• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It really says something about the two of us that I didnt notice this and you immediately noticed something about her chest :troll:
To be fair, they protrude like a foot away from her body and are the closest thing to the camera in that shot. It's practically the Dolly Parton/Elivra effect, they're so big and displayed that you can't ignore them, which is pretty much what they intended anyways, kind of like with Ivy and Morrigan.

Choosing characters based on popularity is poor reasoning. If it were good reasoning, It logically follows that Goku, Shadow, and Shrek would be good inclusions.
The fact that someone as unimportant as Bayonetta was chosen based on popularity just proves my point.
The only good rationale for choosing characters is importance.
Things aren't so black and white.

Importance is A factor. Popularity is A factor. Just like uniqueness is A factor. Only take one or the other and you get weaker rosters.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Francis x Alphys would be an interesting pair.

Oh god, what am I saying? :urg:
You know that Alphys theme remind so much of Francis?
Seriously, i think that SPM have inspired a little Undertale on some point. Not so much, but still.
Also, Daisy talk?
sAdR16m.gif

Thanks but no thanks for me, it's those topic that i prefer not talking.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Seriously, i think that SPM have inspired a little Undertale on some point. Not so much, but still.
Also, Daisy talk?
View attachment 93783
And here I thought someone with a flower for an avatar would engage in Daisy discussion. :p

Flowey>Daisy

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And here I thought someone with a flower for an avatar would engage in Daisy discussion. :p

Flowey>Daisy
I approve this post with so much Detemmination that i could made a store out of it.
Really, Daisy<Waluigi.
flowey_wink_by_disharmonythealicorn-d9ilttc.gif

Also, Daisy talk?
View attachment 93783
I concur. The two nerd lizards have quite the similar existences. Alphys being a Francis reference would not surprise me in the slightest

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Also, Daisy talk?
View attachment 93783
The irony here is Flowey doesn't want to talk about Daisy. Har.

EDIT: Beat to the punch. SAAAANS!
I kinda got bored of it after a while.

It's so hard to get my levels noticed. The only one people care about is the Marble Zone Act 1 remake I did.

I'll wait until the final update is out before I get back into it.

----------

So to move to a more interesting discussion topic, check this out.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=JUU%2fqjo1sunXFsItj5N1vw%3d%3d&ncdctx=SrBmKbxX0M+8JYUmx2rLKuLB2C+PWzkmzTOhFnAAM5FqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU

The Australian rating board for games has rated Star Fox: Zero, and mentions "online interactivity".

While it could just be Miiverse stuff, it's worth noting that the page for Super Mario 3D World doesn't mention anything about online interactivity in it's rating even though it has Miiverse integration (using it as an example, it just jumped to mind).

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=K3UmsRWIEKglpjg6KhEYxg%3d%3d&ncdctx=ETPTLTOsIJiuSvZCwfYKDfrJzL6sO9nq5qcWQdHWy4YxTHTVkAQK5GCPPaHrTQKmyufPOvfJBC2GEmxjTIXB0A%3d%3d

However, the Wind Waker HD one mentions it soooo....eh?

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=ff3trioTYGl9ts6zaK16cg%3d%3d&ncdctx=p9Yyq3r76ook5ChysK81awHpfrj3fAE+DMG7mImhk0MutPThMsvZk02AT4SikKie

It'd certainly be nice if they brought back a Star Fox 64 ish (Or better yet, Assault ish) multiplayer with online. If I recall, Command had online battles, so it'd be nice to have at least. If Bayonetta 2 can get away with having online multiplayer, Platinum can do it with Star Fox.

I feel like it'd be something they would have announced already, but then again we barely know anything about the game past E3 even with the Direct, so it's possible.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Triforce Heroes.
Hinox Mines.
Defeat the worst boss in the game (so far) on our last life
>You have been disconnected.

I...
I need to go punch something.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Triforce Heroes.
Hinox Mines.
Defeat the worst boss in the game (so far) on our last life
>You have been disconnected.

I...
I need to go punch something.
Sounds like your sig is really fitting right now. :V

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, about the Mighty No 9 delay

Shantae's kickstarter started at the same time and that game isn't released either

They just were smart enough to not give a release date

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I concur. The two nerd lizards have quite the similar existences. Alphys being a Francis reference would not surprise me in the slightest
Yeah, also, something like the SOUL remind me so much of the Pure Heart. I don't know, it's maybe just me but i think that Toby Fox played SPM and like it.
Also.
my_favorite_flower_by_mariogamesandenemies-d9cxof6.jpg

The universe is not ready for this to happen.
The irony here is Flowey doesn't want to talk about Daisy. Har.

EDIT: Beat to the punch. SAAAANS!

It'd certainly be nice if they brought back a Star Fox 64 ish (Or better yet, Assault ish) multiplayer with online. If I recall, Command had online battles, so it'd be nice to have at least. If Bayonetta 2 can get away with having online multiplayer, Platinum can do it with Star Fox.

I feel like it'd be something they would have announced already, but then again we barely know anything about the game past E3 even with the Direct, so it's possible.
You could say that Daisy just get dunked on.
Because it's just what is happening right now.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

Importance is A factor. Popularity is A factor. Just like uniqueness is A factor. Only take one or the other and you get weaker rosters.
Importance is the only factor that 1. doesn't imply that obviously absurd decisions are a good idea, and
2. can be rigorously adhered to and is minimally subjective.

Besides, my rosters, which are based solely on importance, still include many popular and unique characters. But rosters that aren't based on importance (Like the one we got) exclude them.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Slightly off topic but what do you guys think Sakurai's secret project that he recently mentioned is? Kind of ready to know what Retro's tinkering with too. Wouldn't be surprised if both were saved as NX launch titles to avoid the mistakes the Wii U made.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Regarding the MN9 delay I feel a little bad for them.

I understand the point about the engine they are working on no longer being supported. MN9 is built using UDK, which has been completely dropped in more recent times, in favour of UE4.

I use both myself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Capcom outright comes out and says that most of the most wanted characters are going to be DLC and part of season passes?

To be fair DLC is handled pretty well with SFV. You use in game currency to buy them which you CAN get with microtransactions, but also buy fighting and trying out multiple characters

I tried Advance Wars Dark Conflict. Not AS good as FE, but damn, that is an epic ost

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Slightly off topic but what do you guys think Sakurai's secret project that he recently mentioned is? Kind of ready to know what Retro's tinkering with too. Wouldn't be surprised if both were saved as NX launch titles to avoid the mistakes the Wii U made.
Duck Hunt Uprising, in preparation to give the series 3 characters in smash 5. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, Daisy talk?
View attachment 93783
Even Flowey ships that pairing? That dirty little clod. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Importance is A factor. Popularity is A factor. Just like uniwueness is A factor. Only take one or the other and you get weaker rosters.
Precisely.
Choosing characters solely for "importance" (which in itself is as ****ing subjective as you can get) makes for a piss-poor roster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
>Finds a Pixar theory video
>"Is Riley adopted?"(Inside Out)
>Says she is because she's blonde unlike her brown-haired parents
>Another one
>"Why does Riley have male and female emotions?"
>Still not going to bother watching it
>According to comment section, he says he thinks it's because she's bissexual
Well, at least I found a theories' channel for people to hate on instead of Game Theory
Have you seen the theories on Elsa and Anna not actually being sisters?

That Elsa's repunzel's sister...Because of the light colored hair even though it's not blonde.

...Even though it's shown the ice powers turn Anna's hair light...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, about the Mighty No 9 delay

Shantae's kickstarter started at the same time and that game isn't released either

They just were smart enough to not give a release date
I remember them giving an estimated release date of Late 2015. Which of course didn't happen.

Speaking of which, I'd really like some more news on that game.

Importance is the only factor that 1. doesn't imply that obviously absurd decisions are a good idea,.
This makes no sense. If a decision is "obviously absurd" then it wouldn't be selected You claim making popularity makes Goku an option (which is a blatantly obvious slippery slope by the way) and yet, even though we currently use popularity for smash, we do not have Goku.
2. can be rigorously adhered to
This is the decision of the developer and not a positive factor of rating on importance only
minimally subjective.
Not really unless you purely go by sales

But then you have another problem to deal with when you have 30 mario characters and 30 pokemon and no smaller interesting franchises

This also kind of ****s with advertisement.

Using only 1 factor just leads to issues. Popularity only would cause a few less important characters to be snubbed. Using only importance means boring characters can be selected and makes it more awkward for smaller franchises. Using just uniqueness just plain doesnt make sense.

The rainbow has many colors that make it beutiful. If it was just blue there would be nothing to marvel at.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Don't post images with words that bypass the censor
Even Flowey ships that pairing? That dirty little clod. :laugh:
Nah, we all know that Dimentio will ship himself. I mean, look at this.
ask_spm_31_dimentio__s_shippings_by_chivi_chivik-d56qk5b.png
True canon right here.:troll:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Importance is the only factor that 1. doesn't imply that obviously absurd decisions are a good idea, and
2. can be rigorously adhered to and is minimally subjective.

Besides, my rosters, which are based solely on importance, still include many popular and unique characters. But rosters that aren't based on importance (Like the one we got) exclude them.
Talk about how the newcomers aren't important. Cause they are
Choosing characters based on popularity is poor reasoning. If it were good reasoning, It logically follows that Goku, Shadow, and Shrek would be good inclusions.
The fact that someone as unimportant as Bayonetta was chosen based on popularity just proves my point.
The only good rationale for choosing characters is importance.
You're a ****ing idiot if you can't tell the difference between adding a popular character in Smash and the likes of Goku. Most of those? Troll requests. Not to mention the more popular a character in Smash is, the larger appeal

D

Deleted member

Currently Arena grinding because Eliwood still has 6 strenght
I want to like you, dude, but you're making this hard

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Here you go again with these disturbing crack pairings of yours....
But wait, isn't this Eggma... errr Robotnik's response to seeing the number of pairings that involve him.

Robotnik x Scratch
Robotnik x Sonic
Robotnik x Tails
Robotnik x Amy
Robotnik x Shadow
Robotnik x Peach
Robotnik x Eggman Nega
Robotnik x Maria (Yes, this exist)
Robotnik x Blaze

Yep, the Sonic fandom is a gold mine of interesting ships. :troll:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not in this thread :X

A character with a flat personality with a character that is flat
First line:
I'm scarred.:drsad:
Second line: I know right? The perfect ship.:yeahboi:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Precisely.
Choosing characters solely for "importance" (which in itself is as ****ing subjective as you can get) makes for a piss-poor roster.
Ha.
It is objectively true that Toad is more important than Dark Pit.
It is ridiculous to suggest that importance is subjective. It isn't, except perhaps in extremely marginal cases.

Talk about how the newcomers aren't important. Cause they are

You're a ****ing idiot if you can't tell the difference between adding a popular character in Smash and the likes of Goku. Most of those? Troll requests. Not to mention the more popular a character in Smash is, the larger appeal
Some of the newcomers are important. Some aren't. But many that are extremely important were excluded.
Goku is only a troll request in the smash community, most are deadly serious.

This makes no sense. If a decision is "obviously absurd" then it wouldn't be selected You claim making popularity makes Goku an option (which is a blatantly obvious slippery slope by the way) and yet, even though we currently use popularity for smash, we do not have Goku.

This is the decision of the developer and not a positive factor of rating on importance only

Not really unless you purely go by sales

But then you have another problem to deal with when you have 30 mario characters and 30 pokemon and no smaller interesting franchises

This also kind of ****s with advertisement.

Using only 1 factor just leads to issues. Popularity only would cause a few less important characters to be snubbed. Using only importance means boring characters can be selected and makes it more awkward for smaller franchises. Using just uniqueness just plain doesnt make sense.

The rainbow has many colors that make it beutiful. If it was just blue there would be nothing to marvel at.
Firstly, it isn't a slippery slope, it is Reductio ad absurdum, a perfectly legitimate form of reasoning.
Your 30 mario and 30 pokemon argument is a nice strawman. If you are going to represent nintendo's history in a rational and consistent way, you would include loads of smaller interesting series, because nintendo does a wide variety of things. My roster, which is based solely on importance, adds more new series characters than characters from existing series. These characters include many popular choices like Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, Toad, Impa, and Banjo. It also includes many very unique fighters like Andy, Excitebiker, Dark Matter, Daitoryo, and Inkling.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But wait, isn't this Eggma... errr Robotnik's response to seeing the number of pairings that involve him.

Robotnik x Scratch
Robotnik x Sonic
Robotnik x Tails
Robotnik x Amy
Robotnik x Shadow
Robotnik x Peach
Robotnik x Eggman Nega
Robotnik x Maria (Yes, this exist)
Robotnik x Blaze

Yep, the Sonic fandom is a gold mine of interesting ships. :troll:
Same fandom is a great source of "interesting" OC's. Just don't play the Google "Your Name" the Hedgehog game or else you will be having a bad time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ha.
It is ridiculous to suggest that importance is subjective. It isn't, except perhaps in extremely marginal cases.

Some of the newcomers are important. Some aren't. But many that are extremely important were excluded.
Goku is only a troll request in the smash community, most are deadly serious.

Firstly, it isn't a slippery slope, it is Reductio ad absurdum, a perfectly legitimate form of reasoning.
Your 30 mario and 30 pokemon argument is a nice strawman. If you are going to represent nintendo's history in a rational and consistent way, you would include loads of smaller interesting series, because nintendo does a wide variety of things. My roster, which is based solely on importance, adds more new series characters than characters from existing series. These characters include many popular choices like Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, Toad, Impa, and Banjo. It also includes many very unique fighters like Andy, Excitebiker, Dark Matter, Daitoryo, and Inkling.
Nope. Face it, a roster solely based on 'muh importance' which IS subjective af would be like Street Fighter 3. Fans are pissed their favourite characters didn't come back because there are different ones instead. Do you want the entire goddamn fanbase to be as salty as the Wolf fans are now?

D

Deleted member

Bayonetta hater gets salty and tries to explain why she shouldn't be in Smash
News at 11

D

Deleted member

Ha.

My roster, which is based solely on importance, adds more new series characters than characters from existing series. These characters include many popular choices like Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, Toad, Impa, and Banjo. It also includes many very unique fighters like Andy, Excitebiker, Dark Matter, Daitoryo, and Inkling.
Way to be contradictory with quite a few you listed.

You've only proven that importance is subjective.

Futhermore, you fail to understand what is subjective about it.
It's about how important the character in question is. Not "THIS CHARACTER IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS CHARACTER FROM A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FRANCHISE NEENER NEENER NEENER".

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom