• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So does anyone think #FE will really get an M rating? Because I really don't think it will, it's not that edgy and doesn't really cross any boundaries, but let me know what you guys think.
Yes.
Because it's a damn SMT game.

THIS GAME GOT AN M RATING.
#FE SURE AS HELL IS.
Edit:

I don't even know where the hell "Partial Nudity" was in this game; and that's after doing both stories.
But SMT x FE fits all of this last I checked.

Double Edit: Oh wait. Mara.
Partial Nudity makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So does anyone think #FE will really get an M rating? Because I really don't think it will, it's not that edgy and doesn't really cross any boundaries, but let me know what you guys think.
Rated T with some censorship.

This is what I expect at this point. From everything I've seen there is some edge, but nowhere near as much as the Shin Megami Tensei games.

I've seen creepier...

What about:

Omega Flowey for Smash!
Fun fact:
The first and only time a piece of media has genuinely unsettled me.

Might have just been because it was 1:00 AM after staying up late the night before and I had marathoned the game but still. . .

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
>Gets two alerts
>Only one actually shows up
... Wat.

Anyways, I bothered to download Sonic Dash today. It's actually somewhat addicting, though that most likely is because I was trying to unlock Shadow.

Didn't Reggie himself say that he was expecting the game to be M?

:094:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
>Gets two alerts
>Only one actually shows up
... Wat.

Anyways, I bothered to download Sonic Dash today. It's actually somewhat addicting, though that most likely is because I was trying to unlock Shadow.

Didn't Reggie himself say that he was expecting the game to be M?

:094:
I don't know actually? Source?

Chrono.

Kinda shoddy in some areas, but overall I like how it incorporates Parkour better than the actual game did.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Three words: You're not perfect.

And I'll kill anyone that dare posts the video too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hair styles these days seem to be shaved on the sides and longer in the middle

I'm going to get my hair cut soon and wondering what I should go with

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Definitely an M.
M for MMAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*super saiyan Marth intensifies*

Kinda shoddy in some areas, but overall I like how it incorporates Parkour better than the actual game did.
>Green Grove
That's from Sonic 3D Blast isn't it :drshrug:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

Oh~
This is small text made to not make this an image-only post~
Because Ridley is too big for the Badge Arcade~
HEFEEDSOFFYOURTEARS
So does anyone else feel Baito could be an actual fighter in future Smash titles? I know hes currently Mallo/Dillon tier at the moment, but with his ability to change into this, and his buff form, he definitely could have an interesting moveset for Smash 5. Also he could use the ultrahand as it resembles claw machines. As well as bombs and hammers from the machines.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I hate that blue thing from Courage too, but you know what I hated even more?

Return the Slab....or suffer my curse....

That was my childhood nightmare.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So does anyone else feel Baito could be an actual fighter in future Smash titles? I know hes currently Mallo/Dillon tier at the moment, but with his ability to change into this, and his buff form, he definitely could have an interesting moveset for Smash 5. Also he could use the ultrahand as it resembles claw machines. As well as bombs and hammers from the machines.
I see him as an assist trophy more than anything.
And he's basically just an extention of the Sales Bunny that's in the Streetpass Plaza; an extension of genericism alongside Miis.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

I am incapable of associating that song with anything other than SammyClassicSonicFan

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Izzat supposed to be scary?
Looks like a guy with a Twisty Straw in his head :drshrug:
What you're looking at is easily the SCARIEST thing in the entirety of Courage the Cowardly Dog. The fact that it's inhuman and CGI along with the creepy music makes it terrifying. The worst part is that fans made theories about it being Eustace's broken trumpet that insults Courage in his first imperfect nightmare.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Izzat supposed to be scary?
Looks like a guy with a Twisty Straw in his head :drshrug:
Everything Azzy and Aussie said, TRUST THEM ON EVERYTHING.
I said this before, I believe he actually has a chance for Smash 5 due to his potential to be unique and surge in popularity, especially considering the success of Badge Arcade.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What you're looking at is easily the SCARIEST thing in the entirety of Courage the Cowardly Dog. The fact that it's inhuman and CGI along with the creepy music makes it terrifying. The worst part is that fans made theories about it being Eustace's broken trumpet that insults Courage in his first imperfect nightmare.
King Ramses still freaked me out more.

The entire sequence of nightmares Courage had in that episode is genuine horror, though. Can't deny that.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
And he's basically just an extention of the Sales Bunny that's in the Streetpass Plaza; an extension of genericism alongside Miis.
Oh I definitely consider him and the Miiverse Bunny one in the same, thus that makes 3 appearances now counting SMM. And I agree, more than likely he will be an assist trophy, but thats not to say he doesn't have potential to be a fighter.

Honestly, Arcade Bunny doesn't seem too unreasonable. I think it's the closest thing you could get to WFT without going downright stupid.

I miss Courage. Was a great show I didn't watch enough of.

I loved the episode with the depression cannonballs. That episode was weeeeeeeeeird.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just watch the video or the original episode and you'll see...
upload_2016-1-29_21-18-26.png
Guys, it isn't-
upload_2016-1-29_21-18-46.png
Guys, it isn't that scary-
Everything Azzy and Aussie said, TRUST THEM ON EVERYTHING.
Guys, seriously, it's just a blue guy with a crazy straw in his head
Calm down

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Only thing is is that he's an established character, unlike a generic Sales Bunny.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think I've figured out a possible efficiency-raising formula for a monster-collecting type title.

Since >90% of all monsters in these games go unused and unmarketed anyway, the logical idea is to simply rearrange the ratio between the number of monsters and the number of evolutions.

Instead of 50 monsters with one evolution line each, there would be 10 monsters with 10 evolution lines each.

So you can pick the most marketable creatures I.E. cats and dragons, give them a base form, and then let people pick which awesome final form they want to go with while still technically allowing every line to be easily marketed.

How does it sound?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I miss Courage. Was a great show I didn't watch enough of.

I loved the episode with the depression cannonballs. That episode was weeeeeeeeeird.
Weird, yet clever, and sometimes rather inspiring.

One of my favorites was the one with the space squids. That was one of it's less creepy episodes, but also one of it's most surreal.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let's be glad it wasn't the Ao Oni. Now that I look it it, maybe the original developers were fans of the show as well.

They look so alike, except the latter is purpler and more deformed. *shudders*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let's be glad it wasn't the Ao Oni. Now that I look it it, maybe the original developers were fans of the show as well.

They look so alike, except the latter is purpler and more deformed. *shudders*
No, don't give them any ideas!

I've already seen enough of that abomination's face when playing that game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Frightening animation? Well that's a little tough, it depends on what we're talking about. Scary is subjective after all.

If you ask me it was either Courage or Invader Zim that I guess could be considered "spooky". But both knew really well how to combine horror with a more lighthearted shade of humor to balance them out. And it's shame that you don't see that as much nowadays.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Disturbing animations? I think I can contribute to this discussion. *Warning: slightly violent*

Mind if I chip in?
:4pacman:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I think I've figured out a possible efficiency-raising formula for a monster-collecting type title.

Since >90% of all monsters in these games go unused and unmarketed anyway, the logical idea is to simply rearrange the ratio between the number of monsters and the number of evolutions.

Instead of 50 monsters with one evolution line each, there would be 10 monsters with 10 evolution lines each.

So you can pick the most marketable creatures I.E. cats and dragons, give them a base form, and then let people pick which awesome final form they want to go with while still technically allowing every line to be easily marketed.

How does it sound?
So you have to try to devise 10 evolutions for 10 base species....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom