• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
You guys don't actually know how happy it made me to see Faris at the forefront for World of Final Fantasy stuff.

"I heard you were talking **** like I wasn't gonna hear."

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Lightning: FemCloud with even less personality and becomes a diety because she's Nomura's waifu or something.
Terra: Mary. Sue. Celes is the true protagonist of the game.
Meanwhile, the true best girl in Final Fantasy...
A leader of a pirate force.
HAS A PET SEA DRAKE.

Ah Faris, I can agree that chick was an awesome character in her own right. Anyone who's a pirate with their own pet sea dragon is cool in my book.

But you know who we need to see more of?

Kain Freaking Highwind.

This powerful warrior was Volga before it was cool. Easily one of my favorites from Final Fantasy IV.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ah Faris, I can agree that chick was an awesome character in her own right. Anyone who's a pirate with their own pet sea dragon is cool in my book.

Kain Freaking Highwind.

This powerful warrior was Volga before it was cool. Easily one of my favorites from Final Fantasy IV.
I mean.
Didn't he get into Dissidia before CECIL?!
Edit: And the fact that he often gets referenced in Ultimate Lances is a nice touch...
Double Edit: And, of any consolation, he's one of the first characters gained in FF Record Keeper and is one that can carry you pretty decently for a while.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I mean.
Didn't he get into Dissidia before CECIL?!
Edit: And the fact that he often gets referenced in Ultimate Lances is a nice touch...
Double Edit: And, of any consolation, he's one of the first characters gained in FF Record Keeper and is one that can carry you pretty decently for a while.
Actually, Cecil's been playable since the first Dissidia game.

Kain however just appeared in the 012 sequel to have his time to shine. I was hoping for him to return in the 2015 game, only for freaking Shantotto to reappear like the annoying furball she is. But I'd rather not rant about the same character that the Fiery Joker (Josh Scorcher) hates as much as I do.

Though i agree that he gets a lot of special things going for him unlike her.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I DONT KNOW ANY OF THESE PEOPLE I ONLY KNOW CLOUD STRIFE.

It has nothing to do with guns. Just about the characters.
Shantae's cool but doesn't stand up to Samus, Bayonetta, Jill Valentine, and Lara Croft.
Oh... Nevermind then...

So Chun-Li?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You start the game with Terra. She has her back story of being a half breed living among humans she has to deal with

She can turn to a monster girl and you get her father as a summon.

I don't think she's so much a Mary Sue. She's not perfect. She starts the story kidnapped and evil.

Celes is awesome in her own right, but Terra is the focus of most of the story.

There really is no character more important/ main but plot wise Terra is the more important

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually, Cecil's been playable since the first Dissidia game.

Kain however just appeared in the 012 sequel to have his time to shine. I was hoping for him to return in the 2015 game, only for freaking Shantotto to reappear like the annoying furball she is. But I'd rather not rant about the same character that the Fiery Joker (Josh Scorcher) hates as much as I do.

Though i agree that he gets a lot of special things going for him unlike her.
My bad... had that switched.
And I'm an actual fan of Shantotto for the sheer insanity that revolves around her.

D

Deleted member

Kain Freaking Highwind.

You mean Han Solo with a lance? How could anyone not find him cool?
Also, Kain is probably the most susceptible person to brainwash
Relevant
"Cecil, you sure we can trust Kain, I mean, he's quite susceptible to being brainwashed"
"Nah, don't worry, Kain and I are good friends, he'd never vetray me:
"Bu--"
"Hey, Cecil, can I see that crystal for a moment?"
"Sure, Kain"
"CECIL DON'T"
"Why not? Here it is!"
*hands over crystal to Kain*
"K thnx bye"
"Wait, what?"
*stabs Cecil in the back*
"Lol ceeya later m8"
"How would I ever be able to see this coming?"
You start the game with Terra. She has her back story of being a half breed living among humans she has to deal with

I don't think she's so much a Mary Sue. She's not perfect. She starts the story kidnapped and evil.

There really is no character more important/ main but plot wise Terra is the more important
While I agree that Terra is far from a Mary Sue
Celes is still the protagonist of the second part of the game
Like, it's kinda a FE7 situation
Except Terra wasn't added as an excuse for ten chapters of tutorial
But you get the idea

Burruni

Smash Hero

Celes is the "true" protagonist to me because she's the one that carries the group through World of Chaos and has the more direct tie to Kefka as the Magiknight who betrays her country and king because of his crimes against humanity.

And Mary Sue, admittedly, is a harsh term to GIVE Terra. But the "I'm the only kind who's a crossbreed of races that were never meant to interact OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" type of special backstory is one that gets significant marks off for me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You mean Han Solo with a lance? How could anyone not find him cool?
Also, Kain is probably the most susceptible person to brainwash
Relevant
"Cecil, you sure we can trust Kain, I mean, he's quite susceptible to being brainwashed"
"Nah, don't worry, Kain and I are good friends, he'd never vetray me:
"Bu--"
"Hey, Cecil, can I see that crystal for a moment?"
"Sure, Kain"
"CECIL DON'T"
"Why not? Here it is!"
*hands over crystal to Kain*
"K thnx bye"
"Wait, what?"
*stabs Cecil in the back*
"Lol ceeya later m8"
"How would I ever be able to see this coming?"

While I agree that Terra is far from a Mary Sue
Celes is still the protagonist of the second part of the game
Like, it's kinda a FE7 situation
Except Terra wasn't added as an excuse for ten chapters of tutorial
But you get the idea
Kain is the knuckles of ff

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
..... This just appeared in the Badge Arcade in Europe....

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn sounds like I need you again :)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk3Ku1WTQ

This was lsited as a source in a youtube video which idk if i can trust:

But I want to know if it says everything. While you are there, can you look up ANYTHING info about the game in this?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/6437256808824258934/6437256808839620711

Just anything about the game is fine.

Like the video sounded interesting so i want to be sure to ahve the full story :)
https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/693231396383514624

Please tweet questions there. Don't send them to me directly, as I won't be able to get to them right now.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So remember when we were talking about best SEGA girls?
This was one no one got.

(And yes I know she's not directly owned by them, but she's important to the company as a whole)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

has the more direct tie to Kefka
Not according to SE
Because Terra was chosen as the FFVI rep for Dissidia because she was deemed the one with most relation to Kefka(who was obviously the villain rep)
Kain is the knuckles of ff
I needed a Star Wars reference okay?
I mean, FFIV basically IS Star Wars
THEY'RE NOT EVEN TRYING TO BE SUBTLE ANYMORE

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Arcade Bunny for Smash 5!

(Actually due to his popularity I see this being a very real possibility)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Not according to SE
Because Terra was chosen as the FFVI rep for Dissidia because she was deemed the one with most relation to Kefka(who was obviously the villain rep)

I needed a Star Wars reference okay?
I mean, FFIV basically IS Star Wars

THEY'RE NOT EVEN TRYING TO BE SUBTLE ANYMORE
Also.
Just saying.
If anyone's the "Han Solo of FF"
It's ACTUAL Discount Han Solo.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Don't make me bring out the "shoo-in".

He eats bunnies for breakfast and shake entire forests its his rage alone.

You know who it is.
Is it a bear that happens to have his name start with the letter B, and is a "Rare" bear?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used both Celes and Terra on my team.

Let's call them both the main characters

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is it a bear that happens to have his name start with the letter B, and is a "Rare" bear?
Nope, but it's one that will get his *** whopped if he brings his ugly face here. I mean, you can tell from the bunny's face that he's had it with his ****.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Oh~
This is small text made to not make this an image-only post~
Because Ridley is too big for the Badge Arcade~
HEFEEDSOFFYOURTEARS

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright, you guys asked for it. Ready or not, because here comes the only deserving character for Smash!

Hail Satan, mother****ers!

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I was digging up some information on how the Smash NX Rumor might be connected the Smash Bros. 6 Rumor and I found a little tidbit of information that's not necessarily important, but is somewhat interesting.

To give a little background, Super Mario 3D World was released on November 22, 2013 (the day the Xbox One launched coincidentally :p) for the Wii U. So... why is this so important?

Approximately 5 Months Later, Nintendo confirms that the next 3D Mario Game has started development, but states that it will not share which platform the game is going to be for. Now this could be Nintendo just not wanting to reveal too much about the project (which is understandable), but what if the next Mario was in development already for Nintendo's Next Gen Console (the NX)? Not to mention, the article says this:
However, 3D World co-director and EAD Tokyo team leader Kenta Motokura did reveal that if the game was to arrive on the Wii U, he and his staff would need to utilise the Wii U GamePad even more effectively than before.
Now of course, this could just be me nitpicking at the wording really bad. Although the thing that gets me is when he says "if". That seems to me like they already have a plan to which platform they're going to support and were just talking about Wii U Support in theoretical terms. Like I said, it's still kind of a nitpicky thing to point out, but is worth somewhat mentioning.

Source: (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...but_cant_reveal_if_its_coming_to_3ds_or_wii_u)

Now your probably wondering, how does this do with Smash?

Fast forward a couple of days and the job listing for "Smash Bros. 6" first appears. Now, this is abnormally strange as Smash Wii U/3DS weren't even done when this job listing was uploaded. The creepier part was that Sakurai considered the 3DS Version Smash 4 and the Wii U Version Smash 5. So with this mysterious listing that appeared, it caused nothing but confusion. Soon enough the rumor when quiet for a really long time.

Now go back to yesterday and a Smash NX rumor appeared from an apparently reliable source. Now, if we take the (somewhat) evidence taken from Nintendo's statement about the Next 3D Mario Game being in development it kind of gives an interesting thought. What if Smash 6 was a variation of Smash 4 that started development in 2014 for the NX and has been secretly in development this entire time? I mean, its entirely possible considering that game companies usually do starting developing their next consoles relatively early in their current console's lifespan.

I just feel it's an interesting thought to have that there could have been (and still be) a Third Variation of Smash 4 in development right this moment. Although, again, this is just a massive theory :p. So... we'll just have to wait and see how everything turns out I guess.

Source: (http://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-hiring-for-smash-bros-6-which-launches-next-year/)

Now with theory, there are two major holes the theory might possess.

- When the listing was posted, it say the mysterious "Smash Bros. 6" was to be released in 2015, which has already passed.

- Downloadable Content was released all throughout 2015, which could be what the job listing's pointing to.

The only thing that gets to me is that the proposal/application kind of makes it sound that its a new title of sorts. Now of course that's just me being nitpicky, but something I wanted to point out.

Overall, what do you guys think of this theory? To be honest, even I came up with this theory on my own, I don't really believe it :p. I think (if the rumors true) that it'll just be an enhanced Smash Wii U port with possible extra content, but who knows really? I guess all these questions will be answered this year at E3 2016, so we won't have to wait long to find out (hopefully)!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Alright, you guys asked for it. Ready or not, because here comes the only deserving character for Smash!

Hail Satan, mother****ers!
Let's see if you used that pathetic image again and laugh at its....

**** this ****! I'm not going to let that thing haunt my dreams again!

Later dudes!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So does anyone think #FE will really get an M rating? Because I really don't think it will, it's not that edgy and doesn't really cross any boundaries, but let me know what you guys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom