• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
:4littlemac: wasn't THAT absurd. I would say he fits.

Although maybe i'm biased towards my original most wanted.

EDIT dammit Greninja didn't even exist yet an I still got dunked.
Uh.

Ryu? Little Mac?
Ryu getting into Smash was something that largely was seen about as likely as Cloud until the day of the Royu leak.

And I forgot that Punch Out Wii was only a few months intead of like a year after Brawl came out.
Because BEFORE that, he was a shock to appear an assist trophy, I believe.
Still, a little humorous to think.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
So you mean a character that to degrees makes total sense but is regarded as impossible due to fan rules?

Yeah I see.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Taking this into account
Corrin's neutral special is gonna be freaking terrifying on Kirby
Either his Mouth or his Hand will turn into THAT
Ohnooooo
The final DLC, is probably also going to be a scary one....

So the Bayonnaise with Corn stream will start at about 1AM (my time)? I'll debate with myself whether I'll sit through it and watch or just head to bed and watch it tomorrow. It's probably going to be the latter since I'm feeling a little tired right now....

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know what boys? Let us just do this one last time.
For old times sake.
I was gonna say the hype train never ends, but then I realized that if a new game actually is announced at some point, we're going to need a new equivalent of this song for that new game's theme.

Unless we get advanced warning on the new game's announcement, in which case this is getting used one more time.

Or if that port business comes up. . .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Man.
Thinking about it.
How many of the newcomers in Smash 4 weren't either non-existant or "unreasonable" when Brawl came out?
I think it's a damn short list.

:4bowserjr::4megaman:....:4duckhunt:.......:4pacman:

....Maayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe :rosalina: too?
Rosalina is a weird case regarding this question.

She existed when Brawl came out. Galaxy released a month before the original Japanese version of Brawl. About 4 months before the US version. And about 6-7 months before the European version.

That's obviously not a long time though, so by Brawl's speculation standards, I think she wouldn't have been on anybody's radar for Smash (other than mine, lol, but she was a pipe dream even for me). Certainly not within the core Smash community. I do recall there being a rumour that she was originally an Assist Trophy that functioned just like Gardevoir in some behind closed doors demo, and was replaced by Gardevoir for the final game, but IIRC that was debunked. Not entirely sure though. People probably just mixed up the two (which would be interesting in and of itself because it would imply that people recognised Rosalina more than Gardevoir, even at that point, when Galaxy wouldn't have been out yet and Rosalina was barely talked about).

Hell, even regarding Smash 4 speculation, Rosalina, while she had a decent following (her support topic on Smashboards had about 40-50 pages by the time she was confirmed and had a few movesets posted and everything. I do not believe this topic still exists though, as there was a purge on the Rosalina boards last year, getting rid of lots of old threads), was largely overlooked by the core Smash community in favour of more "popular" characters (I emphasise those quotations) like Bowser Jr., Waluigi, and even Daisy.

And while people like to point to the original Galaxy game as the de facto representation of the character (I personally prefer to take most of her appearances as a whole that fleshes her out, since people look at other characters that way anyway), most of her easy to identify powers come from other games. With Galaxy alone, there may not have been much for moveset potential. Well, there was, but it wasn't obvious in the way that "Mario should definitely have fireballs, Kirby should definitely have Inhale, etc".

So I'm gonna say that Rosalina was deemed "impossible" for Brawl. She was too new, put simply.

However, if Brawl was a bit more like Smash 4 in terms of the characters that got in, Rosalina doesn't have the "too new" problem, considering :4corrin::4corrinf:.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"It's a different opinion from mine, therefore its bad."
I'm sorry but that's basically what you're saying right now.

:094:
It's basically kinda what that video is doing too, though?
Tropical Freeze and DCKR don't fit into that guy's definition of what makes a good sequel so they're bad sequels.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I think the problem lies in this YouTuber saying they are "bad" sequels, and not "sequels I don't like".

Again, "good" and "bad" are objective statements and if you say something is one or the other, you really have to back them up. The two words imply that something either meets or falls short of set standards.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys!

Just wanted to shamelessly plug let you all know that my guest article for SourceGaming is finally done!

It revolves around the the idea that :4corrin:'s inclusion in Smash isn't purely shameless advertising. I hope you all will give it a read and share your thoughts! Thanks again to @PushDustIn and the SG crew for this chance, I hope to have more articles in the future!
Damn, I didn't know Sakurai had beaten EVERY FE game
He is one of the poor souls to have beaten Thracia 776
*salutes*
Some countries sell the amiibo separately.
And I bet I'll never be in one of those...

It's not an opinion
The guy is saying DKCR is "bad" which means it's objective
And "objectively", it isn't
It would be an opinion if it was "Top 5 reasons why I don't like"
And even then, it's childish to make a video solely to bash on it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There is no last time. The train never ends. We just got off at the station to get a connection for Smash NX :troll:
This party never stops. Time is dead and rolling has no meaning. Hype is upside-down and Sakurai reign supreme. WELCOME, ONE AND ALL, TO SMASHMAGEDDON!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
1 Hour Left!
Can't wait to see some JP People play Smash! :4corrinf:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This Pokémon x Parasyte crossover looks weird.
Parasyte certainly comes to mind...

Which means, good sir, you have good taste in anime.

(Speaking of anime, I finally caught up with Durarara!!, and started watching and caught up with BBK/BRNK. And that's not all of the anime of this season I want to watch yet.)

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
hey um

this is really offtopic

but I'm dying to know the name of this Pokemon soundtrack: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-324453210

I NEED TO KNOW, LIKE I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR IT FOR SO LONG

i'll love anyone who gives me the name of it

EDIT: NO OH MY GOD THE MUSIC CHANGES IN A REPLAY I'M SO ugh i hate my life

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I just wanted to put this out there, if we were going to get another Zelda character, I think it'd be Tingle, I believe this because of his major popularity, and unlike Impa or Ganon, he's had his own spin-off series, and even his own costume in Mario Maker, and various forms of merchandise.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So I just wanted to put this out there, if we were going to get another Zelda character, I think it'd be Tingle, I believe this because of his major popularity, and unlike Impa or Ganon, he's had his own spin-off series, and even his own costume in Mario Maker, and various forms of merchandise.
What about Midna?
Very popular.
2 forms in Hyrule Warriors
AT
Has her game which is the best sold 3D zelda on 3 consecutive generations.
Arguably better moveset potential than Tingle..

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
But he has a very large hatebase outside of Japan.
IMO it's Ganon or Linkle, depending on how much either of them are used in upcoming titles if we're getting anyone.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But he has a very large hatebase outside of Japan.
IMO it's Ganon or Linkle, depending on how much either of them are used in upcoming titles if we're getting anyone.
I don't think a hatebase would really effect his inclusion, :4bowserjr:also had a very strong hatebase before his inclusion in Smash, and :4corrin:'s series recieved a ton of flak for overrepresentation.

In the end what I think matters is uniqueness and importance.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do I have to have an account to watch a Nico video?

I remember there's a Japanese video site that requires that but can't remember which one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom