• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I can see it honestly, when ever Amy's in danger he does seem visibly upset. The official bio for Amy also states he cares for her.
I was probably a bit harsher than I should've been in how I put it....
But I just never saw something more than friendship.
Though it's better defended than cramming Knuckles & Rouge together.

Edit:
Also Amy isn't obsessive or a stalker, at least not when portrayed correctly.
Yo.
It may be that Sonic Adventure was what I go back to with Amy's character.
But.

Double Edit: Actual lines.
I know your favorite color is that shade of blue (Wouldn't mind painting myself blue for you)
I do understand the feelings of a persian cat (The Sphinx looked so cute. I had to shave it)
Sweet Sweet, you're so sweet. There's nowhere to run.
He reminds me of parsley when he's standing there all alone (Makes me wanna be his specialty)
You probably need me just as much as I need you.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Holy butts, this is awesome.
Those models look amazing :4pacman:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That is also the OVA where Robotnik casually has a hostile takeover of NotAmerica just to send a message and forces said girl to be his bride.
Best Robotnik.
Actually I was referring to Sally. :laugh:

They had every Sonic but the one that was actually still running on TV at the time.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
To be honest, I didn't even know Sonic the Hedgehog had a video game/was a video game character until I saw pictures in Nintendo Power a year or two after I watched reruns of AoStH on Toon Disney. :laugh:

I'm a sucker for Road Runner cartoons, so that show is a guilty pleasure of mine. The Opening theme and Robotnik's theme are nostalgia trips.
I went a while thinking Kirby was just a really weird cartoon character, TBH.

I remember seeing the OVA & SM VHS tapes at Blockbuster when I was younger and wondering who all those characters on the covers were. Is that some sort of red Australian mouse? What the heck is a Metal Sonic? Why is there a girl hanging out with Sonic/Tails?
LOL my first exposure to Knuckles and a whole bunch of other Sonic characters was Sonic X because I had only played Sonic 2 before watching it. hadn't the faintest clue as a kid who most of the characters were, and they may as well have been OCs for all I knew.

Nice to know I wasn't the only one who spent much of my childhood oblivious, even if in my case it was a bit worse because I knew even LESS about any other video games in existence at that age.

And I was, like, 7 at the time.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh god the crowd reactions to the character buffs and nerfs are great.

EDIT: THUNDER HAS :4falcon:'S KNEE OF JUSTICE

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
For those who want to see Bayonetta and Corrin in Action tonight, here's the link to the stream.

The stream starts at 8:30 pm EST and 5:30 pm PST and you can use your Nintendo Network ID to sign up if you want to watch the stream in its entirety.

EDIT: Or according to Nintendo Everything, 8:15 pm EST and 5:15 pm EST. The earlier the better I guess lol.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So Corrin and Bayo will be shown?

Also aren't Chandelure and the others supposed to be shown today as well?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it is January 30th where I am so a quick release isn't off the card entirley.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Chris is a Gary Stu though, perfect abilities, check, everyone likes him no matter what, check, the world revolves around him seemingly, check, knows about everything, check.

The show should've been called Chris X if you ask me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
After almost catching up with Durarara!! last night, I realized once more how much I love this series, if only for the fact it has a cast of really messed up characters.

The story can be confusing as hell, though. There's always a lot happening at once (in the same time frame of the narrative), the perspective shifts every so often (the narrator is always one of the many, many characters) and the story isn't told in a very straightforward way as a result.

It's definitely a one of a kind series and hard to pinpoint a genre for it.

I don't think they'll release now, but a release date is looking likely.
The fact they're showing off the characters in the stream is likely an opportunity for them to announce their release date.

As for when they will be released, I'd say the earliest possibility would be sometime the upcoming week.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In before someone says they'll surprise us with a final final final final ultimate DLC character after showing Bayo and Corrin.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was probably a bit harsher than I should've been in how I put it....
But I just never saw something more than friendship.
Though it's better defended than cramming Knuckles & Rouge together.

Edit:

Yo.
It may be that Sonic Adventure was what I go back to with Amy's character.
But.

Double Edit: Actual lines.
I know your favorite color is that shade of blue (Wouldn't mind painting myself blue for you)
I do understand the feelings of a persian cat (The Sphinx looked so cute. I had to shave it)
Sweet Sweet, you're so sweet. There's nowhere to run.
He reminds me of parsley when he's standing there all alone (Makes me wanna be his specialty)
You probably need me just as much as I need you.
>Using a character theme written by an external artist to say how a character is rather than the actual in-game actions of said character.

Smashboards characterisation talks go to a whole 'nother level, yo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm guessing they've been playable since December but need bug testing and balancing.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That moment when you wake up to see a warning in your inbox.

I guess reactions of fear ought to have more than one word? Mmmkay.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's honestly subjective. The game itself could've been a lot better than what it ended up being.
Nope. "Good" and "Bad" are objective statements.

It's got flaws, but none of them are big enough to really call it a bad game.

I'm not saying it's fantastic or anything - like I said, it's got noticeable flaws - but it's reasonably well made and was a nice step on after SA2 (which I would say is the worse of the two, honestly).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Is there a stream for the Niconico?
I wanna see me some Corrin gameplay :4pacman:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Nope. "Good" and "Bad" are objective statements.
Right, right. Whoops.
It's got flaws, but none of them are big enough to really call it a bad game.
Depends on the version. From what I've seen the PS2 and Xbox versions have some major game breaking glitches like poor collision detection and frame rate issues. Of course that's more of a problem with the engine they used to port the game.

I'm not saying it's fantastic or anything - like I said, it's got noticeable flaws - but it's reasonably well made and was a nice step on after SA2 (which I would say is the worse of the two, honestly).
I mostly agree on that front. One of the big issues with the game stems from the shallow battle system.

Too many of the enemies you encounter require Sonic's Blue Tornado to disable them before you can do damage, and Tails' character-throw is basically a homing attack that does no damage, and Knuckles' punching moves aren't too fun or varied. There's pretty much virtually no variety to the battles. They introduce maybe two things early on that can change them up a tiny bit, and then never vary from those few concepts throughout the entire game, instead choosing to "increase difficulty" by adding more of the same things at one time.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That moment when you wake up to see a warning in your inbox.

I guess reactions of fear ought to have more than one word? Mmmkay.
You are 19 21 years old and wasted your life. This is perfect reward that every loser deserves.

But jokes aside, it's not that bad. If not, still less BS than Miiverse. The nerve of that community to warn you for saying "stupid" yet poorly drawn doodles (Not those doodles you're thinking about) gets a free pass. I wonder if those users evolved beyond doing that, but it's too good to be true since Miiverse is the embodiment of immaturity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom