• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking about gen 4 and how there are only 2 fire pokemon lines in the game, ponyta and Chimchar

Maybe Pokemon really do think everyone only picks the fire starter

Greninja seems to be the symbol of water equality in the pokemon universe

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was thinking about gen 4 and how there are only 2 fire pokemon lines in the game, ponyta and Chimchar

Maybe Pokemon really do think everyone only picks the fire starter

Greninja seems to be the symbol of water equality in the pokemon universe
I think it was because Fire starters tend to be very popular, although Gen V had popular Grass

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think it was because Fire starters tend to be very popular, although Gen V had popular Grass
I finally got my hands on a Contrary Seprerior not long ago.

BEAST.

Samurott is surely the most disappointing final starter evo of all... at least for me. From Dewott to... that.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so im going to guess what "Magiana" will be based off of
Valkyries is what im thinking

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really? Was it at the time?

I hated playing the game with serperior. He only learns grass and normal attacks

If you COULD get a contrary Serperior suring gen V MAYBE he would have been more enjoyable

But you can't start with contrary Serperior anyway

It was serperior being so bad that turned me off of gen 5

Chrono.

I finally got my hands on a Contrary Seprerior not long ago.

BEAST.

Samurott is surely the most disappointing final starter evo of all... at least for me. From Dewott to... that.
I'll always be salty about Samurott.

How do you go from Bad ass Otter Samurai to Swampert 2.0

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
From a look at the silhouette, we may have a new Waifu-mon on our hands.

Shroob

Sup?
Are we really already in Gen 7?

It seems....wayyyy too early for this. Surely this must just be some weird alternate form, right?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember in Gen 3 when they teased 4 for ages to the point Munchlax was cameoing in everything? And then Gen V and V1 were introduced quite abruptly in comparison?

Maybe that's what we're getting here. After all Munchlax showed up in the Deoxys movie before Emerald was released.

Shroob

Sup?
its a new pokemon brand new name and all
Still though, they've been hyping up this theoretical "Z" version for the longest time which we still don't even know if it's coming, why start teasing a new Gen before you even get your last game out?

IIRC, Munchlax and Bonsly in XD was basically the tail end of Gen 3, so it made sense, this just seems odd.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Remember in Gen 3 when they teased 4 for ages to the point Munchlax was cameoing in everything? And then Gen V and V1 were introduced quite abruptly in comparison?

Maybe that's what we're getting here. After all Munchlax showed up in the Deoxys movie before Emerald was released.
I kinda feel like Munchlax was special because it was a pre evo of one of the most popular Pokemon of all time.

Never know with GF though.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I kinda feel like Munchlax was special because it was a pre evo of one of the most popular Pokemon of all time.

Never know with GF though.
And who's to say this one isn't an evo/pre evo of another? Though it looks closest to Braxien in shape and that doesn't make sense.

Shroob

Sup?
And who's to say this one isn't an evo/pre evo of another? Though it looks closest to Braxien in shape and that doesn't make sense.
If they start adding pre/post evos to old Pokemon again, I'm gonna be hella salty about the whole Gen 5 Luvdisc/Amolaloma situation.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I checked Bulbapedia and Munchlax was revealed in May 2004 while Diamond and Pearl launched in September 2006.

The next mystery, will they make it for the portable version of the NX or will they do a Black and White and keep it on the old, more widespread console?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If they start adding pre/post evos to old Pokemon again, I'm gonna be hella salty about the whole Gen 5 Luvdisc/Amolaloma situation.
Man that sucked.

I was so excited for new Pokemon evos and we got... a lookalike.
Could very well be. The shape suggests an evolution. Dont know of what though. Kinda has bunny ears so a new Buneary branch idk.

I doubt it, but it could be the case.

HYPE. COME ON LEAK.

Shroob

Sup?
Crazy idea, but, what if it's an evolution to AZ's Floette?

Anyone remember that thing? You could hack it in and it even had different, much higher stats than a regular Floette, so it may as well have been its own Pokemon. It also couldn't evolve(In those games) and had its own signature move.

I mean, they eventually added the Mega Latis and are probably giving Zygarde its signature moves in Z, this is the only thing missing.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's see what unstated rules there are for evolution.

1. There can only be three Pokemon in a Chain
  2. Pokemon evolved by Stone or trade can't evolve again
  3. Any newly introduced evolutions must have a really obscure method that couldn't be done in previous gens (even though Lickitong and Piloswine could totally learn those moves, just saying)
I'm gonna scroll through the dex and look for candidates

Chrono.

Apparently the Pokemon's name could be a play on words for Machina (as in Deus ex Machina) and Gear.

And a teaser for the movie showed Pikachu fiddling with gear machinery and the like.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
know what i think...i think gen 6 is getting 20-50 new pokemon
think about it that would be HUGE news if large scale additions made halfway through a generation
became a realistic possibility

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently the Pokemon's name could be a play on words for Machina (as in Deus ex Machina) and Gear.

And a teaser for the movie showed Pikachu fiddling with gear machinery and the like.
We sure that isn't due to the fact that in the movie, Volcanion attacks a mechanical city?

Shroob

Sup?
think about it that would be HUGE news if large scale additions made halfway through a generation
That'd be pretty weird, tbh. At that point, it may as well be a new gen since we've never had Pokemon from the same gen surpass the dlc legendaries.

And if it's 50 or so, it may as well be a gen unto itself, since XY had what, 70 new mons?

Chrono.

We sure that isn't due to the fact that in the movie, Volcanion attacks a mechanical city?
The new Pokemon is very likely involved in the movie, which only reinforces my point.
Nah I still think Magiana is the first Gen 7 Pokemon.

Adding a bunch of Pokemon to the new game wouldn't make much sense. Megas are one thing, this is a whole other can of worms.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I'm more on the subreddit's belief here is that its name and general shape makes me think more of a magical girl than anything metal or gear related, making it half fairy.

Magiana, it already has "Magi" right there, and add in the supposed poofy dress, this honestly feels like a legit magical girl Pokemon to me personally.

Would not surprise me though, considering we have a Vocaloid Pokemon and a Princess Pokemon now.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Honestly, I'm more on the subreddit's belief here is that its name and general shape makes me think more of a magical girl than anything metal or gear related, making it half fairy.

Magiana, it already has "Magi" right there, and add in the supposed poofy dress, this honestly feels like a legit magical girl Pokemon to me personally.

Would not surprise me though, considering we have a Vocaloid Pokemon and a Princess Pokemon now.
Who's the princess again?

I got my hands on a mean old scythe in Bayonetta...Woah momma, this thing is cool as ****

Shroob

Sup?
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Diance is.

Total crackpot theory time regarding this thing. Probably 100% wrong, but if it comes true, call me a god.

Magiana is an evolution of AZ's Floette. It comes after Volcanion in the dex. This would explain why AZ's Floette is obtainable via hacking, but can't evolve into a Florges, and why it has different stats than normal Floettes.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I thought the reason AZ's Floette doesnt evolve was because its old as ****.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I thought the reason AZ's Floette doesnt evolve was because its old as ****.
AZ's Floette is basically an entirely new Pokemon, honestly. Its stats are MUCH better than a normal Floette's, and it has an incredibly powerful signature move. Honestly, technically speaking, it's a different Pokemon, it just looks the same as Floette and is called Floette for the sake of simplicity.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Oh man, an entirely new Pokémon being revealed is getting me excited since this could potentially mean 7th Gen. It'll be a great time to announce a new generation for the 20th anniversary too. The silhouette really does remind me of Braxien and the 'magi' in its name does make me think it's a Fairy type. Can't wait for further details and wondering if other existing Pokémon will get new Mega evolutions or maybe actual new evolutions/pre-evolutions.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
AZ's Floette is basically an entirely new Pokemon, honestly. Its stats are MUCH better than a normal Floette's, and it has an incredibly powerful signature move. Honestly, technically speaking, it's a different Pokemon, it just looks the same as Floette and is called Floette for the sake of simplicity.
...What also adds up is how Magiana seems to have a flower in it's design, Magic Hana/flower might be the name's inspiration too

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Eh I can't see it being Floette-E's evo. For no reason in particular though. I just see it being genuinely new.

What I want to know is is it a new legendary or a new standard 'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom