• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Watching Episode 2 of Life is Strange:

Who the hell hangs out on rail tracks for relaxation, Chloe is stupid.

Feels like forced game design. Just a minor complaint.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Also, to anyone who was even remotely interested in the game, keep an eye on Gamejolt. The original version of the game is going to be uploaded there for free.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still don't understand why Scott is so damn impatient on releasing his games ASAP.

Yes, he's been "lucky" in the past but that shouldn't be an excuse for rushing (NOBODY should be rushing for ANY reason for that matter either).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still don't understand why Scott is so damn impatient on releasing his games ASAP.

Yes, he's been "lucky" in the past but that shouldn't be an excuse to rushing (NOBODY should be rushing for ANY reason for that matter either).
I think he's just excited about what he's finished.

A lot of "amateur" content creator's get that way, (LOL including me)

They complete a certain part, think it looks good and get excited so they release it

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Yes, he's been "lucky" in the past but that shouldn't be an excuse for rushing (NOBODY should be rushing for ANY reason for that matter either).
He ****ed up HARD on this one, and people called him out on it. Despite me not being much of a fan of his stuff, I at least respect what he's done. He took it off Steam with promises of a huge overhaul, is offering full refunds, and going forward, the game will be free.

Watching Episode 2 of Life is Strange:

Who the hell hangs out on rail tracks for relaxation, Chloe is stupid.

Feels like forced game design.
Plenty of people. You've never seen a movie of people
walking down railroad tracks talking?
Because i've seen it dozens of times

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
(NOBODY should be rushing for ANY reason for that matter either).
:4sonic:
Tries making way too many Anniversary games at once, and released a good portion of them Rushed just because "HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY"
:drshrug:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It kind of kills me that Krystal didn't even get a Mii costume but with Wolf getting the boot and the last new, original Star Fox game coming out 10 years ago, it was to be expected. Sucks that she's been (at least temporarily) retconned out of the series so I'm not holding my breath for the next Smash unless something dramatically changes between then and now.

D

Deleted member

Soooo, remember when I was talking about some drama and stuff going on another site I'm on a few days ago? Well, as a result senpia noticed us.
image.jpeg
Not in the best way though. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm gonna say something about third party reps and it might seem controversial, mean spirited or even bias but it's sort of the truth

Don't expect a Western Third Party character in Smash. I say this as a fact that when you look at all the third party characters look at the companies that they are from.
Konami: :snake:
Namco-Bandai::4pacman:
Capcom: :4megaman::4ryu:
Sega: :4sonic::4bayonetta:
Square-Enix: :4cloud:

Notice they are all from massive Third Party Japan video game companies. Now there could be a few exceptions but as for now the majority of those reps will come from those companies.

Hell Tecmo Koei has a much better chance at having a Smash rep than most third party characters especially with the large Nintendo relationship

That's all.

Burruni

Smash Hero
As was :jigglypuff64: (Pokemon is a thing, Kirby is basically 1:1)
And :ganondorfmelee: (Real popular in Smash 2 ballot, Falcon has the same frame)
As well as :wolf: (I forget exactly why, but I know he was one of the last)
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina: also have this trait (And :4alph: might've joined them given more time)
I'm honestly surprised people don't get it by now :drshrug:
Actually.
:falcon64:'s just a rehash of beta stuff in the first place.
:luigi64:.
:drmario:.
and also:lucas:was mid-late in development; surprisingly enough. Presumably this is why his story works with one of the most intruique characters to program (:pt:)

Just some other examples.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm gonna say something about third party reps and it might seem controversial, mean spirited or even bias but it's sort of the truth

Don't expect a Western Third Party character in Smash. I say this as a fact that when you look at all the third party characters look at the companies that they are from.

Notice they are all from massive Third Party Japan video game companies. Now there could be a few exceptions but as for now the majority of those reps will come from those companies.

Hell Tecmo Koei has a much better chance at having a Smash rep than most third party characters especially with the large Nintendo relationship

That's all.
But these are longtime icons (well, except Bayo) though. In all seriousness, outside of RARE and Blizzard, western developers weren't really making that big of dent in the gaming market worldwide until the XBox/PS2/GC era.

To further stress this, Pac-man's older than Mario and DK, Megaman/Ryu/Snake are about as old as Link/Samus, Sonic's about the same age as Yoshi, and Cloud's almost the same age as Pikachu.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
But these are longtime icons (well, except Bayo) though. In all seriousness, outside of RARE and Blizzard, western developers weren't really making that big of dent in the gaming market worldwide until the XBox/PS2/GC era.
I'm not talking characters but moreso the companies and you're right. There aren't a lot of companies that held that foothold in gaming until Post-PS1 era.

Bayo has a slight but small advantage of just being attached to a company like Sega and Platinum who are easy to work with and is just a big name third party company

D

Deleted member

Why are there still so many users with christmas avatars? It's the end of january, and it's blazing hot. :p

Why are there still so many users with christmas avatars? It's the end of january, and it's blazing hot. :p
I dont know about you but I am currently under about 2 feet of snow and it is freezing :p

EDIT dammit just realized I have a character based on ice as an avi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dont know about you but I am currently under about 2 feet of snow and it is freezing :p
Errrm... Whoops, dumb moment from me, I especially should've remembered because my girlfriend is also getting a ton of snow. :p

This is what happens when you love by the beaches of california your whole life... Which ironic, I hate the beach. I hate sand.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I am also under 2 feet of snow.

You know, I did want snow for Christmas, guess that wish came a little late...

D

Deleted member

That's all.
Ryu was Capcom USA.
:troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

That's all.
I get what you're saying, but at this point, so many "rules" have been broken, and these third parties are examples of that.

I'm still gonna hold out for Rayman and Shovel Knight (and Professor Layton but he's Japanese made). On the basis that I think they'd be cool to see.

Also, :4diddy: is British made.

Nintendo owns him now, but...it's something I guess.

EDIT: And I'll hold out for Sora too. Really want to see him too.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I hate to say it, unless Konami gets their **** together, I don't think it's logical to expect any characters from them in future installments of Smash.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I get what you're saying, but at this point, so many "rules" have been broken, and these third parties are examples of that.

I'm still gonna hold out for Rayman and Shovel Knight (and Professor Layton but he's Japanese made). On the basis that I think they'd be cool to see.

Also, :4diddy: is British made.

Nintendo owns him now, but...it's something I guess.

EDIT: And I'll hold out for Sora too. Really want to see him too.
I feel like there isn't any rules but moreso expectations and experiences.

It's not about being western made like Diddy but from a Western company.

Rayman is probably the only exception for sure but it's all up in the air and my third party choices are just gonna be characters I think have a better shot IMO.

Hell Im gonna ride that Sonic, Street Fighter and Final Fantasy will be the first third party franchises to get multiple reps

Ryu was Capcom USA.
:troll:
Capcom all the same

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
All you snowy users. It's currrently 33C (94F) where I am.

With 90% humidity.

I'm a sweaty, disgusting mess.

I wish it snowed here.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's only snowed once here.

And it usually only snows here once a year

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I feel like there isn't any rules but moreso expectations and experiences.

It's not about being western made like Diddy but from a Western company.

Rayman is probably the only exception for sure but it's all up in the air and my third party choices are just gonna be characters I think have a better shot IMO.

Hell Im gonna ride that Sonic, Street Fighter and Final Fantasy will be the first third party franchises to get multiple reps

Capcom all the same
In this case I will still say that expectations or experiences can still be broken.

:4corrin::4cloud::4bayonetta:

I don't want to sound like I'm clinging on desperately to these characters (I'm only recently a Shovel Knight fan, as in...two or three weeks recently), but it's just a case of me becoming so apathetic towards the idea of Smash speculation these days. Especially since there isn't even a new game to speculate for yet.

I don't want to pretend like it's possible to be accurate or calculated about it anymore considering how many times Smash 4 blew community expectations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tbh, I never understood where the Banjo hype comes from.
Like, he had two N64 games and that's it
And it's not like he's still relevant or popular to the general public
He's in the same boat as R. Cool

Anyways, FE7 question: besides Guy and arguably Lyn, are there any other Myrmidions in this game?
All you snowy users. It's currrently 33C (94F) where I am.

With 90% humidity.

I'm a sweaty, disgusting mess.

I wish it snowed here.
You don't know what I'd do to make it snow here
Especially now, I wonder how a summer snow would work

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Every time I see :4corrinf: and :4bayonetta: icons I cry a bit. Because they're so close, yet so unknowingly far.

And yeah yeah, I know, "We waited for so-and-so we can wait another few weeks" But bleeeeugh.

Last edited:
Nostalgia. People who played the game loved it

Plus this generation of internet people were around for a lot of popular youtubers talked about banjo

EX jontron

TLDR lots and lots of nostalgia and some people living off other's nostalgia

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
In this case I will still say that expectations or experiences can still be broken.

:4corrin::4cloud::4bayonetta:

I don't want to sound like I'm clinging on desperately to these characters (I'm only recently a Shovel Knight fan, as in...two or three weeks recently), but it's just a case of me becoming so apathetic towards the idea of Smash speculation these days. Especially since there isn't even a new game to speculate for yet.

I don't want to pretend like it's possible to be accurate or calculated about it anymore considering how many times Smash 4 blew community expectations.
Yeah but remember we won't see the same type of speculation we got for Smash 4 spearhead into Smash 5 like we did with the transition from Brawl.

Things ain't gonna stay the same like it is now. A lot of variables can happen

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Anyways, FE7 question: besides Guy and arguably Lyn, are there any other Myrmidions in this game?

I am a casual Banjo-Kazooie supporter and I think the the duo would make sense.

There is a lot to pull from in terms of their personalities and moves, and no matter what people say, the N64 nostalgia is strong. Smash has added plenty of characters based on nothing but pure nostalgia.

Yeah but remember we won't see the same type of speculation we got for Smash 4 spearhead into Smash 5 like we did with the transition from Brawl.

Things ain't gonna stay the same like it is now. A lot of variables can happen
This is, a lot changed over the course of Smash 4, especially going into DLC territory, yet people still clung to dated expectations.

I just don't think it's worth bothering. Most I'll do for Smash speculation is draw up movesets for characters I like.

I have been thinking about a Henry Fleming one as of late.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

That's all.
Well yeah, we seem to have a hard enough time getting Western created Nintendo characters in Smash, let alone Western third parties.....

Like, the only Western created Nintendo character we have to this day is Diddy Kong......:diddy:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Every time I see :4corrinf: and :4bayonetta: icons I cry a bit. Because they're so close, yet so unknowingly far.

And yeah yeah, I know, "We waited for so-and-so we can wait another few weeks" But bleeeeugh.
Feb 14-15 is when they're coming. I'm almost confident enough to put money on that. EVERY character DLC we've gotten was either on the 14th or 15th of the month.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Quick question, who the hell is R.Cool?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Feb 14-15 is when they're coming. I'm almost confident enough to put money on that. EVERY character DLC we've gotten was either on the 14th or 15th of the month.
...That's a good point. Well, sans Mewtwo anyway.

...Well actually, Club Nintendo members got him around that time so that's ivalid.

Still too far.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Honestly with character support just go along for the ride, have fun and don't take things too seriously.
It's just characters in a video game. Save the major concern for things that actually matter.
SSB4 has been a good learning experience for that.

I despise the cold. Would trade in a heartbeat.
And yet your avi is Ice Queen II.:p

Honestly with character support just go along for the ride, have fun and don't take things too seriously.
It's just characters in a video game. Save the major concern for things that actually matter.
SSB4 has been a good learning experience for that.

And yet your avi is Ice Queen II.:p
Yeah well uhhhh im in character. I prefer . . warmer hearts

*trash shipping intensifies*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom