• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Even though the Sonic T.V. show discussion ended, I wanted to give my own personal thoughts on them.

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog: Probably my favorite of the American shows. It has it's problems and it feels a little cheap, but it's overall just a fun time. Long John Bardly is one of the best Robotniks.

Sonic SatAm: Perhaps the show with the most praise, and honestly, I'm not a fan. I can see where the praise comes from, but I honestly found it pretty boring. The theme song is great though.

Sonic OVA: The best piece of Sonic animation there is in my opinion. It felt very faithful to the series, the animation is very charming, and action scenes were great. I wish the South Island music from it made it's way to the games.

Sonic Underground: Admittedly, it's somewhat of a guilty pleasure. But the show as a whole is just not good, that's all I can really say about it.

Sonic X: One of my first introductions to Sonic (the very first being Heroes). I'll admit, whether it's in English or Japanese, the show isn't very good. However, I have a massive soft spot for it, and I do think the first episode, in Japanese, is legitimately great.

Sonic Boom: Easily the best thing to come out of Sonic Boom. While the show has it's problems (Knuckles), it does have some legitimately funny jokes in it. The animation can be rather stiff at times though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's this that I hear about Corrin and Bayo being demoed?
Here's an idea....

When Bayonetta and Corrin release, we do a Bayonetta and Corrin-only tournament to see who is, at that time, the best NintenZone Bayonetta/Corrin player.

We could even do team battles!
I'd be totally in
I'll sure to be the best big brother sister player
Jojo Dub + friends + Corrin and Bayonetta = hype
I've always liked Chibi but never played his games. I DO have his amiibo though
How do you have Chibi's amiibo if you never played one of his games? Doesn't it only come with the 3DS game?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I've been brainstorming an idea for a Shovel Knight related comic for a while now (even before I got the game), and I've started sort of doodling for it. Do people think this is a nice enough style (just a basic sketch with no real shading or anything, stuff like that would be added in for proper panels)?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hey guys!

Just wanted to shamelessly plug let you all know that my guest article for SourceGaming is finally done!

It revolves around the the idea that :4corrin:'s inclusion in Smash isn't purely shameless advertising. I hope you all will give it a read and share your thoughts! Thanks again to @PushDustIn and the SG crew for this chance, I hope to have more articles in the future!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So I've been brainstorming an idea for a Shovel Knight related comic for a while now (even before I got the game), and I've started sort of doodling for it. Do people think this is a nice enough style (just a basic sketch with no real shading or anything, stuff like that would be added in for proper panels)?

I do like that the helmet emotes. Something about the rings around the helmet kind of bother me though. But overall it looks great.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I do like that the helmet emotes. Something about the rings around the helmet kind of bother me though. But overall it looks great.
While it is difficult to find out how those rings are supposed to look (seriously, the horns and rings look different between different artworks, as well as the amiibo, which I have been referencing too since I have it), I know they aren't centered properly. I was just quickly throwing this together so I would pay greater attention to that stuff in a proper drawing.

I'm not going to get too over the top in detail though for the comic, it's just supposed be a cute little joke comic about a certain topic.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Lost World was medicore but for a company like Sonic Team thats actually a good thing

If the worst thing they can make now is Lost World than thats good

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Anyone know if there is any way to watch the demo of Corrinetta after it has been streamed??
This is really important.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyone know if there is any way to watch the demo of Corrinetta after it has been streamed??
This is really important.
Hope that someone is planning on re-streaming through Twitch and then watching a VOD of that, or hoping someone records it for YouTube.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Lost World was an unnecessary experiment. There was still a lot to explore with the Unleashed/Colors/Generations model including how to work with characters besides Sonic so we could have a 3D Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I *think* streaming NicoNico on Twitch would be against ToS but IDK.

Depends who does it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Lost World was an unnecessary experiment. There was still a lot to explore with the Unleashed/Colors/Generations model including how to work with characters besides Sonic so we could have a 3D Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
The thing is though, is that Lost World's gameplay style was specifically made to address complaints people had with those games (them overall being too fast for some to handle with it being difficult to control at a slower pace, coming to a halt even when bumping into little things, and just overall having the flow interrupted, and so on).

Granted, these complaints come from people who probably weren't very skilled at the game, but they probably make up the majority of people who would play Sonic games.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The thing is though, is that Lost World's gameplay style was specifically made to address complaints people had with those games (them overall being too fast for some to handle with it being difficult to control at a slower pace, coming to a halt even when bumping into little things, and just overall having the flow interrupted, and so on).

Granted, these complaints come from people who probably weren't very skilled at the game, but they probably make up the majority of people who would play Sonic games.
Not the first time I've heard of well intentioned changes completely screwing over a game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sonic Heroes is my favorite Sonic game... :4sonic:

It's pretty darn good.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not the first time I've heard of well intentioned changes completely screwing over a game.

Wow. That was a good video.

I wonder what else the guy has made...

*watches*

Nope.

Bad....

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Who knows, they were probably thinking that Amiibo and platforming is enough to save him. But nope, no one was gullible enough to fall for that trap. And good call on saying that the marketing was bad since a commercial should have been enough to attract the masses. . Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen summed up everything wrong with the game the week it came out (the roulette wheel being its biggest problem) and I would only pay attention to the Amiibo. Nope, already played enough broken platformers and this one isn't going to torture me.

One can wonder how things will go with Federation Force. You know, one of the "highlights" of last year's abysmal E3.
Wait what? I saw the bosses, I didn't list any problems with Ziplash

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man.
Thinking about it.
How many of the newcomers in Smash 4 weren't either non-existant or "unreasonable" when Brawl came out?
I think it's a damn short list.

:4bowserjr::4megaman:....:4duckhunt:.......:4pacman:

....Maayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe :rosalina: too?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've never realized how funny the trophy ceremony cutscenes were in Power Tennis (Dat Birdo attempted kiss though).

I can why many praise this as one of the best games in the Mario Tennis lineup.

Wait what? I saw the bosses, I didn't list any problems with Ziplash
You're right, it was definitely the bosses that you've talked about and not the other problems. My bad. :laugh:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Taking this into account
Corrin's neutral special is gonna be freaking terrifying on Kirby
Either his Mouth or his Hand will turn into THAT
Ohnooooo
*looks at avatar*

*looks at image*

. . .So is Corrin basically a partially white Xenomorph seeded from a cloned Sivatherium?

Man.
Thinking about it.
How many of the newcomers in Smash 4 weren't either non-existant or "unreasonable" when Brawl came out?
I think it's a damn short list.

:4bowserjr::4megaman:....:4duckhunt:.......:4pacman:

....Maayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe :rosalina: too?
:4littlemac: wasn't THAT absurd. I would say he fits.

Although maybe i'm biased towards my original most wanted.

EDIT dammit Greninja didn't even exist yet an I still got dunked.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Heroes is my favorite Sonic game... :4sonic:

It's pretty darn good.
I think it's very good too, and I WANT to say that isn't because of nostalgia, because I do have quite a few things that annoy me about it.

But it's an important game for me because it was the game that threw me into the deep end with Sonic. While he was always a part of my life due to AoStH and due to my first neighbour having the first game on the Mega Drive, it wasn't until Sonic Heroes that I actually got properly into Sonic, and it was the game that solidified me as a fan of the series.

What's even funnier, is that I had the PS2 version growing up. I have the GameCube and PC versions now though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom