• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's an idea....

When Bayonetta and Corrin release, we do a Bayonetta and Corrin-only tournament to see who is, at that time, the best NintenZone Bayonetta/Corrin player.

We could even do team battles!
If I get my money (At least $40, but good grades may lead to $60 or $80) before Corrin releases and it's on Smash 3DS, I'd be happy to join in! :4pacman:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This could be a possibility as well. Is the second season's release confirmed yet?
It's release hasn't been confirmed but it's in production.

I suppose it'd be a good time for me to weigh in.

A while ago, there was a credible rumour suggesting that Sanzaru Games had actually put Fire & Ice development on hiatus for a few months, as they were hired to work on some big VR project by another company.

I can try and search for the source on that if people are interested. But that might be why Fire & Ice isn't releasing until then.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's release hasn't been confirmed but it's in production.

I suppose it'd be a good time for me to weigh in.

A while ago, there was a credible rumour suggesting that Sanzaru Games had actually put Fire & Ice development on hiatus for a few months, as they were hired to work on some big VR project by another company.

I can try and search for the source on that if people are interested. But that might be why Fire & Ice isn't releasing until then.
I see, and I kind of remember that rumor. Which could be possible. I hope they can make the game do good, buut at least the show is funny.

Also here is some overview plots on Detective Pikachu:

Still betting on pikachu being Looker.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As long as somebody other than Skip Ltd is developing it, I would be cool with it. Because no offense, they really need to give up after what happened with Zip Lash.

Goku and Donbe got to be additions if that were to be a thing, plus the previous people in Captain Rainbow. And I almost forgot about everyone's favorite female detective: Ayumi.
Skip Ltd and Sonic Team are alike.

Both being incompetent developers who have been killing their mascots slowly with subpar releases. But at least Sonic has the opportunity to be better with his 25th anniversary while Zip Lash arguably killed Chibi Robo for good.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

Both being incompetent developers who have been killing their mascots slowly with subpar releases. But at least Sonic has the opportunity to be better with his 25th anniversary while Zip Lash arguably killed Chibi Robo for good.
Sonic Team hasn't made a bad Sonic game since '06

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric was one game, dude.

And it wasn't even made by Sonic Team.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Well hey, it might be kind of interesting to try to use an RPG making game. I wonder what exactly is available on Stea-"

*sees price tag on most recent one*

"Nope, not paying that much for something I have no I idea how to use, thank you for reminding me I have an NX to save up for, adios!"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
"Well hey, it might be kind of interesting to try to use an RPG making game. I wonder what exactly is available on Stea-"

"Nope, not paying that much for something I have no I idea how to use, thank you for reminding me I have an NX to save up for, adios!"
That's what the steam sales are for.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Update regarding my sprites (in case anyone cares):

:4bowser: is planned to get a big overhaul. Mostly to increase his overall size, as I deem it way too small now.
Mario Sprite.png
Bowser Sprite.png

See what I mean?

Second, and most importantly, a new character has been sprited. It wasn't who was initially planned to be the next character, though.
Weegee Sprite.png

Too bad, Weegee time.
This one's my personal favorite so far.

But that doesn't mean they're perfect since then though.
That's implying anything is perfect to begin with.

There are RPG maker games on Steam?

:094:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sonic Team hasn't made a bad Sonic game since '06
While that may be true, who's to say that Lost World didn't have its problems? They tried some new ideas compared to the old Hedgehog engine and it wasn't that well executed. Not that I hated it, but many considered it a disappointing title compared to Colors and Generations. The reception for spinoffs like the Storybook Series were mixed at best and Free Riders ruined the Sonic Riders games with the Kinect alone.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric was one game, dude.

And it wasn't even made by Sonic Team.
Look at the above comment.

Big Red Button clearly should have had some guidance to make Boom good though. At least the show has some redeeming qualities.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
while Zip Lash arguably killed Chibi Robo for good.
I honestly wonder how Zip Lash became a thing.
Cheebo's being unnoticed and unloved, the fans he DOES have are clammoring for a successor to Chibi-Robo GCN
And they decide to make a Platformer that literally could've belonged to anyone with a Whip-like Object (Yoshi, Kirby [too an extent], Samus, among others] and make Chibi-Robo the cooked goose
And then they decide "If game doesn't sell well, we're ditching Cheebs"
I mean
The thought process is "Platformer = Good Game = People Buy It"
But that doesn't help when the only real marketing done for Zip Lash was just Nintendo ****posting pictures of his amiibo on Twitter, and the fact that it's literally nothing like Chibi-Robos past games at all (The trash is just sorta there because why not and the food is a generic sidequest item with silly advertising which probably cost more money to get in the game than making the game itself) making fans of Chibi-Robo buy it only for the sole fact that they want to keep the series alive

But due to 2 + 2 they pulled a Big Red Button and now Cheebo is probably gone forever unless some other developer picks him up.
But Cheebo ain't Mega Man, so that probably won't ever happen.

F :4rob:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Update regarding my sprites (in case anyone cares):

:4bowser: is planned to get a big overhaul. Mostly to increase his overall size, as I deem it way too small now.

Second, and most importantly, a new character has been sprited. It wasn't who was initially planned to be the next character, though.
View attachment 94382
Too bad, Weegee time.
This one's my personal favorite so far.

That's implying anything is perfect to begin with.

There are RPG maker games on Steam?

:094:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/363890/

Quite a few, actually. If you get one, I'd say opt for an older one, because the price on this one. . .scares me.

Also did someone say sprites?

Not that it's very good, I just took a bit of advice from the Disco Room based off of one earlier image and it needs a lot more critique before it's acceptable, but. . .

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
http://store.steampowered.com/app/363890/

Quite a few, actually. If you get one, I'd say opt for an older one, because the price on this one. . .scares me.

Also did someone say sprites?

Not that it's very good, I just took a bit of advice from the Disco Room based off of one earlier image and it needs a lot more critique before it's acceptable, but. . .

I remember my Windows XP being bundled with RPG Maker 2003
I had no clue how to use it at all
But I played it every day I didn't have internet.
Why?
This song.
I like it. :4pacman:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While that may be true, who's to say that Lost World didn't have its problems? They tried some new ideas compared to the old Hedgehog engine and it wasn't that well executed. Not that I hated it, but many considered it a disappointing title compared to Colors and Generations. The reception for spinoffs like the Storybook Series were mixed at best and Free Riders ruined the Sonic Riders games with the Kinect alone.

Look at the above comment.

Big Red Button clearly should have had some guidance to make Boom good though. At least the show has some redeeming qualities.
Lost World had it's problems but what game doesn't? It's still a good game. Hardly a franchise killer.

Also, Lost World DID use the Hedgehog Engine. People need to understand that the Hedgehog Engine is a graphics engine, and has no real relation to the gameplay. It's main task is handling the lighting and the "level chunk loading" system Sonic Team-made Sonic games use these days.

Also I don't think throwing Free Riders in is fair, everyone knows the Kinect is just inept in general. It's not Sonic Team's fault the Kinect technology is bad, they did what they could with it.

You also seem to be leaving the highly praised handheld titles out of this, since you are going as far back as Secret Rings.

The Sonic franchise is far from dead. If it lived through Sonic '06, it can live through what it's going through now (which isn't even "lack of good games", it's "lack of games". 2015 was a quiet year for Sonic as far as games go, and that isn't really always a bad thing).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did you know it's possible for opinions o be objectively correct?

I think of all of Disnely's "major" disney movies, Hunchback was the only one I missed.
I should fix that one day :X especialyl because KH DDD has a Hunchback world
You should also do it considering it's my favorite Disney movie. :p Oh, and it's on Netflix.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire is another one that gets forgotten about a lot, despite being a solid film. It's got flaws, yeah, but I think the good outweighs the bad. One of my personal favorites, too. :p It's also on Netflix. For now. Considering they love taking Disney films off, like what just happened with Pocahontas, The Rescuers + Down Under, The Fox and the Hound, and Treasure Planet.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Secret Rings and Free Riders in a nutshell.

On the subject of Lost World, it wasn't too bad. But that's not to say the game had itself problems. The Wisps felt like a last minute decision, the Deadly Six were underdeveloped with easy boss fights (Looking at you Zor and Zeena), the level design at some points felt wonky (speeding without a fall is near impossible), motion controls were problematic at times, and the writing for the plot could have been better (There was literally no build up for Tails's outburst at all and it just happened in one scene). But that's not to say that I had some enjoyment out of my experience playing it.

Oh, the handheld games were fantastic. We need something like Sonic Advance again! :4dk:

If Sega wants to revisit this new playstyle, they definitely need to make some good improvements. The story itself was a step down from Colors, so I'd say they should step it up for the next game. They really need to earn more of trust from their fanbase in order to maintain this reputation of theirs. But I can agree that Crapcom done worse in the past.

Last edited:
You should also do it considering it's my favorite Disney movie. :p Oh, and it's on Netflix.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire is another one that gets forgotten about a lot, despite being a solid film. It's got flaws, yeah, but I think the good outweighs the bad. One of my personal favorites, too. :p It's also on Netflix. For now. Considering they love taking Disney films off, like what just happened with Pocahontas, The Rescuers + Down Under, The Fox and the Hound, and Treasure Planet.
It's on Netflix? Well now I just plain feel silly.

Atlantis is easily one of my favorite Disney movies. Probably top 5.

It also needed much more of this guy.
I also vageulyremember the sequel. Felt more like a bunch of Pilots for a show than a movie lol
Treasure Planet.
**** you Netflix D:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Runners was developed by Sonic Team.

We all know how that one turned out.
Mechanically that game is fine, and was highly praised in the soft launch.

It was just the updates and micro transactions that messed with certain things, the 2.0 one in particular. However they have been fixing things, like the "inevitable death wall", so it's not like they don't take criticism into account.

Also, Sonic Team, unlike the name might imply, has an A Team and a B Team, which has changed over time. So you can't just say "Sonic Team made this game I didn't like and made this other game I liked so what gives???". Different individuals make the games.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So wait, Corrin and Bayo are being demoed today?

So, that basically means they're done and in a presentable state...

Interesting...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Interesting...
Last time that wasn't a direct where we got someone in a presentable state was :4pacman: at E3
Just something to note :4pacman:
Cheebo's being unnoticed and unloved, the fans he DOES have are clammoring for a successor to Chibi-Robo GCN
And they decide to make a Platformer that literally could've belonged to anyone with a Whip-like Object (Yoshi, Kirby [too an extent], Samus, among others] and make Chibi-Robo the cooked goose
I mean
But that doesn't help when the only real marketing done for Zip Lash was just Nintendo ****posting pictures of his amiibo on Twitter, and the fact that it's literally nothing like Chibi-Robos past games at all (The trash is just sorta there because why not and the food is a generic sidequest item with silly advertising which probably cost more money to get in the game than making the game itself) making fans of Chibi-Robo buy it only for the sole fact that they want to keep the series alive

But due to 2 + 2 they pulled a Big Red Button and now Cheebo is probably gone forever unless some other developer picks him up.

Another example.
Cheebo's size.
Let's look at GCN, Park Patrol and Zip Lash.

Chibi-Robo GCN.
You're small. Real small. You're spider-size.
Trash is about 5x your size, the humans are monsters compared to you and your brother is the size of a human Adult.
Couple that with the face that you're in an everyday home and even doing something like climbing up the stairs is a challenge, but the game has it's ways of making even climbing stairs fun with all of Cheebo's gadgets and gizmos.

Park Patrol.
You're still small, but for the main area in the game you're placed in a miniature park so the only thing really bigger than you are the flowers and those nightmarish enemies that force you to flee whenever you spot them unless you send your friends in the field to die alone or pack heat yourself. The only time you really feel small is when you're wandering off into some dark alleyway on the street to find more people to send into the front lines.

Zip Lash.
Literally everything is Chibi-sized. It's like you're Giga-Robo. But you're supposed to be tiny.
Oddly-square ground straight outta Mario Maker? Your size.
Enemies? Your size.
Devices? They're small too!
You're not really "Chibi" anymore unless you stare at the background.
Also,

Tootsie Pops.
Too bad we don't got a tongue to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center.
...Neither do all the friends we're helping.
Why do you all need Tootsie Pops and PEZ's if you're all toys/robots
:drshrug:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Interesting...
I think they were done and in a presentable state during the Final Presentation. It's moreso the 3DS version that probably was still being worked on (especially considering Bayonetta's attacks and Final Smash)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I also vageulyremember the sequel. Felt more like a bunch of Pilots for a show than a movie lol
That's actually what it was, if you can believe it. Disney thought it was gonna be a huge hit and had tons of plans for it. One of these plans was a TV series, but after the movie kinda flopped, they canned it, but repurposed the three episodes they had done at the time into a direct-to-video sequel. It's also why the sequel seems so choppy: it's literally the first three episodes made into a movie.

Another thing that got canned was something for the Parks. The 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride at Disney World was going to be repurposed into an Atlantis-based submarine adventure, but due to low box office results, it was cancelled, so the lagoon itself was drained. The one at Disneyland instead got repurposed into a Finding Nemo ride.

Still a better sequel than Hunchback's though...that one's just terrible and doesn't even have the tv show excuse. And that upsets me.

Shroob

Sup?
I think they were done and in a presentable state during the Final Presentation. It's moreso the 3DS version that probably was still being worked on (especially considering Bayonetta's attacks and Final Smash)
I'm just hoping against all hopes that they come out this week, even though I know we'll probably be waiting until around the 14th.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I mean

Who knows, they were probably thinking that Amiibo and platforming is enough to save him. But nope, no one was gullible enough to fall for that trap. And good call on saying that the marketing was bad since a commercial should have been enough to attract the masses. . Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen summed up everything wrong with the game the week it came out (the roulette wheel being its biggest problem) and I would only pay attention to the Amiibo. Nope, already played enough broken platformers and this one isn't going to torture me.

One can wonder how things will go with Federation Force. You know, one of the "highlights" of last year's abysmal E3.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nope, not going to involved in another discussion about "that" Metroid game. I owe a certain Dark Pit main a Smash match at this time for now so I shall take my leave. Later all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom