• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
If the Gen II Starter Megas give them a second typing
What do you want to see?

I honestly kinda wanna see...
Grass/Fairy
Water/Dragon
Fire/Dark

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I have finally landed a properly paying job, at least a temporary, trial thing for the next 5 weeks.

Now I won't be broke so easily. :4wario:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What do you want to see?

Grass/Fairy
Water/Dragon
Fire/Dark
Grass/Mega Mega Meganium
Water/Ice/Dragon
Fire/Fighting :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Getting back to out leak thread roots, here's something from a year ago

I don't believe but the whole gear thing might come in to play...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I'm going to do a rant that I've been meaning to do for a while,
You see it feels like whenever someone even makes some sort of remote criticism towards :4corrin:or:4bayonetta:, people label them as "Salty" or "Ungrateful", like when I made criticisms towards :4corrin:(Which were actually productive and made sense) it was immediately labeled as a "Wah Corrin" post by Golden, which I didn't appreciate as I wasn't complaining about him at all, but rather I didn't know how to make sense of his inclusion, you see it's not just in terms of the DLC, it's the entire roster, an example is :4darkpit:, whenever he's criticized by someone, people will immediately dogpile onto that post and once again, the "Salty/Ungrateful" thing that I was talking about earlier starts up again, why not instead of labeling people for what they aren't read their posts for what they are and judge them by that? Because maybe they'll actually have some convincing points instead of being "Salty" or "Ungrateful"

/Rant
That's all I wanted to say.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Magiana, eh?
What do you want to see?

Grass/Fairy
Water/Dragon
Fire/Dark
Is that some attempt at making Meganium powerful against the other starters? Also, considering that Typlosion is a Volcano Pokemon, why not Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground?

And good lord, I have the weirdest dreams. For some reasons tonight, I just dreamed that the Doctor from Doctor Who got into Smash and had all of the Doctor's previous forms as alternate costumes, complete with different voice actors and taunts.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I'm going to do a rant that I've been meaning to do for a while,
You see it feels like whenever someone even makes some sort of remote criticism towards :4corrin:or:4bayonetta:, people label them as "Salty" or "Ungrateful", like when I made criticisms towards :4corrin:(Which were actually productive and made sense) it was immediately labeled as a "Wah Corrin" post by Golden, which I didn't appreciate as I wasn't complaining about him at all, but rather I didn't know how to make sense of his inclusion, you see it's not just in terms of the DLC, it's the entire roster, an example is :4darkpit:, whenever he's criticized by someone, people will immediately dogpile onto that post and once again, the "Salty/Ungrateful" thing that I was talking about earlier starts up again, why not instead of labeling people for what they aren't read their posts for what they are and judge them by that? Because maybe they'll actually have some convincing points instead of being "Salty" or "Ungrateful"

/Rant
That's all I wanted to say.
Yeah, a lot of people here don't get that you can like something or appreciate it, but still have issues with it.

-----------

This is too perfect.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Magiana, eh?

Is that some attempt at making Meganium powerful against the other starters? Also, considering that Typlosion is a Volcano Pokemon, why not Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground?

And good lord, I have the weirdest dreams. For some reasons tonight, I just dreamed that the Doctor from Doctor Who got into Smash and had all of the Doctor's previous forms as alternate costumes, complete with different voice actors and taunts.
Not intentionally.
Namely that Meganium's just so damn happy looking that it evolving out into something with flora akin to the Florges line (WHICH ISN'T PART GRASS FOR SOME REASON).
And I don't want Fire/Ground or Rock for Typhlosion for two reasons.
1) Camperupt and Macargo already show that typing is hot garbage.
2) It's a special attacker. Earth Power has some justification but the only special rock move I can think of is POWER GEM.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I gotta say, I'm loving Magiana. Easily one of my favorite legendaries (?) design-wise.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I've been meaning to do this for a while. This seems like a good time.
I have a forum game going on in the PokeCenter here called the pokemon creation forum game.
Basically, one person says 2 pokemon types, and the next person comes up with an idea for a pokemon that would have that typing. Then, they give 2 types for the next person.
It's really fun, and we've come up with some great concepts, but there are about 5 people coming up with most of the pokemon.
It could use some fresh blood, so I'm plugging it here. Check it Out!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah, a lot of people here don't get that you can like something or appreciate it, but still have issues with it.

-----------

This is too perfect.

Goku for Smash 5! :troll:

EDIT: The image was much smaller then I thought it was...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, not sure if too many people here will care about this, but...

There's some Disney Infinity news that I'm pretty hyped about. Long story short, basically a while back the remaining Marvel figures for 3.0 were leaked, these being Ant-Man, Vision, and Black Panther, who will almost certainly launch alongside the Marvel Battlegrounds playset next month, which comes packaged with the new Captain America variant figure. Some people, myself included, were a bit disappointed at both the small number of Marvel figures this time around (just these four, plus Ultron and Hulkbuster, which were already released), in particular, the lack of Scarlet Witch.

...and then John Vignocchi tweeted at a fan. Basically, the fan wanted to know if Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde were the last characters needed to unlock the Keyblade. JV confirmed that they're not, and that the last ones needed for it are the Marvel Battlegrounds launch figures.

And that's what's giving people hope. Sure, it could be taken as just "the figures that will launch with the playset," but it could also very well mean that there are Marvel Battlegrounds figures releasing post-launch. And based on the huge amount of backlash received on account of her exclusion, I'm still banking we'll see Scarlet Witch join Infinity later in the year. Probably Bucky and War Machine, too.

Needless to say, I'm hyped. Scarlet Witch was one of the two remaining Marvel figures on my wishlist, and now her odds just got that much better. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wake up to some awesome news! My prediction on it being a new non was right! No primal volcanion yet though. I like Magianna. It has an interesting design choice. Also I am betting it's a legend but pseudo legend makes sense as well. Also calling it
Now it's gen 6.5 not 7.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not intentionally.
Namely that Meganium's just so damn happy looking that it evolving out into something with flora akin to the Florges line (WHICH ISN'T PART GRASS FOR SOME REASON).
And I don't want Fire/Ground or Rock for Typhlosion for two reasons.
1) Camperupt and Macargo already show that typing is hot garbage.
2) It's a special attacker. Earth Power has some justification but the only special rock move I can think of is POWER GEM.
Ancient Power...

A Dark type mega form for Typhlosion would be sick tho...but that may be bias because Dark is my second favourite type...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just cleared 3DS Classic mode as Corrin and Zelda with no customs.

For both of them, I only took two tries. Surely, this means Zelda is as OP as Corrin.

BAN•ZELDA :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wow, didn't expect Corocoro to leak so early.

I'll hold off on saying anything on the design since I'm on the phone, but it's very interesting how they handled this situation. This is the first time that they revealed an entirely new Mythical (as in, Mew or Deoxys type legendary) Pokemon within the previous generation since Manaphy, and the first time period that they had one star besides the previous generation event Pokemon, taking first billing over it. So if they're planning on showcasing the new event this early, we can probably expect the new game to come late summer/early fall at the latest since they'd want to distribute it close to the movie. Additionally, as said before, we're definitely going to get new Pokemon in the next game, whatever it may be.

Also, depending on what else Corocoro reveals, it looks like Zygarde may very well be sitting this movie out a la Meloetta, making it the first cover legendary to not get a movie since Ho-oh. So if they're really planning on sidelining their big new form like that, I think that they must have something really special about the new game.

Chrono.

Wow, didn't expect Corocoro to leak so early.

I'll hold off on saying anything on the design since I'm on the phone, but it's very interesting how they handled this situation. This is the first time that they revealed an entirely new Mythical (as in, Mew or Deoxys type legendary) Pokemon within the previous generation since Manaphy, and the first time period that they had one star besides the previous generation event Pokemon, taking first billing over it. So if they're planning on showcasing the new event this early, we can probably expect the new game to come late summer/early fall at the latest since they'd want to distribute it close to the movie. Additionally, as said before, we're definitely going to get new Pokemon in the next game, whatever it may be.

Also, depending on what else Corocoro reveals, it looks like Zygarde may very well be sitting this movie out a la Meloetta, making it the first cover legendary to not get a movie since Ho-oh. So if they're really planning on sidelining their big new form like that, I think that they must have something really special about the new game.
They haven't confirmed whether it's a legendary or not yet.

Could be another Zoroark/Lucario situation where they are using a next-gen Pokemon to hype up the movie + the next gen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, calling it now, Magianna Is a new type to counter fairy. Because of it literally made of metal why isn't it classified as steel. I think it will be steel and magic. The reason for no steel typing is because if they mentioned steel and ??? Then everyone would suspect something. I think it will counter fairly and apply to magical Pokemon.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
They haven't confirmed whether it's a legendary or not yet.

Could be another Zoroark/Lucario situation where they are using a next-gen Pokemon to hype up the movie + the next gen.
Apparently it's called a Mythical (or rather, Illusory) Pokemon in the first line of text in the corner. Read the last six letters and compare it to this: 幻のポケモン

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know what it reminds me of? Diancie.
Like, look at this:

It could be a little far-fetched sure. But the resemblance is there.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I finally posted the Case for Smash NX. It's an article I started about a month ago, so it's great to see it finally come out. Soma and I look at the history of the Smash series in order to predict what will happen.

Also...the next SourceCast topic will be (appropriately) titled, "The End of Smash DLC". The guest may be announced today on the SG Twitter (once he approves of the podcast plan~) so look out for that.

Swamps name is here forever. Just like all of us :p

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The new Pokemon weights 80.5 Kg.
I'm sure Ash will show his super strenght again in the movie lifting that Pokemon like it's nothing.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Man every trailer just gets me more hyped for it.
Favorite part was when they showed the boot at the very end. Looks like it's our first glimpse of Alex as a full-fledged SFV fighter, though that boot could also be from Guile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom