• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Isn't Zoroark also called an Illusory Pokemon?
It's the Illusion Fox Pokémon, but either way, it's a different title from what I'm talking about. Zoroark's title is a species classification along the lines of Pikachu being the Electric Mouse Pokemon, Illusory (or rather, Mythical) Pokemon refers to Event Pokemon as a group, being a subcategory of legendaries. So if it's considered an Illusory Pokemon, it's an event Pokemon, not it's species.

So basically, these guys: www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html

Speaking of that, here's the full translation of the page:

A Pokémon that absolutely no one has actually seen before: Its name is "Magiana"

Here is a world exclusive presentation of absolutely all data we currently have on "Magiana"! This mysterious Pokémon is the first ever in a certain field!

Magiana
Magiana possesses a metallic body. The truth is that it's an artificial Pokémon built by human hand!
Species: Artificial Pokémon
Height: 1.0m
Weight: 80.5kg

We'll shed lights on the movie's story as well!!!
As Satoshi and his friends continue their journey, Volcanion drops down from the sky in front of them. Volcanion's object is to recover Magiana, who has been abducted by the "Azoth Kingdom", a city of super-machinery. However, Volcanion and Satoshi have become linked together by a strange. Will the two of them manage to work together and save Magiana?

Detailed analysis
1) It's a new mythical Pokémon
This is a Pokémon that hasn't been discovered in the video game world yet. How to obtain it is unknown as well!

2) What is the secret to its contrivances!?
Magiana was born by human hand 500 years ago. Its body is filled with mechanisms!?

3) How is it related to Volcanion?
Is the greatest of the mysteries to Magiana only known to Volcanion, the one that chases after it!?

The manga starts already next issue!!
The manga preview in this issue packs a punch as well!! Check it out on page 276!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's the Illusion Fox Pokémon, but either way, it's a different title from what I'm talking about. Zoroark's title is a species classification along the lines of Pikachu being the Electric Mouse Pokemon, Illusory (or rather, Mythical) Pokemon refers to Event Pokemon as a group, being a subcategory of legendaries. So if it's considered an Illusory Pokemon, it's an event Pokemon, not it's species.

Maybe it's storing Volcanion's mate

Ivander

Smash Legend

Ah, okay. Still, the description is rather interesting. Plus I do have an interest in man-made Pokemon.
Wait? Is that actually real? If so, as in turn a Pokemon into a Pokeball? Or is it actually saying that it can combine multiple Pokemon into one single Pokemon? Cause good lord, could that possibly mean that Pokemon Fusions might become a thing?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
...There is so much wrong in this I don't know what went right.
Ah, okay. Still, the description is rather interesting. Plus I do have an interest in man-made Pokemon.

Wait? Is that actually real? If so, as in turn a Pokemon into a Pokeball? Or is it actually saying that it can combine multiple Pokemon into one single Pokemon? Cause good lord, could that possibly mean that Pokemon Fusions might become a thing?
nvm this post

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean, I don't mind the whole man made Pokemon thing. Hell one of my favorite Pokemon is an artificial beast (Porygon).

But... wha? It can turn Pokemon into things and screw with evolution what? Like even by Pokemon standards this is confusing.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean, I don't mind the whole man made Pokemon thing. Hell one of my favorite Pokemon is an artificial beast (Porygon).

But... wha? It can turn Pokemon into things and screw with evolution what? Like even by Pokemon standards this is confusing.
It's a living pokeball that stores pokemon

and fuses them together

Edit: It's basically voltorb! But older

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So we're going to start with the Pokémon Fusion gimmick now?

So basically, these guys: www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html

. . .So we're going to start with Machine type Pokémon now?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Y'know

what if it turns out Volcanion is a fusion of 2 pokemon already

That's his relations to this mech thing

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's a living pokemon that stores pokemon

and fuses them together
Yeah I get that. I guess my question is why?
Like I'm assuming knowing Pokemon this is going to be some noble messiah we should all love and care for, but why the hell would someone make this? Does the Pokemon universe get off to making and capturing eldritch abominations that could potentially destroy half the earth?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Holy crap these fusions are amazing!! That Hydreigon+Scizor and Gardevoir+Chandlure!!!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
. . .So we're going to start with Machine type Pokémon now?
It doesn't exist as a Type, but it already is there. Magnemite line, Klink line. Voltorb line. They don't have genders as a result. I think they fit just fine under Steel, really.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be honest, I highly doubt it's gonna be as simple as "fuse one Pokemon with another to make a new one". Unless Game Freak wants to make 519,841 models of Pokemon and still have room for everything else.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be honest, I highly doubt it's gonna be as simple as "fuse X and Y". Unless Game Freak wants to make 519,841 models of Pokemon and still have room for everything else.
It'll probably just be a few, maybe things like Venustoise as they've incorporated anime stuff into the games before. Kyurem is still the one and only official game fusion. The Sevii Islands are pretty much the Orange Islands, for instance.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's going to be likely that only certain pokemon fused together would make a new pokemon rather than mix and match at random if it does become a thing...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To be honest, I highly doubt it's gonna be as simple as "fuse one Pokemon with another to make a new one". Unless Game Freak wants to make 519,841 models of Pokemon and still have room for everything else.
It could only be fully evolved pokemon

and probably only a select number of them

Apparently there are 348 fully evolved pokemon so that would only be ~121,000 models

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That new Pokemon is a pretty cool looking Digimon.
I dunno, it looks kind of basic for a digimon

And I'm pretty sure if they did make a machine girl digimon it'd look like a teenage girl with the metal parts covering strategic areas

and something absurd on her back or something

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It could only be fully evolved pokemon

and probably only a select number of them

Apparently there are 348 fully evolved pokemon so that would only be ~121,000 models
And even then that's a crapton of models to make. And I highly doubt they have the time nor the memory space to do it.

Khoru

Smash Champion
why is everyone paying so much attention to that random tweet when Arcanir Arcanir posted the full translation of the page that makes... no mention whatsoever of fusion

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
idk they fit quite a bit of things into X and Y and ORAS. Who knows, though.
Yes, but let me put this into perspective:

Let's count up the Pokemon up to Gen six and include many of the other models and graphics needed (trainers, environment, etc.). And with that we could assume that the amount is somewhere under 1,000 models.

So now let's say we went with this new idea of fusing Pokemon. Well, we would need to consider the possibility of Pokemon having more than just one fusion. And the more combinations needed, the more unique textures and models that would be needed for this one gimmick. Which (as stated above) could go into the tens and hundreds of thousands.

why is everyone paying so much attention to that random tweet when Arcanir Arcanir posted the full translation of the page that makes... no mention whatsoever of fusion
Because it's mostly speculation. I don't think we're getting Pokemon fusions myself, but hell it's something to talk about.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Weren't Reshiram and Zekrom (and Kyurem?) once one entire Pokemon? Would probably be neat to see their full form if this pokemon can really do this whole fusion thing.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom