• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Watching Jojo with my friend. VERY fun! Also, when is the stream? I'm bad in time zones, but it's 1:30 AM fr Europe, right?
– 5:15 PM PT (Saturday)
– 8:15 PM ET (Saturday)
– 1:15 AM in the UK (Sunday)
– 2:15 AM in Europe (Sunday)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Right, right. Whoops.

Depends on the version. From what I've seen the PS2 and Xbox versions have some major game breaking glitches like poor collision detection and frame rate issues. Of course that's more of a problem with the engine they used to port the game.

I mostly agree on that front. One of the big issues with the game stems from the shallow battle system.

Too many of the enemies you encounter require Sonic's Blue Tornado to disable them before you can do damage, and Tails' character-throw is basically a homing attack that does no damage, and Knuckles' punching moves aren't too fun or varied. There's pretty much virtually no variety to the battles. They introduce maybe two things early on that can change them up a tiny bit, and then never vary from those few concepts throughout the entire game, instead choosing to "increase difficulty" by adding more of the same things at one time.
Some of the combat issues you mentioned are actually resolved by the level up system. If Speed characters are at Level 3, Homing Attacks and Jump Dashes have a Tornado effect added to them (i.e. you can blow off shields and spin up poles just by doing a Homing Attack). Thunder Shoot for Flight characters actually does damage at later levels (and flying enemies take extra damage when hitting the ground).

But I can understand people not liking that system.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It bears mentioning that Sakurai did retweet the stuff about the Nico Nico stream. A release date announcement does seem likely.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
It bears mentioning that Sakurai did retweet the stuff about the Nico Nico stream. A release date announcement does seem likely.
Or maybe he retweeted it because he wants people to know that Corrin and Bayonetta are going to be shown off in the stream. Im sure its just that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they have this event last year and Sakurai actually showed up, and shook ZeRo's hand?

Or was that something different?

If this is the case though, he's probably retweeting it because he's going to be there. Heck, I think demonstrating Corrin and Bayonetta is enough of an excuse for him to be there.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Or maybe he retweeted it because he wants people to know that Corrin and Bayonetta are going to be shown off in the stream. Im sure its just that.
Even without considering that Sakurai tweeted it, the fact it's a live stream, where a lot of people will be watching it live, is a good opportunity to announce a release date.

They're showing the characters for the second time, the first in actual gameplay, and we're getting real close to the month they're scheduled to release... It all adds up.

When the stream begins, it will be January 31st in Japan (and all of Europe too, but it's a Japanese stream).

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they have this event last year and Sakurai actually showed up, and shook ZeRo's hand?

Or was that something different?
No idea. I don't follow competitive stuff. :ohwell:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ah NicoNico Streams, how much I love and hate you for having to make an account to see your videos. Seeing my two most anticipated DLC would be great, but I doubt I have the time for that today. But I know damn well that someone needs to post the videos on YouTube while this happens.

And Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan any san Nintendo fan with a brain should realize how mediocre Miiverse is. I can't be the only one who wants it dead and replaced by a better community by time the NX is out.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I never posted anything on Miiverse, now that I think about it.

I only use my NNID for eShop purchases.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Like with any online community (Smashboards included), Miiverse is fine as long as you regulate it and only do certain things.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I never posted anything on Miiverse, now that I think about it.

I only use my NNID for eShop purchases.
Same. And I use it only to accept friend requests from this community and my real friends.

I would least care for the community unless good art is involved (which is unfortunately overshadowed by the bad posts).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have been watch Pewdiepie's walkthrough of Undertale. Don't recommend watching. Although he gets laughs and plays normal and plays pacifist, he skips all regular battles, which is part of the enjoyment of Undertale.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Then this stream is an opportunity.

For whatever reason NicoNico Douga lets you login with your NNID.

:231:
Well, that's something I didn't know about... Still, the stream is at 1 AM for me... Not sure if I want to start watching it at such an hour.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Coming from someone who used to love going through the Wii Fit U community, it saddens me that what used to be a perfect place got turned into a cesspool for annoying children. If the rumors of them currently holding their fort in the Super Luigi U community is true, then I might come back and see how much have it changed.

Same. And I use it only to accept friend requests from this community and my real friends.

I would least care for the community unless good art is involved (which is unfortunately overshadowed by the bad posts).
Art Academy.

Chrono.

Remember that since the stream will be on NND we're gonna be seeing comments on screen like this again.

I mean you can turn them off but where's the fun in that.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Am I the only one who wants to see Nintendo making a game about the retro/forgotten Ninendo characters in one place with story and teaming up together something similar what happened in Captain Rainbow but better? We could have Lip, Star Man, Nester, R.O.B., Mr. Game and watch, Popo, Takamaru and others playable in that game.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I have been watch Pewdiepie's walkthrough of Undertale. Don't recommend watching. Although he gets laughs and plays normal and plays pacifist, he skips all regular battles, which is part of the enjoyment of Undertale.
The bolded applies to all Pewdiepie content.

What's this about a stream going on?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Am I the only one who wants to see Nintendo making a game about the retro/forgotten Ninendo characters in one place with story and teaming up together something similar what happened in Captain Rainbow but better? We could have Lip, Star Man, Nester, R.O.B., Mr. Game and watch, Popo, Takamaru and others playable in that game.
As long as somebody other than Skip Ltd is developing it, I would be cool with it. Because no offense, they really need to give up after what happened with Zip Lash.

Goku and Donbe got to be additions if that were to be a thing, plus the previous people in Captain Rainbow. And I almost forgot about everyone's favorite female detective: Ayumi.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The bolded applies to all Pewdiepie content.

What's this about a stream going on?
Yeah, Pewdiepie is a surprisingly calm YouTuber, especially when he plays games like Life is Strange or Undertale. He doesn't act very stupid in those kinds of games. He's kinda over exaggerated in terms of how he plays games. He can be rational too. He acts pretty rationally and appreciates the game, but him skipping the battles was a turn-off for me personally.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Remember that since the stream will be on NND we're gonna be seeing comments on screen like this again.

I mean you can turn them off but where's the fun in that.
Wait, what?
You can put messages ON the screen?
How do you do that? :4pacman:

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
My general opinion on Sonic shows:

-SatAM: I don't think it's very good and I stopped watching about 4 or 5 episodes in. I can see why it was popular though.
-AoStH: It's just pure zany fun, like Looney Tunes or something. I think it's good for what it is.
-Japanese Sonic X: It has it's problems but it has a lot I really like, and it was my favourite portrayal of Sonic before Secret Rings/Unleashed/Black Knight came along. Some episodes legitimately got me in the feels.
-English Sonic X: It's bad but there are some funny bits. I think the Cruise Blues episode is still funny even in this version.
-Sonic Boom: Has a few niggles but it's a great show, and most seem to agree that it's a quality product so it's the best received too.
French Sonic X is actually pretty good...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Now that you mention Sakurai tweeting stuff:
Can someone link me to his page? I've been looking everywhere yet I can't seem to find it.

:094:
https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai?lang=en

Here you go.

This is his professional one anyway, dunno if he has a separate personal one where he posts memes and laments the idiocy of the Smash fanbase. :V

French Sonic X is actually pretty good...
From what I understand, French Sonic X actually wasn't censored much if at all, and the French Jetix channel actually did end up airing the full uncut Japanese version at one point. It's how we have all of the footage of it now.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Your first mistake was watching Pewdiepie

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Someone will restream it on twitch for certain.

Do we even know if they are going to start out with the characters? It could be the whole night before we see anything.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's an idea....

When Bayonetta and Corrin release, we do a Bayonetta and Corrin-only tournament to see who is, at that time, the best NintenZone Bayonetta/Corrin player.

We could even do team battles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom