• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't know why'd they make Smash 5 so early, but also why they'd make a port.

We already have Smash 4 on 2 costumes and buying the DLC is easy as pie and any gameplay changes would be unfair.

But Smash 5 only 2 years after Smash 4? Just don't get it.

What's our general consensus right now?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Since Namco is apparently making a bunch of NX games.

I'm expecting a port of Tekken 7. Wii U had Tag 2, I don't see why not.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So I was looking over the tweet that Dr. Serkan Toto made. Turns out, there's a detail on it that everyone potentially missed.
View attachment 94150
It seems oddly familiar...

Other examples of nerd spending I can think of in the last year:

-Cat Rosalina Furuta figure for €17. The actual thing is probably originally only like, €1 or €2.
-Every Smash amiibo that came out and some extras. Easily a few hundred euro right there.
-Rodea: The Sky Soldier Limited Edition for like, €70-€80.

That's all I can really think of last year.

Other examples include the Sonic Generations Collector's Edition (€100 or so), the Freedom Planet Collector's Edition I just got (only around €30 but shipping cost €20 or so), among other things.

Here is my room stash right now because why not.

View attachment 94151 View attachment 94152
I think the only thing we share there aside from some amiibo and games is the Halo 3 poster.

Oh and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen if LEGO counts then I've got lots of Star Wars stuff there.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I actually think these are the games

Super Smash Bros. for the NX (not Smash 5)
Tekken 7: Fatal Retribution
Pokken Tournament NX Edition
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
Soul Calibur 6

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Soul Calibur 6
Wait, you think those are our 4 launch titles? Is this a joke post? I legitimently cannot tell.

Like, there's not a single Mario or Zelda here. 2 of these are "NX editions", and only 1 hasn't actually been released to the public yet.

Unless I am completely miscontruing the context. In which case my b but I cannot/couldn't tell.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Here's the thing I kind of want to point out. If Smash was truly launching with the NX this year, there is really no way it would be the next Smash Bros game. They would have only a year to make the game which is something that kind of seems impossible. So this would most likely be a port of the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Versions unless the NX version was secretly developed alongside the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions.

Now that would be a long stretch to make, but its certainly possible. The Smash 6 rumor was initially posted in 2014 which would could be around the time that Nintendo was well underway on the NX project. This could be an indicator that at one point, Sakurai and the team could have been working on 3 Versions of Smash 4 sometime in development with the 3DS and Wii U Versions being nearly completed.

Now, I don't see it as likely. Although it is certainly possible that a 3rd Version of Smash 4 has been in development for the longest time.

We won't really know until E3, so we'll just have to wait and see.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Wait, you think those are our 4 launch titles? Is this a joke post? I legitimently cannot tell.

Like, there's not a single Mario or Zelda here. 2 of these are "NX editions", and only 1 hasn't actually been released to the public yet.

Unless I am completely miscontruing the context. In which case my b but I cannot/couldn't tell.

We're only talking about Bandai Namco here.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's the thing I kind of want to point out. If Smash was truly launching with the NX this year, there is really no way it would be the next Smash Bros game. They would have only a year to make the game which is something that kind of seems impossible. So this would most likely be a port of the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Versions unless the NX version was secretly developed alongside the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions.

Now that would be a long stretch to make, but its certainly possible. The Smash 6 rumor was initially posted in 2014 which would could be around the time that Nintendo was well underway on the NX project. This could be an indicator that at one point, Sakurai and the team could have been working on 3 Versions of Smash 4 sometime in development with the 3DS and Wii U Versions being nearly completed.

Now, I don't see it as likely. Although it is certainly possible that a 3rd Version of Smash 4 has been in development for the longest time.

We won't really know until E3, so we'll just have to wait and see.
That's a very possible theory, but also, though this is 0.01% likely, they decided to go for a DLC route like Killer Instinct? Oh God I don't even wanna think about that nevermind

I don't see why exactly an NX version of Smash 4 would be any different from other versions.

We're only talking about Bandai Namco here.
Well I didn't realize since that wasn't said, but my bad. But that's a good Namco lineup.

AreJay25

Soul Calibur 6
Soul Calibur on NX means that Link can come back. Or a Fire Emblem character, whichever floats your boat.

I'll be very surprised if it happens, though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait, Lucas amiibo is coming out tomorrow? Oh goody, haven't bought those things in a while.... ^^;

Also, a new Smash NX rumour? The ride never ends hm? Although I think Sakurai is probably working on something different entirely....
He is but some people may remember way back in the olden year of 2006 that Iwata told Sakurai that if he refused to do Brawl, they were probably just going to remake Melee for the Wii with better graphics and additional content. I imagine that it's similar case here. Sakurai can continue working on his current project while the current DLC team handles the port.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
That's a very possible theory, but also, though this is 0.01% likely, they decided to go for a DLC route like Killer Instinct? Oh God I don't even wanna think about that nevermind

I don't see why exactly an NX version of Smash 4 would be any different from other versions.

Well I didn't realize since that wasn't said, but my bad. But that's a good Namco lineup.
Well... the Smash 6 rumor had to be something I guess lol. The fact that they were certainly developing 3 versions at once is somewhat plausible, although is very slim. My guess if they did this, is that it would be different from the Wii U and 3DS Versions with different modes, stages, but the same characters.

It's just an interesting theory nonetheless.
A GAME THEORY!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

One difference.
Let's not forget that if this is fully done by Namco-Bandai, then it's basically its own game. Likewise, Smash Bros. for NX could easily have them. Especially since Sakurai didn't want the Wii U and 3DS version to have any exclusive characters. This is an entirely different version, a combination of both. Yeah, it might suck for previous console users, but Sakurai isn't even apparently among this current project, so it's not exactly his decision. Any cut characters coming back(especially IC's) are fairly likely, port or new game. There's no reason to keep them cut when the NX version is not tied to any rules that the 3DS and Wii U version has.

AreJay25

Wonder who the crossover characters would be.
Fire Emblem character (or Link again) on Nintendo, Arbiter Thel 'Vadam on Xbox and Kratos on PS would be my picks.
Kratos was actually a guest before, on a PSP game. IIRC he was broken as **** lol.

They'd probably pick someone else.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Let's not forget that if this is fully done by Namco-Bandai, then it's basically its own game. Likewise, Smash Bros. for NX could easily have them. Especially since Sakurai didn't want the Wii U and 3DS version to have any exclusive characters. This is an entirely different version, a combination of both. Yeah, it might suck for previous console users, but Sakurai isn't even apparently among this current project, so it's not exactly his decision. Any cut characters coming back(especially IC's) are fairly likely, port or new game. There's no reason to keep them cut when the NX version is not tied to any rules that the 3DS and Wii U version has.
Where are you getting "Sakurai is uninvolved"? And also, adding IC's, even though I love them, would only upset the majority of the fanbase because most wouldn't be able to paly as them for a while.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well... If Sakurai wanted to add new characters to an NX port, you know he could just release those Characters as DLC for Smash 3DS and Wii U similar to Hyrule Warriors Legends :p?

Last edited:
And potentially another, one that's been overdue:

If we're getting them we can get the other guy too right?
right?

please? :(
Where are you getting "Sakurai is uninvolved"? And also, adding IC's, even though I love them, would only upset the majority of the fanbase because most wouldn't be able to paly as them for a while.
90% of the fanbase would be happy they are playable in the new game. This isn't the same as the 3ds/wii u issue because it's a new gen

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If we're getting them we can get the other guy too right?
right?

please? :(

90% of the fanbase would be happy they are playable in the new game. This isn't the same as the 3ds/wii u issue because it's a new gen
I was really hoping this would be Karate Joe and I got dissapointment

How's it make it different because it's a new console/new gen? It's still Smash 4. And I don't believe anything's said about Nintendo being completely uninvolved.

And Sakurai is BOUND to have SOME sort of involvement, there's no way he's gonna stand for this.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Kratos was actually a guest before, on a PSP game. IIRC he was broken as **** lol.

They'd probably pick someone else.
Who else do Sony really have though?
Picked Kratos because he came to mind the quickest and he does fit in (PSP game helps with that lol)

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
He is but some people may remember way back in the olden year of 2006 that Iwata told Sakurai that if he refused to do Brawl, they were probably just going to remake Melee for the Wii with better graphics and additional content. I imagine that it's similar case here. Sakurai can continue working on his current project while the current DLC team handles the port.
I suppose that makes sense. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Perhaps the next Direct (or E3) might shed a bit more light even though I'm not sure on that.... ^^

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He probably won't be since he's working on something else right now. Considering the guy blew out his arm developing Smash 4, I don't think they'll badger him too much to help with a port since most of the work will already be done as it is.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I was really hoping this would be Karate Joe and I got dissapointment

How's it make it different because it's a new console/new gen? It's still Smash 4. And I don't believe anything's said about Nintendo being completely uninvolved.

And Sakurai is BOUND to have SOME sort of involvement, there's no way he's gonna stand for this.
"Stand for this?"
You say this like it's some crime against him.
Nintendo can do Smash projects without Sakurai.
Brawl was announced before he was approached to be on the team.
They could make a port of Smash 4 with some added bits just as much as Capcom has the Megaman legacy collection even though Inafune's not part of it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Because they're the only developers being cited as working on the game.

Sakurai also said he's done with Smash for a while after 4's DLC. The chances of him being involved are pretty small. If this was worked on beforehand(as in before 3DS/Wii was released), then Namco-Bandai was doing it themselves. If it was after, then they also would be doing in themselves since Sakurai is concentrating on DLC, then. Either way, it's unlikely he's involved bar being told they're working on it at most.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
"Stand for this?"
You say this like it's some crime against him.
Nintendo can do Smash projects without Sakurai.
Brawl was announced before he was approached to be on the team.
They could make a port of Smash 4 with some added bits just as much as Capcom has the Megaman legacy collection even though Inafune's not part of it.
Okay, but it's Smash 4, port or not, which is the game Sakurai directed. There is no way he will not have some sort of influence on the game series he created, whether he just be a consultant or not.

He probably won't be since he's working on something else right now. Considering the guy blew out his arm developing Smash 4, I don't think they'll badger him too much to help with a port since most of the work will already be done as it is.
I was thinking he'd just be a simple consultant for the games development and not too much beyond that but still with a bit of a role.

AreJay25

Who else do Sony really have though?
Picked Kratos because he came to mind the quickest and he does fit in (PSP game helps with that lol)
Hmm.

The protag from Bloodborne, maybe?

Of course, they could try Dante again, if they want...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom