• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Piccolo is my favorite though

I don't like how later he became more of a joke. With everyone else super powerful compared to him

That's why Frieza saga is the best.

He was still a fighter then
Maybe he'll redeem himself in the new Super arc.

With Buu already being eliminated he just might.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Reminder that Krillin gets rewarded for all his sacrifices with a SMOKIN' android wife (who out-powers him) and has a damn kid with her.

.... And Yamcha gets NTR'd by his murderer.

Edit:
Vegeta cares about his eyebrows too much to go Super Saiyan 3.
Vegeta confirmed Guile.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I gotta say, Krillin is my favorite character.

He probably has the most heart out of all the characters in the series which is especially evident when he ends up being the only one who fights Buu to protect everyone on the Lookout regardless of being hopelessly outclassed.
It's a shame Krillin is seen as a pathetic character because of his recurring deaths (killed by Piccolo, Frieza, Alternate Timeline Cell and Buu, plus Android Super 17 in GT if you want to count that as well)

He got together with Android 18 though.

That is more what Yamcha can say. *insert picture of Yamcha beign killed by a Saibamen*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And named his daughter after his ex girlfriend

**** move Krillan

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who would you say are the main cast of the main Disney cartoons?

I'd say...

Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Daisy
Goofy
Pluto
Pete
Chip and Dale
Hewey, Dewey and Louie

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'd say...

Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Daisy
Goofy
Pluto
Pete
Chip and Dale
Hewey, Dewey and Louie
I'd put Chip and Dale, and the duck triplets as more side characters

It's a shame Krillin is seen as a pathetic character because of his recurring deaths (killed by Piccolo, Frieza, Alternate Timeline Cell and Buu, plus Android Super 17 in GT if you want to count that as well)

That is more what Yamcha can say. *insert picture of Yamcha beign killed by a Saibamen*
I remember this was this nice little essay showing Krillen's strength

Destructo Disc, surviving Frieza (for a bit) defeating a Cell Jr etc.

and of course seducing a killer robot. Kind of nice since he was around since DB, even if he didnt get his time to shine

something something Tien

I'd say...

Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Daisy
Goofy
Pluto
Pete
Chip and Dale
Hewey, Dewey and Louie
Pretty much whatever Kingdom Hearts uses for the Disney Castle/Disney Town.

maaaaaaaybe take out Scrooge.
Which is your list :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Krillin cut off Frieza's tail and nearly killed Nappa if Vegeta hadn't told him to get out of the way. He's small, but is badass with his signature move. Too bad it doesn't work on Cell, though.

D

Deleted member

Krillin cut off Frieza's tail and nearly killed Nappa if Vegeta hadn't told him to get out of the way. He's small, but is badass with his signature move. Too bad it doesn't work on Cell, though.
Didn't Krillin also almost killed Vegeta with Yajirobe's sword?

Also we have been talking about Disney Villains and yet you guys haven't mentioned Captain Hook?

He may not be super evil but he is one hilarious villain with the crap he gets into. Plus Mr Smee is pretty much the original Smithers.

This was so funny.

Because Maron was just an anime filler character then Toriyama just happens to name his canon daughter Marron.

Like what are the chances.
Just like to say that in one of the videogames the scouter says Maron (the ex) has no brain waves.

Yeah.

DBZ legacy of Goku 2 was pretty good

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Didn't Krillin also almost killed Vegeta with Yajirobe's sword?
And would've if it wasn't for that meddling Goku. On the other hand, if he had, there's no way they would've survived on Namek overall. Vegeta saved their butts.

Also we have been talking about Disney Villains and yet you guys haven't mentioned Captain Hook?

He may not be super evil but he is one hilarious villain with the crap he gets into. Plus Mr Smee is pretty much the original Smithers.
Fun fact: Digimon has a Petermon, Tinkermon, and CaptainHookmon.

D

Deleted member

And would've if it wasn't for that meddling Goku. On the other hand, if he had, there's no way they would've survived on Namek overall. Vegeta saved their butts.

WHERE'S MY MRSMEEMON?

MainJPW

M.T.A

That never made sense to me, yes Krillin died 3 times,(I don't count non canon GT) but people tend to forget that Chaotzu also dies 3 times. Almost every Z fighter dies 2 times so it's not that many anyway.

However, 2 of 3 of Krillins deaths are the result of him protecting other people.

For example: his first death happened when he was trying to protect the announcer from Tambourine and people like to bring up how he was killed in one hit and I would like to point out that Krillin had shortly before fought through an entire tournament with barely any rest in between matches. He was exhausted.

And of course there was his sacrifice against Super Buu. We didn't even see Yamcha help him out, Krillin was on his own. Vegeta sacrificed himself against Buu and he's seen as a hero but Krillin does the same thing but people make it a joke.

When he was killed by Freeza people have to keep in mind that he killed Vegeta and almost Piccolo before hand. If it wasn't Krillin it would've been Gohan anyway, not to mention they were both drained of energy from helping Piccolo.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

She can tink my bells

Shroob

Sup?
So, guys, even though there's still two days left in January, the 31st begins the first week of February.... We're soo close, guys. We're almost at the finish line.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to be alone through another Valentines day...

29 in a row

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Chrono.

Everyone but Link talks.
Link does "talk" but the player doesn't know what he says or chooses what he says (SS).

Of course it depends on the game, sometimes he "talks" or sometimes he lets the companion do the talking or sometimes it's both.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Link does "talk" but the player doesn't know what he says or chooses what he says (SS).

Of course it depends on the game, sometimes he "talks" or sometimes he lets the companion do the talking or sometimes it's both.
I mean...

Make everyone BUT Link talk.

As in have a voice.

That speaks real words.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just what we needed, another controversial subject that Zelda fandom would complain about. Though I'll be fine with Link talking as long as the dialogue and voice acting is miles better than how it happened in the CDi games.

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/3...oducer-says-a-lot-of-fans-want-link-to-speak/
I'm already calling it, The Legend of Zelda: The Faces of Evil HD with better voice acting confirmed. :troll:

I wouldn't mind if characters like Militron and Morshu are canonized since they are one of the few GOOD characters from the games. But that King though, he's perfect.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What the **** is a Militron? Was it the wolf girl with the all seeing eye?

Or are you talking about someone else?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What the **** is a Militron? Was it the wolf girl with the all seeing eye?

Or are you talking about someone else?
Maybe this scene will freshen your memory.

And by the way, the wolf girl's name was Lupay. Yes, it's strange how they gave a creepy character such a silly name (A Latino name that is).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, Link could just speak without a voice actor. If anything, just keep his usual grunts. I'm okay with him being voiceless, but just have implied dialogue(outside of when you choose an option).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Maybe this scene will freshen your memory.

And by the way, the wolf girl's name was Lupay. Yes, it's strange how they gave a creepy character such a silly name (A Latino name that is).
Oh, how the heck would I think she would have a voice fitting for a robot? Now that I see this guy in action, he would be an interesting new villain in a canon Zelda game. Just as long as the fights are challenging and not piss poor how they were in the actual CDI games (You kill Glutko once by tossing a bomb in his mouth).

The Lupay thing is truly weird. Why give a pale female wolf a name that would be making her out as Hispanic? I can already tell that she's got to be the butt of many of "those" jokes in YouTube Poop.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, how the heck would I think she would have a voice fitting for a robot? Now that I see this guy in action, he would be an interesting new villain in a canon Zelda game. Just as long as the fights are challenging and not piss poor how they were in the actual CDI games (You kill Glutko once by tossing a bomb in his mouth).

The Lupay thing is truly weird. Why give a pale female wolf a name that would be making her out as Hispanic? I can already tell that she's got to be the butt of many of "those" jokes in YouTube Poop.
Well about that, they sort of did take her name and run with it as a Latino gag in some videos. As you can see from this "official" wiki, her full name is Guadalupe Pérez Perales which is more or less an extremely stereotypical name.

https://youchew.net/wiki/index.php?title=Lupay

Welcome to YouTube Poop where every character is turned into something they are not just for laughs. If you are brave enough to look through here without cringing, almost 40% of all official YouTube Poop characters are bisexual. That includes The King, Leon S Kennedy, Birdo, Beavis, Patrick Star, Falco, Shadow (Yes, fangirls went that far), Officer Jenny, Megan Fox, Fred Figglehorn, Waluigi, Rainbow Dash, Spongebob, Sora, Samus, Snake, Meta Knight, Ken, and the Eds.

And now comes the part that you are saying "What the ****?". :lol:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG

Shaggy has the most hideous design I've ever seen

And apparently people actually dress like that IRL

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well about that, they sort of did take her name and run with it as a Latino gag in some videos. As you can see from this "official" wiki, her full name is Guadalupe Pérez Perales which is more or less an extremely stereotypical name.

https://youchew.net/wiki/index.php?title=Lupay

Welcome to YouTube Poop where every character is turned into something they are not just for laughs. If you are brave enough to look through here without cringing, almost 40% of all official YouTube Poop characters are bisexual. That includes The King, Leon S Kennedy, Birdo, Beavis, Patrick Star, Falco, Shadow (Yes, fangirls went that far), Officer Jenny, Megan Fox, Fred Figglehorn, Waluigi, Rainbow Dash, Spongebob, Sora, Samus, Snake, Meta Knight, Ken, and the Eds.

And now comes the part that you are saying "What the ****?". :lol:
Aw come on, I've seen plenty of things and it can't be that bad.

*comes out of the wiki after witnessing the Drew Pickles page*

I have zeroes words for the things I saw there. And I can see why people love YouTube Poop more than MLG. Because that ****'s more bat**** insane with the material it does. I won't look at these characters the same way again, especially Drew and Scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom