• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I spent more than 30 turns and about 2 hours in Chapter 16x
Most of it was arena grinding
And Eliwood still has only 8 strenght

Burruni

Smash Hero
IT MEANS IM ANGRY AND A TYPO MASTER AND WANT TOAD IN SMASH BROS

VADVSBSDGBSDGSGSGSGSGDS

*ahem* but seriously Toad/Captain Toad for smash. Hoping the mii costume is at least some form of proof Sakurai cares for the little guy
Give me Waluigi and we can start talking about Captain Toad.
People gotta keep their priorities straight.
Also having fewer people trying to shove the Bandana Dee comparisons about Cpt. Toad.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Give me Waluigi and we can start talking about Captain Toad.
People gotta keep their priorities straight.
Also having fewer people trying to shove the Bandana Dee comparisons about Cpt. Toad.
Are you joking?
I mean don't get me wrong, I love Waluigi and would love to see him in smash, but Cpt/Toad has to come first.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Again.

Bayonetta is obviously "high-standard" as far as third parties go if she wins an entire popularity contest.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a point in FNAF World where you have to glitch the game and you run into things like this

It's kind of funny. The battle screen turns inverted and even the music plays backwards. Out of battle the boundaries have been removed so you can walk through trees.

...He's also got a move called "4th wall"...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I voted for Captain Toad on the ballot.

He's cute and I liked his character as early as Galaxy, plus I love his game. I think he could do some really cool things for a moveset too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'm down.
EDIT: Crap, sorry about the double post.
That's TodD iirc
Yes, under those very specific guidelines, Dark Pit probably is objectively more important. But in general, to Nintendo, Toad is objectively dramatically more important.
See what I did there? Objectively more important came out of your mouth, not mine.

Banjo and Kazooie was an N64 icon, a real all star. That makes them important.
Impa is a highly recurring Zelda character, of which there aren't many outside of "The Triforce".
Excite is a longstanding 5 game series.
Dark Matter casts his shadow across the whole series, he is the Kirby series' real main villain. Besides, Dark Nebula and Magolor Soul are obviously related to Dark Matter in some way.
Daitoryo is on the box of Nintendo's most popular Hanafuda deck. He would represent Nintendo's ~100 year pre video game history.
Big difference between Inkling and Bayonetta is that Splatoon is a nintendo series. Guest character should be held to a much higher standard. Splatoon was a big hit, and is very well known. Inklings are important.

Isaac is the most important Golden Sun character, which is why I chose him to represent the series instead of Matthew or Felix.

I added Tingle before Impa. Because Tingle is more important.
I'm not saying that Importance is totally objective, it isn't, it is just much less subjective than any other criterion.
Banjo had 2 good games, 2 forgotten games and a hated game. Both of Bayonetta's games are critically acclaimed, and Bayonetta is a Wii U star. Bayonetta confirmed better than Banjo by your standards
Impa has like 4 games under her belt with different roles and designs
Dark Matter appeared in like 3 games outside of cameos, those are speculation
Something almost nobody would know, nor does the guy have moveset potential
Bayonetta signifies Nintendo being mature and chummy with third parties
Isaac originally tried to prevent Felix saving the world and how is he more important? Because he was the main protagonist in the first game?

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I really can't think of any newcomers for the next smash game I want to support, I just want my mains to come back. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's TodD iirc

Banjo had 2 good games, 2 forgotten games and a hated game. Both of Bayonetta's games are critically acclaimed, and Bayonetta is a Wii U star. Bayonetta confirmed better than Banjo by your standards
Isaac originally tried to prevent Felix saving the world and how is he more important? Because he was the main protagonist in the first game?
Impa has been in more than 4 games

The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Skyward Sword
A Link Between Worlds

Edit: And Hyrule Warriors

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Are you joking?
I mean don't get me wrong, I love Waluigi and would love to see him in smash, but Cpt/Toad has to come first.
No.
And I'd say "this character with relative higher demand but is relegated to spin-offs" can certainly come before "new identity of filler character that's gotten a budget title for himself," is a one idea that can certainly be taken as more than a joke.
Especially when people have seriously suggested cutting veterans to make them costumes for newcomers.

Edit:
Impa has been in more than 4 games

The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Skyward Sword
A Link Between Worlds

Edit: And Hyrule Warriors
7 games.
2 in which she's ust in the instruction manual.
2 in which she's a sage due to namesake.
2 in which she's there for the intro to trigger the initial kidnapping.
and 1 in which she actually has a significant role across the game.

(There's also Impaz in Twilight Princess who does little more than be a crazy cat lady in a ghost town)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dark Matter doesn't "cast a shadow on the rest of the series".
See, more subjectivity on your part.

Dark Matter has only been truly relevant in the "Dark Matter Trilogy" of games; in which it was really Zero that was the true force behind it seeing as all Dark Matter came from him.
Only since have we had Dark Nebula (which is confirmed to be a form of Dark Matter) come out of nowhere to serve as the final boss for Squeak Squad.
Magolor Soul? No known relation. And to assume there is one at this point in time is just that; an assumption.

The Kirby series has had dozens of villains. Most of which that have had no relation to any of the others outside of certain nods with attack patterns.
To say Dark Matter "casts a shadow over them" is a false statement.
It'd be more accurate to say that all villains post-Adventure are in Nightmare's shadow, the OG true villainous Eldritch Abomination entity (Dedede was just a selfish glutton) that most of the villains (if not all of them) take some form of inspiration from.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Impa also had a gender swap in Twilight Princess but IDK if that counts

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hard to believe Mighty No. 9's Kickstarter launched at the same time as Shantae: Half-Genie Hero and MN9 was more successful in backers/contributions.

Even though Shantae isn't out yet either, at least it don't get extremely mixed impressions on its backer demo and a never ending list of questionable/controversial business decisions.

And I've yet to regret my $200 contribution to Half-Genie Hero.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Dark Matter has only been truly relevant in the "Dark Matter Trilogy" of games; in which it was really Zero that was the true force behind it seeing as all Dark Matter came from him.
Only since have we had Dark Nebula (which is confirmed to be a form of Dark Matter) come out of nowhere to serve as the final boss for Squeak Squad.
Magolor Soul? No known relation. And to assume there is one at this point in time is just that; an assumption.

The Kirby series has had dozens of villains. Most of which that have had no relation to any of the others outside of certain nods with attack patterns.
It'd be more accurate to say that all villains post-Adventure are in Nightmare's shadow, the OG true villainous Eldritch Abomination entity (Dedede was just a selfish glutton) that most of the villains (if not all of them) take some form of inspiration from.
As a Kirby fan, Dedede STILL feels more like the main antagonist despite no longer being one in comparison to Dark Matter. Even then, there are more memorable Kirby villains, like Galacta Knight

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Although the dark matter series of Kirby are my favorite games in it

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
That's TodD iirc

Bayonetta is a fairly obscure game. She isn't a tenth as well known as Banjo and Kazooie.
Even if that were true, it is better than most Zelda characters can say.
That is a fair criticism of Dark MAtter.
"Villager has no moveset potential, we can't get an Animal crossing character." Don't use this argument, it makes you look dumb, and I don't think you're a dumb person. I've come up with a moveset for Daitoryo. Also, you're nobody would know argument could also be applied to G&W and ROB.

Isaac appeared in all 3 games and was playable in 2. That is why he's the most important.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not fan of Impa BTW. I'm not too into the idea of her getting into smash

Especially since she's an entirely different character in her appearances.

Drastically being different.

Old/ Young. Thin/ Fat. A male once

D

Deleted member

As a Kirby fan, Dedede STILL feels more like the main antagonist despite no longer being one in comparison to Dark Matter. Even then, there are more memorable Kirby villains, like Galacta Knight
This feels the same to me.

Dedede is not evil, but he is certainly Kirby's main adversary.
Even if they work together or engage in friendly competitions more frequently than engage in combat, he is the Bowser to Kirby's Mario.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Bayonetta is a fairly obscure game. She isn't a tenth as well known as Banjo and Kazooie.
Even if that were true, it is better than most Zelda characters can say.
That is a fair criticism of Dark MAtter.
"Villager has no moveset potential, we can't get an Animal crossing character." Don't use this argument, it makes you look dumb, and I don't think you're a dumb person. I've come up with a moveset for Daitoryo. Also, you're nobody would know argument could also be applied to G&W and ROB.

Isaac appeared in all 3 games and was playable in 2. That is why he's the most important.
Lies. Look at Bayonetta in about a decade, then you can make a fair comparison, not to mention almost EVERY 'top ten final bosses' videos these days have Jubileus. Were's Grunty? No where
Tingle and Ganon
Villager pulled weeds, shot a slingshot, cut trees, etc.. Hanafuna guy just does a single pose on a card. G&W was fairly popular back in the day, and ROB helped push the NES

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Again.

Bayonetta is obviously "high-standard" as far as third parties go if she wins an entire popularity contest.
Especially considering Smashboards is a small fraction of everyone
And even then
Literally everyone is fighting over eachother
DK Rep #1 and DK Rep #2 are fighting
Indie Genie and Indie Knight are fighting
Shoo-In Orphan and Shoo-In Mammal were fighting
Literally every 3rd Party Character is fighting
Inkling's just in the crossfire like "WAAT?"

Meanwhile the 1 Third Party that nobody complained about because everyone agreed that it wouldn't happen because "Muh Lewd"
Wins the entire Ballot, being 1st in EU and in the Top 5 in NA

This is what happens when you leave things alone, people
Like Luigi's Mansion and Wind Waker
Leave it alone, give it some time, and by the end of it all suddenly it's "The Thing". :4pacman:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a few things I want to counter on both sides of this argument but I'm not gonna bother.

This thread is turning into the sort of situation that got me wrongly banned from the Rosalina Social recently. Just a lot of ****-flinging.

Krystal is finally Smashified!
Is it just me or does her proportions look off?

Other than that, fantastic work by the Smashified team. That fur detail is amazing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Banjo's "importance" is really overstated, to be frank.

Especially considering they're Microsoft stars now.
We all know who is the bigger of the Microsoft stars and of gaming as a whole is....

He may have no place in Smash due to his Microsoft status and lack of Nintendo appearances (though one was proposed and shot down; Halo DS), but if it weren't for that, he'd probably be one of the top picks for guests....

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Thats not a logical reason and you know it :p

I may prefer Slippy and be very apathetic towards Krystal but that armor design is pretty as hell
Oh, I know.
But it was too ripe to not say.
The fact that Bayo 2 nearly hit a million copies and won the awards it did when on a "doomed console" certainly marks that she's not a "nobody."
The series as a whole has gone to around 3 million. Banjo-Kazooie to 5 million.
And god knows what I could BS out of extrapolation of sales to relative popularity.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Banjo's "importance" is really overstated, to be frank.

Especially considering they're Microsoft stars now.
We all know who is the bigger of the Microsoft stars and of gaming as a whole is....

He may have no place in Smash due to his Microsoft status and lack of Nintendo appearances, but if it weren't for that, he'd probably be one of the top picks for guests....
Corrected for truth

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, this wasn't unexpected, but Scott took FNaF World off of Steam after he realized how rushed the game was.

He's offering full refunds, and when he eventually DOES put it back onto Steam with all the updates that should have been in the game from the get go, he's making the game FREE.

@Psycholncarnate

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*thumps head on floor repeatedly*

Dark Pit was a pallet swap they threw in at the last second to beef up a skimpy roster.

You can't appropriately compare him to other candidates because for all intents and purposes AS FAR AS SMASH IS CONCERNED HE IS ONLY A CHARACTER IN NAME. He has NO unique moves and almost no unique function to his moves.

Inkling was WAY too recent and untested to be added into base Smash 4 and didn't have enough outsider appeal to rush out as DLC. Smash 5 is almost an inevitability for the squid, but the putto had no part in making calamari of her.

Banjo was heavily requested and thus considered in Melee and shot down because of legal issues.

Adding a pre-gaming character rather defeats the purpose of a celebration of gaming, especially since it just seems like it's there to fill a "What The *bleep*" niche. R.O.B. is at least a peripheral and thus has SOME connection to gaming.

Dark Matter is a reoccurring boss, but the VAST majority of the forms encountered go far beyond stretching the limits of Smash body shapes, which considering it's freaking Smash should say a lot. You may as well upgrade Mother Brain from Assist status as-is for all that thing fits. The humanoid body shape being less important and less well known is probably also why Vaati never seems to be considered.

Motorcycle riding characters were also considered in Melee and shot down. That opinion may have changed since, considering Villager and all, but there's still a lot of complications to adding it and you have to wonder if Nintendo will see it as worth the risk compared to an easier to program character.

If Isaac isn't seen as important anymore then Andy sure as hell isn't. The GBA era in general seems to be something Nintendo wants to sweep under the rug.

Impa is less a good choice and more, "Zelda fans are entitled, all possible newcomers suck, but we have to pick someone or they'll never shut up so HEY LOOK A SEMI RECURRING CHARACTER."

Sorry, I'm really feeling irritated for some reason.

D

Deleted member

Thats not a logical reason and you know it :p

I may prefer Slippy and be very apathetic towards Krystal but that armor design is pretty as hell
Agreed.
I detest Krystal, but they made her look decent.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, this wasn't unexpected, but Scott took FNaF World off of Steam after he realized how rushed the game was.

He's offering full refunds, and when he eventually DOES put it back onto Steam with all the updates that should have been in the game from the get go, he's making the game FREE.

@Psycholncarnate
Well, that's interesting

At least ATM, I think I'll keep it though

I'm still having fun for what it is. If nothing else I enjoy it because of how cute the animatronics look.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

@Psycholncarnate
This is what I like about Scott. He admits if he did something wrong and takes criticism well. Hell, fnaf only exists because Scott took criticism from Jim Sterling

Shroob

Sup?
Well, that's interesting

At least ATM, I think I'll keep it though

I'm still having fun for what it is. If nothing else I enjoy it because of how cute the animatronics look.
From his post, he's going to impliment the 3d overworld from the trailer, and just all the other things that should be in an RPG from the start.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From his post, he's going to impliment the 3d overworld from the trailer, and just all the other things that should be in an RPG from the start.
I'll look forward to that.

I also hope he's gonna make it so the first person in your party is the one displayed in the overworld

But it's probably still going to be Freddy.

I still think he should ask for suggestions

Also ATB bar

Maybe customization to party members. So I can use Withered Bonnie late game

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*thumps head on floor repeatedly*

Dark Pit was a pallet swap they threw in at the last second to beef up a skimpy roster.
As was :jigglypuff64: (Pokemon is a thing, Kirby is basically 1:1)
And :ganondorfmelee: (Real popular in Smash 2 ballot, Falcon has the same frame)
As well as :wolf: (I forget exactly why, but I know he was one of the last)
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina: also have this trait (And :4alph: might've joined them given more time)
I'm honestly surprised people don't get it by now :drshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom