• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Smash NX has four new characters.

Those characters are Ice Climbers, Wolf, Ridley and K. Rool.

Everyone is forced to upgrade to NX immediately.

I myself would mostly be happy so that we can finally move from those 4 speculative chapters of our Smash lives.
>new characters
>Ice Climbers
Wait, Lucas amiibo is coming out tomorrow? Oh goody, haven't bought those things in a while.... ^^;

Also, a new Smash NX rumour? The ride never ends hm? Although I think Sakurai is probably working on something different entirely....
Wasn't it already released though? I just saw a bunch of them on Game Stop

Burruni

Smash Hero

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In 2014 I spent LOTS of money buying SH figuarts, SH Monsterarts, and Super Robot Chogokin figures

Including the starter pokemon, all the sentei mechs, a lot of the Godzilla figures, and 5 kamen riders

But my funds started getting a lot smaller with more bills in 2015

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
smash bros. is a never ending whirlwind of emotions

we are stuck on this ride for eternity

Unless, of course, the rumor's incorrect.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's a rumor. They're not always right.

On the other hand, remember back when they hired for "Smash 6"? Well, there we go. They could have meant this. We don't know how long it's been worked on, if it's real, anyway.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
>new characters
>Ice Climbers

Wasn't it already released though? I just saw a bunch of them on Game Stop
I believe their coming out tomorrow in the UK. Which is where I live. Should have probably clarified that, my bad. ^^

Yeah I've hear about that. Guess we'll just have to wait and see in regards to what his next project is about.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hmm...How much money do you guys typically spend on nerdy stuff? This means amiibo, figurines, special editions, plushies, etc.
It would be you asking about how much money we spend wouldn't it?:p

I don't go out of my way to get that stuff. Mainly because the statues/figures have to go through customs and customs are the biggest assholes ever. I suppose clothing counts in which case I usually wear some from Godzilla to Star Wars.
I get special editions if they interest me.
Dark Souls 3 Collector's Edition is on the line for my B-Day and I'll try and get the Fates special edition whenever that get's announced for Europe.

D

Deleted member

You wanna know who is to blame for all this NX Smash shenaningans?

Ryu. I knew we shouldn't have left Mario hang around with that guy. I bet he was the guy who suggested the idea to Mario and Nintendo!

This is a joke btw.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Burruni Burruni : Yeah, when I wrote that response, I don't know why I didn't say Bayo was guaranteed. However, the only reason I could see her not being in is if Namco-Bandai wants to make the game feel even more kid-friendly. I think she'd be in via a port though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It would be you asking about how much money we spend wouldn't it?:p

I don't go out of my way to get that stuff. Mainly because the statues/figures have to go through customs and customs are the biggest ******** ever. I suppose clothing counts in which case I usually wear some from Godzilla to Star Wars.
I get special editions if they interest me.
Dark Souls 3 Collector's Edition is on the line for my B-Day and I'll try and get the Fates special edition whenever that get's announced for Europe.
That reminds me, still haven't gotten your Lucina figma?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was gonna run in and share the news, but it seems I'm the last one to know.

That said, if this is legit I'm gonna have a MASSIVE "I told you so" to wave over everyone's heads.

Because I freaking called it.

And you all thought I was mad. MAD!

But if this is true, who will really have been the mad ones?

Mwahahahahaha.

Hahahaha.

AhAHAHhahahHAHAhhahahaHaAHaAHaaaaaaahaaaAAAAAAAAA!

Ha.

. . .Smash 5 hype.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
While it is partially logical, I don't put too much stock into this rumor stuff.

Guess what? A new Dillon's Rolling Western is coming to the NX.
Source? This comment.

Where's my article?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You wanna know who is to blame for all this NX Smash shenaningans?

Ryu. I knew we shouldn't have left Mario hang around with that guy. I bet he was the guy who suggested the idea to Mario and Nintendo!

This is a joke btw.
Super Smash Bros. 4 Turbo HD Remix.

It's coming guys.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was gonna run in and share the news, but it seems I'm the last one to know.

That said, if this is legit I'm gonna have a MASSIVE "I told you so" to wave over everyone's heads.

Because I freaking called it.

And you all thought I was mad. MAD!

But if this is true, who will really have been the mad ones?

Mwahahahahaha.

Hahahaha.

AhAHAHhahahHAHAhhahahaHaAHaAHaaaaaaahaaaAAAAAAAAA!

Ha.

. . .Smash 5 hype.
If it's a port, it's not Smash 5. If it's not a port, well, then, yeah.

I hope for more details soon. But hey, if it's fake, no biggie. We still have two awesome games regardless~

Burruni

Smash Hero
I mean...

Isn't this rumor/leak kinda in a case of its own?

Before, when we look at things prior... you had three major tiers.

1) Random Schmuk on 4chan/reddit making claims (about 99% of all leaks)
2) Known leakers who make significant claims; sometimes with circlejerking of other "sources." (Gematsu, Inklings)
3) Directly-tied sources who play up things innocently due to like-timed events and/or just have misunderstandings (Ubisoft, YCG,Professor Layton)

I dunno how to really qualify this guy.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hmm...How much money do you guys typically spend on nerdy stuff? This means amiibo, figurines, special editions, plushies, etc.
If games themselves count as nerdy stuff, then that's about it. I don't get stuff like figures (with the exception of amiibo, and even then I only went for my Smash mains) because they can be quite exspensive and I don't have enough room for them.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
In the Netherlands, we can send angry letters, making them focus on your order, or cancel it if you desire too, then they'll put the money back

Good to know I won't be that bad with a KR nerdy trinket that's about 50 euros :p
This is the third order.
Customs sent the first one back because they suck. Got money back at least. This was from when it initially launched.
Second one didn't get delivered at all. Happened in September/October.
This one made it to customs but considering how long it's been they've probably denied it. Placed the order in November.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is the third order.
Customs sent the first one back because they suck. Got money back at least. This was from when it initially launched.
Second one didn't get delivered at all. Happened in September/October.
This one made it to customs but considering how long it's been they've probably denied it. Placed the order in November.
Holy ****, is it THAT bad in the UK?
I mean...

Isn't this rumor/leak kinda in a case of its own?

Before, when we look at things prior... you had three major tiers.

1) Random Schmuk on 4chan/reddit making claims (about 99% of all leaks)
2) Known leakers who make significant claims; sometimes with circlejerking of other "sources." (Gematsu, Inklings)
3) Inside sources who play up things innocently and/or just have misunderstandings (Ubisoft, Professor Layton)

I dunno how to really qualify this guy.
1)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1176794

Peter Molyneux retires from the game industry.

Except he didn't cuz his account got hacked lol
And nothing of value was lost...

Dammit

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only plushies I've ever purchased where of Kirby and Yoshi, which I both gave away to my cousins (They where birthday presents). amiibo is probably the only Nintendo merchandise I've purchased but I've more or less stopped with those too. The only amiibo I'd be left interested in getting is Lucas and Rosalina & Luma. Other than that I've got a Splatoon hat which I was just given for free when I first purchased Splatoon back when it launched.

That's more or less it I think....

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't think I saw a single member here you call you out once. I've seen plenty of people expecting the same thing though :p
Somewhere out there, I remember being called out. I'm a scatterbrain, but I have the trauma to prove it. :4darkpit:

Somewhere out there I have someone who may or may not be about to eat crow that I can childishly gloat at for not thinking an early Smash NX was possible.:4wario2:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Somewhere out there, I remember being called out. I'm a scatterbrain, but I have the trauma to prove it. :4darkpit:

Somewhere out there I have someone who may or may not be about to eat crow that I can childishly gloat at for not thinking an early Smash NX was possible.:4wario2:
I can see why people opposed it too. Mostly cause if it's too early, it feels too much like a "we wasted our money on inferior versions?!" problems. However, Namco-Bandai has made terrible port/variations of the same game before too, or basically remade the same game in general. So this is actually right up their alley of stuff to pull.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. 4 Turbo HD Remix.

It's coming guys.
Why stop there?

How about:

SUPER ULTRA ULTIMATE GREAT FRAY SMASH BROS FOR NX HD TURBO REMIX CHAMPIONSHIP PREPARE TO DIE EDITION THE LOST AGE GOTY VERSION BLACK & WHITE Z2 TRIGGER CROSS NO ONE CAN STOP MR SMASH DOMINO THE BINDING BLADE AIR RIDE 2 DIAMOND IS UNSLAMMABLE & KNUCKLES FEATURING SOMECALLMEJOHNNY, FILTHY FRANK, MR ENTER AND JOSEPH JOESTAR

Burruni

Smash Hero
Why stop there?

How about:

SUPER ULTRA ULTIMATE GREAT FRAY SMASH BROS FOR NX HD TURBO REMIX CHAMPIONSHIP PREPARE TO DIE EDITION THE LOST AGE GOTY VERSION BLACK & WHITE Z2 TRIGGER CROSS NO ONE CAN STOP MR SMASH DOMINO THE BINDING BLADE AIR RIDE 2 DIAMOND IS UNSLAMMABLE & KNUCKLES FEATURING SOMECALLMEJOHNNY, FILTHY FRANK, MR ENTER AND JOSEPH JOESTAR
This is being handled by Bamco.
Not capcom.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So I was looking over the tweet that Dr. Serkan Toto made. Turns out, there's a detail on it that everyone potentially missed.
Untitled2.png

It seems oddly familiar...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Other examples of nerd spending I can think of in the last year:

-Cat Rosalina Furuta figure for €17. The actual thing is probably originally only like, €1 or €2.
-Every Smash amiibo that came out and some extras. Easily a few hundred euro right there.
-Rodea: The Sky Soldier Limited Edition for like, €70-€80.

That's all I can really think of last year.

Other examples include the Sonic Generations Collector's Edition (€100 or so), the Freedom Planet Collector's Edition I just got (only around €30 but shipping cost €20 or so), among other things.

Here is my room stash right now because why not.

14540169498181979218313.jpg
1454016990873-1251335459.jpg

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
As for my next prediction, I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's actually Smash 5 and not a port.

This one has a much higher chance of backfiring as it's more strictly wish fulfillment and not backed up as much by basic sales tactics and little vague breadcrumb hints, but while I wait to see if this is true I may as well throw my next big guess out there.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So I was looking over the tweet that Dr. Serkan Toto made. Turns out, there's a detail on it that everyone potentially missed.
View attachment 94150
It seems oddly familiar...
As someone who defended against the ESRB leak due to some graphical issues that were believed to be seen...
Such as Ness's model not having the same pattern in the shirt's layout that has been in EVERY 3D model for him except for Smash 4...
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom