• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What's wrong with Wreckless Safety Guy?
In the words of @GoldenYuiitusin, he's only popular because of a meme. It's the equivalent of wanting Shrek for similar reasons.

Because she's a creep.

She's a weirdo.

What hell is she doing here?

She don't belong here.

I'll see myself out of here like a true Radiohead fan.
YOU IDIOT!

*proceeds to kill you a thousand times with file abusing abilities*

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As far as third parties go for a hypothetical Smash NX with new characters, I still just want Rayman and Snake.

Damn Konami.

Damn three trophies with no explanation as to why they're in the game.
DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald.

D

Deleted member

Also, what the **** is Wreckless Safety Guy?

The word is Reckless. RECKLESS.

This isn't goddamn Wreck-It Ralph!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What would you think if he was the first character announced for the next game? :smirk:
Yokai Watch representation in the next Smash is about as inevitable as Splatoon and Hyrule Warriors representation. The series rivals Pokemon's popularity in Japan and it doesn't seem like it's going to slow down anytime soon, even if the rest of the world is ho-hum about it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Last edited:
Yokai Watch representation in the next Smash is about as inevitable as Splatoon and Hyrule Warriors representation. The series rivals Pokemon's popularity in Japan and it doesn't seem like it's going to slow down anytime soon, even if the rest of the world is ho-hum about it.
I think you're the first person i've ever seen say Hyrule Warriors representation is likely, let alone inevitable. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Splatoon? I agree.

The other two? I'd say trophies are their best shot.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
No love for THE best selling and most popular character under Microsoft's belt? :p

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Smash NX 3rd party representation?

Jibanyan, Dr. Eggman, Layton, Phoenix Wright

Possibility of Snake returning and Jack Frost but I wouldn't say they're either as likely as Jibanyan. And I'd honestly wouldn't rule Steve out.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Hyrule Warriors inevitable? Isn't that kinda jumping a bit too far ahead?

Splatoon is inevitable, I agree, but the other 2 not so much. Even if they're possible.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well how about...

Banjo, Rayman, Shantae or Layton?...

Geno maybe?
Geno's never going to happen, and his fans were lucky enough to get a Mii costume given his irrelevancy and unimportance to both Mario and Square.

And Shantae is a massive nobody who only got attention because her immature creator kept hyping her up for Smash himself. She probably would've never even been considered a viable candidate had he acted professionally.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No love for THE best selling and most popular character under Microsoft's belt? :p

Ah, the one Dorkly video that rustled the jimmies of Mario fans everywhere.

It easily shows you that the fanbase clearly doesn't know how to take a joke and find an excuse to hate on Minecraft. Sad, isn't?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Hyrule Warriors representation?

Hyrule Warriors probably isn't even going to be remembered by the time Smash 5 starts development. It's a Zelda spinoff. This is the equivalent of saying "PAPER JAM AND POKEMON RUMBLE REPRESENTATION IN SMASH 5 IS INEVITABLE!".

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
He's only there due to Killer Instinct to be fair. Still much more than can be said for Banjo though.
But Battletoads is Rare's best IP not named KI and considering they just developed the DKC games, that's a lot.

Battletoads is the best and baddest

WHERE'S MY NEW GAME, PHIL?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Is Yo-Kai Watch even actually doing well outside of Japan?

It really doesn't feel like it's taking off at all here in the states.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Pretty well. It's got an anime running and that's been doing good from what I hear. Yo-Kai Watch 2 is already being localized, at least it's been heavily implied.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I want Master Chief.
Obviously we should go all out with the 60 or 70 plus roster we're getting on Smash NX, so I say we deserve Master Chief.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Pretty well. It's got an anime running and that's been doing good from what I hear. Yo-Kai Watch 2 is already being localized, at least it's been heavily implied.
I'm aware there's an anime, but that doesn't really mean anything. It was brought stateside along with the game; it was the franchise's first bit of exposure over here.

It's not indicative of its success, since it's one of the things they're using to try and ensure it becomes a success.

If THAT happens, I'm gonna laugh SO HARD at Sony :rotfl:
Is this about Playstation All-Stars failing to nab Crash?

Because there's already reason to laugh at them. :4cloud:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

The anime from what I hear is doing well, the toy line however... At my local Walmart it's pretty much non-existant...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There are two kinds of character requests that really infuriate me:

1) Someone so obscure or not technically a video game character to painfully try to "top" :4rob::4gaw: or :4wiifit:
2) Another Pokémon Trainer that's either a different region or different set of Pokémon (even worse if it's just more starters).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm aware there's an anime, but that doesn't really mean anything. It was brought stateside along with the game; it was the franchise's first bit of exposure over here.

It's not indicative of its success, since it's one of the things they're using to try and ensure it becomes a success.
Good point yeah, but I feel it wouldn't be running as long as it has if it hasn't been somewhat successful. I don't really know about that kinda stuff though so that's just a gut feeling opinion.

No sales figures have been released from what I can see, but I think it's at least mildly successful or else they wouldn't imply Yo-Kai Watch 2 or make the merch line so massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom