't mind talking about the concept though.
Mewtwo + Deoxys ultimate pokemon
We sure about that?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's not about the memory so much as the utter manpower required to make fusion models for everything.

Most video games get away with incredible amounts of empty space on their discs/cartridges, or store data inefficiently so that it looks full but could have had much more done with it on a better budget and staff list.

Darn near everyone discounts the possibility of getting a new Smash during the next console generation because it's generally accepted that no one would ever bother with enough manpower to do it. Why would they bother with that manpower with a series that is planned to start being made in one-year development cycles?

Khoru

Smash Champion
Speculation? Or the fact that it's something to get us really talking? Plus, it brings in all the cool Pokemon Fusion art.

That being said, Pokemon Fusion isn't exactly a new concept. I mean, we do have Kyurem + either Reshiram or Zekrom. I think some of us just like to see how GameFreak handles them and stuff. But hey, doesn't matter to me if the new Pokemon does revolve around it or not. If not, that's fine. I don't mind talking about the concept though.

We sure about that?
it wasn't presented as speculation
people immediately started treating it as fact

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There's already R34 of the new Pokemon. Never a dull day in the land of the interwebs.

Speaking of the new Poke, if it's some sort of mecha fairy then I really want one, I love the design.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the new mon is a proto Voltorb. I wonder where Apricorns figure into this or if they'll just create another continutity snarl like with Mew vs Arceus.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also, I don't know if this was mentioned but...
A patch is imminent.
Well if there is nobody there to make the patch, then I doubt it...

Have people checked if it's just a Sheik/Bayonetta problem?

It's not game breaking but it's super dumb. This DLC seems like it was really rushed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well if there is nobody there to make the patch, then I doubt it...

Have people checked if it's just a Sheik/Bayonetta problem?

It's not game breaking but it's super dumb. This DLC seems like it was really rushed.
People have checked, and no it's not exclusive to Sheik. Other characters suffer the same problem.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't speak competitive, what's going on with dash grabs?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People have checked, and no it's not exclusive to Sheik. Other characters suffer the same problem.
So just particular characters or everyone?

Does it happen with Corrin too?

Though to be honest, I never thought the grab hitboxes were well programmed in this game. Might just be because I main Rosalina though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
IF the fusion thing is real( which I'll wait on confirmed.

I doubt we will see it the games because of how big and hard it be to work into the games.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
if bayonetta is shielding and someone attempts to dash grab her from behind within a certain range (i.e most normal dash grab ranges), the dash grabs miss

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Okay it's been updated. Apparently you still can, there's just in really short range you can't.

Still kinda crappy (and hopefully could be fixed), but it's not as broken as people thought.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok that makes sense/got sorted. I thought they removed the ability to dash grab all characters from behind.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Haha I believe you meant
@Zoroarking

However, I have to say paper jam/'s dialog is pretty funny.
well your names are way too similar lol

@Zoroarking what abotu the CAN card?

As for Paper Jam, yeah, honestly they are really good because I felt it wasn't jsut m&l style, there was some paper mario to it :) They b reak the 4th wall like m&l......but there is a bit of paper flaviour to it :)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Guys we have only 7 characters so far can't dash grab bayonetta from behind.:4pikachu::4ness::4lucas::4pacman::4sheik::4sonic::4greninja:.so only 7 characters sucks for those mains but what you gonna do

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Strofirko

Smash Master
Pressfarttocontinue where is that guy,seems that he has vanished with his extremist goons.
Banned from twitter on late 2014.
Wow he really messed up and screwed just for personal gains,any other news?
Hired by the escapist last month.
For christs sake!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait really? i find her incredibly easy to edge guard, and getting on the stage is no problem due to greninjas high jumps.
Bayonetta's recovery is easily one of the best in the game, especially as there's a glitch that gives her ANOTHER jump to use Witch Twist with. Combine that with her high air speed and Afterburner Kick, AND the fact Witch Time is amazing for edgeguards, if you fight someone who know's what they're doing, they AREN'T getting spiked

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
ok so stop playing bad bayonettas on for glory who don't understand offstage play

Pressfarttocontinue where is that guy,seems that he has vanished with his extremist goons.
Banned from twitter on late 2014.
Wow he really messed up and screwed just for personal gains,any other news?
Hired by the escapist last month.
For christs sake!
...who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom